• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

http://club2.nintend...16#.Ue2zy43VBDB

Get ready for hot releases like these...

Now through July 28, add qualifying funds to your Wii U Nintendo eShop account and we'll throw in up to $10 in eShop credit.

• Step 1

Access the Nintendo eShop from your Wii U console.

•  
  • Step 2

Add funds to your Nintendo eShop account using a credit card or Nintendo pre-paid card by July 28, 2013.*

• Add $50-$99.99 to receive a promotional code for $5
    • Add $100 or more to receive a promotional code for $10
  •  
  • Step 3

You'll get an email with your Nintendo eShop promotional code on August 2 - just in time for the Pikmin 3 release on August 4!

(Be sure your Nintendo Network Account email address is correct by viewing User Settings on your Wii U system.)

Hot releases, guise

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#2 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Add $10, get Earthbound.

Done!

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#3 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

This deal seemed a little bit interesting, as I'll be getting a $30 credit from the Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensei Club Nintendo deal soon...but I wonder if that would count as part of a $50 eShop funding if I threw in the extra $20.  In any case, I'd only get $5 in bonus monies, which isn't all that much, plus I'm personally sticking with physical media on larger games like Rayman Legends :/

#4 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Stacked with Digital Deluxe this isn't too bad. My only issue is that I, and I'm sure a lot of others, would be more open to buying digital if our content wasn't tied to the console. I'd love for all my games on Wii U to be digital only, but if that thing ever broke or got stolen, eh. With that said, I still buy cheap downloadable games, whatever.

591625.png

#5 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Stacked with Digital Deluxe this isn't too bad. My only issue is that I, and I'm sure a lot of others, would be more open to buying digital if our content wasn't tied to the console. I'd love for all my games on Wii U to be digital only, but if that thing ever broke or got stolen, eh. With that said, I still buy cheap downloadable games, whatever.

I've heard that Nintendo is willing to fund re-purchasing digital downloads from stolen 3DS/Wii Us as long as you provide enough evidence (police report, fire report, etc.) to show that your Nintendo system is in fact not in your hands anymore.  I'd hate to have to test this out though, just in case they don't give you back credits to repurchase your digital content.

#6 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Wow! Money grows on trees when it comes to the Wii U eShop! First, I get $30 for registering Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Fire Emblem Awakening. Plus, I redeemed $5 through the Deluxe Digital Promotion offered to Wii U Deluxe owners by spending $50 on the eShop. Plus, after I spend the $30 they gave me for free, I'll qualify for ANOTHER $5 through Deluxe Digital Promotion. And to top it off, I'm going to add $50 and take advantage of the current offer to receive $5 for that also. The cherry on the pie is when I spend the $50 I add to get this $5, I'll qualify for YET ANOTHER $5 through Deluxe Digital Promotion lol!!!

#7 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

I've heard that Nintendo is willing to fund re-purchasing digital downloads from stolen 3DS/Wii Us as long as you provide enough evidence (police report, fire report, etc.) to show that your Nintendo system is in fact not in your hands anymore.  I'd hate to have to test this out though, just in case they don't give you back credits to repurchase your digital content.

Thats a joke for a policy it all should be account bound nintendo needs to up is game.

#8 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

I just bought 2 $50 eshop cards. If those cards qualify for the promotion, I am totally registering both to my Wii U.

Posted Image

#9 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

I just bought 2 $50 eshop cards. If those cards qualify for the promotion, I am totally registering both to my Wii U.

Cards count.

#10 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Thats a joke for a policy it all should be account bound nintendo needs to up is game.

Well there's rumors that Nintendo is working on merging the Wii U eShop accounts with the 3DS eShop accounts this year, so hopefully we'll at least have one account/balance to manage.  I'm just hoping that also means that your digitally purchased games will also be tied to your account, instead of the physical systems (like the PlayStation Network and Xbox accounts).

#11 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Kind of tempted to do this with the digital deluxe program stacking on top of this.  Would be spend $50/100, get $10/$20 back. 

Although it does blow that I purchased Earthbound on day 1, haven't even played the game, and those funds do not count towards this promotion. 

Hmm...

Well there's rumors that Nintendo is working on merging the Wii U eShop accounts with the 3DS eShop accounts this year, so hopefully we'll at least have one account/balance to manage.  I'm just hoping that also means that your digitally purchased games will also be tied to your account, instead of the physical systems (like the PlayStation Network and Xbox accounts).

That would be dope if they had cross platform download play.  I would definitely buy more SNES/N64 games to play on my 3DS. 

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#12 Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Nintendo needs to join the rest of the DLC providers in the 21st century and tie your content to an account that is readily accessible if your console breaks/is stolen/you upgrade it to a newer model. I mean seriously, how does Nintendo think tying to the console is a good idea?!

#13 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

"There's rumors that" Nintendo is run by a giant lizard.

I still don't know why everyone wants to keep their games after they sell their system. It's not like itunes or steam where you could use them on other hardware.

This deal is for the real eshop, not the ethereal, rumored, made-up eshop.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#14 Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I still don't know why everyone wants to keep their games after they sell their system. It's not like itunes or steam where you could use them on other hardware.

This deal is for the real eshop, not the ethereal, rumored, made-up eshop.

If an all-digital future is to be embraced, IMHO companies need to make sure that digital content 'ownership'( using that term very loosely) is as convenient as possible. That means allowing it to seamlessly transfer across systems, either in the same generation or forward compatible to future hardware. Nintendo is the only major electronic company I'm aware of that employs this very archaic method of digital content delivery.

#15 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well, you can't play any of you digital 360 or ps3 games on Xbox one or PS4.

So in that sense, all of them are the same.

Actually, at least you could transfer your Wii digital stuff to the Wii U.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#16 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

SHHHH!  Reggie can hear you!  Are you trying to get us all killed?!

Posted Image

#17 Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Well, you can't play any of you digital 360 or ps3 games on Xbox one or PS4.

So in that sense, all of them are the same.

Actually, at least you could transfer your Wii digital stuff to the Wii U.

Yes, and what I said above goes for MS and Sony too. That's who I was referring to when I said that content should be forward-compatible. I don't expect that DLC I buy today be compatible with my systems in 20 years, but a single generational leap? PS4 not being able to play digital PS3 PSN titles is ridiculous, ditto for 360 live games on the Xbone.

#18 shouamabane

shouamabane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

The rebate code works on the 3DS eShop.

#19 argyle

argyle

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Has anyone determined if the $30 promo credit from the "buy smt4 & fe" deal counts towards this?  If so, how far does it stack?  In other words, can I add the $30 promo credit from that deal, pay to add another $30 to it & then buy Pikmin and get $5 back from the "add $50" promo AND $5 back from the black Wii U bonus thingy?  

Posted Image

#20 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yes, and what I said above goes for MS and Sony too. That's who I was referring to when I said that content should be forward-compatible. I don't expect that DLC I buy today be compatible with my systems in 20 years, but a single generational leap? PS4 not being able to play digital PS3 PSN titles is ridiculous, ditto for 360 live games on the Xbone.

But the PS4 / XB1 are massive revisions that were designed to make things easier on developers / indies / get more games on the console. The "cloud" is said to magically fix some of the PS3 / PS4 com pad, so we will see what happens. In either case, DD is what people say is the future, but it's far into the future. There are too many current limits (like download speed, caps, storage space), which need to be addressed before we start worrying about how they're going to make sure I "own" everything. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#21 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Has anyone determined if the $30 promo credit from the "buy smt4 & fe" deal counts towards this?  If so, how far does it stack?  In other words, can I add the $30 promo credit from that deal, pay to add another $30 to it & then buy Pikmin and get $5 back from the "add $50" promo AND $5 back from the black Wii U bonus thingy?  

This promo ended on the 28th but yes the credit from buying smt4 & fe did count. You can still get points for the Deluxe Digital promo though.

#22 DrCactus

DrCactus

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

The Eshop merge was confirmed not too long ago

And here

#23 argyle

argyle

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

This promo ended on the 28th but yes the credit from buying smt4 & fe did count. You can still get points for the Deluxe Digital promo though.

Doh, oh well, thanks for the reply.  :)

Posted Image

#24 keithabrown

keithabrown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

It is. The lizard is named Yoshi.