Why is it ok that gov't price gouge

Finger_Shocker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So price gouging involves a private entity who purposely raise the prices on items during scarcity or in times when supplies are limited..

Now why is it every place that have gov't involvement or gov't security forces are allow to price gouge customers.

Look at the prices of food at stadiums and other gov't controlled convention centers

And the biggest culprits are Airports where our gov't bans almost anything under the sun and then in order to buy anything inside you are being forces to pay over 20-30x its retail value

Most of your examples are ridiculous. A stadium and an airport are private property. You don't have to go. You are not in a flood without food and someone is trying to sell you a $30 hamburger. Same with convention centers. Your group wants to have a convention here? On our private property? Ok then, here are the rules, no outside food. Agree? Ok then, sign here. Airports have always been expensive, even when they didn't have restrictions on what you could bring in. Might as well throw amusement parks into your argument, they have high prices too, that you pay to get to go inside and purchase. It isn't price gouging when there isn't scarcity and you agree to enter onto private property.

Last edited by a moderator:
The definition of price gouging mainly refers to hikes following natural distasters.

Although it could be argued that a few pro sports teams fit this criteria.

First of all some convention center and airports have gov't OVERSIGHT

A good example is the Jacob Javtis Center in NYC, it is partly state-runned with state gov't involved

Ok. I think I understand now. So an entire industry does this, for a really long time, right? And SOME of the facilities in this industry have governmenntal oversight which may, or may not, include setting the price of a BLT on whole wheat, hold the pickle. So, in conclusion, therefore, and without a shadow of a doubt,
Aliens-meme.jpg

So you don't think the gov't banning products and then forcing you to buy products inside a "secure" location at marked up prices isn't consider price gouging?

You've somehow outdone yourself mr shocker.  I'm still holding out hope you're an internet creation of some unimaginative office worker

Does anyone else read the vs forum for the "there but for the grace of god go I" factor?
I'll admit I was not too familiar with that phrase before you posted it. Does it mean you are entertained by some of the more unique posters who in turn force you to appreciate your own intelligence?

Pretty more sad that people can accept what the gov't is allowed to do while the gov't get to criticize others for engaging in the same..

Does being on a constant "terror alert" not consider a emergency?

But then lets not forget the gov't control over the monetray system too....

Pretty more sad that people can accept what the gov't is allowed to do while the gov't get to criticize others for engaging in the same..
More specific, please.

Does being on a constant "terror alert" not consider a emergency?
This could be interpreted at least two ways due to the grammar and I still don't know how to answer either.

But then lets not forget the gov't control over the monetray system too....
Now this I do hate. I tried to pay for my PS4 preorder with ham sandwiches and foot massages and was refused. They are acceptable forms of payment in my household so I assumed the same is true everywhere else.

I'll admit I was not too familiar with that phrase before you posted it. Does it mean you are entertained by some of the more unique posters who in turn force you to appreciate your own intelligence?
It's not so much the lack of intelligence as it is the bitterness and anger. If I was that concerned about inconsequential (and horribly misunderstood) $8 slices of pizza in airports because of the guberment, I'd be really sad.

But because I'm not, I count my proverbial blessings.

bread's done
Back