Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

this country is so f*cked up its not even funny.

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#31 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Israel doesn't have the same problems the US does, not in terms of social and parenting and all that kind of ill disciplined disrespectful youth.  

Nah, most of their problems come from constantly antagonizing their neighboring countries; I can't imagine how a culture forced into military service would have that problem...

#32 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Mandatory service would be good for people and especially discipline for many out of control young people.  Seeing these supposed know it all's actually have to get out of their comfort zone would be pretty funny too.   i could envisage dohdoh trying to bring numerous lawsuits on people for his own failure to be a man.

Do you know who else ordered mandatory service? Hitler. Are you saying that you want the US to be Nazi Germany? Are you a Nazi?:roll:

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#33 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

I am indeed a FF, we also run the EMS system in our city so I ride the ambulance some too. I was just about to become a teacher before I got the FF gig, so paint me as a should be "liberal" all the way. What is hilarious and contradictory about my way of thinking? As Silk said, I got a job in the system that is established that pays me decently, provides an abundance of free time(though we actually work a 52 hour work week), provides a pension, is sometimes exciting, and allows me to make positive changes in strangers lives from time to time(plus the chicks, young chicks dig FF's, the older ones are smart enough to realize that we don't make bank ;) ). I can honestly say that I have saved a few lives, though most of the calls are BS. Stupid people actually make up the most of our calls so I should applaud our subsidizing of uneducated teenaged breeding, right? But they don't pay the bills for our services and cause the majority of unnecessary EMS visits that jack up our medical payments. How is having a police/fire service contradictory to my beliefs that most welfare should be abolished? Doh tried making that point a while ago, somehow comparing me to a welfare recipient I think. I didn't understand it then, maybe you can explain it better.

I could understand were the frustration comes from, who wouldn't get mad at a bunch of lazy people eating up social services. The point I was trying to make was you being in a profession where you help people but contradict it by always attacking the very same people you help. I know FF salary varies, here in CA they make pretty good money, the average salary is $77. I've had a few guys tell me they make well over $100k with fire season. Can't you agree that these guys make way too much money sitting around the fire station doing nothing most of the time and just drain money down the social pipeline? I just want to make it clear I have nothing against FF, I'm just using them as a point and it's a service I'm happy we have.

I do agree that changes need to be made but bitching about whats wrong isn't going to fix anything, I think more people need a more proactive approach including myself. I've written to Diane Feinstein a few times and I think it's pretty useless, they respond with such a generic letter.

Do you know who else ordered mandatory service? Hitler. Are you saying that you want the US to be Nazi Germany? Are you a Nazi? :roll:

The wife's uncle and great grandfather were but that's a whole other story but as you said they were forced into it.

#34 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

I could understand were the frustration comes from, who wouldn't get mad at a bunch of lazy people eating up social services. The point I was trying to make was you being in a profession where you help people but contradict it by always attacking the very same people you help. I know FF salary varies, here in CA they make pretty good money, the average salary is $77. I've had a few guys tell me they make well over $100k with fire season. Can't you agree that these guys make way too much money sitting around the fire station doing nothing most of the time and just drain money down the social pipeline? I just want to make it clear I have nothing against FF, I'm just using them as a point and it's a service I'm happy we have.

I do agree that changes need to be made but bitching about whats wrong isn't going to fix anything, I think more people need a more proactive approach including myself. I've written to Diane Feinstein a few times and I think it's pretty useless, they respond with such a generic letter.

The wife's uncle and great grandfather were but that's a whole other story but as you said they were forced into it.

I genuinely enjoy helping people, and I see no contradiction in acknowledging poor and inefficient policies of our gov't while doing it. I don't make 70 grand a year, at least not from firefighting. I do get a pension, 50% at 20 years, 65% at 25. No healthcare once I retire. Our new guys have to pay in 5% towards retirement. I just want the gov't (state, local,federal) to uphold the deal I signed in under. Poor economic planning and inefficiencies can cripple municipalities. Detroit retirees might be lucky to get 50% of their earned pensions. The saying among firefighters is that we are not always paid for what we do, but what we might have to do. We do work 24 hour shifts and are away from home and family during those nights. I got up three times the other night for BS calls. The last one was for a regular who lives in subsidized housing. He activated his medical alert so that we could prop his leg up with a pillow at 4:30 AM.....his medicare nurse wouldn't arrive till 7. I was super nice to the guy, as always. I'm just a nice guy in general, but I figure I'm paid to be nice as well. I do have a problem with selfish people who are 25 years old or less and have 3 kids while suckling all of the tax payer money they can get. We have "incentivized"  this behavior and unwed motherhood with our welfare programs. I want solutions, reread my sterilization proposal. Drastic as hell, yes, but if you saw the conditions that these kids are living in then you would think continuing this cycle is crazy as well. Money without education is not the answer, and I've lost a lot of hope in humanity's ability to sacrifice and better themselves lately.

On another topic, who here supports a $15 minimum wage? Should an unskilled laborer make as much as a firefighter, policeman, or EMT?

#35 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm not going to argue that our social development in society has degraded, especially in urban areas.

Teenagers at their finest...

#36 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

Hahaha the worker told you to Fuck out another child yeah totally lol
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#37 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

heres another point here locally 

they want 75,000 bucks to move a statue    3 blocks       while there are people standing on the corners  begging for cash... like they cant use that  75k   to  give them.. instead of moving a  statue  

WOOOO I STINK

#38 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

http://www.liveleak....=1f8_1375594134

This'll really piss you off, slide. We payed basically $1000 a month so someone could live in this nice house, and they destroyed the place.

#39 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

http://www.liveleak....=1f8_1375594134

This'll really piss you off, slide. We payed basically $1000 a month so someone could live in this nice house, and they destroyed the place.

It is Atlanta, Georgia after all.

#40 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

http://thecalreport....lla-california/

I love to surf as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous.... Any welfare supporters wanna support this guy? This has got to be fake, right???? Please...

#41 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Don't be asinine. No one is going to support this guy. But to act like he is the face of SNAP is retarded (even for Fox news).  "91% of our viewers don't want to support him" - shocking. 

and $200 ain't much for food a month...especially "gourmet"

p.s. if you don't have any inkling that you are being manipulated by this report. There's really no hope.

#42 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Don't be asinine. No one is going to support this guy. But to act like he is the face of SNAP is retarded (even for Fox news).  "91% of our viewers don't want to support him" - shocking. 

p.s. if you don't have any inkling that you are being manipulated by this report. There's really no hope.

$200 aint much? I do not want this type of aid given to other people but there are far more families deserving of it if we continue to do so. Obviously he is not the first one and there are many who stay willfully unemployed to leech off the system, you should be more concerned about that than pointing out the issues with the polls.

#43 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:52 AM

Manipulated? Because I want a system in place that stops this abuse? And I see MAJOR abuse everyday where I work. A paradigm shift in work ethic and stigma of being on welfare should scare most intelligent people.

#44 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

Manipulated? Because I want a system in place that stops this abuse? And I see MAJOR abuse everyday where I work. A paradigm shift in work ethic and stigma of being on welfare should scare most intelligent people.

Intelligent people would realize that Spicoli is trolling the Fuck outta you and that the goons from Faux Newbz told him to ham it up. This is where the manipulation comes into play because you're feeding into their manufactured narrative...but like I said, intelligent people would realize this; not knee-jerking non-thinkers.

Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#45 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Intelligent people would realize that Spicoli is trolling the Fuck outta you and that the goons from Faux Newbz told him to ham it up. This is where the manipulation comes into play because you're feeding into their manufactured narrative...but like I said, intelligent people would realize this; not knee-jerking non-thinkers.

Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse.

Of course the douche bag is playing up the badboy character, but is he, an able bodied person, benefiting from the work of others due to gov't threats of force? Yes. We've been down this merry path with each other before, Doh. You don't view people who already have kids that they can't support, having more kids, all the while smoking and drinking and doing a damn poor job of parenting, as abusing the welfare system? Are these people selfish assholes, or just too stupid to realize that procreating while on gov't assistance is foolish? Gimme your explanation if these are not the only choices. Kids suffer due to generational poverty that is limped along because of gov't welfare.

Thanks for the "knee-jerking non-thinkers" insult. Its a good reminder of how weak your arguments are that you immediately go into bashing mode.

#46 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Welfare fukken rules.

#47 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Of course the douche bag is playing up the badboy character, but is he, an able bodied person, benefiting from the work of others due to gov't threats of force? Yes. We've been down this merry path with each other before, Doh. You don't view people who already have kids that they can't support, having more kids, all the while smoking and drinking and doing a damn poor job of parenting, as abusing the welfare system? Are these people selfish assholes, or just too stupid to realize that procreating while on gov't assistance is foolish? Gimme your explanation if these are not the only choices. Kids suffer due to generational poverty that is limped along because of gov't welfare.

Says the guy that gets paid by the same "threat of force." :roll:

Aren't you abusing the same taxpayer dollars when you're getting paid while you sleep or take a shit? It's not like you're doing anything work related during those times.

So are we talking about Spicoli or not? Cause it seems like you just want to go on a tangent about some other bullshit that deals with completely different circumstances. By your operating definition of "abuse," EVERYTHING is fucking abuse except that YOUR "abuse" is somehow justified.

Thanks for the "knee-jerking non-thinkers" insult. Its a good reminder of how weak your arguments are that you immediately go into bashing mode.

Hey genius, I'm not the one having an aneurysm over some fluff piece about a guy that bought supermarket sushi and a lobster. Anyone with two brain cells should be able to break down how unrealistic that guy's scenario as portrayed is. Fox News is in the entertainment business; not the news business. The fact that you're taking that 9 minute clip seriously says more about you than me.

Btw, if my argument was weak, I'd be changing the subject like you just tried to.

edit: For shits and giggles, some here would say that "knee-jerking non-thinkers" isn't an insult because being passive aggressive doesn't count.
dohdough.png

#48 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

You really gonna compare firefighters to welfare recipients spitting out kids???? I can't argue against delusional. I also didn't go off on any tangent. You asked, "Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse." I told you about the situations I see everyday at work. No apology needed....

"Btw, if my argument was weak, I'd be changing the subject like you just tried to."-Doh.  Hheheheheeheheheee...isn't that exactly what you did? Can you also gimme your explanation if welfare abusers are selfish, stupid, or a third unknown? Do you believe that most people have the intelligence and self control to NOT have kids while on gov't assistance? I do, but we have "incentivized" child birth.

#49 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

You really gonna compare firefighters to welfare recipients spitting out kids???? I can't argue against delusional. I also didn't go off on any tangent. You asked, "Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse." I told you about the situations I see everyday at work. No apology needed....

"Btw, if my argument was weak, I'd be changing the subject like you just tried to."-Doh.  Hheheheheeheheheee...isn't that exactly what you did? Can you also gimme your explanation if welfare abusers are selfish, stupid, or a third unknown? Do you believe that most people have the intelligence and self control to NOT have kids while on gov't assistance? I do, but we have "incentivized" child birth.

If being paid to sleep on the government's dime isn't abuse, then neither is covering kids on government assistance. BOTH are under the purview of using services/funds for legitimate purposes. And spare me your entitlement complex for your "profession" as if you deserve more than what you're already getting compensated. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's abuse.

If people having grown up with a school administrator as a father in a nice lily white suburb aren't intelligent enough to realize that his life isn't the typical experience of the vast majority of the population, I have lower expectations in regards to certain types of knowledge for those that didn't have those resources. It's like asking someone to understand algebra when that person only understand addition while you, yourself, don't even understand multiplication. What those "welfare abusers" do is less offensive to me than a glorified EMT that benefits from a union, but doesn't kick in his share. That's the definition of being a government leech.

edit: People are going to have sex and have kids planned or not regardless of their ability to financially or emotionally support them whether they make a billion dollars or get subsidies from the government. Unless you're advocating for sex education, free condoms in school, or OTC birth control pills, your indignation rings hollow. Cutting people off except for the ones you approve of is not a solution.
dohdough.png

#50 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

If being paid to sleep on the government's dime isn't abuse, then neither is covering kids on government assistance. BOTH are under the purview of using services/funds for legitimate purposes. And spare me your entitlement complex for your "profession" as if you deserve more than what you're already getting compensated. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's abuse.

If people having grown up with a school administrator as a father in a nice lily white suburb aren't intelligent enough to realize that his life isn't the typical experience of the vast majority of the population, I have lower expectations in regards to certain types of knowledge for those that didn't have those resources. It's like asking someone to understand algebra when that person only understand addition while you, yourself, don't even understand multiplication. What those "welfare abusers" do is less offensive to me than a glorified EMT that benefits from a union, but doesn't kick in his share. That's the definition of being a government leech.

Hhahaahahahhaahahaa..I know you are just trolling, but you amuse me so much that I have to play along. Do you want firefighters and police to be paid just for the times they are on calls? Should store clerks be paid for only the time that they are actively ringing up customers? If I could sleep at my house and respond to calls from there, then you might have a point. Otherwise, you are showing a very unsophisticated method of thinking. Having kids while on gov't assistance is by no means comparable. And where exactly did I ask for more compensation? I'm in a right to work state, so my "union" is weak. I like it that way. I would rather be compensated for my personal accomplishments rather than a blanket benefit to assholes who do a piss poor job, but can't be reprimanded or fired because of union protection BS. I make just over 42 grand a year and work 52 hours a week. Do the math. Day trading has been very good to me though, so don't cry for me. ;)

I didn't grow up in a lily white suburb, in fact, the school system I attended longest was 88% black. So were most of my friends until I moved. Lower expectations are fine, but common fucking sense is not economically dependent. Having kids while not having adequate pay is a pretty simple equation to figure out. Are these people THAT stupid? Is that what you are saying?

A "glorified EMT"? Emergency Medical Technician...What are you trying to say here? Please be specific, you had some supposed secret about me in the past that I could never get you to disclose. Did an EMT sleep with your wife or mom? Why the hatred?

#51 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

I think doh finally lost his marbles. I would think intelligent people would see the difference between firefighters and lazy welfare recipients but I guess not in his case. Maybe he or someone in his family is leeching off the system while popping out babies. How else would you explain his distaste for government employees who actually contribute something back to the society vs baby poppers. 

#52 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hhahaahahahhaahahaa..I know you are just trolling, but you amuse me so much that I have to play along. Do you want firefighters and police to be paid just for the times they are on calls? Should store clerks be paid for only the time that they are actively ringing up customers? If I could sleep at my house and respond to calls from there, then you might have a point. Otherwise, you are showing a very unsophisticated method of thinking. Having kids while on gov't assistance is by no means comparable. And where exactly did I ask for more compensation? I'm in a right to work state, so my "union" is weak. I like it that way. I would rather be compensated for my personal accomplishments rather than a blanket benefit to assholes who do a piss poor job, but can't be reprimanded or fired because of union protection BS. I make just over 42 grand a year and work 52 hours a week. Do the math. Day trading has been very good to me though, so don't cry for me. ;)

"Unsophisticated method of thinking" you say? Do you mean as much, more, or less unsophisticated thinking compared to that clip and/or your analysis of it?

I didn't grow up in a lily white suburb, in fact, the school system I attended longest was 88% black. So were most of my friends until I moved. Lower expectations are fine, but common fucking sense is not economically dependent. Having kids while not having adequate pay is a pretty simple equation to figure out. Are these people THAT stupid? Is that what you are saying?

"Common sense" isn't a concept that I hang my arguments on. Kids are going to Fuck. Adults are going to Fuck. It's simply unavoidable. The most you can do is give them the tools to prevent having kids; not force them to use them. Last time I checked, there's a pretty strong lobby for even prohibiting sex ed classes. It's a system; not a vacuum.

A "glorified EMT"? Emergency Medical Technician...What are you trying to say here? Please be specific, you had some supposed secret about me in the past that I could never get you to disclose. Did an EMT sleep with your wife or mom? Why the hatred?

Classy.

I think doh finally lost his marbles. I would think intelligent people would see the difference between firefighters and lazy welfare recipients but I guess not in his case. Maybe he or someone in his family is leeching off the system while popping out babies. How else would you explain his distaste for government employees who actually contribute something back to the society vs baby poppers.

Exactly! How else could someone explain why I'm saying! It can't mean ANYTHING else. It LITERALLY means what it says. Yup.
dohdough.png

#53 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

Glad we could agree.

#54 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

"Common sense" isn't a concept that I hang my arguments on. Kids are going to Fuck. Adults are going to Fuck. It's simply unavoidable. The most you can do is give them the tools to prevent having kids; not force them to use them. Last time I checked, there's a pretty strong lobby for even prohibiting sex ed classes. It's a system; not a vacuum.

Sex ed? You don't think they know where babies come from? What good would condoms do if we are making it favorable to be a young, unwed woman? Parents should teach sex ed, not schools. I read an article where some public schools are pushing a gay friendly agenda in their curriculum. Some book, "My dad's roomate" or some such nonsense was introducing the idea of gay men to kindergarten kids. :roll:  How about keeping religion and sex out of public schools? Lord knows they could use that time to make sure kids could actually be proficient at reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Thinking that something is "unavoidable" might be pragmatic, but also a defeatist attitude. What incentives are stronger than hunger? ;) What else can we use to motivate people? Is it that liberals think, "Most people are inherently evil, lazy, and stupid. Thus the elite(gov't), must provide and make their decisions or they will starve or revolt." Maybe there is a lot of truth in that unfortunately....

#55 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sex ed? You don't think they know where babies come from? What good would condoms do if we are making it favorable to be a young, unwed woman? Parents should teach sex ed, not schools. I read an article where some public schools are pushing a gay friendly agenda in their curriculum. Some book, "My dad's roomate" or some such nonsense was introducing the idea of gay men to kindergarten kids. :roll:  How about keeping religion and sex out of public schools? Lord knows they could use that time to make sure kids could actually be proficient at reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Thinking that something is "unavoidable" might be pragmatic, but also a defeatist attitude. What incentives are stronger than hunger? ;) What else can we use to motivate people? Is it that liberals think, "Most people are inherently evil, lazy, and stupid. Thus the elite(gov't), must provide and make their decisions or they will starve or revolt." Maybe there is a lot of truth in that unfortunately....

The fact you source Faux News for your opinions is the death knell of any credibility. There are many studies which show that they misinform their viewers. This study shows that consumers of conservative news outlets are the most misinformed. The most informed would be what are called "liberal." Also turns out that when you expose conservatives to more news, they become more misinformed. The opposite with liberals. Page 20 (22 in the Reader) shows this. So, WHY would you consume such trash? All US mainstream media is problematic but you choose to go with the worst of the worst! If you (and liberals) watched foreign media, you would likely be better informed about our domestic issues!

Misperceptions, the Media and the Iraq War

Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#56 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

The fact you source Faux News for your opinions is the death knell of any credibility. There are many studies which show that they misinform their viewers. This study shows that consumers of conservative news outlets are the most misinformed. The most informed would be what are called "liberal." Also turns out that when you expose conservatives to more news, they become more misinformed. The opposite with liberals. Page 20 (22 in the Reader) shows this. So, WHY would you consume such trash? All US mainstream media is problematic but you choose to go with the worst of the worst! If you (and liberals) watched foreign media, you would likely be better informed about our domestic issues!

Fox News misinforms their viewers? Well that sure opened my eyes to the truth. I wonder if CNN or MSNBC has even done such a thing on a daily basis?

Here is what you should take into account: Not all news on FOX aim to manipulate the viewers therefore some news segments are actually news. And second, conservatives have a bigger share of older folk which stick to television for their dose of information. Younger people such as myself or you, tend to get our information from the internet which is much more competitive and trustworthy. I bet you if you pinned a young conservative against a liberal then they would be matched when it comes to the current events. Also don't just rely on foreign media, RT and Al Jazeera are great but I can make an argument that they misinform the viewers as well.

#57 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

show me a job where i can work  4 hours a  day and   make  36,500 a year just on that one job  

Architectural photography. You work roughly 75-90 days a year and can easily make 65-100k. That averages out to be less than 4 hours a day. 

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#58 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

All media has a bias. Stating conservatives have more misconceptions than liberals as a fact is BS. Let them poll the subsidized housing area near where I work. At least 93% of that population voted liberal in the last presidential election. Uninformed is probably a better label than misinformed for most though. Do any of these polls take into account the throngs of social welfare leeches we have? Do you believe that they are truly "up" on all the issues, or are simply voting with their expected party who guarantees handouts? I'm against any war against a sovereign nation that didn't attack us first. I think we should have hunted Al-Qaeda down in their camps by working with the countries that they are in. If they refuse to allow access, we threaten war for harboring a force that publicly states they attacked us. A red line so to speak. The gov't lies and manipulates, therefore a pure "attack us and feel our wrath" policy would hopefully make the process of going to war much more transparent and uncomplicated. Syria hasn't attacked us. Let's "drill, baby, drill" so we can become energy independent in my lifetime and have no further need of dealing with the Middle East.

#59 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I kinda missed the boat on food stamps part of the thread. But the CEO of Panera bread is taking a food stamp challenge and not having a good time.

wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#60 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

I kinda missed the boat on food stamps part of the thread. But the CEO of Panera bread is taking a food stamp challenge and not having a good time.

Yeah, having to eat tuna fish and PB and J's everyday provided by money taken by the threat of force by people who EARN their money must be pretty rough.....I would feel guilty as hell. ;)