Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time & PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale both $20 at GameStop *And Amazon

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#31 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I really want to get All Stars but part of me feels like all the DLC characters will be included in a GOTY version later.

gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#32 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Probably a dumb question, but do we know if these are permanent price drops or just a "hot deal" of sorts?  Don't usually pay much attention to GS's pricing, but would still like to pick up Sly.

This is what I want to know. if its permanent then I can expect it to drop again. If its temporary, I'll go pick it them up.

#33 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Thanks to GoW Ascension I have all of the characters, so it's probably worth trading in my Vita copy for the PS3 version.

#34 U BE DA MAN

U BE DA MAN

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

i really want ps all stars but i have a feeling its going to be free on ps plus soon
3DS FC: 1607-2889-7755
Feel free to add me

#35 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks OP. I went ahead and picked up Sly today. I had an order in at estarland but it got back ordered. Cancelled. :)

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#36 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I wish I could use Steam Wallet funds on this.. hahah I have a bunch still left over from the mediocre summer sale  :lol:

I feel ya there.  Way over estimated how good the summer sale was going to be.

Why the hell isn't Amazon matching Sly and Persona 4 Gold? They really suck these days.

I don't know.  I was at Gamestop like an hour before this thread was posted so don't really want to go back there today (plus my thing against gutted games) and the nearest BBY is out or I would PM it there with an RZ cert.

Thanks to GoW Ascension I have all of the characters, so it's probably worth trading in my Vita copy for the PS3 version.

I got the short end on that.  Bought the GoW bundle and the code was like a month past expiration already. :(

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#37 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Oh man All-Stars is tempting me and I don't even own a PS3 yet!

Anybody think a better deal will come along this holiday?

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#38 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Great Deal but the Cheap Ass inside thinks the price will drop even lower, maybe going on sale at Black Friday. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#39 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks op. Going to bite on PSBAS. I was going by anyway to pick up Defiance which dropped to 18.99 used today also.

#40 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

It's eight hours later Amazon, why haven't you matched Sly yet?!

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#41 TweakyRabbit

TweakyRabbit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Thanks OP! Grabbed two new *SEALED* copies at GameStop!

467702.png

#42 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

Looks like I may get Sly this weekend. I got a few more things to swap in for it.

I played the first one, going to work on the second tonight, so might as well add another game to the backlog.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#43 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

I got lucky and was able to stack a price match with the Gamers Club coupon at Best Buy to score PSASBR for the low low price of free. The store GM happened to be standing at the gaming counter when I asked if stacking was possible and she said yes without really looking at the coupon. So Shaq-Fu yeah for happy, non-knowledgable managers!

Posted Image

#44 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

I feel ya there.  Way over estimated how good the summer sale was going to be.

I don't know.  I was at Gamestop like an hour before this thread was posted so don't really want to go back there today (plus my thing against gutted games) and the nearest BBY is out or I would PM it there with an RZ cert.

I got the short end on that.  Bought the GoW bundle and the code was like a month past expiration already. :(

Did you try entering it?  The expiration dates don't always mean they're actually expired.

#45 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

I got lucky and was able to stack a price match with the Gamers Club coupon at Best Buy to score PSASBR for the low low price of free. The store GM happened to be standing at the gaming counter when I asked if stacking was possible and she said yes without really looking at the coupon. So Shaq-Fu yeah for happy, non-knowledgable managers!

Damn....some people are just lucky. Congrats. Might try after work if the traffic doesn't kill me today.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#46 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Tried stacking with the 20 off at best buy.. Unfortunately they added my reward number before they price matched so it already showed it for 20 so they wouldn't let me price match. If you're going to try print the coupon and don't use your reward number.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#47 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

It's eight hours later Amazon, why haven't you matched Sly yet?!

It's $19.99 now on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co...ords=sly cooper

gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#48 littledude702

littledude702

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

edanaqus.jpg

What order did they do to do this. I price matched first then gave them my rewards zone card since it has the coupon attached to it. However, the computer caught it and automatically took the price match away. 

#49 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

Did you try entering it?  The expiration dates don't always mean they're actually expired.

I'm pretty sure I did but I'll try again just in case.  And what do you know it worked this time.  I was sure I got one of those this code is no longer valid messages last time but who knows, maybe I typed it wrong that time.

Edit- Definitely must have typed it wrong the first time since I just looked at it again and it says 3/31/2014 not 2013.

Yep, just placed my order after spending the whole day refreshing the page.  I have issues.

Trade List

#50 Zimm108

Zimm108

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

What order did they do to do this. I price matched first then gave them my rewards zone card since it has the coupon attached to it. However, the computer caught it and automatically took the price match away.

Did price match, then entered coupon number from my phone. It didn't work at first, so he called a different manger that said they couldn't stack. So I said the other manager (the GM) said I could, and he called her over and she overrode everything.

#51 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Anybody tried pricematching a BB.com purchase?  WOndering if its even worthwhile, I wont be able to get a BB store till Sunday at the earliest.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#52 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Did price match, then entered coupon number from my phone. It didn't work at first, so he called a different manger that said they couldn't stack. So I said the other manager (the GM) said I could, and he called her over and she overrode everything.

Ah so a very selective YMMV case because a manager wasn't paying attention. :rofl:  Too bad, was going to try it myself.

Going to be very hard not to flip the PS3 copies on Friday for $28 (assuming the values hold until the games show up) and be basically paying $6 for each Vita version.

Trade List

#53 Zimm108

Zimm108

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

Ah so a very selective YMMV case because a manager wasn't paying attention. :rofl: Too bad, was going to try it myself.

Going to be very hard not to flip the PS3 copies on Friday for $28 (assuming the values hold until the games show up) and be basically paying $6 for each Vita version.

Yeah extremely YMMV. Found a nice GM in a giving mood.

#54 Dallas2256

Dallas2256

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Does everyone here feel like this is the time to bite on sly? I've got credit left for gamestop but not sure if I should keep holding out lol

#55 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Does everyone here feel like this is the time to bite on sly? I've got credit left for gamestop but not sure if I should keep holding out lol

Obviously there's always room for holding out if you're not going to play right away (I'm trying to convince myself of that right now) but if you have a Vita then it could be a good opportunity to get the free Vita copy redemption then turn around and sell the PS3 version before the value drops further or loan it to a friend.

I wouldn't expect to see new copies to go for much less than this and used copies will have a chance of missing the Vita redemption.

NotRic.png

#56 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

It will always go lower.  The question is not if, but when that will happen.

#57 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Just picked up a copy in store. Does anyone know of a way to gift or trade the Vita code if I don't plan on using it?

#58 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

Just picked up a copy in store. Does anyone know of a way to gift or trade the Vita code if I don't plan on using it?

Its not a code its a download that's on the disc.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#59 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Woohoo! I was waiting for that. Thanks!

#60 argyle

argyle

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

A second vote of confidence for the new Sly - if you enjoyed the older games at all you'll love it.  I bought it at full price & traded it in after I had beaten it, but I picked it back up today using my $10 off used coupon just to have it in my collection (and probably wrap up that plat ;) ).  

EDIT:  Oh and FYI to anyone picking up Sly used - there is no manual.  So don't think your copy is incomplete if it's not there, it doesn't exist.  ;)  This might be true for PSAS as well, I can't remember (had it back when it came out but didn't care for it).  

Posted Image