Photo
* * - - - 34 votes

Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale 7/26-7/27 - Now Live!

best buy black friday july

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#61 HookerMctitties

HookerMctitties

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

5$ holliday 2011. oh man was that epic lmao

What happened in 2011?

#62 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'll be up anyway, hope for some decent stuff
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

What happened in 2011?

Ridiculous deals happened. Best Buy daily deals were nuts. And there was a huge closeout of relatively recent titles at firesale prices. At the time it was rumored that they were liquidating a distribution center. No idea if that was true or not.

#64 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

What happened in 2011?

Pure EPICNESS happened.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#65 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Can't stay up until 1am since I have work early tomorrow, but I suppose this is worth a look in the morning before I head out the door. I wouldn't mind some more 3DS deals to help fill some gaps in my collection since I've only had the system since February.

#66 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Ah, Holiday 2011, those were the days :D

#67 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ah, Holiday 2011, those were the days :D

Was that when NFS: The Run was $5?  That's the only $5 game I remember buying...

#68 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

LOL, in for bunch of complains like "f bestbuy, do they only have 15 copies of x games". or " what happen to last of us for $35? ",

#69 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hopefully they'll have some PS Vita deals.....

#70 U BE DA MAN

U BE DA MAN

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

lets just all hope its better than amazons last gold box sale
3DS FC: 1607-2889-7755
Feel free to add me

#71 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Definitely this. There might be a few decent deals but this is just advertising, hoping to real in some uneducated customers into thinking they are getting a much better deal than they are.

I don't know....Best Buy has had many great few day sales in the video game category.  Special promo or just for the fun of it.

#72 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

You can never be too optimistic, also, a lot of people here have stated how previous summer Black Friday sales have included good deals. I myself am expecting disappointment, so if the deals are good I'll be happy, if they suck, oh well.  

If they are half as good as the last sales they had during the previous summer (yes, click both of them for 1.0 and 2.0) I won't be disappointed.  Picked up plenty of good $5 and $10 games that are still the best deals I've seen on those titles.

#73 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Can't wait!

#74 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

The 1-2 day deals on games tend to be pretty good. I'm optimistic.

That's the main reason I maintain some optimism. Best Buy tends to go all out on these limited sales.

Exactly.  free 2 day shipping is nice.  I get premier mainly from using my best buy mastercard.  2% back on dining/groceries is what I use it for mainly (plus 5% back on bestbuy purchases) and I stack that with fatwallet when I buy online.  

I seriously can't get the MasterCard to save my life. They just keep saying I don't have enough credit for their high interest, low limit card and it 100% isn't true.

c'mon cheap 3DS games!!! $15 castlevania/lego city undercover? seems more likely to be a clearancing out of a lot of PS3 and 360 games, though.

Really good shot at this, Best Buy seems to feel the need to just rid themselves of 3DS games frequently.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#75 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

You guys are getting me way excited! It's been a too long since a set of deals

If its been longer than 4 hours, please consult a doctor.

#76 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

I was just at best buy and they had like 50 copies of ufc undisputed 3 for ps3 and 360. I think these will be part of the sale. They didn't have that many last week.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#77 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

The hype train is growing in this thread ... which all but guarantees the inevitable disappointment of a Black Friday sale ... IN JULY!

Remember folks, this is the same company that has those 'exclusive' shopping nights for platinum members where they keep the store open an extra hour just for you and literally the only benefit is more points on your purchases. And they hype the hell out of that too ... Just saying.

Ok, so here's a legit question - has anyone heard about Target's summer Black Friday sale? It was poste for red card members in an email a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if that will be legit either.

#78 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

UFC was Deal of the Day months ago. It better not be more than $10 if it goes on sale.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#79 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

lets just all hope its better than amazons last gold box sale

That was the worst GB sale I've ever seen honestly. Hitman was like a dollar off lol

#80 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

I was just at best buy and they had like 50 copies of ufc undisputed 3 for ps3 and 360. I think these will be part of the sale. They didn't have that many last week.

I don't think my BBY has more than 10 copies of anything. They remodeled the gaming section, so now it is a lot smaller with no dedicated salesperson. Random games scattered on the shelf, it's very sad.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#81 Grief.exe

Grief.exe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm hoping that the all black 3DS XL is part of this sale.

#82 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

The hype train is growing in this thread ... which all but guarantees the inevitable disappointment of a Black Friday sale ... IN JULY!

I know, what are the chances that this turns out to be as disappointing as an Amazon gold box day of Wii shovelware?

16Z462z.jpg

#83 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Crossing my fingers on a WiiU Pro Controller for maybe 25-30 bucks. Would love to snag one since I missed out on the daily deal. I want it for Mario and possibly Pikmin 3.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#84 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Wow downers? Can't just let people get excited?

Nope, I cannot allow it. That is why I exerted my will over to this thread to prevent it from happening.

Or..I just made a comment that it is likely marketing hype. If I am wrong and the sale is great, its not like I will be pissed or something. It's all good man.

MattNY.png

#85 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Has anybody placed an order in the past couple of days using gift cards to pay for the entire order? I tried Tuesday and they still didn't fix the problem so I had to make my purchase in store. Just wondering if it's even worth the trouble to move credit in preparation of the "sale".

#86 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm hoping that the all black 3DS XL is part of this sale.

It's not even out yet.

Come check out my Trade thread!

#87 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Im not expecting much. Just hoping for a decent game or two on sale
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

^ Same here.

#89 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Discounted ps3 models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

San Diego Padres...Let's keep the good things we have...trading Gregerson goes against that!
San Diego Chargers...It's New!! The Chargers are ALIVE!
Boston Celtics...we won it back in 08, I'm satisfied
Vancouver Canucks. yayy division realignment.

#90 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Definitely this. There might be a few decent deals but this is just advertising, hoping to real in some uneducated customers into thinking they are getting a much better deal than they are.

I'd be an idiot not to at least see what is offered. and the deals are in store as well it said. 

Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse