* * * * - 3 votes

PS Vita systems 3G/WiFi version $149.99 Clearance @ Best Buy YMMV

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#61 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Are there any other stores doing this?

Taking a break from gaming and on a major CAG hiatus.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#62 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

No go at the 1880 Broadway BB

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#63 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I will admit, this is a good deal, but I doubt my local Best Buy would have this deal, and besides, I rather not buy a system with a very uncertain future. 

And before someone say "well, Sony is not going drop the Vita, they are too big of a company," keep in mind that same big company is middle of restructuring, after losing billions of dollars, and is looking to cut, and has cut divisions which are money losers.

And even if Sony does not kill the Vita officially (and to be fair, they probably will not), my two cents on Vita are this: while this system may not be the next Dreamcast, so far, it looks doomed to be the next Saturn.

#64 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

And even if Sony does not kill the Vita officially (and to be fair, they probably will not), my two cents on Vita are this: while this system may not be the next Dreamcast, so far, it looks doomed to be the next Saturn.

Why does everyone act like a system has to be selling out on day 1, become so rare that it fetches $10,000+ on eBay and has a stream of releases on par with the PS3 / Xbox for it to be doing well? 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#65 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

I got there 30 minutes after the store in the OP opened and they were all gone. I met a nice female worker inside and she helped me get a wii u pro controller for the 24.99 price it was as the deal of the day a few days ago even though it rang up full price. We talked about the games for about 20 minutes and I recommended animal crossing because she had just bought a 3ds along with Zelda 3d and Luigi's mansion. I had a good time so it wasn't a complete waste.

Reading this was like a punch in the gut. Damn me having to work to day.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#66 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Congrats on your first post. All are welcome.

WOW, I wonder if they are not going to carry any Vita models or products nation wide, or if it's just that store? There are still a few games I would like to get, but I'm waiting on the 10 or less sales. 

Well they're seriously shrinking the section, that much is for sure (though all the sections are getting shrunk as we get closer to console launches).  The particular model here was a launch SKU so no surprise they were clearancing it out and I doubt they're going to stop carrying the hardware as long as Sony is producing it.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#67 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sony really is calling people's bluff here. It's almost like a buy vs price drop staring contest at this point.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#68 smokiebear

smokiebear

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sony is gonna get rid of these and have another vita come out with a micro usb plug instead and the screen is not gonna be oled. They're starting to be less propietary about their stuff to cut costs.

#69 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sony is gonna get rid of these and have another vita come out with a micro usb plug instead and the screen is not gonna be oled. They're starting to be less propietary about their stuff to cut costs.

Why get rid of OLED?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#70 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

I bought a PSP Go for the one reason that it allowed you to connect a dualshock 3 and use it while playing games. If they just phased out the current models and did a Vita 2000 and it's only revisions were HDMI out and dualshock support I would definitely be tempted, any other improvements would just be bonus.

#71 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm absolutely happy with the Vita. It's a shame people are so broke not to get one, because they're really enjoyable to have. I just wish the Hori Vita grips were still available in the US -- had to import from EU to get mine. The ones available in the US are not as good and some damage/scratch your Vita.

The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#72 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

I'm absolutely happy with the Vita. It's a shame people are so broke not to get one, because they're really enjoyable to have. I just wish the Hori Vita grips were still available in the US -- had to import from EU to get mine. The ones available in the US are not as good and some damage/scratch your Vita.

It's not about being broke.

The "new" price point is way to high combined with the ridiculous memory card prices.  Sony states that the 200-250 price is "perfect" and they wont budge which is stupid because they have horrible sales.  They are not trying to push the system sales which is a dumb decision.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: :vita: Final Fantasy X HD |  :pc: Elder Scrolls Online|

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Captain America: The Winter Soldier :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#73 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

I just fell out of my chair laughing, this is the company that took over 10 years to start allowing it's cameras to use the long standard memory format.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

EldritchOnRye.png

#74 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Well they're seriously shrinking the section, that much is for sure (though all the sections are getting shrunk as we get closer to console launches).  The particular model here was a launch SKU so no surprise they were clearancing it out and I doubt they're going to stop carrying the hardware as long as Sony is producing it.

I think they're actually shrinking the whole videogame section, unfortunately.  One of the people I know who works the videogame section at my local store said that they're actually cutting the already completely shrunken music section down to just one row or aisle and moving the videogame section into the space that's left there after they do that.  No idea what they're going to replace it with in the middle of the store.

#75 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think they're actually shrinking the whole videogame section, unfortunately.  One of the people I know who works the videogame section at my local store said that they're actually cutting the already completely shrunken music section down to just one row or aisle and moving the videogame section into the space that's left there after they do that.  No idea what they're going to replace it with in the middle of the store.

Yeah, that too.  I really don't know what direction they're going but it seems like they're really reaching.  Media is a low margin thing but was always a consistent revenue driver when I was with the company.  When you shrink that what are you going to throw into what's now at least 25% of your floor space that you've removed?  Maybe they're just going to do more of these branded experience shops and provide a branded retail presence for some of these brands that don't want the direct burden of B&M.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#76 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

lol so much misinformation in here. *make it stop!!* Nice find, OP. Seeing how quickly vitas go when at or below 200, makes you wonder what could have been if Sony had just priced the thing reasonably from the jump.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Infamous: SS; Killzone: SF

:3ds: Chrono Trigger; 999

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#77 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

My closest BBY has the 3G model according to the website. I guess I'm going to stop by after work tomorrow.

I need a new signature.

#78 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Okay I'll have to head to my local BB

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#79 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Anyone else snag one?

I need a new signature.

#80 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Once Sony discontinues it I'll buy one for as cheap as I got a Go from one of the stores that clearanced it. I'm more of a console gamer. Not to mention the price is a bit out there. Many people probably look at the price of a Vita and think that for another $50 they could get themselves a PS3 that plays Blu-Rays and does all of the other things it does instead of just a handheld system. That's how I look at it too.

FYI: Radio Shack is also clearancing the Vita. One model is down to $219.97 while the other is down to $249.97 I believe. Some of the games for it are also clearanced there if you can find them. For example: Uncharted Golden Abyss is $17.97 at RS.

#81 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Was at Toysrus and they were having a big Clearence Blast. Alot of Vita stuff on sale but still overpriced.

#82 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

lol so much misinformation in here. *make it stop!!* Nice find, OP. Seeing how quickly vitas go when at or below 200, makes you wonder what could have been if Sony had just priced the thing reasonably from the jump.

What exactly about the current price is unreasonable? A 3DS is $170 new and a Vita is $250 new. So you're at most paying $80 dollars more for the Vita, which is a OBVIOUSLY more powerful and expensive device (OLED screen, far better graphics, better online, capacitive touchscreen, back touchscreen, dual thumbstick, etc). The main reason why the Vita sales are down is almost completely due to memory. People want 32 GB (because of Plus awesomeness) and don't want to pay $100 for a memory card. Beyond that, all the negative press makes people question buying one, since all it does is cast doubt on people. Beyond that, it seems pretty fair to me. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#83 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

What exactly about the current price is unreasonable? A 3DS is $170 new and a Vita is $250 new. So you're at most paying $80 dollars more for the Vita, which is a OBVIOUSLY more powerful and expensive device (OLED screen, far better graphics, better online, capacitive touchscreen, back touchscreen, dual thumbstick, etc). The main reason why the Vita sales are down is almost completely due to memory. People want 32 GB (because of Plus awesomeness) and don't want to pay $100 for a memory card. Beyond that, all the negative press makes people question buying one, since all it does is cast doubt on people. Beyond that, it seems pretty fair to me. 

for me, I would not pay more for a vita than I paid for my ps3 ($200 2012 Black Friday bundle)  my buy price for a  vita is around $150

I personally like the physical game manuals, vita games have digital, so for me, I am not willing to pay as much for them. Although the crossbuy feature is quite nice.  

I purchased a 3ds for around $130 after tax (target red card and sale) and I am happy with the purchase, I do not do much portable gaming, but it is a nice handheld.

With the price point at which I purchased a 3ds, an msrp priced vita is almost DOUBLE the 3ds cost.  The 3ds was worth the cost for me, but by no means an incredible buy.

for me personally the vita is overpriced at msrp, the 3ds is decently priced.

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#84 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

for me, I would not pay more for a vita than I paid for my ps3 ($200 2012 Black Friday bundle)  my buy price for a  vita is around $150

I personally like the physical game manuals, vita games have digital, so for me, I am not willing to pay as much for them. Although the crossbuy feature is quite nice.  

I purchased a 3ds for around $130 after tax (target red card and sale) and I am happy with the purchase, I do not do much portable gaming, but it is a nice handheld.

With the price point at which I purchased a 3ds, an msrp priced vita is almost DOUBLE the 3ds cost.  The 3ds was worth the cost for me, but by no means an incredible buy.

for me personally the vita is overpriced at msrp, the 3ds is decently priced.

comparing any price to a black friday price is kinda silly, but i just sold my vita on ebay for $310, included a 32 gb memory card and a couple games, just couldnt justify having 4 systems (ps3, ps4 and wii u) so i figured id get rid of it before sony did lower the price. also owned a 3ds xl, which is what i traded for the wii u. just not a handheld person and these 2 systems didnt change that for me.

#85 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

great deal for those who find it (which isnt gonna be many). now back to playing muramasa rebirth aka one of the top 5 best vita games !!!!!!!

I agree with you there. I picked up that game at launch, and I've bee having a ton of fun with it. I missed out on it when it came out for the Wii, but I wasn't going to miss out on it for a second time.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#86 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

comparing any price to a black friday price is kinda silly, but i just sold my vita on ebay for $310, included a 32 gb memory card and a couple games, just couldnt justify having 4 systems (ps3, ps4 and wii u) so i figured id get rid of it before sony did lower the price. also owned a 3ds xl, which is what i traded for the wii u. just not a handheld person and these 2 systems didnt change that for me.

the 2012 ps3 black friday bundle was available in my area at $200 until right around and possibly after Christmas

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#87 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

I understand it's a more costly device to manufacture, but that's not the consumer's problem. The OLED and rear touchpad were gratuitous design additions. I definitely agree the vita is one sweet piece of kit, but is there clearly was no demand for such a device...especially at that ridiculous asking price. People are only concerned with its utility, and as it stands, a comparable device does essentially the same thing for considerably less (not to mention the larger library of games). I'm also factoring in the prohibitive memory costs. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Infamous: SS; Killzone: SF

:3ds: Chrono Trigger; 999

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#88 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

There are not enough A+ games for it.   Until Sony throws their significant studios at it, it will always be 2nd tier.  

That being said, I love my Vita...

#89 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

1. I assume only few were actually able to replicate this deal

2. I see the HK versions (not knock offs) of Vita memory cards are considerably cheaper, I think the cards are region free, anyone have any experience with those? I'm planning on getting a 32GB, which comes down to (perhaps even lower than) 47 USD.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#90 ezgoer24

ezgoer24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

I understand it's a more costly device to manufacture, but that's not the consumer's problem. The OLED and rear touchpad were gratuitous design additions. I definitely agree the vita is one sweet piece of kit, but is there clearly was no demand for such a device...especially at that ridiculous asking price. People are only concerned with its utility, and as it stands, a comparable device does essentially the same thing for considerably less (not to mention the larger library of games). I'm also factoring in the prohibitive memory costs. 

There was no demand for 3D on a handheld but Nintendo decided to focus on that instead of providing a screen with a good resolution.  At one point 3DS was $250 and you can't get more ridiculous than that, but they eventually wised up and dropped the price.  Sony will too but I think its much harder to drop the price given the cost of the components.  I think if Sony was the same company they were back in the PS2 era they would have dropped it by now, but financially the company hasn't been doing well so I doubt they will take losses on hardware anymore.