Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

So is this the sku?  2095647

Posted Image

#92 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

There was no demand for 3D on a handheld but Nintendo decided to focus on that instead of providing a screen with a good resolution.  At one point 3DS was $250 and you can't get more ridiculous than that, but they eventually wised up and dropped the price.  Sony will too but I think its much harder to drop the price given the cost of the components.  I think if Sony was the same company they were back in the PS2 era they would have dropped it by now, but financially the company hasn't been doing well so I doubt they will take losses on hardware anymore.

Games sell the system. I have both the vita and 3ds. 3DS has many quality games for it, rehashes but still quality games. You can have quality games without greate hardware. 3DS still has the DS library going for it that are easy and cheap to get. Vita has plus, but those are temporary and require expensive memory cards.  The DS and 3DS games can be sold off when they are done with. Old games that are bought digital on the Vita cannot be sold off.

#93 Kekthar

Kekthar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

I love my Vita for the price of $180 (Black Friday AC white vita and 4GB card), but I don't really blame anyone for holding out at $250 plus the ridiculous memory prices.  The sad thing is that it is a really cool piece of tech and has a lot of potential, but I bought it for one game, Persona 4 Golden, and did not touch it til Muramasa came out and to grab Dokuro on PS+ today.  

I do think they'll cut the price to $200 (WiFi) this holiday or next year, but with the amount of people holding out to buy memory, I'm not sure we'll ever see a 32gb card for less than $70 now that a few games like Dragon's Crown and Teraway are hitting this year.  These titles will not move a lot of systems, but if the demand is enough for them to have held out this long on system prices, I can't imagine they'll drop the proprietary memory card values if demand is even slightly going to increase with a few games plus rumored PS4 integration.  I definitely regret not biting on the one sale I saw on a 32GB for around $54, which I believe was earlier this year.  The recent $75 sale still seemed way too expensive.

Anyways, nice find OP.

#94 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

I love my Vita for the price of $180 (Black Friday AC white vita and 4GB card), but I don't really blame anyone for holding out at $250 plus the ridiculous memory prices.  The sad thing is that it is a really cool piece of tech and has a lot of potential, but I bought it for one game, Persona 4 Golden, and did not touch it til Muramasa came out and to grab Dokuro on PS+ today.  

I do think they'll cut the price to $200 (WiFi) this holiday or next year, but with the amount of people holding out to buy memory, I'm not sure we'll ever see a 32gb card for less than $70 now that a few games like Dragon's Crown and Teraway are hitting this year.  These titles will not move a lot of systems, but if the demand is enough for them to have held out this long on system prices, I can't imagine they'll drop the proprietary memory card values if demand is even slightly going to increase with a few games plus rumored PS4 integration.  I definitely regret not biting on the one sale I saw on a 32GB for around $54, which I believe was earlier this year.  The recent $75 sale still seemed way too expensive.

Anyways, nice find OP.

DC is only like a gig, so it's not like it will really prompt people to upgrade to a higher memory size. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#95 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

I understand it's a more costly device to manufacture, but that's not the consumer's problem. The OLED and rear touchpad were gratuitous design additions. I definitely agree the vita is one sweet piece of kit, but is there clearly was no demand for such a device...especially at that ridiculous asking price. People are only concerned with its utility, and as it stands, a comparable device does essentially the same thing for considerably less (not to mention the larger library of games). I'm also factoring in the prohibitive memory costs. 

The rear touchpad maybe, but calling the OLED gratuitous is a bit much.  If I didn't already have a Vita, I would be trying to hunt this deal down like nobody's business. The only crappy thing about the Vita IMO is the outrageous memory card prices. If Sony just solved that then it would be such a better value. 

Visit my website: Gaijin Densetsu!
Posted Image

#96 guidecenter

guidecenter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

sure is alot of bitching on this thread , i just want to add that this is chicago only , only at this one store , and i got there the next day after post at 1048 AM and literally bought the last one , edging out another guy who was looking for it ather than trying to find a sales guy , i got the lady in DI cameras and hooked the last one

viva la robo-lusion ! 

#97 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

I see the HK versions (not knock offs) of Vita memory cards are considerably cheaper, I think the cards are region free, anyone have any experience with those? I'm planning on getting a 32GB, which comes down to (perhaps even lower than) 47 USD.

Bumping this question.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#98 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

sure is alot of bitching on this thread , i just want to add that this is chicago only , only at this one store , and i got there the next day after post at 1048 AM and literally bought the last one , edging out another guy who was looking for it ather than trying to find a sales guy , i got the lady in DI cameras and hooked the last one

viva la robo-lusion ! 

OP posted a pic of the signage from that store another store can pm it. It's YMMV for sure but if your willing to get a warranty some stores can be flexible to get the sale. I've done this with CE's that were $100-$150 MSRP but already $35-$50 at other stores outta state.

Had Sony been smarter they could've taken over with the vita all they had to do was treat it like a cellphone. Offer a $100 down $15-$30 per month options w/32 GB mem card & 1 yr PS+. At $100 on launch alot of people would've jumped on the newest thing with the cheapest price point. Along with the AC:L & COD BO bundles Sony would've seen nice sales upfront. With the larger install base more companies would've made more games which would move more systems. The only thing missing at that point would be Sony paying for some true system selling exclusives like GTA & Monster Hunter. Offer bundles like the AC:L & there's the key to success going forward, the PS4 would also gain traction by working with the vita too. 

They can still get on track if they could bundle the PS3/vita for $300-$350 w/32GB mem, games & PS+. 

#99 Necremis

Necremis

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'd say a price cut gets people in the door to snag new users.  Once you have a vita you want more and more.

sml_gallery_350177_8317_52736.jpg

#100 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

OP posted a pic of the signage from that store another store can pm it. It's YMMV for sure but if your willing to get a warranty some stores can be flexible to get the sale. I've done this with CE's that were $100-$150 MSRP but already $35-$50 at other stores outta state.

Had Sony been smarter they could've taken over with the vita all they had to do was treat it like a cellphone. Offer a $100 down $15-$30 per month options w/32 GB mem card & 1 yr PS+. At $100 on launch alot of people would've jumped on the newest thing with the cheapest price point. Along with the AC:L & COD BO bundles Sony would've seen nice sales upfront. With the larger install base more companies would've made more games which would move more systems. The only thing missing at that point would be Sony paying for some true system selling exclusives like GTA & Monster Hunter. Offer bundles like the AC:L & there's the key to success going forward, the PS4 would also gain traction by working with the vita too. 

They can still get on track if they could bundle the PS3/vita for $300-$350 w/32GB mem, games & PS+. 

There are VERY few people looking to buy the premium of premiums for a console with absolutely no history. You're talking about a $400 dollar bundle, which doesn't even factor in what extra Sony will make by going this route, but going off M$ we can say $40 just for the heck of it. So while you would be getting the system for $100 + $15 a month, this bundle is a real F U to the people without wifi, since a 32 gb card and PS Plus is worthless to them. Anyway, a lot of people dislike these bundles because it "locks" them into a contract and going off how many people want to unload their system (they're currently averaging $160 for the system alone, so they're willing to take a $90 dollar hit...), I would say a lot of people would be irked they can't break out of their contract (because of penalty fees). 

As far as system sellers go, please don't you or anyone act like 1 game changes a system. One of the things I hate most about some sites is that they act like if Sony spent the money to get an exclusive this or that, the system would be flying off the shelfs. The fact is, even if they DO pay for those exclusives, it could just be another Resistance Burning Skies or Black Ops Declassified. So far Sony has done good and the system has several notable titles, it's just that people don't want to buy it. Simple as that. Why don't they want it? I don't know. Could be saving money for the PS4, waiting to see if it fares better than the PSP, fear from the doom / gloom Vita is death articles sites love to post, idiots posting the "best" Vita games and including trash like Hotline Miami (Not that it's a bad game, but if that's among the best your system has, I don't want it), people waiting for memory prices to go down (most likely this one) and of course, the fact Sony has done little to no marketing for it. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#101 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Every day I call that store and they have gotten no more in. It's very disheartening.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#102 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Guys, you have a picture of the sign. Target always matches for me with a pic of the sign. I'm going to try right now.

#103 lunasicc

lunasicc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

Let me know how it goes with the Target price matching. I've never heard of Target doing that but I'm willing to try it if you are able to.

#104 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Target just matched the $150 price. I just used the picture in this thread and saved it to my phone.

de354b7f-3649-42fa-8b30-e8653b7d008e_zps

#105 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Target just matched the $150 price. I just used the picture in this thread and saved it to my phone.

de354b7f-3649-42fa-8b30-e8653b7d008e_zps

OMG u must be super lucky for them to price match....Might actually hit up Target to see if I can also get a price match hopefully...

#106 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

I don't have a smartphone so a print out would probably get me no where.

I need a new signature.

#107 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

That's some hardcore YMMV at Target.

They use their ipad to check prices at BB...Since BestBuy doesnt have them at 150 on their site it's 99% going to get turned down.

Edit: Did you just show them the picture and they price matched it?  Did they check it on their iPad?

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#108 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

They use their ipad to check prices at BB...Since BestBuy doesnt have them at 150 on their site it's 99% going to get turned down.

Edit: Did you just show them the picture and they price matched it?  Did they check it on their iPad?

This. Last time I showed them a picture the guy almost laughed at me.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#109 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Went to Culver City BB this afternoon (I was walking buy so figured why not). Obviously, no luck. Interesting to note they had no 3G models at all, nor a spot for them in their tiny Vita section. They actually had 2 shelf stickers for the Wifi-only model, which leads me to believe they removed the 3Gs.

I definitely would have picked one up, but I'm not motivated to try all this YMMV price-matching. Congrats to those who found a way to get a $150 Vita, though!

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#110 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

They just looked at the picture and price matched it. Then the guy said he was going to get one for himself, and pulled one off the shelf. Its very ymmv though, I've price matched with pictures many times with him. I've always made sure I went to him since the first time he did it.

#111 Paleselan

Paleselan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

I went to BB, Target, and Walmart. Nonte of them price matched :(

#112 cody215

cody215

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Went to Culver City BB this afternoon (I was walking buy so figured why not). Obviously, no luck. Interesting to note they had no 3G models at all, nor a spot for them in their tiny Vita section. They actually had 2 shelf stickers for the Wifi-only model, which leads me to believe they removed the 3Gs.

I definitely would have picked one up, but I'm not motivated to try all this YMMV price-matching. Congrats to those who found a way to get a $150 Vita, though!

South Elgin IL BB had the same thing. No Vitas on the floor only a price for the wifi sticker. went to customer service to see what the price was and it was 299 after she went to the backroom...

#113 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Does Walmart still price match without add? Maybe this would work there...
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#114 cody215

cody215

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

Does Walmart still price match without add? Maybe this would work there...

i just called 2 seperate stores. one sayed they would price match if they called bestbuy and BB confirmed the price. Other said they need a  physical ad...

#115 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

I went to BB, Target, and Walmart. Nonte of them price matched :(

These deals I wouldn't even want to waste the time and gas money to attempt to PM, possibility of success is near zero.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#116 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

I know most gaming departments are getting a overhaul for the up coming holiday. They are just purging the 3G ones. 

The vita's are not going anywhere. Yes, a lot of accessories are going clearance since they are streamlining it.

This is what they are doing to my store currently and others are slowly following suit. I mean i can't be 90% sure but thats what i am hearing from the people in gaming department ( i work in the computers). 

501272.png

#117 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

They really should have launched the Vita for $200 with 16GB built in memory and maybe an option to expand to 64GB with micro SD. Also, it's still really lacking in games even though the hardware is much better than the 3DS. You can't compete with console ports. If they had spent less time trying to prevent modding and more time making games and courting developers, things could have turned out differently.

#118 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Both Sony and Nintendo are re-learning that launch success depends on install base. Make the system cheap enough, people will buy it. When lots of people own it, devs will make more/better games for it. Everyone wins.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#119 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

They just looked at the picture and price matched it. Then the guy said he was going to get one for himself, and pulled one off the shelf. Its very ymmv though, I've price matched with pictures many times with him. I've always made sure I went to him since the first time he did it.

You're gonna get the poor kid fired lol

The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#120 guitar1god

guitar1god

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

You're gonna get the poor kid fired lol

If that person was willing to do it for himself after he did it for him he deserves to be fired.

"You Gotta Shaaaaaare! You Gotta Caaaare!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie duxyM