GetGamesGo - PC download sale on Borderlands 2 ($7.49) [75% off] & XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($9.19) [77% off] + DLC's [50% off each]

MysterD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
176 (100%)
GetGamesGo.com - PC Games Download Site.

2K Games - PC Games Download Sale:

NOTE: ALL of these 2K games listed below do indeed require STEAM.

Borderlands 2 (base game) = $7.49 (75% off)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (base game) = $9.19 (77% off)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Content Pack DLC = $3.49 (50% off)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack DLC = $2.49 (50% off)

EDIT:

Square Enix - PC Games Download sale:

Deus Ex 1: GOTY Edition = $2.37 (66% off) [if there is any DRM, it's not listed]

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War = $2.35 (66% off) [if there is any DRM, it's not listed]

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Regular Edition -> req. Steam = $4.99 (75% off)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition -> req. Steam = $9.99 (75% off)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC -> req. Steam = $2.37 (66% off)

Dungeon Siege III [base game] -> req. Steam = $3.74 (75% off)

Hitman: Blood Money -> this version req. Steam = $2.24 (75% off)

Hitman: Absolution - Regular Edition -> req. Steam = $6.24 (75% off)

Hitman: Absolution - Professional Edition -> req. Steam = $7.49 (75% off)

Infernal -> $2.49 (75% off) [if there is any DRM, it's not listed]

Just Cause 2 -> req, Steam = $3.74 (75% off)

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days -> req. Steam = $2.49 (75% off)

Quantum Conundrum -> req. Steam = $3.39 (66% off)

Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light -> req. Steam = $2.49 (75% off)

Tomb Raider: Underworld -> this version req. Steam = $2.24 (75% off)

Tomb Raider (2013) - Regular Edition -> req. Steam = $12.49 (75% off)

Tomb Raider (2013) - Survival Edition -> req. Steam = $14.49 (75% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty sweet price on BL2, I grabbed it off GMG 2 weeks ago or I'd jump on it.

Nice post op!

Edit: tomb raider is on sale too!

MysterD you just finished Tomb Raider - post your thoughts!
Depends on what you want out of a TR game. Some people are going to have certain expectations that they must see in a TR game (lots of platforming, good deal of puzzles; & combat here and there) - and won't be happy the direction this game took. Others are going to go into TR 2013 (hopefully) w/ an open-mind and give it a chance - b/c it really is something else & really something to behold.

Given that this (TR 2013) is a total reboot, I took this game as just that - totally trying to redefine itself and reboot itself. The question is - does one feel it succeeds as a reboot? And personally, I thought it was awesome. I should note - I've played some of the Crystal Dynamics' TR games (TR: Anniversary + Underworld), but never finished any - well, until TR 2013.

This TR 2013 game is actually combat-heavy. Actually, even more so than ever I expected. Combat is TONS better than it has ever in a TR game - you actually can literally aim & shoot here. Combat is great - and feels like many other shooters that you can think of. B/c I am nowhere as good w/ a KB/mouse for platforming, I switch to KB/mouse for combat. Much easier to get head-shots for me w/ KB and mouse - and especially you get Extra XP for head-shots. And also - for platforming sections, I found myself switching back to controller on-the-fly - usually during cut-scenes or when things got to a stand-still point to give me that moment to switch. I just platform better w/ a gamepad - I just find myself more agile and much quicker.

Puzzles are often nowhere as hard as some previous TR's (like say TR: Underworld and TR: Anniversary). Usually, these are more commonly found in the side quests - i.e. Tomb Missions, which are mostly puzzle missions and platforming missions mixed together.

Thr game has QTE (Quick-Time Events) galore in the opening few hours (first 3 hours), but these don't happen nearly as much, once the game gets going (thankfully). Sure, they do happen here and there - but the game really does open up quite a bit.

As you reach more campfires to upgrade Lara's skills and her equipment, you can often b/t certain Campfires just Quick-Travel from area-to-area. This is very useful, if you want to check your map to go back to areas, so you can do the Side Quests - find any of the Collect-A-Thon's or Tombs that you missed. Killing enemies and doing side quests will net you more XP to spend at Campfires.

The graphics are drop-dead gorgeous - truly, this game is absolutely beautiful to look at. On my PC (i7 950 @ 3 Ghz; 1 GB of GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of RAM; Win 7 64-bit), this game ran very nicely - usually in the 40-50 frames per second ballpark. It wasn't until some of the later areas, I had pretty much most of the stuff on or pumped-up (Tesselations, Post-Processions, High Settings to Ultra on some things, etc). Then, I had to turn it down a bit, so it would stop dropping my frames down to single-digits. In the more open-areas and when turns were happening on-screen (lots of enemies; and lots of intense explosions and special effects), the framerates suddenly got slaughtered b/c so much was happening on screen. Dropping most stuff to Normal & turning off SSAO solved this completely - and brought it back to that happy 40-50 frames per second.

Story is still good, even despite itself & its (minor) problems...

Some of the story itself feels kind of predictable, at times. You know the whole surviving on an island on many other games, movies, etc; and must find ancient civilization that you'd normally find in a Indiana Jones movie or TR game.

Worst of all: Lara's character feels rushed, in transforming her into a girl who seems naive, weak and trying to survive that gets beat around quite brutally early on -- yet, she remains tough and tries to gut it out, despite everything. Then, not too long later, she starts dropping all kinds of bodies and mobs of enemies like they're flies - which is why this feels rushed. And this is all in the first 3 hours of game-play!

The thing is - most games likely wouldn't even try to go for the transformation. You start the game, your character's normally a body-dropper. TR 2013 gets point for even trying to do the difficult thing of taking a very weak character and transforming her into a full-blown heroine.

Took me around 23 hours, to get through the game and 78% completion. And once you finished, you can hit "Continue" and then jump back in and do whatever you missed.

All of my complaints, of course, are absolutely minor. The game itself is fantastic and the graphics are drop-dead gorgeous. In Nixxes, I trust for PC versions.

IMHO - highly recommend TR 2013.

Since these games are steam, if I buy one that works on linux, windows, and mac on steam, does this mean that the copy from getgames will also work on these platforms? or will the game be locked only to windows in some way? probably a stupid question, I realize, but I would really like to know.

Since these games are steam, if I buy one that works on linux, windows, and mac on steam, does this mean that the copy from getgames will also work on these platforms? or will the game be locked only to windows in some way? probably a stupid question, I realize, but I would really like to know.
For games that require Steam - all you do is register the key from your GetGamesGo account over into your Steam account.

To learn how to register a game-key on Steam - looks here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

As for Steam-versions of games supporting multiple OS's - you'll also want to check to see if the Steam-version supports other OS's.

You'll want to look on the game's store page over on Steam.

You'll normally see a "SteamPlay" icon, if so - if a Steam-version of a game supports Windows + who knows what other OS's.

Look here for more info on "SteamPlay":

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308.

bread's done
Back