Big Wii U Sales Mostly Under $19.99 at Amazon

Samurai_X-51

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A lot of Wii U games on sale at Amazon, including ones I can definitely vouch for as worth it:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II ($19.99)
  • ZombiU ($23.99)
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted ($18.40...great deal)
  • Mass Effect 3 ($17.62 and says 9 left)
  • Assassin's Creed III ($19.57)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ($19.99)
  • Just Dance 4 ($19.99)
  • Nintendo Land ($17.99, with a third party at $10.95+$3.99 shipping)
  • FIFA 13 ($16.99)
  • Madden 13 ($17.25)
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed ($25.99)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited ($29.99)
  • Funky Barn ($29.9—just kidding...no one wants Funky Barn)
  • Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition ($25.90)

Both Madden 13 and FIFA 13 are under $20 for the first time I can remember. Definitely a good time to beef up the Wii U library. Had been waiting in the weeds on some of these. 

Here's a Wii U games search page isolated between $10 and $35, sorted from low to high:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_5?bbn=4924901011&sort=price&qid=1374880028&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A%2111846801%2Cn%3A3075112011%2Cn%3A4924901011&rnid=386453011&low-price=10&high-price=35&x=10&y=11

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I already own all of these games, however, except Just Dance of course. Wii U has great value right now with a lot of game prices being slashed. Great opportunity for new Wii U owners or people who are planning to buy a Wii U, to stock up on games for cheap. I mean, $200 will get you 8 great games for the system, brand new. Can't beat that! Granted, the majority of 1st party titles, especially the ones coming this fall, will maintain their price for years to come. But the 1st party titles are worth every penny and then some, so no complaints here.

Great list and thanks for the link.  I would add that Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed for $25.99 shipped might the best deal of them all, even if you're just in it for the single-player modes.

I own the games out of this sale that I want... but I would like to add that this is such an underrated system. I bought a 320$ bundle of the deluxe edition w/ 4 games (Monster Hunter, Blops 2, Mario U, & Nintendo Land) about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love the system. Obviously the ability to play games on the gamepad is a plus, but I just flat out enjoy the videogames. I also need to echo the sentiment that Sonic Racing on this system is absolutely insanely good. I just think most people don't wanna give this system a chance because of the way it is perceived online and I can understand that.

A lot of the multiplatform games that have been brought to the Wii U also have all of their DLC and extra modes added which is awesome.

Great list and thanks for the link. I would add that Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed for $25.99 shipped might the best deal of them all, even if you're just in it for the single-player modes.
Good point. Edited the OP to add this. I don't have this but enjoyed the demo. Played it more than any other demo I've ever downloaded, I think. Thanks!

NfS:MW, wasn't the Wii U version said to be the one to get?  I could swear I read somewhere that the graphics and framerate were slightly better on it than the PS3 and 360.

It looks like most of these are third parties and fulfilled by Amazon..has anyone had any issues with these before?

It looks like most of these are third parties and fulfilled by Amazon..has anyone had any issues with these before?
Always been fine for me, and I think they're returnable in the same way as other stuff (free, can even just throw at a clerk at UPS Store and you get refund same day), but I'd double-check specific feedback for any third-party seller.

Sonic Racing is actually still 18 at Gamefly used but the disc I received didn't work (but it had 0 scratches) they refunded me and I ordered another copy.

I'm so tempted to pick up ME 3 on the Wii U! It's about time I start my 6th playthrough :p I figure the second screen will add a little extra fun too!

NfS:MW, wasn't the Wii U version said to be the one to get? I could swear I read somewhere that the graphics and framerate were slightly better on it than the PS3 and 360.
The graphics are great but the lack of analog triggers makes driving impossible. Apparently you can map the gas to the right analog stick but I didnt find out til I sold it

scribblenauts U is $30, $20 for 3DS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0H0K8/sr=1-17/qid=1374891855/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1374891855&seller=&sr=1-17

I own the games out of this sale that I want... but I would like to add that this is such an underrated system. I bought a 320$ bundle of the deluxe edition w/ 4 games (Monster Hunter, Blops 2, Mario U, & Nintendo Land) about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love the system. Obviously the ability to play games on the gamepad is a plus, but I just flat out enjoy the videogames. I also need to echo the sentiment that Sonic Racing on this system is absolutely insanely good. I just think most people don't wanna give this system a chance because of the way it is perceived online and I can understand that.

A lot of the multiplatform games that have been brought to the Wii U also have all of their DLC and extra modes added which is awesome.
Yeah I second that. I love the Wii U too. It's a nice little device alongside my PS3/PS4. But I don't use it very much compared to my PS3 or even my Vita. In fact, i'd take a vita over a wiiu if I could only have one because i'd use it more. The wii u is a great sidepiece if you have extra money to burn, but i wouldnt use it as a main platform. I'm glad it won't be getting more 3rd party support come next gen because i'm buying those games on a platform with trophy support anyways.

Nintendo just needs to hit it hard with the 1st party games for cores. They've done all they can do to attract the families until they can price cut it. They need to attract gamers with exclusive content. I'd actually like to see a breakdown of the age of consumers who bought the WiiU. But really i'd say they need to start making more games that appeal to the 20s-30s. Anyone who is old enough to have a job and gaming as a hobby.

They'll be fine once they get DKC, Smashbros, Mariokart, and 3d Mario shipped. It's gonna come down to how well they can make core titles for "everyone". Pokemon openworld mmo would sell a ton of WiiUs. I just hope they don't double down on the failed strategy of more lackluster pre-teen games and shovelware. Their huge catalogue of 3rd party re-releases didnt do anything for them. They live and die by their 1st party games. They need to bring back more players who were playing the NES back in the 80s or snes in the 90s. A good mix of nostalgic games and new experiences is needed.

I mean really you look at how they're releasing games for the 3ds compared to the WiiU. The 3ds library is killing the WiiU library in terms of the quality of the 1st party games.They simply took the media center strategy over games approach and it didn't work. At least they're moving in the right direction now.

Good thing I noticed this topic since I ordered Need for Speed yesterday for $22.  So I quickly canceled that order and got it for $18 instead! Thanks OP! :)  

I'm glad for these Wii U games on sale, makes me slowly build up my collection of games for it.  Despite my Wii U not having as much play time as my other consoles, after getting these new games, I'm sure that will quickly change.

I understand people's concerns about Wii U, but I'm sure that it will improve.  Hopefully with these games on sale, and the release of Pikmin 3 and the other software, things will turn around for the best.

I'm waiting for Tekken to hit $10 (used is ok), but would probably be better off getting it on PS3 with what I would guess is a bigger online community.

DAMN....I have every game on this list that I want including Darksiders 2 which isn't on this list and of course the first party Nintendo games. The only game I want and they don't have a discount here is Monster Hunter Ultimate 3, but I am not willing to spend near MSRP for this as they already have MH4 coming out soon in Japan.

Anything that is FBA is serviced by Amazon CS and returned to Amazon fulfillment centers. You can never go wrong with FBA (its almost as good as direct from Amazon.)

Thanks OP. I grabbed ZombiU, as this is easily the cheapest I've ever seen that game brand new. I can't believe it took this many months for ZombiU to get to this price range, but I finally will have that coveted next Wii U game. 

Thanks again OP!

ZombiU is also sold by a third party. Has anyone tried to price match it at best buy then use the $20 off @gamer coupon?

In my experience is YMMV on the price matching a FBA item. If they don't notice it you'll be okay but if they do they create a fuss and won't do it.
But if they price match amazon without an issue, will they also be ok with using the coupon?

It's nice to just see a deals thread without any trolling. Nice to see the system turn that corner as it were.

It's nice to just see a deals thread without any trolling. Nice to see the system turn that corner as it were.
oNr4CXz.jpg

tdXgZQS.jpg

Which of these are third-party prices and which are Amazon? Madden and FIFA are actually around $25, so I'm guessing they're all or mostly third-party prices?

But if they price match amazon without an issue, will they also be ok with using the coupon?
It's YMMV because it is technically double dipping. At my store, they either give me the pm or let me use the coupon, but not both. Though I have gotten stores in other cities to let me do both, so it could be worth a try.

This my friends, is why you never buy digital.  No one is buying these because the attach rate is poor, because no achievements.  Stupid Nintendo.

Is Tekken Tag 2 worth it at $20? My local Target has one copy left, but I think I better buy it before their system sale with the $50 gift card on the 4th.

Just curious how long does a playthrough Of ME3 take?
If you do everything, I'd say 25-35 hours. I bet you could power it out in 18-20 though. Plus the multiplayer is actually quite good & has a pretty strong following. That could add an indefinite amount of hours...

Blops 2 is a lot more fun on the Wii U to me because there's no people screaming and cursing in my ear or over my speaker, there's no hacking.. it feels purely competitive, which is how it should be.

I would jump on NFS: MW, but I have it on the 360, so I can wait for it to come down a little lower. Such a great game.

These prices all seem a bit high to me, though. I guess the Blockbuster sale spoiled me.

So I went to bestbuy to price match NFS, well they didnt have it. So I went to Target and they were co pletely shocked about the $18 price. The girl was scared to put it through so she got a higher up to do it under there name.

So I got that, went back to Best Buy and got AC3 for $20!

I don't even have a Wii U yet and I picked up ZombiU to join my free copy of Tank! Tank! Tank! Already have most of the others on PS3 or I'd be building a respectable collection right now.

Do not buy madden 13 on the wii u no matter how cheap it is. It looks awful compared to the ps3/360 version and has really bad framerate problems at the line of scrimmage. Plays terrible although the gamepad options are really great. Just a shame they were tied to a half assed port of madden 12.

I played and beat BLOPS II on the WIi U.  I'm typically not a big CoD fan but the whole DLC thing did really bug the ever living hell out of me.  I eventually bought the game on PS3 because of the DLC as I really got into zombies during my summer semester (basically do one game of zombies, go back to studying/writing papers).  I liked going downstairs as my kitchen is directly under my room.  Cooking food in the oven and playing zombies on the Wii U gamepad... it's pretty awesome I must admit.

For those wondering about Multiplayer on BLOPS II via the Wii U, it's nearly dead.  You will only have a game in team deathmatch and almost nobody in anything else.  Thankfully, a handful of people are still playing zombies but tranzit and the other two maps can only keep people busy for so long. =(

I sold my PS3 copy of Most Wanted for $16 in an hour, and grabbed the Wii U version (supposedly it's the "better" version and it has the DLC) with most of my Amazon credit.   ;)

bread's done
Back