Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

$20 Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (best buy)

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#1 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218582222600

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

That and the other deals are here:

http://www.cheapassg...ject-x-zone-30/

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#3 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

That is really tempting

Guardian_owl.png

#4 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

Yay, I bought this from Walmart 2 days ago since it was $30 & was same price on Amazon (I have to pay tax on both). I waited just to see if there would be any deals before opening the game. I kid you not, I opened it 5 minutes ago (as I searched this page an hour ago, or so, and figured I had searched thoroughly enough over 2 days), and it is now installing (that's how recently I wrestled with the decision). :evil: WHY??? I have such terrible luck lately. I know it's only $10, but it's not retail (and I hate paying retail when I have a freakin' backlog). GRRRR! I just wanted to vent about my bad decisions....

#5 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yay, I bought this from Walmart 2 days ago since it was $30 & was same price on Amazon (I have to pay tax on both). I waited just to see if there would be any deals before opening the game. I kid you not, I opened it 5 minutes ago (as I searched this page an hour ago, or so, and figured I had searched thoroughly enough over 2 days), and it is now installing (that's how recently I wrestled with the decision). :evil: WHY??? I have such terrible luck lately. I know it's only $10, but it's not retail (and I hate paying retail when I have a freakin' backlog). GRRRR! I just wanted to vent about my bad decisions....

Buy it from BBY and return it sealed to Walmart?

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#6 butternuts

butternuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

I know that feel. I did almost the exact same thing except I bought my copy from best buy. Does best buy price match if it is within a certain amount of time that you bought it?

#7 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

Bought this at GS for 30, but got the guide with it and the guide stacked all 3 promos. (First the 10% off, then 50%, then another 20%) paid a little bit more over what I would have paid, so I am fine with that.

xivpads.png

#8 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I know that feel. I did almost the exact same thing except I bought my copy from best buy. Does best buy price match if it is within a certain amount of time that you bought it?

15 days.

xivpads.png

#9 Jardarpp

Jardarpp

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Buy it from BBY and return it sealed to Walmart?

That's what I was going to say! I've chosen to do that once or twice. No harm, no foul.

Jardarpp.png

#10 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Bought, thanks OP.

#11 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

you save a few bucks if you get it used copy

#12 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

you save a few bucks if you get it used copy

I'd rather pay the extra $2 in this case and support the devs.

Was gonna order for in-store but it says ship to store, even thought they had a couple yesterday.

I'll go to Walmart tomorrow and PM from my phone.

#13 Borma420

Borma420

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

If RPG's are your thing, this game is well worth the original $60 price tag. It brought back many good memories from previous RPG's I have played over my life. Paid $30 myself when it went down in price, put well over 125+ hours into it.

#14 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Submitted price to Amazon.

sixteenvolt420.png

#15 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

This game doesn't require online pass right?

#16 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for this.  Finally pulled the trigger.  It's not that the game's bad or anything... I just have so little time for games now a days.  But at $20, i'd buy it just to have. :)

#17 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Everyone send Amazon price match requests!!!

We only have until July 31 to use our $20 video game promotional credit from the $20 for $20 trade in promotion earlier this year!

FYI God of War Ascension SKU: 5272444 is $19.99 @ Best Buy so please add that to the OP

http://www.bestbuy.c...nsion&lp=2&cp=1

#18 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

This game doesn't require online pass right?

Correct.

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Which one to get? How was the GOW single player?

#20 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm 50/50 on Ni No Kuni. I rarely buy games above $10-$15. But good JRPGS rarely drop below the $20 mark.

#21 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

FYI God of War Ascension SKU: 5272444 is $19.99 @ Best Buy so please add that to the OP

Or just read/post in the existing thread for this sale instead of duplicating it:

http://www.cheapassg...d-15-nfl-13-15/

#22 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Thanks OP, just ordered a copy. I've been waiting for this game to hit $19.99. With tax I paid $21.19 even with my huge backlog of games I just had to have this one since I'm such a big fan of the studio behind this game.

#23 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm 50/50 on Ni No Kuni. I rarely buy games above $10-$15. But good JRPGS rarely drop below the $20 mark.

This is for sure a good JRPG.  I haven't played one this good in a long time.  One of the few on the PS3 that i felt matches the quality, story, music, etc. of the great ones you might have played on PS1 or PS2.  The story is a little more on the "light" side as far as the characters but don't let that detract you.  I was very surprised how well it was written.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#24 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

It just sell out for anyone else? Was just checking out too... *sigh*

Edit:  Wish it had just told me I could still pick it up.  Remade the order, should have it in hand today.  Yay!

#25 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

SOLD!  Been waiting for this price mark, thanks TC!

TopsideKracker.png

#26 Valkerion

Valkerion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Bah just pre-ordered Dragon's Crown and the last $20 was supposed to be the start of me saving for my 3DS lol... 

screw it, im buying it. Anyone know how long this sale is going for? I assume they say just the weekend or in usual BB fashion the whole week actually. 

#27 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

In for one new and one used (used for me to finish what I started before I traded it off and new for a stocking stuffer in late December).

#28 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Submitted price to Amazon.

Me too. Crossing fingers.

#29 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Already OoS for shipping, none of my local stores have it for ISPU either. That fucking blows, been waiting for a $20 for a long time. Hope Amazon PMs or BB gets restocked near my local stores. Weak. What a fucking bummer.

#30 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Already OoS for shipping, none of my local stores have it for ISPU either. That fucking blows, been waiting for a $20 for a long time. Hope Amazon PMs or BB gets restocked near my local stores. Weak. What a fucking bummer.

Have someone like Walmart or Target price match it. That's what I'm going to do