$20 Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (best buy)

Yay, I bought this from Walmart 2 days ago since it was $30 & was same price on Amazon (I have to pay tax on both). I waited just to see if there would be any deals before opening the game. I kid you not, I opened it 5 minutes ago (as I searched this page an hour ago, or so, and figured I had searched thoroughly enough over 2 days), and it is now installing (that's how recently I wrestled with the decision). :evil: WHY??? I have such terrible luck lately. I know it's only $10, but it's not retail (and I hate paying retail when I have a freakin' backlog). GRRRR! I just wanted to vent about my bad decisions....

Yay, I bought this from Walmart 2 days ago since it was $30 & was same price on Amazon (I have to pay tax on both). I waited just to see if there would be any deals before opening the game. I kid you not, I opened it 5 minutes ago (as I searched this page an hour ago, or so, and figured I had searched thoroughly enough over 2 days), and it is now installing (that's how recently I wrestled with the decision). :evil: WHY??? I have such terrible luck lately. I know it's only $10, but it's not retail (and I hate paying retail when I have a freakin' backlog). GRRRR! I just wanted to vent about my bad decisions....
Buy it from BBY and return it sealed to Walmart?

I know that feel. I did almost the exact same thing except I bought my copy from best buy. Does best buy price match if it is within a certain amount of time that you bought it?

Bought this at GS for 30, but got the guide with it and the guide stacked all 3 promos. (First the 10% off, then 50%, then another 20%) paid a little bit more over what I would have paid, so I am fine with that.

you save a few bucks if you get it used copy
I'd rather pay the extra $2 in this case and support the devs.

Was gonna order for in-store but it says ship to store, even thought they had a couple yesterday.

I'll go to Walmart tomorrow and PM from my phone.

If RPG's are your thing, this game is well worth the original $60 price tag. It brought back many good memories from previous RPG's I have played over my life. Paid $30 myself when it went down in price, put well over 125+ hours into it.

Thanks for this.  Finally pulled the trigger.  It's not that the game's bad or anything... I just have so little time for games now a days.  But at $20, i'd buy it just to have. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 50/50 on Ni No Kuni. I rarely buy games above $10-$15. But good JRPGS rarely drop below the $20 mark.

Thanks OP, just ordered a copy. I've been waiting for this game to hit $19.99. With tax I paid $21.19 even with my huge backlog of games I just had to have this one since I'm such a big fan of the studio behind this game.

I'm 50/50 on Ni No Kuni. I rarely buy games above $10-$15. But good JRPGS rarely drop below the $20 mark.
This is for sure a good JRPG. I haven't played one this good in a long time. One of the few on the PS3 that i felt matches the quality, story, music, etc. of the great ones you might have played on PS1 or PS2. The story is a little more on the "light" side as far as the characters but don't let that detract you. I was very surprised how well it was written.

It just sell out for anyone else? Was just checking out too... *sigh*

Edit:  Wish it had just told me I could still pick it up.  Remade the order, should have it in hand today.  Yay!

Bah just pre-ordered Dragon's Crown and the last $20 was supposed to be the start of me saving for my 3DS lol... 

screw it, im buying it. Anyone know how long this sale is going for? I assume they say just the weekend or in usual BB fashion the whole week actually. 

Already OoS for shipping, none of my local stores have it for ISPU either. That fucking blows, been waiting for a $20 for a long time. Hope Amazon PMs or BB gets restocked near my local stores. Weak. What a fucking bummer.

Already OoS for shipping, none of my local stores have it for ISPU either. That fucking blows, been waiting for a $20 for a long time. Hope Amazon PMs or BB gets restocked near my local stores. Weak. What a fucking bummer.
Have someone like Walmart or Target price match it. That's what I'm going to do

Only site to store the nearest one to me that has it would cost me 10 dollars just in gas not worth it.

Grabbed one for in-store pickup. With any luck, BB won't muck this one up - anyone else get a bunch of "Ready for Pick-Up" notices, only to have the item NOT actually be ready?

Yeah, just ordered this and Ascension with free shipping.

Was gonna do in store pick up but no stores nearby has both copies so I would have had to make two trips.

And it's raining.

I was able to order Ni no Kuni for shipping just now (7/28/13  10:35am pacific time)

it shows as "not available for shipping" but once you click on the game, it gives you the option to add it to the cart and order it for shipping.

chances are it will be backorder.

For those wondering about the GOW:A single player - it is VERY mediocre. I think GoW3 is among the greatest games of this generation, but Ascension is a huge step backward. There are literally no gods that people care/know about in this game. The story also feels very pointless and has no development.

For those wondering about the GOW:A single player - it is VERY mediocre. I think GoW3 is among the greatest games of this generation, but Ascension is a huge step backward. There are literally no gods that people care/know about in this game. The story also feels very pointless and has no development.
But how long is it, I remembered finishing gow3 in 1 day.

Buy it from BBY and return it sealed to Walmart?

Unless you live in like one mile distance from each store gas is going to count into that. Most people will burn at least a gallon of gas no matter the car Average 20 miles to a gallon with prices at about $4 dollar a gallon.

. So you're talking spending at the very least $3-4 dollars plus your time to make back $10.

So I bought Ni No Kuni and I dont even know what its about. I ended up getting it since everyone is always praising it. How's the gameplay? What game does it play like?

Also did anyones copy of GoW:A include a dlc code for PS:All Star Battle Royale?

So I bought Ni No Kuni and I dont even know what its about. I ended up getting it since everyone is always praising it. How's the gameplay? What game does it play like?

Also did anyones copy of GoW:A include a dlc code for PS:All Star Battle Royale?
Pokemon, with the ability for your humans to do stuff too.

ni no kuni has a similar theme to pokemon, where you catch creatures, and train them to battle.

bread's done
Back