Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Amazon Ni No Kuni $20; Madden 13 $15; Need for Speed MW $15; GoW Ascension $20; FIFA 13 $18; Injustice $35; Skyrim Legendary $40 - Free S&H

Amazon; Best Buy; God; Madden

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'm having the same issues as well asyour PS3 not reading dual layer disc. But there are a couple of things you can try. You can get a disc cleaner and try that, or manually open it up and clean out yourself. You might need a new Blu-ray component though. Not reading dual layer disc is usually a sign of the laser dying.
Or you can do what I did. There's a video on YouTube where a guy put his PS3 standing up so that the disc entry is facing up and the fan/vents are facing downward to get his system to read the disc. I have tried it and it does work for some reason. Just make sure you give it ground clearance so it can vent the hot air. Posting from my phone so it's hard to post the video now, but you can search something like "PS3 not reading dual layer disc" and find it.

I finally tried (PS3 standing up), and sadly, it did not work. I guess I'll end up buying a new console whenever a sale shows up.

#32 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Anybody have an opinion on FIFA?  Havent played a soccer game in years but I'm tempted.

I've played FIFA 13 and 12 after not playing a FIFA since the PS1 days. I got it because I wanted to learn soccer and figured it was the best way to do it. I love the living shit out of it. 

Posted Image

#33 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Waiting for Skyrim Legendary to drop further, I'll bite at $20.

Posted Image

#34 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Argggg, can't believe I missed God of War... That's what I get for not checking this site every day. Really hoping Amazon gets some more in stock, that was the exact price point I was waiting for.

UPDATE: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and bought!

"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

Bit on Skyrim for $40. I was waiting for the bundle and would've dropped $60 on it last month, but I preordered Payday 2 instead.

Posted Image

#36 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

Looks like gow Is back in stock.

#37 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Skyrim is $35 @ TRU. 

Thanks for the info. Just told Amazon. Hopefully they price-match. :pray:

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#38 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for the info. Just told Amazon. Hopefully they price-match. :pray:

Me too. Sent them the info, crossing fingers.

#39 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

GoW Ascension back in stock, OP updated.
Posted Image

#40 lorne

lorne

Sweeping the Ruins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Free Standard Shipping this time.

#41 adezero

adezero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

idk if gow is worth it. seeing a lot of negative reviews. I don't care about multiplayer and most are saying the game is a step down from its predecessor.

#42 88wwmm

88wwmm

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Xbox 360 is also $9.99 at Amazon.

#43 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

OP updated, thanks for the info.

As always, no Wal-Mart anywhere should be PM'ing Amazon, or anything besides a paper ad.  According to corporate policy, any employee that is caught PM'ing a website, even walmart.com, is supposed to be fired on the spot, no questions asked.  Same with a manager that allows this practice.

Target and Best Buy both PM Amazon though, that's worth a shot.

idk if gow is worth it. seeing a lot of negative reviews. I don't care about multiplayer and most are saying the game is a step down from its predecessor.

Wondering the same thing myself.  Between my MMO's, my backlog, and Injustice, I doubt I'll barely touch the MP.  I've never been a huge GoW fan to begin with, and if the single player is actually weaker than the previous games I'd have a hard time justifying over $10 for it.  I think I am gonna bite on Ni No Kuni at Best Buy, but unless I still have leftover credit afterwards I think I'm gonna pass.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#44 teharistocrat

teharistocrat

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Thanks OP!  Nabbed GOW: Ascension.

#45 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

As always, no Wal-Mart anywhere should be PM'ing Amazon, or anything besides a paper ad. According to corporate policy, any employee that is caught PM'ing a website, even walmart.com, is supposed to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. Same with a manager that allows this practice.

Target and Best Buy both PM Amazon though, that's worth a shot.

Wondering the same thing myself. Between my MMO's, my backlog, and Injustice, I doubt I'll barely touch the MP. I've never been a huge GoW fan to begin with, and if the single player is actually weaker than the previous games I'd have a hard time justifying over $10 for it. I think I am gonna bite on Ni No Kuni at Best Buy, but unless I still have leftover credit afterwards I think I'm gonna pass.

that was the old policy. The new policy allows PMs to websites without a paper ad.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#46 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Waiting for Skyrim Legendary to drop further, I'll bite at $20.

Behold! Optic Blast!

Argggg, can't believe I missed God of War... That's what I get for not checking this site every day. Really hoping Amazon gets some more in stock, that was the exact price point I was waiting for.

UPDATE: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and bought!

Nice!

Posted Image

#47 Necremis

Necremis

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Best Buy price matches Amazon if Amazon is the direct seller, which in this case they are.

I snagged GoW from Amazon, wish I would have just went to best buy to not pay shipping.  Lesson learned.

I picked up Fifa after selling my copy a month ago because my girlfriend hates I play it too much.  

I called and learned about their PM policy with Amazon.  It didn't matter though.........   my BB had already marked fifa at 17.99.  It's 19 something after tax but it's a great deal, I already have my online pass so I'm selling this new one.

sml_gallery_350177_8317_52736.jpg

#48 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

You should probably contact amazon CS, GoW Ascension has free standard shipping now although it was not offered when the sale, went live.
Posted Image

#49 bargainman

bargainman

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

GOW back in stock

GameSIgnature.jpgsig.jpg

#50 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Can't decide on FIFA or not. Never played a soccer game.

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Pay Day 2 | ACIV:BF |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Edge of Tomorrow  :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#51 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

Can't decide on FIFA or not. Never played a soccer game.

If you don't plan on getting Fifa 14, then definitely jump on 13 now. At this price it's a steal. Fifa is amazing, just a little getting used to if you've never played a soccer game. Easy to learn though, all about timing and knowing who to pass to, etc. Granted I play soccer in real life and I watch it but still, it can make anyone a fan.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#52 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Only if Xbox was on sale, too

Miami+Flash15.png

#53 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

OP updated with Madden and NFS.

Posted Image

#54 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

So Madden 13 - new for 14.99

Or

NCAA 13 - used 9.99

Help me choose, haven't played a football game since blitz on n64. I don't want to really spend 60$ on madden 25 when idk if ill like it. (Also I'm not a huge football fan)

#55 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

So Madden 13 - new for 14.99

Or

NCAA 13 - used 9.99

Help me choose, haven't played a football game since blitz on n64. I don't want to really spend 60$ on madden 25 when idk if ill like it. (Also I'm not a huge football fan)

Everyone hates Madden 13 so I'd go with NCAA 13.

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#56 wolfgang2399

wolfgang2399

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I've got FIFA 12. Is it worth it to upgrade to FIFA 13 for an extremely casual soccer fan who doesn't care about updated rosters?

#57 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

I've got FIFA 12. Is it worth it to upgrade to FIFA 13 for an extremely casual soccer fan who doesn't care about updated rosters?

Yes, and no. Fifa 13 is more realistic in a sense, no more perfect touches for every single player like it was in 12. Balls will bounce away from you, graphics are nicer, mini-games, etc.

426575.png

#58 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Tempted to get NFS Most Wanted, but I suspect it might be free on PS Plus in the next few months.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#59 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Can't decide between Madden 13 and NCAA 13! Ahhh

#60 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

If Skyrim Legendary is already $35/$39 this week I have no doubt I'll be able to get it somewhere around $20 by Black Friday.  I can wait.