Fantasy Football "Who Should I Start" Thread, 2013

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#991 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ok ended up the third seed in my league at 8-5. Problem is the sixth seed has given me two of those 5 loses.

Need some early advice this week since it involves the Thursday night game.

Stafford or Wilson

Akers, Feely, or Lindell

Panthers or Texans

Ivory, Wright, Burleson, or Mendenhall-(flex non-ppr)

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#992 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Got the 5th seed, but I think I would have preferred the 6th. The 3rd seed has been struggling, and I am stuck playing the guy who smoked me this last week. Anyways, I have a LOT of issues going into this week.

Woodhead has been up and down the last 4 weeks, and I don't necessarily love the match-up against the Giants. Their defense has looked a lot better recently, and even in their worst game of late against the Cowboys, they still had a stretches where they looked good. Plus, I also have Allen, and he's pretty much become a must-start now, so I'll really hate to put all my eggs into the San Diego basket.

Unfortunately, here are my other running back "options"...

Montee Ball

Stevan Ridley

Andre Ellington

Brandon Bolden

I would love to start one of the Pats' running backs against a Browns defense that looks like they are ready to pack it in, but who knows if Ridley will suit up and get significant touches. Even if he doesn't, Bolden barely got any burn last week. Ellington was hurt last week, and Mendenhall played well, so that should further cut into Ellington's touches. Ball, sadly, might be the best of my reserves...

I am also considering benching Boykin for Cecil Shorts. That GB line was embarrassing on Thanksgiving, and Flynn looked lost. But I HATE Thursday night players, especially when they are not top-tier guys. I constantly get burned by going with players on TNF.

#993 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I've 99% made up my mind as to which QB to start but I'm curious what everyone thinks:  Cam Newton @ New Orleans or Russell Wilson @ San Fran?  Both tough environments to play in.

#994 winterice

winterice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

R. Wilson should be a sit this week. Niners and Seahawks games have never been high scoring affairs.

#995 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

R. Wilson should be a sit this week. Niners and Seahawks games have never been high scoring affairs.

Thanks pretty much what I was thinking too.  Both QBs have been playing well of late and the Panthers seem to be on a bit of a roll so I'll stick with Newton.  Playoff time!

#996 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Andrew Luck (@CIN)
Carson Palmer (STL)
Philip Rivers (NYG)

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#997 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Andrew Luck (@CIN)
Carson Palmer (STL)
Philip Rivers (NYG)

I think of these three, I'd go with Rivers.  I'm debating between Palmer and Luck myself this week, although the way they've both been playing, I feel like I have to go with Palmer.

Actually, I'm up in the air at several positions.

RB:  Marshawn Lynch (@SF), Chris Johnson (@DEN), Andre Brown (@SD)   Really, it comes down to CJ or Brown?  I'm not sitting Lynch, even with the tough matchup.  His last couple of games against the 49ers have been big anyway.  He gave me 34 points against them earlier this year.  I'm leaning toward Brown here.

WR: Victor Cruz (@SD) or Jarrett Boykin (vs. ATL)  I guess this one comes down to whether Rodgers is back at QB for Green Bay.  If not, I kind of have to go with Cruz, right?  If he is back this week, it becomes a tougher call.

DST:  Baltimore (vs. MIN) or Cincinnati (vs. IND)  I also have Tennessee, but since they're going up against the Broncos, that's not an option.  Bad enough my opponent has Peyton.  The Ravens gave me a whopping 3 points last week, but they may be due for a bounce-back defensive performance.  Or not.  Luck's weak play lately that has me benching him at QB does make the Bengals an interesting choice, but if he lights it up (while on my bench) torching my D, that's the kind of double-whammy that would haunt me for months.  Leaning Ravens here.

Posted Image

#998 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Made it to the playoffs, I have a bye this week. Should I pick up Brown and dump Mendenhall? 

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#999 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

I like Brown a lot. He's ran really well since coming back, and the line has played much, much better. Had a bad game last week in terms of yardage, but still found the endzone twice. Plus, he's a decent every down back, so he does get involved in the passing game, as well, though he sometimes leaves Manning high and dry by not turning in time. The biggest concern you have with Brown is the likelihood of Jacobs and/or Hillis vulturing a TD from him.

The match-up this week is beautiful. San Diego has been awful against the run. They give up well over 100 rushing yards a game and have surrendered double digit rushing TDs. Last week, Cincy ate them up for over 150 and a score.

#1000 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

First round of playoffs this week, I only have an issue at QB:

-RGIII (KC)

-Jay Culter, if he plays (DAL)

-Case Keenum, Thurrsday night game (@JAC)

I'm currently rolling with Cutler since Dallas D is 32nd in the league against the pass. I was thinking Keenum at first but he did horrible against the Jags two weeks ago. I wanna roll with my starter in RG3, but I don't think he's gonna even put up 2TDs against KC D.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#1001 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

@ Danimal
I would probably go Cruz and brown myself. If Rodgers is back I'd go Boykin against an Atlanta d that has been absolutely getting torched this season. I'm starting Jordy if Rodgers is back

Need help with running back. My running back woes this season I'll tell ya

My choices are
Booby Rainey
Shane Vereen
Lamar Miller
Chris ivory.

I was leaning toward
Vereen
Rainey or Miller probably go Rainey against an awful bills run d though

Also wide receiver
Jordy
Welker
V jax

Welker and v jax seem like the obvious choices.

#1002 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Vereen
Rainey

Welker
VJax

Who would go for at Flex this week non ppr.

K. Wright
C. Ivory
R. Mendenhall

Also J. Thomas is my starter but if he is out again L. Green, B. Myers, Z. Miller, or A. Fasono?

#1003 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

@ Danimal
I would probably go Cruz and brown myself. If Rodgers is back I'd go Boykin against an Atlanta d that has been absolutely getting torched this season. I'm starting Jordy if Rodgers is back

Need help with running back. My running back woes this season I'll tell ya

My choices are
Booby Rainey
Shane Vereen
Lamar Miller
Chris ivory.

I was leaning toward
Vereen
Rainey or Miller probably go Rainey against an awful bills run d though

Also wide receiver
Jordy
Welker
V jax

Welker and v jax seem like the obvious choices.

That is a rough situation at RB.  I think I'd go Rainey and Ivory.  At WR, VJax and Welker, but if Rodgers plays, I'd sub Jordy in for Welker.

Vereen
Rainey

Welker
VJax

Who would go for at Flex this week non ppr.

K. Wright
C. Ivory
R. Mendenhall

Also J. Thomas is my starter but if he is out again L. Green, B. Myers, Z. Miller, or A. Fasono?

I'd go with Mendenhall at flex, and if Thomas is out, I like Green out of that group.

Posted Image

#1004 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

So what do you guys think about Garrett Graham over Jordan Cameron? Half ppr.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#1005 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

First round of playoffs this week, I only have an issue at QB:

-RGIII (KC)

-Jay Culter, if he plays (DAL)

-Case Keenum, Thurrsday night game (@JAC)

I'm currently rolling with Cutler since Dallas D is 32nd in the league against the pass. I was thinking Keenum at first but he did horrible against the Jags two weeks ago. I wanna roll with my starter in RG3, but I don't think he's gonna even put up 2TDs against KC D.

If Cutler doesn't play I'd go with Griffen. Is McCowen available in your league? I'd drop Keenum for McCowen and start either McCowen or Cutler.

--

I was in two leagues this year and had two completely opposite outcomes. In one league I was the second highest scorer but missed the playoffs due to having the most points scored against. I should have seen it coming when Peyton got me 45+ points in first week and I lost. In the second league I had the lowest scoring team (until the last week of season), started 0-4 but finished 7-6 and in the playoffs.

#1006 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

How crazy am I for thinking about starting Kendall Wright over Welker? My other two starting WRs are Demaryius Thomas and Michael Floyd.

#1007 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Interesting (and difficult) matchup in my 30 team league this week (Non-PPR). Made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth, but play arguably the best team in the league. We also have three of the same players since he's in a different conference than me. Nick Foles, Demarco Murray, Desean Jackson.

He currently has Desean Jackson and Nick Foles benched. My gut tells me to start Foles over Tom Brady, but I'm a little lost at WR. The double touchdown combo from Foles / Jackson would be nice, but if Jackson puts a clunker up this week, I'm screwed. On the flip side, I do have Alshon Jeffery, and I feel he's the safer pick.

Also in that league, RB. Andre Brown, CJ Spiller / Fred Jackson, or Zac Stacy? Currently leaning Brown.

card.png

#1008 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Need to reach for as many points as possible today.

Best flex out of this group(non-ppr)

Ivory

Mendenhall

Burleson

Wright

Also anybody have a hunch about a kicker today? These are the available options.

Janikowski
Akers
Feely
Lindell

Brown
Sturgus
Forbath
Bironas
Cundiff

Thanks

#1009 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

How crazy am I for thinking about starting Kendall Wright over Welker? My other two starting WRs are Demaryius Thomas and Michael Floyd.

You're crazy... like a fox.  I would go with Wright over Welker right now, too.  Wright has been consistently productive over the last four or five games, just as Welker's production has been falling off a cliff.  With Manning, there's always a chance one of his WR's will put up a 3 TD game, but right now that's much more likely to be Thomas, or even Decker.  Plus, Tennessee may be throwing more than normal trying to keep up with Denver, so Wright may get more targets than usual. (I'm benching CJ in favor of Andre Brown this week based at least partly on this logic, so we'll both be watching this)

Interesting (and difficult) matchup in my 30 team league this week (Non-PPR). Made the playoffs by the skin of my teeth, but play arguably the best team in the league. We also have three of the same players since he's in a different conference than me. Nick Foles, Demarco Murray, Desean Jackson.

He currently has Desean Jackson and Nick Foles benched. My gut tells me to start Foles over Tom Brady, but I'm a little lost at WR. The double touchdown combo from Foles / Jackson would be nice, but if Jackson puts a clunker up this week, I'm screwed. On the flip side, I do have Alshon Jeffery, and I feel he's the safer pick.

Also in that league, RB. Andre Brown, CJ Spiller / Fred Jackson, or Zac Stacy? Currently leaning Brown.

I'd start Foles over Brady, too.  Jackson vs. Jeffery is a tough call, but I think I'd go with Jeffery.  At RB, I'd go with Brown.

Need to reach for as many points as possible today.

Best flex out of this group(non-ppr)

Ivory

Mendenhall

Burleson

Wright

Also anybody have a hunch about a kicker today? These are the available options.

Janikowski
Akers
Feely
Lindell

Brown
Sturgus
Forbath
Bironas
Cundiff

Thanks

At flex, I'd go with Wright, and my hunchometer tells me that Akers is the guy to go with out of that group of kickers.

Posted Image

#1010 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks

#1011 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thanks. I was leaning all three of those ways as well. It's snowing a good bit here in PA though so I'm beginning to get a little skeptical as far as Foles goes. I think I wanted to get cute with Jackson since I saw my opponent benched him, but Jeffery was who I originally thought at the beginning of the week.

card.png

#1012 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I guess we shouldn't expect anybody to really put up any big points in that Lions/Eagles game. Holy crap.

I left Bush in my lineup, but looks like he won't play today. That sucks.

#1013 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

I guess we shouldn't expect anybody to really put up any big points in that Lions/Eagles game. Holy crap.

I left Bush in my lineup, but looks like he won't play today. That sucks.

yeah I have Stafford and Calvin :(

#1014 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

yeah I have Stafford and Calvin :(

My opponent does as well and looks like I dodged a huge bullet though. Still feel shaky on my matchup. Would feel more confident if I started KC's defense (picked up Arizona for this week since they seemed fairly favorable). In my defense, other than a KR touchdown last week, the past couple weeks have been duds for them.

card.png

#1015 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Frakking Wright was a bust today. Ended up losing by 13 points. If I would have got anything out of Stafford, Morris, or Wright I might have had a chance.

#1016 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

Wow, I pretty much could not have given worse advice if I tried.  Let's see, I suggested Kendall Wright (2 catches for 17 yards) twice, Foles over Brady, and David Akers, who had no FG attempts and missed his only XP try.  Sorry guys, I hope you either didn't listen to me, or scored enough to win in spite of my unintended sabotage.  Yeesh.

This weekend has been a fitting end to a very frustrating season for me.  I've had worse teams before; I ended up being the 2nd highest scoring team in the league this year, but finished just 7-6.  I made the playoffs as the #6 seed, but like last weekend's final regular season game, I'm getting absolutely destroyed this week.  I'm losing 138-88.  I still have Brandon Marshall to go, but I'm not holding my breath for a 50 point game from him.  My opponent still has his kicker to go anyway.  I sat Andrew Luck down this week just in time for him to go off for his best game of the year.  Instead, I started Carson Palmer, so naturally he picked this week to end his string of 300+ yard, multi-TD games.  Oh well, it wouldn't have been enough to make a difference anyway.  My opponent this week has Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles; I felt this beatdown coming all week.

Hope you guys fared better than I did this week.

Posted Image

#1017 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

Wow, I pretty much could not have given worse advice if I tried.  Let's see, I suggested Kendall Wright (2 catches for 17 yards) twice, Foles over Brady, and David Akers, who had no FG attempts and missed his only XP try.  Sorry guys, I hope you either didn't listen to me, or scored enough to win in spite of my unintended sabotage.  Yeesh.

This weekend has been a fitting end to a very frustrating season for me.  I've had worse teams before; I ended up being the 2nd highest scoring team in the league this year, but finished just 7-6.  I made the playoffs as the #6 seed, but like last weekend's final regular season game, I'm getting absolutely destroyed this week.  I'm losing 138-88.  I still have Brandon Marshall to go, but I'm not holding my breath for a 50 point game from him.  My opponent still has his kicker to go anyway.  I sat Andrew Luck down this week just in time for him to go off for his best game of the year.  Instead, I started Carson Palmer, so naturally he picked this week to end his string of 300+ yard, multi-TD games.  Oh well, it wouldn't have been enough to make a difference anyway.  My opponent this week has Peyton Manning and Jamaal Charles; I felt this beatdown coming all week.

Hope you guys fared better than I did this week.

I listened to you about Wright over Welker, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. I got a combined 1.95 from AP and Bush, and Michael Floyd added only 3.10.

#1018 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

Brady and Foles were pretty much a wash in my league. Foles had 20, Brady had 22. I can't blame you (unless I lose by two points or less).

card.png

#1019 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Yeah, I guess Foles and Brady were closer than I thought.  I hadn't seen Foles full stat line, just the 179 passing yards with one TD and a pick, compared to Brady ending up over 400 with a couple TD's.  Didn't know he had the rushing TD.

Posted Image

#1020 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

I caught a nice, big break. Thank you, Mother Nature. My opponent had Stafford, Bell, and AP all in his starting lineup. Bell actually ended up having a great first half, which at least salvaged one spot for him, but of course, Stafford did nothing, and AP went down. And I got big games from Woodhead and Allen, so it looks like I'll be marching onto the final 4 in my league!