Photo
- - - - -

[NOTE: REISSUE] Metro 2033 (X360) - $28.99 New @ Amazon (3rd party fulfilled w/ Prime)

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B002V16T0Q

This game, published by the now-defunct THQ, has become hard to find new at a reasonable price. This is a great deal for those that missed out on it before.

#2 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Nice find OP. I've been trying to snag a copy of this even though I have it on Steam.

There's only 7 in stock so it's probably gonna go past.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

7 in stock? Normally I see the countdown when there is less than 20 left, but I do not see that here. I was thinking there would be more than 7.

#4 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think that's only for items where Amazon is the seller. This is just being fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by a third party seller.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#5 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Just a heads up for PC gamers.  This game looks like it will be offered as a bonus game for the Humble Deep Silver Bundle. There's a thread for this bundle so check it out.

#6 BottleRocket

BottleRocket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I just ordered mine with Prime, but it says it wont be delivered for 2 weeks. 

#7 Bears0492

Bears0492

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Just ordered one, got an Aug 8th delivery date. Thanks OP

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=97443 - Check my list of available games

#8 mariodog

mariodog

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Nice, snagged one! Been looking for a cheap sealed copy for a while. Thanks OP! Too bad they charge sales tax in FL

#9 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks op. Much happier with this than settling for a download.

#10 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

The seller now has 9 available. I'm guessing the seller is just fucking around with the quantity to make it appear that his stock is lower than it actually is.

I just ordered mine with Prime, but it says it wont be delivered for 2 weeks.

I just checked mine and I'm getting August 6th as the estimated delivery date. I don't get what's going on with Amazon... Prime no longer qualitys for all items and now, 2-day shipping takes 4 business days.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#11 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

And it's gone.

#12 BottleRocket

BottleRocket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

The seller now has 9 available. I'm guessing the seller is just fucking around with the quantity to make it appear that his stock is lower than it actually is.

I just checked mine and I'm getting August 6th as the estimated delivery date. I don't get what's going on with Amazon... Prime no longer qualitys for all items and now, 2-day shipping takes 4 business days.

I've noticed that. How is it prime then? Just free? 

#13 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

I've noticed that. How is it prime then? Just free? 

It is sort of like when Amazon (not a 3rd party) sells out an item, but they still accept orders at that price while they wait for more stock to arrive. They usually adjust the ship time to say something like "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks". This is a 3rd party, though, and you would expect for their slot to just disappear once sold out rather than saying that you will have to wait.

I ordered 2 copies yesterday, and they both shipped today. Hopefully everyone gets what they ordered in a reasonable time.

#14 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Back in stock.

#15 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Did anyone that ordered on Wednesday receive it yet?  I'm wondering if these are the original THQ copies, or if Deep Silver might be doing a reprint now that they have the Metro series.  If it's the latter, the game will likely be available from other retailers in the future.

#16 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Whatever they've done, Hubbagames is killing the other sellers with that price!  Unless there is a reprint, this thing will probably be at least  an average of $100 for a sealed copy by the holidays.

#17 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hmmm, to buy one at this price or keep trying to nab a $15-$20 used copy elsewhere...

EDIT: Argh, damn. I picked one up. Didn't really want to spend more than $20 on this and was pretty sure that at some point in the future I could get it at that price for a used copy. But at least this way I don't have to worry about the condition of such a product. I've been curious what this game is like for a couple months now and if I had hesitated, someone might have bought them all up to resell. So whatevs I guess, I'll deal with almost $30 for it.

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

I'll be interested to see what everyone receives. I know the game isn't ultra rare but it's hard enough to find that I'm a little curious if these are reprints or resealed or what.

#19 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

If it does happen to be a reprint, I will more than likely just return my copy and wait for a better price on a reprint.

Can't imagine it is a reprint though, if no one has spotted it for a cheap price at any retailers.

#20 DillonKC

DillonKC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

246 left...

#21 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Prollly got a case or two at store liquidation auction or something like that...

#22 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

Thanks, I bought one. Still had 64, I think. 

BTW, why is it charging me sales tax? I live in MA and I thought the Amazon sales tax was supposed to start being charged after Nov. 1, 2013 in MA...

#23 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

Thanks, I bought one. Still had 64, I think. 

BTW, why is it charging me sales tax? I live in MA and I thought the Amazon sales tax was supposed to start being charged after Nov. 1, 2013 in MA...

This is through a 3rd party, and they must be collecting for your state. I have had that happen for me, too.

#24 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

I ordered this on Wednesday and my copy still hasn't shipped. It showed up as in stock when I ordered but my delivery date is still the 6th (w/ Prime 2 day).

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#25 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

This is through a 3rd party, and they must be collecting for your state. I have had that happen for me, too.

Well, whatever. Still only $30. Not too bad for a game like this.

#26 Blackshear

Blackshear

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Ordered, thanks op.. Have on steam but have never got around to it
Currently playing:
Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, GTA V, GoW: Ascension, Starbound Beta

#27 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

Has ANYONE had theirs ship? I'm not buying any because I still have my region free UK Metro 2033 (which if as a fallback can be found super cheap) but hubbagames has made the TiV yo-yo from the $28.xx it usually hovers at.

#28 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Now this is a game I would like as a freebie.  Already have Assassin's Creed II on PS3 and Crackdown on disc.

#29 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

Snagged one....thanks OP....
Posted Image

#30 Jardarpp

Jardarpp

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

This game is terrific. The game got pretty eerie at times; a good refresher from the traditional fps games. I snagged a copy a year ago for $25. $28.99 seems like an okay deal. 

Jardarpp.png