Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Games for GOLD (August Edition) Crackdown, Dead Rising 2

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 Kogami

Kogami

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Even though Crackdown is a great game, this months games disappoint me. PSN gives away fairly new and good games. Glad I am switching over to PS next gen and don't pay for gold lmao

#32 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Even though Crackdown is a great game, this months games disappoint me. PSN gives away fairly new and good games. Glad I am switching over to PS next gen and don't pay for gold lmao

I'm glad you're switching too.

#33 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Wow, what next, Space Invaders and Pong perhaps? Why the ancient games that no-one cares for anymore.They are literally giving us all the oldest games that people aren't buying anymore... :dunce: 

#34 Skulles

Skulles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Wow, what next, Space Invaders and Pong perhaps? Why the ancient games that no-one cares for anymore.They are literally giving us all the oldest games that people aren't buying anymore... :dunce:

Space invaders has a higher value then Crackdown at this point

#35 SoulesSamurai

SoulesSamurai

Ninja skills like whoa...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Game my son my copy of crackdown and was looking to buy it again so we can co-op, so I'm actually pretty happy, plus he loves zombies (as do I) so we can slay them together in DR:2, not bad for free downloads...
Posted Image

#36 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

I just bought Crackdown a few weeks ago :(

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#37 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Awesome!  Despite how bad DR2 was compared to DR1, and how DR: OTR is better than DR2, I still enjoyed DR2.  And Crackdown 1 was awesome, Crackdown 2 was horrible.  Wish I didn't sell Crackdown 1.  Well, at least I get it again for free, and I still have the "Keys to the City" content.  

Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#38 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

Not bad.  I own both Crackdown and Case Zero.  So, just DR2 for me.

mer71.jpg

#39 Revixe06

Revixe06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Great games for those who don't already own them. Definitely worth giving a try.

76561198042531484.png

Amazon Student Referral (FREE 6 months of Amazon Prime)

#40 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

I'll download Crackdown despite having beat it many years ago and despite the fact that I'll never play it again.

#41 LakeShow16

LakeShow16

Believe in Mitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

Damn gotta get rid of DR2 before it's trade in value tanks

tumblr_mrgtbor57c1s7vtbxo1_400.gif
swagbucks-468x60Alt4.jpg

#42 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Damn, wish the dates were reversed. Hate Crackdown, didn't like DR1 or Case Zero/West all that much but willing to give DR2 a shot.

Personally, I liked Case Zero a lot. I found the Dead Rising gameplay formula works better on a smaller scale.

#43 Roninalchemist

Roninalchemist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm quite happy with the Games for Gold program so far, I'm getting experience in a group of games I hadn't gotten to play before!  AC2 is fun so far, can't wait to get into the meat and potatoes of it.  I have heard good things about Crackdown and I enjoyed the first Dead Rising (on Wii granted...) so hopefully these will be very fun!  Not to mention it keeps me from spending $$ on games for a while while we have crappy sales!

#44 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Crackdown is now live on Xbox.com

Go go go!
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#45 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Does it work the same way as PS+? If you let your gold subscription lapse, do the games go away? 

#46 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Does it work the same way as PS+? If you let your gold subscription lapse, do the games go away?

Once you start the download it is yours forever hold or silver

#47 htz

htz

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

On Capcom's blog they mentioned Dead Rising 2 is only available as long as you have Gold. Most likely a mistake but then again this is Capcom...

Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero will be the two Games with Gold titles for August on XBLA. What does this mean? Well, quite simply from August the 16th if you are have a Gold subscription for Xbox Live you can download both titles for FREE during August and keep them as long as you have a valid Gold membership. Please note that as the Dead Rising titles are not available in Germany, they will be replaced by Lost Planet 2

Happy Zombie chopping

Source: http://www.capcom-un...gold?no_redir=1

#48 BottleRocket

BottleRocket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

I just bought Crackdown a few weeks ago :(

What are the odds? The game is ancient and you just happen to buy it now. That sucks. 

#49 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

Anyone know what the JP games for Gold are for next month?  I know they got different ones not ACII and not Fable 3 so just curious if they are getting something different on this again.

#50 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Free games are great and all, but its like they are not even trying.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#51 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

One nice thing about this for Crackdown 2....I can FINALLY install the game. Thanks to the old Halo 3 beta being on the disc with Crackdown, you couldn't install it.

#52 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Downloading now!  The only problem is that I still have a retail copy(still sealed I think) and the TIV is shit and a turd everywhere.

On the DR thing, I liked DR1 and OTR better than DR2(have it for PC) just because of the photography aspects.  Then again, I'm a photographer.

#53 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

"bought" it for nothing.  I beat it years ago but I'm compelled to "buy" it so that I'll own it forever and so that the developers will get paid by MS.

#54 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

Free games are great and all, but its like they are not even trying.

What are you even talking about? Crackdown, DR2 (plus Case Zero) and AC2 are all great games. Plus Halo 3 is coming as well. Really don't understand that comment.

#55 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

I wish they had more dlc for crackdown. Loved this game.

#56 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

What are you even talking about? Crackdown, DR2 (plus Case Zero) and AC2 are all great games. Plus Halo 3 is coming as well. Really don't understand that comment.

Great Games I bought Years ago and Still Own!  

Its like they went through their statistics and found the games that everyone already has and decided to give those away for free.  At least they could throw a bone and give away something came out within the last 2 years.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#57 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

Never played Crackdown but I have played 2 and kind of liked it. From what I am reading I should love the first one if I liked the second one.

#58 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

Never played Crackdown but I have played 2 and kind of liked it. From what I am reading I should love the first one if I liked the second one.

If you liked the second you will definitely love the first!

#59 jellisunc

jellisunc

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

ps plus gets games that came out last year, were over here stuck with 5-6 year old games. 

#60 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

ps plus gets games that came out last year, were over here stuck with 5-6 year old games. 

On the bright side, the games that are free here are free for keep. That probably a double edge sword as companies ain't likely to put up a free to own copy of say Mass Effect 3 on this next month when compared to putting it up for free on Plus knowing it at least goes away if that expires. 

This is nearly as good as PS+, but at least it trying. And owning a version of Crackdown that I can install makes me very happy.