Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition avaliable on Gamestop.com

I'm like 80% sure that select Target stores will be carrying a few copies of the C.E.  I've seen a SKU for it on the list of upcoming games.

Eh, I dont think it will be THAT rare. I cancelled my second order, rather use that 100$ on the new Saints Row CE
It will probably be hard to find somewhere down the line, but something tells me that you'll see this lining the shelves at gamestop, probably due to all those cancelled pre-orders

On that topic... has anyone EVER been able to cancel an order using Gamestop's "self-service order cancellation" ? Every single time I've tried to cancel an order or update payment info, I get the error that their system is unable to process my request.

I'm trying to cancel one of my CE orders as I have one at Amazon, and since the only real difference is the figure, I'll just pick up an LE to play :)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATED 12/18/2013

The CE is not only still in stock, it's MSRP is down to $60 as of today.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/ThemeID.24355600/productID.281920600/categoryId.55938500#.UrI9AOJ251M

original post below (it looks like the guys from the original link deleted their posts (from embarrassment?) - luckily I have a copy/paste of what they wrote below)

----------------------------

Eh, I dont think it will be THAT rare. I cancelled my second order, rather use that 100$ on the new Saints Row CE
I think you're right to be worried. With CE's it a huge risk.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/254428-official-collectors-edition-compilation-thread-latest-grand-theft-auto-v-cese/page-99

hasturyo Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition is out of stock in amazon now!

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ And that's why you order first, ask questions later.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bioshock-infinite-ultimate-songbird-edition-xbox-360/6970155.p;jsessionid=606ECEE95DFA4A3B0B2EE267856FCD5B.bbolsp-app01-199?id=1218817856816&skuId=6970155&st=bioshock%20songbird&lp=1&cp=1 BioShock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition - Xbox 360 Product Availability

Shipping: Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day

I think you're right to be worried. With CE's it a huge risk.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/254428-official-collectors-edition-compilation-thread-latest-grand-theft-auto-v-cese/page-99

hasturyo Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition is out of stock in amazon now!

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ And that's why you order first, ask questions later.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/BioShock+Infinite%3A+Ultimate+Songbird+Edition+-+Xbox+360/6970155.p;jsessionid=9846874C20FBEFD53541DDF5946295B6.bbolsp-app04-122?id=1218817856816&skuId=6970155&st=bioshock%20infinite&lp=8&cp=1 BioShock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition - Xbox 360 Product Availability

Shipping: Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day
The only 3 CEs that I can think of in the last year that were actually hard to get were Kingdom Hearts 3D, Borderlands 2 ULC, and Ni No Kuni. But you could only buy Ni No Kuni through Namco-Bandai.

The only 3 CEs that I can think of in the last year that were actually hard to get were Kingdom Hearts 3D, Borderlands 2 ULC, and Ni No Kuni. But you could only buy Ni No Kuni through Namco-Bandai.
Some others are Last of Us (both Survival and the GS exclusive Post-Pandemic), Hyperdimension Neptunia V (NISA store exclusive), Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Edition, Adventure Time, and Walking Dead (GS exclusive) are some more... but many of these were store exclusives.

Still, I think there were tons more CEs that were easy to find.

I sure know how to pick them! Got all three of those, haha. I got two loot chests actually, but sold the other contents. When I make a nice gaming room they will hold controllers. Or guns. Or both.

GUYS. My "Tales of Xillia" Collector's Edition is arriving TOMORROW....from Club Namco's Online Store :D

2llksk9.jpg

On that topic... has anyone EVER been able to cancel an order using Gamestop's "self-service order cancellation" ? Every single time I've tried to cancel an order or update payment info, I get the error that their system is unable to process my request.

I'm trying to cancel one of my CE orders as I have one at Amazon, and since the only real difference is the figure, I'll just pick up an LE to play :)
im pretty sure its been broken for years. they probably do it intentionally.

Calling CS to cancel will take care of it.

I managed to cancel my Xillia order on the site no problem.

And to the guy saying his will arrive tomorrow, im sure they got the year wrong. It'll come in 2014

I managed to cancel my Xillia order on the site no problem.

And to the guy saying his will arrive tomorrow, im sure they got the year wrong. It'll come in 2014
ARGHHHH. I sent a request to cancel my order last week, I get an email yesterday saying it's already shipped out... Oh, and mine says it's going to arrive tomorrow too. The chances of that happening are the same chances of me finding $100,000 in cash in my front yard. When Digital River shipped my Mega Man Statue from Capcom it arrived a week after it said it would.

ARGHHHH. I sent a request to cancel my order last week, I get an email yesterday saying it's already shipped out... Oh, and mine says it's going to arrive tomorrow too. The chances of that happening are the same chances of me finding $100,000 in cash in my front yard. When Digital River shipped my Mega Man Statue from Capcom it arrived a week after it said it would.
you should of been there when with the ni no kuni wizards edition, someone initially got an cancellation email for it, then a week later a free ni no kuni wizards edition shows up. lol. digital river is a mess.

you should of been there when with the ni no kuni wizards edition, someone initially got an cancellation email for it, then a week later a free ni no kuni wizards edition shows up. lol. digital river is a mess.
I was, lol. I ordered 2 from the very beginning. I usually order 2 CE's if I have to use mailorder in fear of mangled boxes. Anyone, they canceled one of my orders, left the other one open. When someone had that secret link, I used it to order another one. So I ended up with two. With this you could only order one copy from Namco. For some reason I thought this was another Namco Bandai exclusive at first. Then I ordered another on Amazon. Cancelled the Amazon one last week when I sent the email to Digital River. Argh.

I was, lol. I ordered 2 from the very beginning. I usually order 2 CE's if I have to use mailorder in fear of mangled boxes. Anyone, they canceled one of my orders, left the other one open. When someone had that secret link, I used it to order another one. So I ended up with two. With this you could only order one copy from Namco. For some reason I thought this was another Namco Bandai exclusive at first. Then I ordered another on Amazon. Cancelled the Amazon one last week when I sent the email to Digital River. Argh.
it was georgeconstanza (that was his username). LOL. People were up in arms, because they said the link provided by him was a backdoor link that screwed them out of their orders.

You know what... I had the same exact problem with the Mega Man statues. DR is fucking atrocious. They told me my order was canceled and then shipped it anyway.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316987-digital-river-shipped-a-cancelled-order-and-doesnt-understand-why-im-upset-about-it/

it was georgeconstanza (that was his username). LOL. People were up in arms, because they said the link provided by him was a backdoor link that screwed them out of their orders.
Yeah well people's orders were getting cancelled before he posted that link. That link was the extras they had. Oh well. I hope I'm home to refuse delivery on this, otherwise I guess I'll keep it, gift it or sell it on here.

this is a repost from another cag of the tales of xilla "regular /limited" edition unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNMZU0Qx_rM

Yeah well people's orders were getting cancelled before he posted that link. That link was the extras they had. Oh well. I hope I'm home to refuse delivery on this, otherwise I guess I'll keep it, gift it or sell it on here.
digital river are going to try hard to deny your refund, or even delay your refund process. Even though you ordered from Namco, but all payment/refund are still through digtial river.

this is a repost from another cag of the tales of xilla "regular /limited" edition unboxing
Thanks. I knew the character booklet was going to be a glorified insert, and not a artbook as some CAGs hoped back then.

Oh god that is the worst unboxong video I have ever seen. He even rips the damn box! Terrible!

Every time I watch these things I can't help but cringe. I must be weird or something because I am Extremely delicate and precise when I open my games.

Don't forget, there was an unboxing for it lately, so yeah...>_>
I canceled both mine on preorder (GS and AMA) once I saw the unboxing. The figure just did not look worth it and I these LE/CE take too much room. Trying to simplify...Tales is my favorite series but just couldn't stomach it.

I laughed so hard watching that video.  "Oh shit!"

Glad I cancelled my pre-order.  I like the art book from the CE but I can't justify paying $100 for a video game and I don't like statues/nick-nacks in my house.  The LE, which I cancelled earlier in the week, would probably be worth it to me for maybe $40.  If I miss out on the LE then I'll wait for it to hit about 20 for the standard edition.  I imagine I'll be able to find the LE for 40 though.

Would buy if it was soundtrack+artbook.

Have no use for an anime girl statue.
I'm the same. In fact, I'd probably pay 70 or 75...MAYBE even 80 if they gave all the CE stuff except the statue. The art book and sound track look a lot better in that version but that statue is tacky and goes beyond my level of nerd by a lot.

I'm the same. In fact, I'd probably pay 70 or 75...MAYBE even 80 if they gave all the CE stuff except the statue. The art book and sound track look a lot better in that version but that statue is tacky and goes beyond my level of nerd by a lot.
Buy the CE, sell the statue?

Not worth the gamble on something like that. No guarantee it will be worth it by itself and frankly, the entire CE isn't going to be as valuable if it's not complete.
Didn't know you were buying for completeness, since you said you want the CE contents - statue. I am sure you can get $20 for it.

Just don't bother with him lol
Hey it's my good pal Dreader! Hey pal, have you ever sold anything on eBay? I ask because you guys don't seem to know that both eBay and PayPal take some of your money. Then of course the size of that figure would cost a good bit to ship, probably 8 or 10 dollars. So no, there's no way I would "get" $20 unless you don't consider net price as how much I get. This would have to sell for at least $30 and probably a bit more just to get $20.

To be clear, something this size the cheapest shipping options are parcel post and priority. You can't ship it first class. Parcel post is out because it's super low priority and you risk the item getting left in a USPS warehouse for weeks. The buyer opens a case because it wasn't delivered in the required eBay timeframe and they win and get their money back. Later it's delivered and now they got it free and you can't even file for insurance (if you opted for it) because it was delivered in one piece. Been there, done that, won't do that again. That leaves priority which in reality would probably cost $12 for this thing. So yeah, unless someone buys just that statue for ~$35, no I'm not going to get $20.

It's easy to sit back and make claims about all the great money you can make selling this thing on eBay but the reality isn't quite there. If I sold this for JUST $20, I'd net about 5 bucks meaning I paid a net price of $95 for the CE minus the figure. Horrible deal. Why is it even necessary to explain this? You guys are talking out your asses.

Hey it's my good pal Dreader! Hey pal, have you ever sold anything on eBay? I ask because you guys don't seem to know that both eBay and PayPal take some of your money. Then of course the size of that figure would cost a good bit to ship, probably 8 or 10 dollars. So no, there's no way I would "get" $20 unless you don't consider net price as how much I get. This would have to sell for at least $30 and probably a bit more just to get $20.

To be clear, something this size the cheapest shipping options are parcel post and priority. You can't ship it first class. Parcel post is out because it's super low priority and you risk the item getting left in a USPS warehouse for weeks. The buyer opens a case because it wasn't delivered in the required eBay timeframe and they win and get their money back. Later it's delivered and now they got it free and you can't even file for insurance (if you opted for it) because it was delivered in one piece. Been there, done that, won't do that again. That leaves priority which in reality would probably cost $12 for this thing. So yeah, unless someone buys just that statue for ~$35, no I'm not going to get $20.

It's easy to sit back and make claims about all the great money you can make selling this thing on eBay but the reality isn't quite there. If I sold this for JUST $20, I'd net about 5 bucks meaning I paid a net price of $95 for the CE minus the figure. Horrible deal. Why is it even necessary to explain this? You guys are talking out your asses.

There is no point in talking to him I guess

bread's done
Back