Ni No Kuni $20 Amazon

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

I got it day one for -$10 off from newegg and I'm about halfway done.  Well worth it, but I know what you mean re: backlog.   I just pre-ordered project diva F and I know I am going to regret it when it's $20

Amazon Prime members, download my kindle book FREE. TORPEDO YOUR BALLS! The Swimming Pool Game.

http://www.amazon.co...pedo your balls

#32 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

Aye aye!

Not if you're a prime member...you'll find most of us are :grouphug:

You guys are hardcore, according to my calculations, all of my fillers averages to only $40 a year. And these "fillers" are usually small cosmetics that my wife would buy from Sephora anyways.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#33 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

ni no kuni is one of the best jrpgs this gen. good story, good voice acting, great graphics, has a good amount of content. the only real flaw with the game is the combat, it's not the worst, but it has a lot to be desired, JRPGs have always had bad combat and ni no kuni retains that issue. thankfully, the difficulty switch to "easy" mode still lets you get all the trophies, basically u get hurt less and do more damage. it doesn't make the game a cakewalk, but it makes it just easy enough that you aren't raging during boss fights.

for $20 it's a steal. and assuming you beat it and do most the side quests you will be entertained for well over 60 hours.

#34 doi

doi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

thank you! i changed my order of GoW:A using the promo code from $20 trade, thank goodness Amazon is using PST!

#35 Ballistic

Ballistic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Oh man, I bought Ni No Kuni two weeks ago from newegg for $28! My order said it qualified for their low price guarantee, let's see if they price match. If anyone else ordered like I did, check out the URL below. If my link doesn't work, search Iron Egg at newegg's contact us section.

http://help.newegg.c...406/kw/iron egg

Hope this works! It will save me the trouble of requesting and mailing the game for a refund :(

#36 Acragas

Acragas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Now shipping in 1-3 weeks but can still be ordered for the sale price (and they usually fill their stock much faster than they estimate, in my experience).

You know, for a game that supposedly sold so poorly, it sure flies off the shelves any time there's a sale on it ...

#37 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

God I want to jump on this, but my backlog and self-control are really keeping me away 

#38 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

God I want to jump on this, but my backlog and self-control are really keeping me away 

Self-control? What's that...

I bought this, but I don't even like JRPGs, ugh, darn CAG.

#39 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

I'm a girl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

BAH!  ToX comes out next week, and I just splurged some much needed new tennis shoes.  I'll have to skip this right now.  I do hope this will be the price during the holidays.

shadowneko003.png

Currently Playing: :ps2: : none :psp: : Final Fantasy VII & Tales of Eternia  :ps3: : Assassin's Creed Liberation :3ds: : Gyakuten Kenji 2

#40 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

I guess I should celebrate by watching a studio Ghibli movie I never seen before. Being as I have been waiting for this price drop sine the game released. It even prompt me to submit a amazon price match which was my first ever. I guess they listened to me. 

My Ni no kuni is already updated to shipping soon after all the BS I messed with by cancelling and reordering I'm surprised it processed so fast. Couldn't be happier.

needler420.png

#41 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

I guess I should celebrate by watching a studio Ghibli movie I never seen before. Being as I have been waiting for this price drop sine the game released. It even prompt me to submit a amazon price match which was my first ever. I guess they listened to me. 

are you a studio ghibli fan? or just an jrpg fan in general. since you said you been waiting for a price drop on the game since release.

#42 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

are you a studio ghibli fan? or just an jrpg fan in general. since you said you been waiting for a price drop on the game since release.

A bit of both I suppose. I been watching some of the studio Ghibli movies before ever knowing how famous they were since my X was into anime. Other then that my anime consisted of cartoon network and old stuff growing up like vampire hunter D ninja scroll and the like.

I always been a JRPG fan. Just not super big into the poppy young Japanese girls theme. But that's not Ni no kuni type. It's childish and very good quality IMO. I hear people make comparisons to pokemon.

And actually I been following this longer then release. I was about to pre-order the wizard edition like 6 months before it released. So it's been on my radar the entire time of it's existence.

needler420.png

#43 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

A bit of both I suppose. I been watching some of the studio Ghibli movies before ever knowing how famous they were since my X was into anime. Other then that my anime consisted of cartoon network and old stuff growing up like vampire hunter D ninja scroll and the like.

I always been a JRPG fan. Just not super big into the poppy young Japanese girls theme. But that's not Ni no kuni type. It's childish and very good quality IMO. I hear people make comparisons to pokemon.

And actually I been following this longer then release. I was about to pre-order the wizard edition like 6 months before it released. So it's been on my radar the entire time of it's existence.

the reason it is similar to pokemon is the catching/training of familiars.

#44 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Son of a...after I jumped on this at $30 and I still haven't played it. I was worried it might become rare.

#45 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Ugh!!!!!!! I noticed when it was too late. Shipping is currently 1-3 weeks with Prime. :(

Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#46 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

I'm fine with waiting, that's my price point. Thanks.

sixteenvolt420.png

#47 NaiveCynic

NaiveCynic

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

In for one too. I've had the game for months, but I'm really reluctant to open up my sealed Wizard's Edition. Now I'll finally get to play it!

#48 Mad Martigan

Mad Martigan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Not the biggest fan of JRPGs but its Studio Ghibili so, yeah, I caved. Hopefully I will actually get around to playing it through all this backlog.

#49 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

In for a copy. I'm ok with waiting 1-3 weeks - plenty of other things to keep me busy.

#50 fenz4ever

fenz4ever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Anyone know if the $10 LEGO Marvel promotion can be combined with this? If so, I might pre-order LEGO Marvel and apply the $10 credit toward this.

ach.png

#51 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Back up to $29.99

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#52 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Looks that way, but you can still order directly from Amazon (see the list of sellers on the right) for $19.99. 1-3 week wait though. 

#53 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

You guys are hardcore, according to my calculations, all of my fillers averages to only $40 a year. And these "fillers" are usually small cosmetics that my wife would buy from Sephora anyways.

If your Prime account is shared across your family, you don't have to buy filler and get faster shipping,  

you can use Amazon Instant Video app on a roku box, PS3 or media pc, and you can use the Kindle Lending library, there's lots of value that make it a really good deal.

Now, I guess if you don't have a Kindle, already have netflix and don't have anyone to share the benefits with, the $80 is a lot pricer.

#54 purix02

purix02

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

im guessing $20 will be universal price in mid August. you need to wait until mid august to recieve this game. Still good find! 

#55 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Sold! Been waiting for it to drop to 20 since release. I have had the stragey guide still sealed waiting for the day this would finally be on sale. Looks like its on back order? Says ships 1 to 3 weeks?
Posted Image

#56 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Despite my massive backlog, I had to jump on this. $20 was my asking price; ended up getting it for $10 + tax (so lame NJ has Amazon tax now) after promo credit.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#57 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'm fine with waiting, Amazon is usually quicker than they tell ya anyways ;)

Posted Image

#58 Anakaris1

Anakaris1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

It is still $19.99, have to select Amazon as the seller.

#59 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Despite my massive backlog, I had to jump on this. $20 was my asking price; ended up getting it for $10 + tax (so lame NJ has Amazon tax now) after promo credit.

Welcome to the Amazon tax club! We got cookies.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#60 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

If your Prime account is shared across your family, you don't have to buy filler and get faster shipping,  

you can use Amazon Instant Video app on a roku box, PS3 or media pc, and you can use the Kindle Lending library, there's lots of value that make it a really good deal.

Now, I guess if you don't have a Kindle, already have netflix and don't have anyone to share the benefits with, the $80 is a lot pricer.

Yeah you don't save any money with prime if a membership is $80 a year. Amazon instant video means nothing to me as I have Netflix.

Spending $80 a year on a membership to get faster shipping cost more then just using filler items, I think the only people its good for is college kids as they get the membership at a discount, possibly even free.

needler420.png