Amazon Prime limited time offer: 12 month subscription + 30 days free trial + $10 Amazon gift card for $79

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=drtv_p_27?ie=UTF8&docId=1000991791

Special TV Offer

With your Amazon Prime 30-Day Free trial, you get access to free two day shipping on millions of items, over 40,000 Movies & TV Episodes available for streaming on your tablet, TV or computer. Also, if you are a Kindle owner, you have over 300,000 books available to borrow for free.

As part of this limited time, exclusive offer, at the conclusion of your Free Trial, if you purchase an annual membership, you'll receive a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card.

Terms and Conditions
• This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) August 25, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Must be eligible for a Free Trial and purchase an annual Prime membership to receive the $10 Amazon Gift Card.
• Limit one gift card per customer and customer account.
• This offer may not be combined with other offers.
• If you cancel your Prime membership, the gift card value will be subtracted from any return credit, Gift Card or refund you receive. 
• If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
• Void where prohibited.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire. For complete Gift Card Terms & Conditions, click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime still $80 a year? Cool deal for essentially an extra month and some credit. If I could double down on this with my student Prime discount that would be great but my sub doesn't run out till November.

Yeah I just paid $39 for Amazon Prime with the Student discount. It runs out here in Sept. I think I get 3 years total to renew at that price. Well worth between the streaming and shipping.

I'm about to start w/ the paid part of amazon student this month, I don't think I can get both the cheaper price and this $10 GC? 

I'm about to start w/ the paid part of amazon student this month, I don't think I can get both the cheaper price and this $10 GC?
you might have the contact their cs, and ask about it. If you lucky, you just might, since their customer service tend to be very accommodating

Chrono Gear said:
Prime still $80 a year? Cool deal for essentially an extra month and some credit. If I could double down on this with my student Prime discount that would be great but my sub doesn't run out till November.
Yeah, $40 a year is better than $80 and a gift card. I can renew mine for $40 soon. I looked and I don't think you can double dip.

Asked a CSR if renewing members could get this deal. They told me that they couldn't. I told them I was going to cancel my student prime if they weren't going to give me some sort of deal (which was the truth.) They gave me $10. Well that was a bit uneventful.

If someone finds a way to get this deal working with renewing members, please let me know.

My student discount runs out this month, I'm probably going to renew anyway because I love it (Downton Abbey!) but bummer renewing members can't get the deal :\

All new accounts quaify for the 30 day free trial, I took advantage of that years ago. Prime is great if you buy a lot from Amazon as you get 2 day shipping for free and they've added a ton of new content to stream. I've been a Prime member since 2011 and will probably renew again.

My student discount runs out this month, I'm probably going to renew anyway because I love it (Downton Abbey!) but bummer renewing members can't get the deal :\
Yeah my student discount ran out last month, so I couldn't do this renew it this way either.

But I had my dad sign up for Prime with this deal and share the prime benefits with my account. Think you can link up to 4 family Amazon Accounts if you're paying the regular yearly fee.

Asked a CSR if renewing members could get this deal. They told me that they couldn't. I told them I was going to cancel my student prime if they weren't going to give me some sort of deal (which was the truth.)
watch out, we got a badass here

Are you able to buy prime with amazon credit? If so I might upgrade to prime finally.
Nope, I am pretty sure you can't make any "digital" purchases with Amazon credit. I have fought and fought with them before to get $20 applied to a PSN points code when they made those available via email, and they wouldn't do it. I was also unable to apply my credit during the MP3 sale, and I tried using it to purchase Prime with no luck whatsoever. It seems that, unless you are purchasing a physical item that has to be shipped, Amazon credit is useless :(

radioactivez0r said:
It says on mine that when you renew it, it is $40 still. :)

Nope, I am pretty sure you can't make any "digital" purchases with Amazon credit. I have fought and fought with them before to get $20 applied to a PSN points code when they made those available via email, and they wouldn't do it. I was also unable to apply my credit during the MP3 sale, and I tried using it to purchase Prime with no luck whatsoever. It seems that, unless you are purchasing a physical item that has to be shipped, Amazon credit is useless :(
Huh? I've used my amazon credit for digital ms points before.

I've never understood why Amazon never went with a monthly subscription fee, especially now that they're trying to compete with Netflix and Hulu in the streaming arena.  People pay $8-9/month without thinking, but $80/year causes hesitation.  I guess they figure people would just subscribe around the holidays and cancel, but we do that with our yearly free trials anyway.

Amazon Prime is decent but the app on my Panasonic TV is just plain bad.  It's light years behind the Netflix app and it shows that it was set up around buying TV shows and movies, not around a streaming service.  The shipping is great if you buy a lot but with all of my music and video coming in digital form, I don't find myself buying as much from them as I used to.  I hope that once they start releasing their original series that they're as good as the originals that Netflix has released to date.

Amazon Prime is decent but the app on my Panasonic TV is just plain bad. It's light years behind the Netflix app and it shows that it was set up around buying TV shows and movies, not around a streaming service. The shipping is great if you buy a lot but with all of my music and video coming in digital form, I don't find myself buying as much from them as I used to. I hope that once they start releasing their original series that they're as good as the originals that Netflix has released to date.

Get a proper box. TV apps of any of them are horrible.

I'm on a 30 day trial right now and was excited to checkout the Prime streaming TV/movie service. It's basically Netflix, minus a handful of really good Netflix exclusive shows like House of Cards, AD:Season 4 (even though that was terrible), and Orange is the New Black. I was considering a Prime membership if the movie/tv side added a good bit of value, but it seems inferior to Netflix.

I would jump on a $40 student account though...if I were a student.

Prime does have some stuff that Netflix doesn't, and vice-versa.  Off the top of my head, I'm watching Stargate SG-1 on Amazon right now because Netflix pulled it down a while back.  There are a lot of others too.  Here's a link that hopefully will work that shows all of some of the Amazon Prime exclusive content:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=PIVHPBB_Categories_Exclusives?ie=UTF8&bbn=6938769011&lo=instant-video&rh=i%3Ainstant-video%2Cn%3A2858778011%2Cn%3A!3147522011%2Cn%3A!3147524011%2Cn%3A6938769011%2Cp_85%3A2470955011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0AR9ZWX50BCV6W6V9CA7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1576949342&pf_rd_i=2676882011

berzirk said:
I'm on a 30 day trial right now and was excited to checkout the Prime streaming TV/movie service. It's basically Netflix, minus a handful of really good Netflix exclusive shows like House of Cards, AD:Season 4 (even though that was terrible), and Orange is the New Black. I was considering a Prime membership if the movie/tv side added a good bit of value, but it seems inferior to Netflix.

I would jump on a $40 student account though...if I were a student.
I believe they have discounts for mothers and someone else too. Cannot think of the last one. So if you have someone in your household who is a mom, you can do that.

I believe they have discounts for mothers and someone else too. Cannot think of the last one. So if you have someone in your household who is a mom, you can do that.
Unfortunately I think you get discounts on Mom products, but not discounted mom Prime pricing. Might be wrong, but I'll do some more research into it for sure. Thanks!

Yah, here we go: "At the end of the free period, Amazon Mom members will automatically continue receiving the Mom benefits plus additional Amazon Prime benefits for $79 a year."

I've never understood why Amazon never went with a monthly subscription fee, especially now that they're trying to compete with Netflix and Hulu in the streaming arena. People pay $8-9/month without thinking, but $80/year causes hesitation. I guess they figure people would just subscribe around the holidays and cancel, but we do that with our yearly free trials anyway.
They did exactly that for like two weeks last year. I don't know why they discontinued it so abruptly - my guess is annual memberships plunged as people opted to subscribe monthly. Sucks for me since I can't get my Downton Abbey fix with Netflix (they only have the first season).

i buy psn $ Codes with Amazon Credit

bread's done
Back