PlayStation Vita Instant Game Collection Bundle w/ Bonus* Media Stand Kit for $289+FS at Walmart

Seems like a pretty awful deal since you can pick up a used Vita for $120 - $140 and with the rumored price-drop to $199 coming this holiday season. 

Seems like a pretty awful deal since you can pick up a used Vita for $120 - $140 and with the rumored price-drop to $199 coming this holiday season.
I thought at that price range they usually have some form of scratches. The ones at $150-$160 range were close to like new. Not a cowboom expert, but that's what I gathered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought at that price range they usually have some form of scratches. The ones at $150-$160 range were close to like new. Not a cowboom expert, but that's what I gathered.
About a year ago I got a used but "like new" vita from Amazon Warehouse for $170. So imo this isn't a deal.

Since I lost my Vita, I am going to buy one bundled with the PS4 in about a year from now.

@shuino

There are always rumors and stupid comments started by some friend of a friend of a friends friend.
Very true, and all rumors should be taking with a grain of salt. I do still think it is very believable though considering the price hasn't dropped officially once as of yet being released a year and a half ago.

Very true, and all rumors should be taking with a grain of salt. I do still think it is very believable though considering the price hasn't dropped officially once as of yet being released a year and a half ago.
Isn't that true of all those rumors too? They usually spread because people see it happening or want it to and nothing more. I don't see the Vita dropping, since Sony is pushing the PS4 this holiday season and the Vita isn't going to get many sales regardless. Wouldn't make sense to take the thunder away from next gen, just to hype their "dying" console for a few holiday sales. Also the Japanese price drop wasn't that big, nor was it to the point of $200 dollars either.

Isn't that true of all those rumors too? They usually spread because people see it happening or want it to and nothing more. I don't see the Vita dropping, since Sony is pushing the PS4 this holiday season and the Vita isn't going to get many sales regardless. Wouldn't make sense to take the thunder away from next gen, just to hype their "dying" console for a few holiday sales. Also the Japanese price drop wasn't that big, nor was it to the point of $200 dollars either.
With the huge push for remote play on the PS4 and the hype the PS4 has received since E3 it would be very logical for Sony to drop the price say around Black Friday for shoppers to pick that up for Christmas, then pick up a PS4 after the holiday when it's released. Also, as you said the Vita is dying and pretty much as been since release the price has to come done soon.

With the huge push for remote play on the PS4 and the hype the PS4 has received since E3 it would be very logical for Sony to drop the price say around Black Friday for shoppers to pick that up for Christmas. then pick up a PS4 after the holiday when it's released. Also, as you said the Vita is dying and pretty much as been since release the price has to come done soon.
If Sony wanted to "push" remote play, then they would have just said "And you can do this with your Vita at the new price of...", but they didn't. This would have given people MONTHS to try out the system, play Killzone Mercs with the beta key they got from the E3 showcase on Home (along with the 7 "free" plus games with the month of plus.) and so it seems crazy to think they will randomly drop the price with all the PS4 hype just to score Xmas buyers, when people care more about the PS4 / 3 anyway. I mean, just THINK about your logic. Do you really think people are going to buy a "gimmicky" handheld for a system they don't own yet? What sense does it make for someone to claim they bought it for remote play (among one of the dumbest features in my opinion), only to state they didn't get the system for remote play first?

Also the Vita isn't dying... the sales are finally starting to get good in Japan and the US / EU would follow suit if memory cards dropped in price. People flat out dislike the concept of paying $100 dollars to get the "most" out of their system. Some dislike the concept of paying even $50 more, so the sales are poor. If Sony dropped the 32 gb to $30 dollars, then the Vita would sell like crazy. But till the memory cards drop in price, many people will avoid the system.

If Sony wanted to "push" remote play, then they would have just said "And you can do this with your Vita at the new price of...", but they didn't. This would have given people MONTHS to try out the system, play Killzone Mercs with the beta key they got from the E3 showcase on Home (along with the 7 "free" plus games with the month of plus.) and so it seems crazy to think they will randomly drop the price with all the PS4 hype just to score Xmas buyers, when people care more about the PS4 / 3 anyway. I mean, just THINK about your logic. Do you really think people are going to buy a "gimmicky" handheld for a system they don't own yet? What sense does it make for someone to claim they bought it for remote play (among one of the dumbest features in my opinion), only to state they didn't get the system for remote play first?

Also the Vita isn't dying... the sales are finally starting to get good in Japan and the US / EU would follow suit if memory cards dropped in price. People flat out dislike the concept of paying $100 dollars to get the "most" out of their system. Some dislike the concept of paying even $50 more, so the sales are poor. If Sony dropped the 32 gb to $30 dollars, then the Vita would sell like crazy. But till the memory cards drop in price, many people will avoid the system.
The price drop is no where near random as the console has been on store shelves for over a year and a half. Honestly it's ridiculous how the Vita hasn't had an official price drop yet especially with the poor sales figures it has put up globally.(They should have followed what Nintendo did with the 3DS) Also, saying people will not buy a Vita for a system they do not own yet is just unprecedented. The sales for the Vita increased right after E3 due to the hype of the PS4 and the horrible show Microsoft put on for the Xbox One. The general population loves branding and will jump on a bandwagon and buy.

I also don't see how you think remote play is "gimmicky" as well? If it works and done correctly taking any PS4 game on the go streaming to your Vita say over a 4G cellphone would be outstanding although I see that being very unlikely.

As for the Vita dying, it is following the exact same footsteps of the PSP with a very very poor global standing and gaining little footing anywhere outside of Japan. Don't get me wrong I love my PSP and I love my Vita but I play tons of JRPGs which was the PSPs saving grace in my eyes. These games do not have market following here to keep the console alive.

*EDIT* I like you admiralvic, these conversations are what make the interwebs fun:D

The price drop is no where near random as the console has been on store shelves for over a year and a half. Honestly it's ridiculous how the Vita hasn't had an official price drop yet especially with the poor sales figures it has put up globally.(They should have followed what Nintendo did with the 3DS) Also, saying people will not buy a Vita for a system they do not own yet is just unprecedented. The sales for the Vita increased right after E3 due to the hype of the PS4 and the horrible show Microsoft put on for the Xbox One. The general population loves branding and will jump on a bandwagon and buy.

I also don't see how you think remote play is "gimmicky" as well? If it works and done correctly taking any PS4 game on the go streaming to your Vita say over a 4G cellphone would be outstanding although I see that being very unlikely.

As for the Vita dying, it is following the exact same footsteps of the PSP with a very very poor global standing and gaining little footing anywhere outside of Japan. Don't get me wrong I love my PSP and I love my Vita but I play tons of JRPGs which was the PSPs saving grace in my eyes. These games do not have market following here to keep the console alive.
So because a system releases it absolutely must drop in price after a year without fail or question? Okay. I also don't see what your point is with the 3DS, since it was a completely different situation. The system is way weaker than the Vita, but would have the same entry price. Needless to say, the mark up on the 3DS had to be HUGE when it was $250, where as I doubt the mark up on the Vita is that high.

Did you actually read my post or just skim it for things to disagree with? My WHOLE fuck ING POST was about that concept and so was my point. Hence why it started with Sony dropping the price of the Vita in the past, so people could afford both without question and have it to be ready. The thing you're mistaking is that people would OPT for a Vita during the holidays and get the PS4 down the road, which is what you're saying and a completely different situation than buying it early to prep for it.

What does it being a gimmick and actually working have to do with one another? I personally bought my Vita to play Vita games, not to have the ability to play my PS4 on a lesser controller in an area that has wifi strong enough to support whatever the requirements of cross play are. To me cross play is a gimmick, but others are feel to think whatever they want.

Either or, I am not going to have a pointless debate with you all day. If you think the Vita is going to drop $100 dollars, do this and that and all those other things, then more power to ya. In the end, it still makes more sense for them not to drop the price.

Vita sales will continue to pick-up. At least it isn't being outsold by more then 50,000 units by its predecessor (PSP) like the Wii-U is to the Wii.

I just went to the my Sam's Club and they dropped the price of the FEB (First Edition Bundle; 3G with Little Deviants, case and I believe memory card) to 199.xx

Some Sam's Clubs clearanced them out sub $100 a few months ago but those that didn't might have just dropped them to $199.xx

It's not that I don't think a Vita price drop isn't likely to happen soon, but think about it for a minute.  Your average family or even the vast majority of the core gaming community aren't going to be able to afford two new consoles within the span of a month or two, especially during the Holiday season.  I would think Sony is more concerned about getting as many PS4's in as many homes as possible than they are Vita's in the last couple months of this year.  If you drop Vita to try and aggressively start moving units, in the end you're going to have it getting in the way of potential PS4 sales.  I think the logical way to go about this is really push the PS4 as had as they can, while giving all else minimal attention.  Then, after your install base has had a good 2-3 months with their new console, you drop the price on Vita and start pushing remote play around January or February.

It just doesn't make much sense the other way around, but we'll see.

And yes, not the best deal unless you need a new Vita right this moment.  3G is practically useless right now(I have one, even when I "subscribed" to the service for 2 months, it barely got used), so the added benefit from that is basically moot.

To be fair, the Vita has been out for almost 2 years. A price drop is not that much of a surprise. It's not like the Wii U that it just came out.

If you're buying a used handheld, there is a very high likelihood that it was used while the previous owner was taking a shit so now there are shit particles all over it. You better hope he washed his hands.

The more you know.

*Used
*Wi-Fi Vita
*No Original Box
*No Memory
*No AR Cards
*Scratches on the Vita
*Without the Year of PS+
*Without the Unit 13 Voucher
*Without Walmart Gift

*Used
*Wi-Fi Vita
*No Original Box
*No Memory
*No AR Cards
*Scratches on the Vita
*Without the Year of PS+
*Without the Unit 13 Voucher
*Without Walmart Gift
Sad I never got AR cards with my brand new vita. =(

Should I complain to Nintendo and have them send me a pack?

bread's done
Back