Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#31 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for that site. Maybe I'm blind but I couldn't find a link anywhere on Bing.

After looking, it turns out I had redeemed four Tango cards on July 26 with all four saying "Complete."

It's bit calming knowing others are having this issue as well and it's not just me. That tells me it's happening on their end and not mine!

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#32 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Since I've contacted the MS support this morning, I got an email from them with claim code resent to me. :D

So if you guys aren't getting your redemption codes, use the link I posted and have your order number ready.

Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#33 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

I really hate this swap.  I'm up to 5K MP right now just to be safe, but reall that's only what 61.50?  Maybe i shoujld redeem some more.  Then again i only have a year to spend the cash right?  But what if i don't transfer it to Xbox One.  Still go away?

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#34 Karazykid

Karazykid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I really hate this swap.  I'm up to 5K MP right now just to be safe, but reall that's only what 61.50?  Maybe i shoujld redeem some more.  Then again i only have a year to spend the cash right?  But what if i don't transfer it to Xbox One.  Still go away?

If you mean you've got the Bing points saved up to redeem 5,000 MS points, don't forget that right now along with the points only lasting for a week (assuming you're on the beta dashboard) you also get an extra 30 cents per 100 points. I don't know if this works with the 400 point cards, but when I redeem the 100 point ones it adds $1.50 to my account when it should only be like $1.20. With that many points you should be able to get plenty of free stuff on top of whatever you actually wanted to buy.

#35 TrapStar

TrapStar

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Since I've contacted the MS support this morning, I got an email from them with claim code resent to me. :D

So if you guys aren't getting your redemption codes, use the link I posted and have your order number ready.

This worked if anyone else wants to try it. All you have to do is submit a ticket and type up a brief explanation on what is going on and they e-mail you your code.

Thanks MiraiLink. So now I have to do this three more times to get my other gift cards. 

#36 checkerreturns

checkerreturns

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

If I try to redeem something it asks me for my adress agian and agian.

It doesnt save my data...

can somebody tell me how to solve this?

#37 Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

If I try to redeem something it asks me for my adress agian and agian.

It doesnt save my data...

can somebody tell me how to solve this?

Send them an e-mail and they will verify your account within 24 hours. I had to do it with my 4th account. I thought they had banned it. lol Now when I redeem they arrive in like 5 mins.

#38 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Bumping this because of the recent points conversion.

Please share yo experiences with the new $3 voucher bing has to replace microsoft points and whatever else.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#39 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Please share yo experiences with the new $3 voucher bing has to replace microsoft points and whatever else.

New amounts piss me off. Before, you would get 100 MSP ($1.50) for 120 Bing points. Now $3.00 (formerly 240 Bing points) is the minimum and costs 360! What a crock!

#40 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

New amounts piss me off. Before, you would get 100 MSP ($1.50) for 120 Bing points. Now $3.00 (formerly 240 Bing points) is the minimum and costs 360! What a crock!

Ya i want $1.50 cards to i miss redeeming once a week... bing went lower on the list.

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#41 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

son of a  bitch if i would've nown boutt this.... damn.

At least amazon 5 bucks are still beign offered.  But what a BS switch.  i didn't remember waht the old prices were, but I know that it was 360 for 3 bucks.  Glad to see soeone remember.s  I'm holding off redeem for awhile maybe they'll release a 5 buck version w/ more value.

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#42 Tanelorn

Tanelorn

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

MSP from Bing used to be region-free.

Anybody know what happens if you redeem a 3$ digital gift card on a non US account ?

#43 Razorleaf

Razorleaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

not yet. i am saving my credits right now.

but is there still difference between beta and normal dashboard? we should have the same now. so I am wondering what's gonna happen with my cash in 1 week. Had to redeem a few codes yesterday for a DLC but I have still some cash on my account.

hitman_signature.png

#44 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

100 MSP were worth $1.25, not $1.50. The only time they were worth $1.50 was the brief time they were available after the beta update and the cash exchange rounded them up. So it's a 75 cent loss per $3 spent, not $1.50. Not really worth complaining over imo anyway, when it's still basically free "money" at the end of the day.

Posted Image

#45 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

100 MSP were worth $1.25, not $1.50. The only time they were worth $1.50 was the brief time they were available after the beta update and the cash exchange rounded them up. So it's a 75 cent loss per $3 spent, not $1.50. Not really worth complaining over imo anyway, when it's still basically free "money" at the end of the day.

I got $2 and $1.50 was nice. $2 was right after update $1.50 soon after was cool.

#46 Hypnot1zed

Hypnot1zed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Sucks that they raised the price, but I always got the amazon cards anyway. This way I could buy stuff from amazon or turn them into ms points whenever I needed them.

Instagc is the best site to earn gift cards, try it out!  http://www.instagc.com/98027

#47 Ham Salad 360

Ham Salad 360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Bing has also removed the $5 credit for Windows Phone 8 for 525 points, and replaced it with a $3 credit for 360 points. They still offer the $1.25 credit for WP8 for 170 points.

The thing is, all of this credit goes toward your Microsoft account, which was already used on WP8, and is what replaced the MS Points account everyone had on their Xbox. In theory, you should be able to redeem the $1.25 code and add it to your account. I know it's not the same as 100 MSP for 120 points, but it is close.

EDIT: I just redeemed a $1.25 code for WP8 from Bing on xbox.com. The site said I only added $1, but it actually did add $1.25.

#48 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

100 MSP were worth $1.25, not $1.50. The only time they were worth $1.50 was the brief time they were available after the beta update and the cash exchange rounded them up.

I was aware. Still, they were converting at that price and it was pretty sweet.

#49 yars2010

yars2010

Fire Zorlon Cannon !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Bing has also removed the $5 credit for Windows Phone 8 for 525 points, and replaced it with a $3 credit for 360 points. They still offer the $1.25 credit for WP8 for 170 points.

The thing is, all of this credit goes toward your Microsoft account, which was already used on WP8, and is what replaced the MS Points account everyone had on their Xbox. In theory, you should be able to redeem the $1.25 code and add it to your account. I know it's not the same as 100 MSP for 120 points, but it is close.

EDIT: I just redeemed a $1.25 code for WP8 from Bing on xbox.com. The site said I only added $1, but it actually did add $1.25.

Nice, I had no idea about these codes and that they would work on the marketplace. Do you enter the codes just like the old 100 MSP codes on xbox.com? You dont need a Windows Phone 8 either right?

TZrBMwB.jpg CML LINK

#50 Ham Salad 360

Ham Salad 360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Nice, I had no idea about these codes and that they would work on the marketplace. Do you enter the codes just like the old 100 MSP codes on xbox.com? You dont need a Windows Phone 8 either right?

Yes. I redeemed it just like the old 100 MSP codes, and did it on xbox.com. You should not need a WP8, as all your credit now gets posted to your MS Account.

#51 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

It cost 160 for gold users, $5 worth will cost you 800 points. IMO, it's not worth it, just save toward an Amazon gift card.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#52 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

It looks .like the new $3 vouchers are region free BUT don't give you the correct exchange rate. I tried redeeming on a Hungarian, UK, and AU account and they were all going to put 3.00 in. I'm having a hard time explaining this and it's possible I screwed something up but you can test this yourself by putting the code in an xbox console (it shows your projected balance before you confirm to actually go through with inputting the code).

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#53 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, I set my goal to Amazon $3 codes, since they are 30 points cheaper than MS credit. Considering all but one of my accounts gets 15 a day, saving thirty points is a big deal.

#54 Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Damn it! I was getting like $5 worth of msp a week/$20 a month. :bomb:

#55 Greater Malison

Greater Malison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

But will Amazon allow the redeeming of MS cash with gift cards? Or would that fall under their - you cant use gift cards on gift cards rule?

Justice may be blind, but I am not.

#56 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Looks like I'm the odd man out, using Bing to get Groupon. I have plenty of MSP which I got from great deals in the past and Amazon offers really high TiVs. Also, getting a bunch of $5 Groupons to pay for a $10 certificate for a $20 dinner feels awesome.

#57 Tanelorn

Tanelorn

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

It looks .like the new $3 vouchers are region free BUT don't give you the correct exchange rate. I tried redeeming on a Hungarian, UK, and AU account and they were all going to put 3.00 in. I'm having a hard time explaining this and it's possible I screwed something up but you can test this yourself by putting the code in an xbox console (it shows your projected balance before you confirm to actually go through with inputting the code).

Thanks, I hadn't thought about trying it on the console. I'm gonna see what happens on a Canadian account.

#58 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Bing has been holding my Amazon $5 gift card reward hostage since 8/26. An email inquiry states that my account is under investigation, for some odd reason. I don't have multiple accounts, nor do I abuse the system. I get an Amazon gift card maybe once every 30-45 days depending on how dedicated I feel like being to doing Bing searches.

MLIFTgM.gif

#59 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Bing has been holding my Amazon $5 gift card reward hostage since 8/26. An email inquiry states that my account is under investigation, for some odd reason. I don't have multiple accounts, nor do I abuse the system. I get an Amazon gift card maybe once every 30-45 days depending on how dedicated I feel like being to doing Bing searches.

They seem to just randomly hit people with that pretty shady if you ask me. I wish you luck.

#60 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

It cost 160 for gold users, $5 worth will cost you 800 points. IMO, it's not worth it, just save toward an Amazon gift card.

Your math is a little off, it would be 640 BP for $5 MSC. Whereas it was 475/480 for $5 previously. 160 for $1.25 isn't bad if you need credits quicker, however $3 for 360 deal is better.

If have you the patience then getting a $5 Amazon card (475) is the best deal, since it's almost a direct MSP conversion if there's no tax. And as long as Amazon still sells points.