Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U Preorder $49.99

I'm avoiding the WiiU version like a plague thanks to Black Ops 2.

The WiiU was made for childrens and I will only buy kiddie/family games for it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that didn't take long to wii u hate. Of course if people were adults they'd ignore a topic they have no interest in.

Came across this while browsing Amazon for cheap Wii U games which there appear to be plenty of right now. Anyways good deal if you were planning on grabbing it for Wii U or if you're on the fence.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Ghosts-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B00E8A06DO/ref=sr_1_83_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1375667061&sr=1-83&keywords=wii+u
Total score!!! Just pre ordered CoD Ghosts Wii U on Amazon- I also snatched up Windwaker HD while it was temporarily $49.99...

I own Black Ops 2 for Wii U, I wasnt pleased with the lack of DLC but at the same time I cant fault em. The Wii U has on average only about 2,000 players online. If they made DLC available then I bet at most only %25 of people actually download the DLC. So now we are looking at 500 plays online with DLC amongst many game modes.

The lack of players killed the online, most game modes had ZERO games available. I love TDM but sometimes I wanna try others. Hopefully now that the Wii has been out for almost a year we will see a higher turnout.

With that said, I just preordered the game. Thanks TC, im not not pumped for Ghosts but what else am I going to look forward to? Donkey Kong? meh. Besides Ghosts my Wii U will prolly only get WindWaker and Mario.

What is wrong with the Wii U version of Black Ops II?
Nothing. I own it, I beat it, and it's the best version by far. It's the same game as on other versions, but without the 12 year olds talking crap on the lobbies, 3 fully implemented control schemes (gamepad, traditional Wii U Pro Controller, and motion using Wiimote/Nunchuk)- one for whichever your preference may be, and off-tv play on the gamepad. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just trolling Wii U cause he thinks it's the cool thing to do.

To add to TC's thread, Sonic Lost World is also the same price on Amazon, but shit its the same price on gamestop to.

I'd love if the Wii U's games dropped to 49.99. The only downside I see is that people will feel like they are getting a poorer quality game because they are paying less.

With that said, I just preordered the game. Thanks TC, im not not pumped for Ghosts but what else am I going to look forward to? Donkey Kong? meh. Besides Ghosts my Wii U will prolly only get WindWaker and Mario.
Really? You're not pumped for DKC Tropical Freeze?!!! That game is my numero uno- DKC Tropical Freeze gives me a reason to game. I guess everyone has their preferences, and I'm in no position to knock you for what you do or do not like. But if I may ask, did you play the original DKC trilogy? More importantly, did you play DKC Returns? DKC Returns is up there as one of my all time favorite games ever. I played and beat it on Wii, and bought it again on 3DS and just finished it a second time about a month ago. The DKC games are super hard, not for the feint of heart, that's for sure. I love the challenge, and I must say, DKC Returns provided me with more "fun" than any game I've played in a LONG, LONG time. You should really give Tropical Freeze a chance, if you're a platformer fan that is (I assume you are because you said you're looking forward to Mario 3D World)

black ops 2 quickly & completely turned me off of buying multiplats on wii u so ill pass. hopefully they will actually support this one with dlc & actual gamepad features for the people that do buy it. My wii u will just stay off untill smash & maybe mario kart.

Really? You're not pumped for DKC Tropical Freeze?!!! That game is my numero uno- DKC Tropical Freeze gives me a reason to game. I guess everyone has their preferences, and I'm in no position to knock you for what you do or do not like. But if I may ask, did you play the original DKC trilogy? More importantly, did you play DKC Returns? DKC Returns is up there as one of my all time favorite games ever. I played and beat it on Wii, and bought it again on 3DS and just finished it a second time about a month ago. The DKC games are super hard, not for the feint of heart, that's for sure. I love the challenge, and I must say, DKC Returns provided me with more "fun" than any game I've played in a LONG, LONG time. You should really give Tropical Freeze a chance, if you're a platformer fan that is (I assume you are because you said you're looking forward to Mario 3D World)
I actually think DK freeze will be a great game. My beef is that I have a hard time paying $60 for a game when I can go and buy a SNES donkey kong game and enjoy it just as much. I have the 2nd DK from SNES on my Wii, I love it. I recently bought Donkey Kong Returns for the Wii and I love it.

Ill wait for Freeze to drop to $30 before I buy it. Im in no rush to get it. Hell looking back I wish I had waited on a bunch of Wii games. I just bough Metroid Prime 3 today for $7.99... Nows the time to buy those Wii games because I see first party Nintendo games like Battalion Wars 2 and ExciteTruck going for $5 at gamestop. I love it, on the flipside the gamecube games have now gone in reverse and are becoming more pricey online because they cant be found at gamestop.

I actually think DK freeze will be a great game. My beef is that I have a hard time paying $60 for a game when I can go and buy a SNES donkey kong game and enjoy it just as much. I have the 2nd DK from SNES on my Wii, I love it. I recently bought Donkey Kong Returns for the Wii and I love it.

Ill wait for Freeze to drop to $30 before I buy it. Im in no rush to get it. Hell looking back I wish I had waited on a bunch of Wii games. I just bough Metroid Prime 3 today for $7.99... Nows the time to buy those Wii games because I see first party Nintendo games like Battalion Wars 2 and ExciteTruck going for $5 at gamestop. I love it, on the flipside the gamecube games have now gone in reverse and are becoming more pricey online because they cant be found at gamestop.
It's true, the original trilogy still, to this day, are some of the funnest games ever made. I've just played and beat them all and am ready for another one. I'm horrible at waiting for games to drop in price, especially games I love like DKC. Hell, I think I have every single 1st party Wii U and 3DS game pre ordered, as well as every single 3rd party Wii U game that's not dance/fitness. I try to come to CAG to find deals because I know I'm not going to be able to wait to buy anything lol.

What's your take on Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101? I love Pikmin, ever since I bought the overpriced originals for $30 and $40 respectively. Not sure what to expect with Wonderful 101, but like Pikmin 3 I pre ordered it, and am hopeful that the game will be as good as I think it will. So far Hideki Kamiya has a pretty impressive portfolio (Bayonetta, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Okami), and I'd be surprised if W101 wasn't up to scratch... [crosses fingers hopefully as not to jinx it]

Total score!!! Just pre ordered CoD Ghosts Wii U on Amazon- I also snatched up Windwaker HD while it was temporarily $49.99...
Me too. Absolutely loved BLOPS 2 on Wii U as off-TV play was heaven sent. Thanks OP got my pre-order in now.

What is wrong with the Wii U version of Black Ops II?
Support is almost non-existant, Team Deathmatch is basically the only mode with people on it, tops of 2,000 people online compared to 300,000 on other consoles. That gives you alot of modes going empty and basically leaves you with TDM. Same for Zombies, pretty much empty. Also zero DLC, if that's your thing. This game thrives on the community, without it, it's nothing. If you're a huge fan of the series, the Wii U version is to avoid. The off-tv play is awesome though and hope that the Vita implements this well with the PS4. The off-tv was the reason I picked it up on the Wii U earlier and it didn't disappoint. Don't have it anymore though.

I'm pretty sure the people getting this for the Wii U are the people that don't care for multiplayer. That includes me. While I'm having a hard time deciding between this or the Ps4 version...it's not the multiplayer that's the deciding factor. Pretending that people expect an outstanding multiplayer on a Nintendo console is rediculous.

I'm pretty sure the people getting this for the Wii U are the people that don't care for multiplayer. That includes me. While I'm having a hard time deciding between this or the Ps4 version...it's not the multiplayer that's the deciding factor. Pretending that people expect an outstanding multiplayer on a Nintendo console is rediculous.
I'm not a big multiplayer guy either. I bought Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on Wii U for the campaign, and I thought it was pretty good tbh. I chose CoD Ghosts on Wii U over PS4 because I value the gamepad integration over graphics, Wii U Pro Controller comfort and Wiimote/Nunchuk motion control over the Dualshock, and free online vs paid subscription. Same reason I pre ordered Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4 on Wii U over the PS4. Watch Dogs looks like it was MADE for the Wii U. Assassin's Creed 4 not so much- it doesn't use a good Wiimote/Nunchuk setup and the gamepad integration, if anything like AC3, is minimal. But the online mode will still be free, and after comparing the graphics for the 2 versions, I gotta say I'm not that impressed with the PS4 version, though it will contain a little extra content with Aveline from the Vita spinoff.

Eh. I remember them doing a study and something like 60% of CoD players didn't even bother with the campaign.
I bought Black Ops 2 on Wii U because I decided to wait so I'd have something to play at launch.

You're right-- how dare people expect a similar experience for the same $60.

I didn't expect a huge turnout for Black Ops 2 because it came out so much later than the other versions.
And looking at it now, the Wii U userbase isn't even that big to begin with.

The Wii U hate isn't justified. I will agree however that this is probably the worse version you could buy. No DLC, and the online is crap compared to what Sony & Microsoft have in place. If someone owns a PS3 or 360 then I don't see why they would even consider the Wii U version.

I think most people buy a Wii U for first party games and could care less about Call of Duty.

The Wii U hate isn't justified. I will agree however that this is probably the worse version you could buy. No DLC, and the online is crap compared to what Sony & Microsoft have in place. If someone owns a PS3 or 360 then I don't see why they would even consider the Wii U version.

I think most people buy a Wii U for first party games and could care less about Call of Duty.
I own the game on both the triple and the Wii U. I really like the ability to play without the TV on the wii u, for some situations it really comes in handy. Sucks about the DLC though, and I seem to have more connections issues then on the ps3.

that said, I'll probably end up buying it on the wii u, just to support 3rd party titles on the machine.

Good deal for those that want it. Amazon has had a few games listed lower that ended up being under MSRP lately 

Arcania Complete Tale for 360 was $20 and ended up being bumped to $30

Zelda Wind Waker HD for Wii U was $50 and now It's $60

Fable Anniversary was quoted by MS to be $40 but It's still $30 on the Amazon site.

I'd say pre-order this now just incase. You can always cancel before release.

I think it boils down to which experience you're buying it for. If you don't care about single player, and want online experience only, then perhaps the Wii U version is not the best for you (unless you're a fan of Wiimote/Nunchuk and refuse to play any other way). But as far as single player, I find it hard to justify NOT buying it for Wii U. There's gamepad integration, offscreen play, there's an alternative Wiimote/Nunchuk control setup, and the Wii U Pro Controller (imo) is the most comfortable, ergonomic traditional controller I've ever held- they really nailed it with the Wii U Pro Controller. So yeah, I think it just depends on which experience you're buying the game for.

As for your comment about most ppl buying a Wii U for 1st party titles, that's definitely true. Why else buy a Nintendo console but for their games and unique hardware experiences? But I wouldn't go so far as to say ppl don't care about Call of Duty. I am a big Nintendo gamer, but first and foremost I'm a gamer, and love the Call of Duty campaigns every year. I don't play many 1st person shooters, but every year I'll treat myself to the newest CoD, run through the campaign, and I'm good on FPSs for another year. I think the common wisdom that Nintendo gamers ONLY care about Nintendo games gets exaggerated a bit. I mean, I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if I speak for many here: I prefer Nintendo games above all else, but I still love other games. Does that make sense at all?

I think Ghosts will offer a bigger multiplayer base than Black Ops II did. More people should own a Wii U by then and people would upgrade. Remember, it's releasing in November. Big releases like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Tropical Breeze, Batman, and Splinter Cell should be out by then. The install base should have grown quite a bit compared to launch Wii U Black Ops II numbers.

I loved BO2 on the Wii U. I dont know what it was, maybe the age of the player base but people on that MP sucked...whenever I played it was basically a 5 min slaughter. On the other hand I get on the 360 and I just get tossed like a rag doll.

EDIT: Also on the Wii U my wife would play too, she could use the gamepad as her own screen and I would play with the pro controller on the TV. Split screen without actually splitting the screen is OK in my book.

I'll wait for a better deal, but when I eventually do get CoD Ghosts it will be the WiiU version for sure.

Free online play, and excellent Wiimote + Nunchuk pointer controls.

Plus, in multiplayer you can let one person play off the Game Pad while the other person plays off the TV. Much more convenient than split-screen. You can do this together online also.

Eh. I remember them doing a study and something like 60% of CoD players didn't even bother with the campaign.
I bought Black Ops 2 on Wii U because I decided to wait so I'd have something to play at launch.

You're right-- how dare people expect a similar experience for the same $60.

I didn't expect a huge turnout for Black Ops 2 because it came out so much later than the other versions.
And looking at it now, the Wii U userbase isn't even that big to begin with.

It's not the same $60. It's $49.99. Wah wah wah.

Also...considering the gamepad has different features its hardly a way to call either version the same in any way. Nice try though.

How does amazon go about shipping preorders? (Specifically, WHEN do they ship them?). On realease day? Before release day for scheduled delivery on release day?

Never preordered online before; any help is appreciated.

How does amazon go about shipping preorders? (Specifically, WHEN do they ship them?). On realease day? Before release day for scheduled delivery on release day?

Never preordered online before; any help is appreciated.
It depends on the game, I usually get games that come out on Tuesdays the same day. You can always pre-order the game and it will give you an estimated delivery date under your order history.

actually if i was ever going to buy a cod game, i would buy it on the wiiu.

1. nintendo gamers are more innocent in general and more appreciative of noncompetitive games with less ego

2. not as many people have mics and more of the ones that do are likely to be older 

3. if there were more kids theyd be easy to decimate so you would have a good time

4. cod isnt groundbreaking so the wii version wont be hampered by sys specs

5. free online.

im never buying one of these type game but id argue wii owners get the best version so long as games are full. i cant believe i just defended cod and a third party wii game. gonna go take a shower.

CAG is getting pretty bad with people having to make stupid comments in every Wii U deal thread.
I forgot how sensitive Nintendo fanboys are since the WiiU has become a total flop. So just to clarify I do have a WiiU and a Wii and A 3DS and a DSi and a Gamecube and a SNES, all bought at launch. I'm just not blinded by fanboysim. And I have the balls to call it what it is.

WiiU.jpg

People like you are why we can't have nice things.
Actually it's people like you are the reason why we can't have nice things, people who take developers hals-ass port in the ass and than ask for some more.

After reading the response in this thread I can see why developers don't give a crap about making anything decent on Nintendo consoles. Why put effort and money into making WiiU games when Nintendo fans are perfectly happy with half-ass ports and rehash.

I don't think it is a bad port, just no dlc. That doesn't bother me personally since I probably wouldn't have bought it but I understand people's gripes. The off tv play makes it THE version for me.

I forgot how sensitive Nintendo fanboys are since the WiiU has become a total flop. So just to clarify I do have a WiiU and a Wii and A 3DS and a DSi and a Gamecube and a SNES, all bought at launch. I'm just not blinded by fanboysim. And I have the balls to call it what it is.

WiiU.jpg
First of all, you should work on your grammar and spelling skills. Deader2818 has a point about all the stupid comments made in the Wii U thread. Nobody cares that you bought the console at launch, and if you hate playing Black Ops on the Wii U, remember it is on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Also, you look like a tool, because you took the time to take and then upload a picture of a Wii U with your CAG username in it. Next, most of the ports to the Wii U have not been half-ass, the experience on Wii U is the same, except BLOPS 2 didn't get DLC. Microsoft and Sony rehash their games as well. Finally, if you are not a Nintendo fan, then why the hell did you "buy all those consoles at launch"? :roll:

On topic, I just pre-ordered my copy. I love the offscreen play, that way I can watch tv at the same time. Has it been confirmed that the Wii U version will not be getting DLC?

Nothing. I own it, I beat it, and it's the best version by far. It's the same game as on other versions, but without the 12 year olds talking crap on the lobbies, 3 fully implemented control schemes (gamepad, traditional Wii U Pro Controller, and motion using Wiimote/Nunchuk)- one for whichever your preference may be, and off-tv play on the gamepad. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just trolling Wii U cause he thinks it's the cool thing to do.
Or maybe you just have a different perspective.

From what my friend tells me that online is lacking especially for non popular games.

And one of the bigger selling points for the BO, zombies, didn't have any of the DLC to complete the story. Which would just be annoying.

First of all, you should work on your grammar and spelling skills. Deader2818 has a point about all the stupid comments made in the Wii U thread. Nobody cares that you bought the console at launch, and if you hate playing Black Ops on the Wii U, remember it is on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Also, you look like a tool, because you took the time to take and then upload a picture of a Wii U with your CAG username in it. Next, most of the ports to the Wii U have not been half-ass, the experience on Wii U is the same, except BLOPS 2 didn't get DLC. Microsoft and Sony rehash their games as well. Finally, if you are not a Nintendo fan, then why the hell did you "buy all those consoles at launch"? :roll:

On topic, I just pre-ordered my copy. I love the offscreen play, that way I can watch tv at the same time. Has it been confirmed that the Wii U version will not be getting DLC?
Ouch! Looks like I touched a nerve. Lol

You have fun with your little Call of Duty game okay kiddo.

Thanks for confirming this.

I forgot how sensitive Nintendo fanboys are since the WiiU has become a total flop.

Ouch! Looks like I touched a nerve. Lol

You have fun with your little Call of Duty game okay kiddo.

Thanks for confirming this.
Actually, each point I made was clear and concise. I am not being sensitive, I just disagree with your opinion. You dodging the argument and attacking the speaker happens to be the oldest fallacy in the book. The Wii U is not a flop (it has sold 3.6 million units thus far), just yet if it still struggles after next year, then maybe it will be considered a flop.

Oh, and I am not a kid, I am 26 and just recently become board certified in Internal Medicine. Nice try though! :lol:

heatfan1121 your easily baited & riled up. seeing you resort to grammar correction reminds me of gamefaqs. you two should probably take this argument there. also we all know about you supposedly being a m.d. you mention it in almost every argument you get into on here. romee the way your going about showing your issues with wii u are just going to start arguments. i can respect your opinion. i actually agree with alot of it, but just tone it down.

bread's done
Back