Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Madden 25 Fan's League! Spots Open! Regular Season Week 1 Deadline 4/18!

Madden 25 League Gentlemens JV Fans Football

• Please log in to reply
1646 replies to this topic

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

fantallleft_zps195a0224.giffansleaguelogo_zps45f2bc0b.jpgfantallright_zps72c06985.gif

Introduction

Hello, everybody! Much like the Material Girl, herself, CAG League Sports has continued to find ways to reinvent its Madden League. After yearly incarnations dubbed the JV League and the Gentlemen's League, this year, we're putting the focus on representing your team colors with the Fan's League. Members will only be allowed to participate as their favorite team in real life. Distributing the "elite teams" fairly among members has always been a challenge, and until there is some kind of system for reasonably measuring how good one member is compared to another, things always get mixed up anyway...whether it's due to new members joining without us having a good idea of their skill level, or through returning members looking to gain an advantage by picking a team that gives them the best chance to win.

Both of these things lead to a league where people are given advantages that they didn't necessarily earn. At least by having everyone represent their favorite team, you can know that each member has a personal attachment to the team they are playing as. Sure, there's still going to be a difference in skill level, but there's only so much we can do about that. Hopefully, overall, this will make the league more enjoyable though.

How We Do Things

Despite the new moniker...this is still the JV League...and it's still the Gentlemen's League...and it should be treated as such. This league is not for people who dominate at Madden. If you know all the ins and outs of the game, win the majority of your ranked games, and have little trouble beating the computer on All-Madden mode regardless of which team you use, you shouldn't be playing here. This is a league for people who are not at that point yet and still have things to learn about the game. Anyone who joins looking to take advantage of the perceived "lower competition" will be removed promptly.

I'd like the league to be as self-sustaining as possible: no nonsense, no constant reminders to play right, a non-negotiable expectation to keep up with the thread, being responsive to PMs, etc. And if people show any difficulty sticking to that, they're gone. What I'd like to avoid is the whole mentality of caring more about winning than caring about playing right. Also, having so and so's friend's, brother's, uncle who likes Madden, but has no idea what this thread is or even what CAG is can be a hinderance more often than not. If you want to be a part of the league, be a part of the league.

Once again, this year, we will be changing a few policies and rules. First and foremost will be the return of the trade cap. Despite Madden's in-game salary cap and roster management system, it still left people too many loopholes when trading and/or signing superstar players. I can at least give EA credit for trying to incorporate team finances, but when people know they're dealing with a limited season league, it lets them know there are certain things they can take advantage of. So, definitely expect a limitation on trades per season and contract lengths. These policies will only be put in place to make for a more realistic league though...so hopefully most people won't have a problem with that.

Anybody who thinks they would be a good fit for the Fan's League, feel free to voice your interest, introduce yourself, let us know who your team is, weigh in on league policies, bounce around some ideas, etc. As always, with a new Madden, I'm hopeful that we'll continue to move in a positive direction and that playing as your favorite team will provide more enjoyment for everyone involved.

League Website

http://www.easports....ome/358979.xbox

Releasing a Player From the Website
1. Log in
2. Click on "Team"
3. Find the player you want to cut
4. Click on him and choose "View Player"
5. Click "Take Action" and then choose "Release Player"

League Rules and Policies (Subject to Change as New Game Info is Released)

Members

Team | CAG Name (click to send private message) | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | Availability
Any team listed as *OPEN* may be taken...provided that you are a fan of that team

AFC EAST
Buffalo Bills | *OPEN*
Miami Dolphins | *OPEN*
New England Patriots | *OPEN*
New York Jets | HooRox | DarkSabreFury | EST | ???

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens | *OPEN*
Cincinnati Bengals | pitfallharry219 | pitfallharry219 | EST | ???
Cleveland Browns | *OPEN*
Pittsburgh Steelers | *OPEN*

AFC SOUTH
Houston Texans | *OPEN*
Indianapolis Colts | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | MST | Evenings
Jacksonville Jaguars | *OPEN*
Tennessee Titans | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CST | Sun - 11AM-8PM CST, Mon-Thu - 5-8PM CST, Fri - 5PM-2AM CST, Sat - anytime

AFC WEST
Denver Broncos | KasterDB | KasterDB | EST | Mon, Wed, Fri - 12pm-12am, Tue, Thur - 3:30pm-12am, Sat, Sun - 11am-12am
Kansas City Chiefs | *OPEN*
Oakland Raiders | *OPEN*
San Diego Chargers | *OPEN*

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys | *OPEN*
New York Giants | jza1218 | statnut28 | EST | ???
Philadelphia Eagles | *OPEN*
Washington Redskins | bfauble83 | bfauble83 | EST | 5PM - 10PM during the week & various times on weekends

NFC NORTH
Chicago Bears | *OPEN*

Detroit Lions | *OPEN*
Green Bay Packers | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | PST | 3:30PM - 9PM PST
Minnesota Vikings | *OPEN*

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons | *OPEN*
Carolina Panthers | Dark Rider | BrownWing | EST | ???
New Orleans Saints | *OPEN*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers | *OPEN*

NFC WEST
Arizona Cardinals | *OPEN*
San Francisco 49ers | *OPEN*
Seattle Seahawks | *OPEN*

St. Louis Rams | *OPEN*

*X = Strike

Waiting List

Past Champions
Madden 25

Season 1 - Tennessee Titans (n8rockerasu)

Season 2 - Tennessee Titans (n8rockerasu)

Madden 13
Season 1 - Miami Dolphins (Chetty12)
Season 2 - Detroit Lions (perdition(troy)

Season 3 - Denver Broncos (Dark Rider)

Madden 12
Season 1 - Green Bay Packers (pitfallharry219)
Season 2 - Green Bay Packers (pitfallharry219)
Season 3 - New York Giants (lvpatriots)

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Reserved

#3 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Reserved #2

#4 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Cowboys

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#5 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

I absolutely love the banner. Here's to good year of Madden!

#6 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

DVO has already sent me three trade offers. Just kidding. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this format works out.

#7 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

DVO has already sent me three trade offers. Just kidding. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this format works out.

lol u only got 3 of them

Madden 25

#8 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

can't wait. hopefully i'll be able to improve my game, especially in the divison. jza is a tough opponent and joeypoley was as well if he joins back

#9 bfauble83

bfauble83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

I would like to join and play as the Redskins.  I tried the regular Madden League a few years ago and wasn't as competitive as I would have liked.  Hopefully this JV/Fan league will be more my speed.

Posted Image

#10 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

This is our first problem with this format. Joely's a Skins fan, right? Should returning owners get priority? It may be a moot point, though, as I don't think he has given any indication on whether he's joining back up this year.

#11 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

This is our first problem with this format. Joely's a Skins fan, right? Should returning owners get priority? It may be a moot point, though, as I don't thinnk he has given any indication on whether he's joining back up this year.

I would agree, however, I haven't seen any indication that he's coming back.

#12 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

This is our first problem with this format. Joely's a Skins fan, right? Should returning owners get priority? It may be a moot point, though, as I don't thinnk he has given any indication on whether he's joining back up this year.

I'm pretty sure he is. I just sent him a PM to see if he plans on getting Madden 25 on 360 and/or plans on playing in the league again. I think it would be only fair to give returning players seniority. If we wanted to put new players on the "wait list" and consider allowing them to fill in remaining teams (assuming they'd want to), that would be an option. The other choice would be to remain strict, turn people away, and leave those teams open. I could see arguments for both cases.

I mean, I kinda figured the format wouldn't go perfectly smoothly out of the gate. But I would like to see the long term attachment to teams. As opposed to last year, where we had our most dedicated players taking random teams...while their favorite team went through 3-4 different owners. That just seems kinda dumb.

I will say though, at least we have no reason to question bfauble's fandom, haha.

#13 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'd like to participate with the Cowboys if possible.

#14 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Of course I'll be back. 

ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#15 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'll be back. Though disappointed I won't get to try to beat Dark Rider in division this year :)

Ravens. Can't remember if we had a big Ravens fan or not, so if someone is a HUGE fan I'll step aside. I'm not a diehard NFL fan like other sports.

#16 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'll take the vikings iff i can.

Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself

#17 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

I had the giants last season, but Im cowboys fan in real life. Idk how you guys wanna work it. 

#18 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

You guys know I'm all about the Broncos!

Check out my podcast, Kind of a Talk Show, on iTunes and like it at facebook.com/koats
166876.png

#19 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

So we've got three people wanting the Cowboys (owned by none of them last year), and two people wanting the Redskins (one was the owner from last year).

#20 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Ok, starting to get crazy in here, lol. Let's clear up some of this.

Since Joelypoley has confirmed he's coming back, and he had the Redskins last year and is actually a fan, I think it's only fair that he gets them.

We've got 3 people going after the Cowboys. DVO and Superstar have seniority over jbake, so that knocks him out of it. But DVO was also fairly gung-ho about replacing me as commissioner last year and jumping on the new league bandwagon (his avatar still kind of reflects this), so he kinda Romo'd himself there, lol. Superstar, the Cowboys are yours.

The Broncos go to Kaster. I was going to just put him down when I wrote up the OP, but I wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it since he expressed some concern before. Like I've said though, ultimately, somebody has to take these teams...and I'm of the opinion that you're not going to do much better than awarding them to legitimate fans who have shown long-term loyalty to this league. Regardless of whether we have a full league or not, if there's a majority of us playing as our favorite team, it should be more enjoyable than doing a single-player offline franchise (which is what many of us would do if we couldn't have our favorite team isn't it?)

As for the Ravens, Konfusion had them last year...and I think he is a Ravens fan. However, there were some run ins with him as well in that final season concerning the way he built his team. I have no idea if he even has any desire to return...but some things definitely need to be cleared up there.

Also, on that subject (building your team around speed TEs), I want to say this, if Madden ends up not making any changes in terms of allowing you to set defensive assignments or even how plays show up in the play selection screen (ie. plays that show as 2 or 3 TE sets actually being 4 wide shotguns), I would like to propose banning using the Patriots offensive playbook. I feel like this was the obvious tool of choice in terms of reaping the unfair TE benefits because not only did it feature numerous TE heavy plays, but it had those trick formations that felt very misrepresentative. In that same regard, if custom playbooks are usable online this year, I doubt we'll allow them either. I feel like that stuff is just begging for exploitation. Until EA figures out how to balance offense and defense, I feel like we should stay away from anything that makes offenses even more potent. Obviously, opinions are welcome on these topics.

#21 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

And again, I'm up for suggestions on what we do with people who don't get their favorite team. Just off the top of my head, these are our options.

1. Turn them away and keep the league "FANS ONLY", knowing that this will mean more CPU teams.

2. Wait until all of the fans have claimed their teams and allow them to choose from the remaining teams. This could mean they actually end up with a better team than who they're a fan of.

3. Wait until all of the fans have claimed their teams and do a random drawing to assign them a team. They could still end up with a better team than who they're a fan of...but it would be luck of the draw.

#22 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

I like option one.

#23 jbake_11

jbake_11

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Ok, starting to get crazy in here, lol. Let's clear up some of this.

Since Joelypoley has confirmed he's coming back, and he had the Redskins last year and is actually a fan, I think it's only fair that he gets them.

We've got 3 people going after the Cowboys. DVO and Superstar have seniority over jbake, so that knocks him out of it. But DVO was also fairly gung-ho about replacing me as commissioner last year and jumping on the new league bandwagon (his avatar still kind of reflects this), so he kinda Romo'd himself there, lol. Superstar, the Cowboys are yours.

The Broncos go to Kaster. I was going to just put him down when I wrote up the OP, but I wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it since he expressed some concern before. Like I've said though, ultimately, somebody has to take these teams...and I'm of the opinion that you're not going to do much better than awarding them to legitimate fans who have shown long-term loyalty to this league. Regardless of whether we have a full league or not, if there's a majority of us playing as our favorite team, it should be more enjoyable than doing a single-player offline franchise (which is what many of us would do if we couldn't have our favorite team isn't it?)

As for the Ravens, Konfusion had them last year...and I think he is a Ravens fan. However, there were some run ins with him as well in that final season concerning the way he built his team. I have no idea if he even has any desire to return...but some things definitely need to be cleared up there.

Also, on that subject (building your team around speed TEs), I want to say this, if Madden ends up not making any changes in terms of allowing you to set defensive assignments or even how plays show up in the play selection screen (ie. plays that show as 2 or 3 TE sets actually being 4 wide shotguns), I would like to propose banning using the Patriots offensive playbook. I feel like this was the obvious tool of choice in terms of reaping the unfair TE benefits because not only did it feature numerous TE heavy plays, but it had those trick formations that felt very misrepresentative. In that same regard, if custom playbooks are usable online this year, I doubt we'll allow them either. I feel like that stuff is just begging for exploitation. Until EA figures out how to balance offense and defense, I feel like we should stay away from anything that makes offenses even more potent. Obviously, opinions are welcome on these topics.

Being a cowboys fan, im ok with the decision of passing over me to get the team, oh well. Now on to the playbook thing, the cowboys are going with a TE heavy playbook this year too, so if your going to ban the patriots playbook, the cowboys one should also be considered. 

#24 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

And again, I'm up for suggestions on what we do with people who don't get their favorite team. Just off the top of my head, these are our options.

1. Turn them away and keep the league "FANS ONLY", knowing that this will mean more CPU teams.

2. Wait until all of the fans have claimed their teams and allow them to choose from the remaining teams. This could mean they actually end up with a better team than who they're a fan of.

3. Wait until all of the fans have claimed their teams and do a random drawing to assign them a team. They could still end up with a better team than who they're a fan of...but it would be luck of the draw.

I like #3, but I think preference should go to returning players without a team before we hand out an available team to a new player. After all it isn't DVO and jbakes fault that someone else likes the same team as them so they shouldn't be left out in the cold. That is just my opinion.

ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!

#25 twick87

twick87

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Ill take the Bills

#26 bfauble83

bfauble83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'd be willing to take a different team if that option is voted in, please add me to the waitlist if you go that route.

Posted Image

#27 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Well i guess let me know if i'm in or not. my second favorite team would be the chiefs if i had to choose one since i'm from kansas and now live in KC. 

Madden 25

#28 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for adding me to the OP. My availability is usually between 3:30-9 P.M. Pacific time.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#29 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Being a cowboys fan, im ok with the decision of passing over me to get the team, oh well. Now on to the playbook thing, the cowboys are going with a TE heavy playbook this year too, so if your going to ban the patriots playbook, the cowboys one should also be considered. 

Well, it's going to be more dependent on how similar to last year's Madden things are. At this point, the general rule I've learned with EA is to assume that nothing has changed, lol. Honestly, if just defensive assignments were brought back, I don't think we'd have to worry about it. But with a lack of defensive assignments, and the deceptiveness of "running sets" actually being "go deep" plays, I feel like it creates an unfair advantage. We'll see if any of those things are corrected or if the Cowboys playbook resembles the Pats playbook in those ways.

I like #3, but I think preference should go to returning players without a team before we hand out an available team to a new player. After all it isn't DVO and jbakes fault that someone else likes the same team as them so they shouldn't be left out in the cold. That is just my opinion.

Yeah, that's definitely the idea. The objective here is just to create more stability. My logic is if we have fans filling these teams, they'll hopefully be less likely to abandon them midway through the franchise or just completely decimate the roster through trades. For right now, I'm putting our "duplicate fans" on the waiting list until we get a little closer to launch and see what spots are still open.

Ill take the Bills

Got you added.

I'd be willing to take a different team if that option is voted in, please add me to the waitlist if you go that route.

No problem. Got you on the waiting list. I appreciate you understanding.

Well i guess let me know if i'm in or not. my second favorite team would be the chiefs if i had to choose one since i'm from kansas and now live in KC. 

Hmm...other than your brother, I'm not sure we've had any Chiefs fans in here. I could see that working out.

Thanks for adding me to the OP. My availability is usually between 3:30-9 P.M. Pacific time.

Updated your availability. Anybody else who needs theirs updated, just let me know. I mostly copy/pasted what we had from last year.

#30 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hmm...other than your brother, I'm not sure we've had any Chiefs fans in here. I could see that working out.

I can say that over the past 3 years I've never seen another Chiefs fan, at least not one that would admit it.

XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz