Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

:360: Dead Space 3 - $14.99 Free Shipping

:ps3: Dead Space 3 - $14.99 Free Shipping

#2 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Not bad for those who missed the $10 target pm deal is the online worth the pass?

#3 KRS

KRS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Was excited to see this deal...until I read the GF user reviews. Ammo microtransactions? No thanks. Then I remembered I only got halfway through Dead Space 2.

#4 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Tempted to rebuy this on PS3. Although 4 playthroughs on 360 kinda wore me out. Dont know If I can manage another 4 for PS3 for the trophies. Great game. And to those who complain about micro transactions...its simple. DONT BUY THEM! No one is forcing your hand and resources are plentiful playing naturally.

512847.png

#5 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Tempted to rebuy this on PS3. Although 4 playthroughs on 360 kinda wore me out. Dont know If I can manage another 4 for PS3 for the trophies. Great game. And to those who complain about micro transactions...its simple. DONT BUY THEM! No one is forcing your hand and resources are plentiful playing naturally.

Based off your playing it could u see a complete version? I know this & crysis under performed & EA hasn't done complete for DS before. But I wonder if they go complete to get more sales with a $30 price tag or a trilogy(PS3 exclusive quad w/extraction) pack for $40.

#6 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

What you mean? Like a rerelease with the one DLC for Dead Space 3? That seems like a waste. A collection with all three games seems possible, though I wouldnt count on it.

512847.png

#7 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

damn 4 playthroughs? lol do you get pay to playthrough it, or something.

#8 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

damn 4 playthroughs? lol do you get pay to playthrough it, or something.

Im a completionist. I max out all games eventually. Trophies/achievements are added fun. Unless its Rockstar and someones adds it to my profile without me knowing. As I hate Rockstar. Worst developer ever.  :booty:

512847.png

#9 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Oh, there's little DLC for it well then no need for complete. I've only beat DS1 2/3 are in the backlog. I want the franchise to grow but not based off forced MP like EA wants. They want 6-8 million sales when the franchise isn't RE.

#10 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Oh, there's little DLC for it well then no need for complete. I've only beat DS1 2/3 are in the backlog. I want the franchise to grow but not based off forced MP like EA wants. They want 6-8 million sales when the franchise isn't RE.

There is one DLC for each 2 and 3. I believe 3 has awakening and 2 had severed. Both are about 1 hour and a half of gameplay. Really short. 

512847.png

#11 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Game kinda sucks. Even at $10 it was tough getting through it. I say pass unless you have a co-op partner and a big fan of Dead Space 2.

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#12 teharistocrat

teharistocrat

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Game kinda sucks. Even at $10 it was tough getting through it. I say pass unless you have a co-op partner and a big fan of Dead Space 2.

I'm a huge fan of DS1 and 2, and I have a partner for jolly cooperation.  :)

Thanks OP!

#13 midloo

midloo

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

This game was $10 at Target?  Wish I had seen that.  

Regardless, thanks, OP.  BOUGHT. 

Posted Image

#14 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Excellent deal for an excellent game.  Play in co-op if you can.  I bought at launch and had a great time. 

#15 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

This game was $10 at Target?  Wish I had seen that.  

there was a $30 price match combined w/$20 off w/$1 pre-order so $11 + tax.

#16 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Passed on the $10 Target opportunity because didn't want to spend gas money. $10 GF sale, I believe in you, firmly.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17 x PlaTtiNum

x PlaTtiNum

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Was excited to see this deal...until I read the GF user reviews. Ammo microtransactions? No thanks. Then I remembered I only got halfway through Dead Space 2.

dude the gamefly reviews are shit trust me..dont ever pay attention to those reviews theyre full of trolls

#18 grantland

grantland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

Am I mistaken, or do Gamefly's used games come with DLC codes/online passes/etc. intact? Can anyone confirm? Also, is there anything like that for Dead Space 3 or can I buy this without concern? Thanks in advance.

#19 grantland

grantland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

Or maybe my question is irrelevant, since EA retroactively removed the online pass requirement...

#20 decayedmatter

decayedmatter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Or maybe my question is irrelevant, since EA retroactively removed the online pass requirement...

Yea i'm not sure if they removed the online pass requirement for DS3 yet as they were doing it game by game, but I am almost positive gamefly always gives you online passes with their used games (as they don't send out the online passes with the games when they rent them out)

#21 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yea i'm not sure if they removed the online pass requirement for DS3 yet as they were doing it game by game, but I am almost positive gamefly always gives you online passes with their used games (as they don't send out the online passes with the games when they rent them out)

Yes they do include OP and anyything else that may come with a new game. Gamefly gives you everything in new condition. Only thing is sometimes you get chipped discs (even PS3). They still work but its annoying.

512847.png

#22 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

they removed the online pass requirement for DS3! micro-transactions are there but unnecessary because you pretty much find an abundance of resources even on the harder difficulties.

#23 decayedmatter

decayedmatter

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Yes they do include OP and anyything else that may come with a new game. Gamefly gives you everything in new condition. Only thing is sometimes you get chipped discs (even PS3). They still work but its annoying.

Yea it's hit or miss with the condition, but generally PS3 games seem to be in better shape cause of their anti scratch coating. But even then there's plenty of morons out there who rent the games and don't know how to handle the discs.

#24 KillerSmokey24

KillerSmokey24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

Got one. Been wanting to play it. I heard the weapon customization is great in this game. Can anyone comment that has played the game?

#25 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

Got one. Been wanting to play it. I heard the weapon customization is great in this game. Can anyone comment that has played the game?

The customization is great. You can pick how to make your weapon from scratch.

512847.png

#26 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

The customization is great. You can pick how to make your weapon from scratch.

My advice is try not to use the DLC weapons that come with the online pass. They are better than anything you get for almost the whole game. It kinda ruined the game for me since I didn't really experiment that much with the crafting system as much as I wanted to.

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#27 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

Game is ok. With Co-Op It's a million times better, just like RE6.

Online passes don't exist anymore guys, EA dropped those.

For $15 you get a decent value if you can't borrow or rent it since the game is short. If you love the DS series though It's worth $15.

It's just that simple.

#28 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

$15 ain't too shabby, but I'll wait for $5 territory since I heard the game is designed to test your patience and tempt you with microtransactions.

#29 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

Game is ok. With Co-Op It's a million times better, just like RE6.

Online passes don't exist anymore guys, EA dropped those.

For $15 you get a decent value if you can't borrow or rent it since the game is short. If you love the DS series though It's worth $15.

It's not that short. 20 chapters ranging from 20-40 minutes each. Even if you played it on the easiest difficulty skipping optional missions (which are pretty cut and paste but do provide some insight into the story) you'd get a solid 7+ hours out of it.

#30 grantland

grantland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

Thanks guy, just added it to the cart. Huge fan of the series and I'm sure for $15 I can forgive any missteps they took with this one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dead Space 3