The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

• Please log in to reply
1526 replies to this topic

#571 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

lmao nice job manu letting over the hill Wince Carter drain a game winner. still not winning the series though.

#572 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

I like how Kobe said that he wouldn't play for him, when in fact we all know that Kobe thought long and hard about signing with the Clippers. Donald Sterling being a racist is nothing new. Ask all the minorities he kicked out of his apartments. 

Also VC got it done. Oh and in case anyone is wondering, so far it is safe to say that Monta have it all.

Posted Image

#573 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

wow big al can barely walk and is still beasting.

Lakers bringing back 'Antoni. Tankers round 2!

get 2 rigged top 5 picks back to back.

#574 zyk

zyk

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:05 AM

OKC with the 4th quarter collapse. Kinda expected since Durant and Westbrook played pretty bad the entire game. Can Memphis hold on? =O

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#575 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

chuckbrook 6-24 lol

This is some bizaro playoffs. First Houston now Okc gets their season saved by a scrub while their "superstars" are looking mighty suspect.

#576 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

This full audio on espn of sterling is :rofl:

Doc River talking about a walk out, lol my ass they don't have enough balls to stick it to sterling and the NBA by not playing.

Lol Clippers FO saying they don't know if the tape is legit, ninja please. Nba acting all shocked over this when they knew this for years and are just as bad as he is.

#577 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

Can't say I was expecting a real playoff push from the Bulls but I had hoped they'd get past the Wizards. Just don't have the scoring, and when you think about it, it's kind of absurd they got this far without Deng. Been a great season, nonetheless. Praying for carmelo  :pray:.

Wizards have been a fun team to watch.

#578 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

This full audio on espn of sterling is :rofl:

Doc River talking about a walk out, lol my ass they don't have enough balls to stick it to sterling and the NBA by not playing.

Lol Clippers FO saying they don't know if the tape is legit, ninja please. Nba acting all shocked over this when they knew this for years and are just as bad as he is.

Well at least the Clippers have an "excuse" to hide behind when today's score goes final.

Cue the "intelligent" professional athletes are treated like "slaves" debate   :rofl:

#579 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

I would have rather them just boycott and not play then to lose and now have an excuse to fall back on.

Can't say I was expecting a real playoff push from the Bulls but I had hoped they'd get past the Wizards. Just don't have the scoring, and when you think about it, it's kind of absurd they got this far without Deng. Been a great season, nonetheless. Praying for carmelo  :pray:.

If they even had just 1 goto scorer the bulls win and this wouldn't even be an issue. The Bulls actually were probably trying to tank this season (all the signs are there) but since the East is so damn bad they end up making the playoffs anyway.

#580 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

So Williams gets fouled never puts the ball on the ground shooting a 3 and doesn't get free throws, seems legit.

Its like night and day  when it comes to Matthews defense on Harden and vice versa. And as i say that Harden lets Batum blow right past him when he was 10 ft in front of him.

Dwight getting away with armbar and push offs all series long. Lopez has got no respect at all and is always in foul trouble or fouled out because Dwight doesn't know how to post up.

#581 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

They shouldn't have gotten rid of Nate Robinson either.  I liked their offense with him on the floor.  I didn't pay the wizards any attention this year... I thought the bulls would be able to get past them.  They couldn't beat the wizards without Nene?!   

Posted Image

#582 zyk

zyk

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

So Silver will have a press conference tomorrow morning about Sterling. Should be interesting...

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#583 J7.

J7.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

The refs have never been so damn bad at missing calls right in front of their faces. Houston got screwed last night in OT. Brooklyn got screwed the night before. The amount of OT games is crazy!

#584 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

Big Al sits out tonight.

"Glad to see the Pacers protesting Sterling by not showing up today."

:rofl:

#585 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

so sterling got fined 2.5 million and banned for life from going to games because he made a racist comment.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#586 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

so sterling got fined 2.5 million and banned for life from going to games because he made a racist comment.

As an NBA owner, he's going to be held to a higher standard so I'm good with it.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#587 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

If you're banned from an institution for life, would you bother paying the fine, especially when Silver said he is going to push the Board of Governors to force a sale of the Clippers?

#588 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

More like because he became bad for business. His racism was nothing new.

#589 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

If you're banned from an institution for life, would you bother paying the fine, especially when Silver said he is going to push the Board of Governors to force a sale of the Clippers?

Yes because he is going to make some bank when he sells his team.

Edit: but I wouldn't pay it until all the courtroom stuff is done and was finally forced or decided it was time to sell team. Pay the 2.5 mil, then get the 600+ mil (or whatever the franchise is sold for).

#590 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

I think that Silver may be able to get him to sell the team but I highly doubt it is legal to bar someone from attending an NBA game, for life, just because they made racist comments in private, that were recorded illegally. 

Will be interesting to watch this unravel. Although after all is said and done, I'm not sure why Sterling would ever want to attend another game. It would be awkward as hell for him although he does appear to be stubborn/delusional so who knows.

#591 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Mark Cuban posted a picture of the NBA's constitution and by-laws (just the cover) on social media, saying it exists for a reason.

#592 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

I think that Silver may be able to get him to sell the team but I highly doubt it is legal to bar someone from attending an NBA game, for life, just because they made racist comments in private, that were recorded illegally.

Will be interesting to watch this unravel. Although after all is said and done, I'm not sure why Sterling would ever want to attend another game. It would be awkward as hell for him although he does appear to be stubborn/delusional so who knows.

The bylaws apparently allow for this as the NBA corporate lawyers have had 3 days to reread the entire NBA constitution before today's hammer was dropped.

As a Warriors fan, I wonder now whether this will just fuel the Clippers players and bring them right back into the series. Yikes. According to a rep from the NBA Player's Association, players were prepared to boycott if the punishment was not severe.

Historic day in the NBA. This may define Silver's tenure.

Now playing:

#593 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

^ I don't disagree that he can be forced out---I do disagree that he can be barred from ever attending an NBA game as a fan for comments he made in private.

Kind of interesting that a Knicks player can be brought up on serious gun charges in a gun free city, and per the players association policies, be allowed to finish the season but an owner gets removed as owner 72 hours after a recording is leaked?

#594 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Considering he is factually the worst owners in North American sports, should one really argue in his favor for any topic? Regardless of his racist thoughts, isn't the NBA better without Sterling?

#595 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Adam Silver my man,  didn't think he had the balls for something like this. Sterling knew he was being recorded and still thought it was good idea to be this stupid.

#596 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

^ I don't disagree that he can be forced out---I do disagree that he can be barred from ever attending an NBA game as a fan for comments he made in private.

Kind of interesting that a Knicks player can be brought up on serious gun charges in a gun free city, and per the players association policies, be allowed to finish the season but an owner gets removed as owner 72 hours after a recording is leaked?

While he didn't break the law like carrying the gun, his position of ownership and leadership made the private comments all the more magnified.  As Silver said, his comments were private but they were made public so therefore it's become his public view.  A player will always be held to a lower standard than an owner.  Players do idiotic things themselves all the time yet they usually get reprimanded because it either reflects poorly for the individual or the team.  As an owner, he represents the league and it has a bigger impact.  Sponsors have pulled out as a result so he's become bad for business. 

It'll be interesting to see whether Sterling fights this or not.   

Now playing:

#597 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Can someone explain to me why Sterling was up for an NAACP award? 

How can you take an organization serious that is one minute handing out an award and the next railing against someone?

I guess it really is all about the $$$

#598 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

Adam Silver delivered that announcement like a boss.

pitfall_harry219.png

#599 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

A private individual can be banned from a stadium/arena so I'm sure they can ban him from all nba games. You don't have a right to attend any sporting event.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#600 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:42 AM

I bet he gets over a billion for the team. If someone paid 550 for the Bucks then a team in LA has to be at least double that.

Posted Image