GCN/Revolution E3 Game Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Uh, I don't plan on editting the OP (if you want a full list, just go to Gamespot or IGN), but we needed one.

So here it is.

Complete list of E3 games

[quote name='lebowsky']OK, let's sum up what we learned:

DS is online "this year"
-Mario Kart
-Animal Crossing
-Tony Hawk

GB Micro announced "this fall"

Revolution announced
-will be smaller than prototype
-512 MB internal flash memory
-SD cards for expanded storage
-wireless controllers
-Backwards compatible with GC
-Wi-Fi enabled
-Online library of past Nintendo games
-Online titles at launch (Smash Bros, FF:CC)

GC Games announced
-Mario Baseball
-Mario Strikers
-DDR Mario Mix
-LoZ
-MP7

What did I miss?[/QUOTE]

there press confence is tomorrow morning at... eek 7 i *think*

lol cheapy was telling me about this, he is dreading having to be up that early to catch it lol

[quote name='StealthySeal']there press confence is tomorrow morning at... eek 7 i *think*

lol cheapy was telling me about this, he is dreading having to be up that early to catch it lol[/QUOTE]
9 AM PST, or 12 PM on the east coast. Not that early for you guys.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']9 AM PST, or 12 PM on the east coast. Not that early for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, and I know I'll be at a comp exactly at 12, I only hope I don't get caught by my professor.

..the only conference I really want to see is during school..
Hopefully its up on the internet soon after. Last year was sooo awesome.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Sonic Gems collection just announced for GC. Could this be the rumored mega collection 2? We'll find out later in the week but here's the link for the announcement.

http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4923[/QUOTE]

Ah, just saw this on IGN too!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/614/614801p1.html

Sonic The Fighters and Sonic CD included?!?!

This is like a dream come true! This might make it so that EVERY Sonic game will be playable on Gamecube! WOO!

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']So the new Zelda is subititled "Twilight Princess".

Looks like it isn't Link that's turning into the wolf...[/QUOTE]

where did you hear this?

[quote name='Gameboy415']Ah, just saw this on IGN too!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/614/614801p1.html

Sonic The Fighters and Sonic CD included?!?!

This is like a dream come true! This might make it so that EVERY Sonic game will be playable on Gamecube! WOO![/QUOTE]

its hard to picture what they could make another collection out of, sonic shuffle and sonic r?

must have patience.... :bouncy:

Hey Bob!

Hey Jake!

What game are you playing?

Twillight Princess.

0_o

It's okay if your gay, you know. I don't really care about those things.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Hey Bob!

Hey Jake!

What game are you playing?

Twillight Princess.

0_o

It's okay if your gay, you know. I don't really care about those things.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why the whole internet is saying this, I guess not many people realize that Zelda is a girl. Yes, you have always been playing The Legend of "A Princess." The series is about a Princess. I know you are trying to be funny, but most everyone seems to be ticked about the title and whining. I think ti sounds great, personally.

[quote name='punqsux']its hard to picture what they could make another collection out of, sonic shuffle and sonic r?[/QUOTE]

They could include Sonic 3D blast (Saturn, Genesis, and Gamegear versions all)

maybe they'll throw in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 just for the hell of it

Hey, maybe they'll include the extra 3d part of Sonic Jam, that'd be something many people never "played"

[quote name='Zmonkay']They could include Sonic 3D blast (Saturn, Genesis, and Gamegear versions all)

maybe they'll throw in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 just for the hell of it

Hey, maybe they'll include the extra 3d part of Sonic Jam, that'd be something many people never "played"[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Sonic X-treme. Maybe Sega saved the old code before they canned it.

[quote name='guyver2077']cant wait to see regis tommorrow[/QUOTE]
How about you watch Reggie afterwards? I don't really care much for Regis.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How about you watch Reggie afterwards? I don't really care much for Regis.[/QUOTE]

lol thanks for the correction..lil tired..

i love reggie!!!

[quote name='punqsux']its hard to picture what they could make another collection out of, sonic shuffle and sonic r?[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I had completely forgotten about Sonic Shuffle!

Here's games I think should/hopefully will be included:

Sonic: The Fighters
Sonic CD
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic R
Sonic 3D Blast (saturn version)
SegaSonic The Hedgehog (3D Trackball arcade game)
Sonic Shuffle

And maybe as a bonus:
Nights/Burning Rangers/some other Saturn games

I'd honestly be happy with just Sonic: The Fighters, I've wanted to play that game FOREVER!

god, i hope they reveal the revolution tomorrow...will they be streaming their conference?

[quote name='Apossum']god, i hope they reveal the revolution tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Me, too. Wouldn't that be awesome if the Revolution turns out to be a monster system that outdoes all the others? Online play would be nice, too. But, since it's Nintendo, we know it will be good. :)

[quote name='Apossum']god, i hope they reveal the revolution tomorrow...will they be streaming their conference?[/QUOTE]
http://www.nintendo.com/ shows a little counter in the top-right side of the page that will most likely lead to their streaming of their conference.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.nintendo.com/ shows a little counter in the top-right side of the page that will most likely lead to their streaming of their conference.[/QUOTE]
Put your mouse over it. The counter says days till E3 so it's most likely will be a stream of their conference.

[quote name='Sk']Put your mouse over it. The counter says days till E3 so it's most likely will be a stream of their conference.[/QUOTE]
I know, that's why I said exactly what you said.

the counter counts down to one hour AFTER the conference. But i really hope they do have a stream of it, otherwise i'll be disappointed.

[quote name='easy_g']the counter counts down to one hour AFTER the conference. But i really hope they do have a stream of it, otherwise i'll be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it counts down to the end of the conference, not one hour after, but one hour after the beginning of the conference.;)

[quote name='Gameboy415']Some good and bad news here (if any of its true):

http://www.nintendojo.com/

Guess we'll know tomorrow mornin...[/QUOTE]

I read some of the info on that site. Pretty interesting, especially about a Mario & Luigi sequel as well as a new 2-D Metroid for the DS. I'll be psyched if it turns out to be true, but for now I am taking EVERYTHING I read with a grain of salt.

Man, I hope Nintendo really makes an impression with Revolution. They need a comeback in the worst way, and I fear this could be their last generation as a hardware company if they don't have some really good ideas.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Some good and bad news here (if any of its true):

http://www.nintendojo.com/

Guess we'll know tomorrow mornin...[/QUOTE]

The specs look to be exactly wat has been rumored for the past year. But they are good, nonetheless. And the "bad" news is just BS. There is no reason for not having HD support. GCN had progressive scan games and The Revolution, we know, supports VGA. Why leave out HD? It's not that it makes zero sense, it makes negative sense. And I wouldn't doubt higher prices. EA has already more than promised this for all consoles. But Harrison bragging about it, and saying that it is essentially because they are greedy? Yeah, right.

I hope they have at lease 480p support (ala the GAMECUBE).
Why Nintendo made you have to custom order that stupid cable from the website was beyond me.....yes it makes a huge difference on Gamecube games....the few that explicity support it.

y the cable cost 35$ is my question, thats like 1/3 of the console cost
hopefully the revolution is component cable backwards compatible(if it supports hd)
very disappointed if nintendo does that, it'll make no sense

or better if all next gen consoles came with components out the box

Just when you think Nintendo learned their lessons from Gamecube's downfall (lack of online and crappy storage medium) with Revolution's planned online capabilities and DVD capacity... they pull something boneheaded like lack of HDTV support.

I guess we can kiss 1080i, 16:9 widescreen compatibility goodbye. Here's one more thing the critics will knock Nintendo for. I hope this NY Times report proves false at their press conference on Tuesday.

The Times is always wrong. They probably will be again. It just sounds like biased bashing (common against Nintendo these days) because that is completely nonsensical. There is no viable reason to do that. That is the opposite direction that anyone is headed (including Nintendo).

IMHO Nintendo (console wise, not GBA and DS, the GBA owns and the DS is getting good support after summer) needs to wake the fuck up and get online with their console and get more third party support. There was even a month this year where they had no titles released at all. Their lack of faith in the online force is VERY disturbing, and outside of RE4, Zelda, Killer 7 and Fire Emblem I'm looking forward to little this year from the big N. Hopefully Reggie steals the show again and some impressive titles come out for the Cube, and the revolution gets the best specs out of all the systems. Heres hoping... otherwise I'll be buying the revolution at $100.

Found this interesting info over at Penny Arcade's forums here.

http://www.nintendo.com/e3_2005/pre_e3_2005home.html
If you click around alot, Reggie threatens to take your name!

Nintendo Webcast Link
*UPDATE*
Apprently, Nintendo is having Gamespot of all people host their live feed. Tomorrow morning. Nintendo's PRE-E3 page points you here:
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

IGN Insider webcast link:
http://insider.ign.com/livewire05.html

What we know right now:

*updated!*
DS and Revolution Online:
- Nintendo is partnered with Gamespy/IGN Entertainment
- Animal Crossing will be the first online title
- No cost to consumer. Nintendo is dedicated to keep it affordable.
- Wirelss connections will play a huge factor
- Online downloading of Nintendo games for the Revolution. From NES to Gamecube. Pricing is still being considered.

Revolution:
revolution9nk.jpg

- Posseses the thickness of three DVDs
- IBM is responsible for the CPU, called 'Broadway.'
- ATi is responsible for the GPU, called 'Holleywood.'
- Internet ready out of the box, definatly be wireless.
- Revolution uses standard 12cm optical disks. Nintendo of Europe's press releases indicates they are dual layered DVDs.
- Possible DVD playback, according to some sources.
- Backwards compatible with the Gamecube
- If their will be online game downloading, a hardrive is most likely.

Confirmed Titles (thanks to mcc):

GAMECUBE
Battalion Wars
Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix
Donkey Konga 2
Mario Party 7
Pokemon XD (a full-blown RPG)
Super Mario Strikers (a Mario soccer title)
4117320050516_234242_0_big.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Formerly listed as The Legend of Zelda)

[quote name='MorPhiend']The specs look to be exactly wat has been rumored for the past year. But they are good, nonetheless. And the "bad" news is just BS. There is no reason for not having HD support. GCN had progressive scan games and The Revolution, we know, supports VGA. Why leave out HD? It's not that it makes zero sense, it makes negative sense. And I wouldn't doubt higher prices. EA has already more than promised this for all consoles. But Harrison bragging about it, and saying that it is essentially because they are greedy? Yeah, right.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope you are right about the HD support. I've had a Gamecube since Dec. 2003 and just got a PS2 this year for some RPG playing. I have both hooked up using component cables and run in progressive scan/widescreen when possible. The GC is VASTLY superior - on my 51" TV anyway. The PS3 sounds incredible though, and if Nintendo can't offer 1080I/780P, or at a *minimum* 480P, they quickly become my least favorite (don't see the need for the 1080P right now but it is nice the PS3 will have it). I've had my HDTV since Oct. 2003 and have yet to put any true HD content on it - I had hoped the Revolution would provide that (in addition to the PS3). If the Revolution doesn't have it, I will be getting the PS3 at launch and waiting on the Revolution to drop in price - this despite having 3 kids who love all the Nintendo franchises.

They would be making a HUGE mistake not to support HD as it will definitely become widespread during the next generation lifespans. The DS game announcements from Nintendo sound great - but they will spoil everything for me, though, if they drop the ball on HD.

[quote name='goosedude']I hope they have at lease 480p support (ala the GAMECUBE).
Why Nintendo made you have to custom order that stupid cable from the website was beyond me.....yes it makes a huge difference on Gamecube games....the few that explicity support it.[/QUOTE]

I got my Gamecube for the kids for Christmas 2003. I made sure to order, get the cable, and have it plugged in and ready to go before Christmas. I have never played a GC without component display and just about every game has been great on my TV - even those that don't support progressive scan. Some of the PS2 games, on the other hand, give me a headache.

Actually, it seems that most of the games we have support 480P on the Gamecube - definitely more than half, and we have 40-50 games. Why they dropped it from the newer Cubes is beyond me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back