CAG Madden 25 Owner League

Chetty12

CAGiversary!
Cag Madden 25 Owner League- Season 1

Link to the Online Website- Link

With the official league doing coach only, I will be starting an Owners league for anyone interested(especially for those who love setting hot dog prices). This isn't meant to compete with the official league but to offer a place for those of us that have enough time for multiple leagues or just missed out on the official league and would like to experience owner mode with the CAG community. We will be doing sim style gameplay wise, but as this is a secondary league, we will be a little more lenient on trades and will allow Owners to move their teams. Obviously, there will be restrictions but those will be outlined before we do begin. Full restrictions to gameplay and to owners mode will be outlined below as we get closer to the games release.

Advancement- We will be doing a set advancement schedule. Advances will occur on Mondays and Fridays around 7:00 AM. Hopefully, this helps with planning your games in advance.

Team Selection- We're going to be doing a first come first serve, so get your team posted.

Rules- Guessing at what the settings/rules are going to be. These are subject to change when the game comes out.

Settings- All-Madden, 5 minute quarters, No acceleration clock

Gameplay Rules:

Onside Kicks- You can onside kick in the second half of the game if you are down by more than 17 points. You can kick an onside kick in the fourth quarter if you are losing by any amount.

Squib Kicks- You can squib kick at anytime, but if a squib kick is recovered without the receiving team getting possession of the ball, then you are to punt the ball immediately.

Hurry Up Offense-(this is one that is up in the air for discussion)- Hurry up can be used in obvious comeback situations and during any 2 minute offensive situation. You can also use hurry up during any point during the game, you just can not use it on consecutive plays and you have to wait until the play clock is down to at least 25 seconds before you can snap.

QB Swap- If you switch QB's in the middle of the game, just send your opponent a message that says QB. You do not have to send a message to your opponent  if you are running a wildcat formation(if the game handles wildcat as it did in Madden 2013)

Two Point Conversion- You are allowed to go for a two point conversion in situations that make sense. If you can't justify it, then just don't do it.

Fourth Down- You can go for it in the following situations.
Fourth and 3 and less- You can go for it as long as you are past midfield.
Down by 17 or more- You can go for it at any point in the second half.
Down by 9-16 Points- You can go for it at any point beyond 1:00 left in the 3rd quarter.
Down by 8 Points- You can go for it at any point in the fourth quarter
The only other time you can go for it is if you are between the 35-45 yard line and your are out of your kickers range

Gameplay Styles- Obviously, no nano blitz or cheap tactics like sending everyone deep and then running with the qb. 5 wide QB runs(unless a designed play) and hb streaks directly in the middle of the field from the backfield, if abused, will be considered cheese as well.

Showboating- From the Demo, it doesn't seem like diving into the end zone is that big of a deal anymore, but stick away from showboating if your playing against someone you don't know personally.

Player Editing/Position Swaps- No turning WR's into TE's. No playing HB's with over 85 speed at FB. To switch a player to QB, he has to have some history as a QB. No turning speed receivers with 20 throw power/accuracy into a read option QB. 

Running Up the Score- When you have a sufficient lead, start running clock. Doesn't mean that you have to stop passing, just stick to short passes and keeping the clock running. If your down a lot and want the game to end, then start running clock yourself. No sympathy will be given you keep throwing the ball up and end up having interception after interception returned on you.

Against the CPU: When playing the CPU, either get a lead and sit on it or take advantage of the Supersim feature. Hopefully the difficulty sorts this out, but I don't want to see 700 yards passing against the CPU with 8 touchdowns.

Quitting- No rage quitting. Rage quitting will result in a strike against you.

Punishment- 1st Strike- Warning, 2nd Strike- 1 Game Suspension/additional warning depending on the infraction, 3rd Strike- 3 Game Suspension. If you go beyond that, then your really don't have a place in the league.

Disconnects- If a game is disconnected and the two parties can not come to an agreement to replay the game, then post in the thread the score and situation of the game. We'll discuss it and then either let one person play the cpu or have the game be replayed.

Late- If you schedule a game and won't be able to make that time, attempt to contact your opponent and update them. There's nothing worse than sitting around waiting for another player. I will give a half an hour window for you to update your opponent. If no attempt to contact your opponent during that half an hour is made, then the person that showed up will be allowed to play the CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams-

AFC-

AFC East-

Buffalo Bills- 

Miami Dolphins- Palmettogolfcc7

New England Patriots-

New York Jets-

AFC North-

Baltimore Ravens-

Cincinnati Bengals- Hemingway012http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/353490-hemingway012/ | Hemingway12

Cleveland Browns- SonicXtremehttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/333891-sonicxtreme/ | Sonicxxtreme

Pittsburgh Steelers-

AFC South-

Houston Texans-

Indianapolis Colts-

Jacksonville Jaguars-

Tennessee Titans-

AFC West-

Denver Broncos-

Kansas City Chiefs-

Oakland Raiders- 

San Diego Chargers-

NFC-

NFC East-

Dallas Cowboys-

New York Giants- TimboSliceGBhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/337359-timboslicegb/ | timbosliceGB- Dropped

Philadelphia Eagles- GHmanRONhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/342320-ghmanron/ | Itz Amish Swag- Inactive

Washington Redskins-

NFC North-

Chicago Bears-

Detroit Lions-

Green Bay Packers- Chetty12http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/260204-chetty12/ | Chetty12

Minnesota Vikings-  Yo Soy El Tigerhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/418077-yo-soy-el-tiger/ | Yo soy el tiger

NFC South-

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers- Deuce20602http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/216890-deuce20602/ | Deuce20602

New Orleans Saints-

Tampa Bay Buccaneers-

NFC West-

Arizona Cardinals- RAMES is squatting on the Cards. Anyone who get them, they should be on Auto and will want to play the CPU.

San Francisco 49ers- Mr Grand Cruhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/215963-mr-grand-cru/ | Mr Grand Cru

Seattle Seahawks- sprice8688http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/274100-sprice8688/ | sprice20- Inactive

St. Louis Rams- Mog3526http://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/278486-mog3526/ | Mog3526- Inactive

Reserved for League Announcements.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

In regards to relocating, it still will be allowed, but there will be stipulations. First, not everyone can qualify. Your stadium has to meet the requirements and has to be crappy enough to justify the move. Second, you have to get commissioner approval before setting up to relocate. This can be done at any point during the preseason and the relocation occurs during the next off season. Lastly, there will only be a restriction on what jerseys you can pick. This is to stop everyone from ending up with the all black "modern" option(every city I've relocated to so far, 3 teams, have had the same "modern jersey"). Team name, stadium and location are all up to the user though.

Posted 27 August 2013  - 09:58 PM

I have created the actual league on Madden. So sign up whenever you can.

League Name and Password can be found in your PM.

1. You must create a new owner.

2. Make sure you turn off fill roster and if you want ballhawk/switch assist/heat seek on, then you will have to manually switch it on for yourself when you sign up. Also gameflow is on by default, so if you want that off, then you will have to turn it off.

3. If your making any big name cuts, even if it's just an older player, please do it before Saturday because that's when we will be doing our first wave of free agents.

4. You can also start setting your merchandise prices and rosters.

5. Remember if your interested in relocating, you have to get commissioner approval first.

6. DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS. Last year when I was looking around at different leagues and the way they do things, I found a different way to do free agency instead of doing it draft style. Basically, each team gets 100 points to spend on free agents. For example, you can put 100 points towards one player or put 25 points towards 4 players. The person that bids the most will win that player. The minimum bid is 10 points and the maximum is 100. List for free agents must be submitted by this Saturday.

7. If you notice a transaction in real life has occurred but does not show up on your roster, then let me know and you won't have to bid on that player, but I still would like everyone to wait until the appropriate time to sign him.

Welcome to the league guys. I'll most likely being starting a specific groupme chat if anyone wants to join. Also, if you can include your gamertag in the thread, that would be helpful. Thanks.

So far i'm leaning toward all madden difficulty. Any thoughts by anone who's played the demo?
The game seems easier then it did last year, played on all-madden. Was very content with the demo and loved how the infinity engine seems to be smoothed out a good bit.

The game seems easier then it did last year, played on all-madden. Was very content with the demo and loved how the infinity engine seems to be smoothed out a good bit.
Offense will definitely be easier to play. Good defensive players will definitely have to figure something out. No more sitting back in dime man coverage(i was as guilty as anyone) for the entire game.

Offense will definitely be easier to play. Good defensive players will definitely have to figure something out. No more sitting back in dime man coverage(i was as guilty as anyone) for the entire game.
The run blocking AI was definitely miles better then NCAA 14. I was able to run over the defense more then usual with Lynch. Maybe it was cause I was playing the Packers, who knows ;)

Just curious, am I approved for the league Chetty?

i don't judge ea sports games on demo we learned last year and so far with ncaa this year some reason they use game build of the games that are at least month or two old if not longer. i played madden 25 at e3 and this feels alot diff then the game i played at e3. The def was way better at e3 then this demo. My guess is this demo is at least 2 or more months old on game build.

The run blocking AI was definitely miles better then NCAA 14. I was able to run over the defense more then usual with Lynch. Maybe it was cause I was playing the Packers, who knows ;)

Just curious, am I approved for the league Chetty?
Yes, Eagles are yours. And I agree about the run blocking. Even pass blocking feels more realistic, they seem to try to push ends up the field instead of just trying to hold their ground.

i don't judge ea sports games on demo we learned last year and so far with ncaa this year some reason they use game build of the games that are at least month or two old if not longer. i played madden 25 at e3 and this feels alot diff then the game i played at e3. The def was way better at e3 then this demo. My guess is this demo is at least 2 or more months old on game build.
I agree and disagree. Last years demo, you could tell that on all-madden the only thing that was more difficult is that your wr's would not catch the ball, not anything the AI would actually do. It made all madden unplayable and that did carry into the game. I'm hoping the defensive backs stick to their receivers a little better than they are doing in this demo.

I just thought of another pet peeve I have with the demo so far. They take forever to call a penalty. They show the coach freaking out, they show the referees talking about it and then they pan around the stadium. I was 10 yards off sides, it's pretty easy to call that, lol. Also has anyone got that glitch, where during a review or a tv timeout, they take everything that's suppose to be on the sideline and put it in midfield.

I dont know if I will have the time but I will take the Rams!!!!! and beat up on Cru and Sprice!!!

Just finished paying off my preorder for Madden 25. No midnight launch at my Gamestop but I gotta work at 6am the next day so I guess that's not too bad ;)

Just finished paying off my preorder for Madden 25. No midnight launch at my Gamestop but I gotta work at 6am the next day so I guess that's not too bad ;)
I did the preorder of the collectors one on amazon, so I have to wait for mine to be shipped to me. Only reason I'm doing the early release.

I did the preorder of the collectors one on amazon, so I have to wait for mine to be shipped to me. Only reason I'm doing the early release.
I've been contemplating the season ticket for years, but never really budged and got it. No other EA games really entice me, sports wise. But collectors edition comes with the NFL Sunday Ticket thru Directv right?

I've been contemplating the season ticket for years, but never really budged and got it. No other EA games really entice me, sports wise. But collectors edition comes with the NFL Sunday Ticket thru Directv right?
correct can be used on pc,tablets and smart phones, im getting it for sunday ticket plus the great value in u.t and well seeing i have been madden fan since the start in early 90's it's a must for me on the 25th anv to have the special edition

Onside Kicks- You can onside kick in the second half of the game if you are down by more than 17 points. You can kick an onside kick in the fourth quarter if you are losing by any amount.

Squib Kicks- You can squib kick at anytime, but if a squib kick is recovered without the receiving team getting possession of the ball, then you are to punt the ball immediately.

Hurry Up Offense-(this is one that is up in the air for discussion)- Hurry up can be used in obvious comeback situations and during any 2 minute offensive situation. You can also use hurry up during any point during the game, you just can not use it on consecutive plays and you have to wait until the play clock is down to at least 25 seconds before you can snap.

QB Swap- If you switch QB's in the middle of the game, just send your opponent a message that says QB. You do not have to send a message to your opponent  if you are running a wildcat formation(if the game handles wildcat as it did in Madden 2013)

Two Point Conversion- You are allowed to go for a two point conversion in situations that make sense. If you can't justify it, then just don't do it.

Fourth Down- You can go for it in the following situations.
Fourth and 3 and less- You can go for it as long as you are past midfield.
Down by 17 or more- You can go for it at any point in the second half.
Down by 9-16 Points- You can go for it at any point beyond 1:00 left in the 3rd quarter.
Down by 8 Points- You can go for it at any point in the fourth quarter
The only other time you can go for it is if you are between the 35-45 yard line and your are out of your kickers range

Gameplay Styles- Obviously, no nano blitz or cheap tactics like sending everyone deep and then running with the qb. 5 wide QB runs(unless a designed play) and hb streaks directly in the middle of the field from the backfield, if abused, will be considered cheese as well.

Showboating- From the Demo, it doesn't seem like diving into the end zone is that big of a deal anymore, but stick away from showboating if your playing against someone you don't know personally.

Player Editing/Position Swaps- No turning WR's into TE's. No playing HB's with over 85 speed at FB. To switch a player to QB, he has to have some history as a QB. No turning speed receivers with 20 throw power/accuracy into a read option QB. 

Running Up the Score- When you have a sufficient lead, start running clock. Doesn't mean that you have to stop passing, just stick to short passes and keeping the clock running. If your down a lot and want the game to end, then start running clock yourself. No sympathy will be given you keep throwing the ball up and end up having interception after interception returned on you.

Quitting- No rage quitting. Rage quitting will result in a strike against you.

Punishment- 1st Strike- Warning, 2nd Strike- 1 Game Suspension/additional warning depending on the infraction, 3rd Strike- 3 Game Suspension. If you go beyond that, then your really don't have a place in the league.

Disconnects- If a game is disconnected and the two parties can not come to an agreement to replay the game, then post in the thread the score and situation of the game. We'll discuss it and then either let one person play the cpu or have the game be replayed.

Rules can always be found on the Original Post. Everything is also up for discussion. If you have an opinion about a specific rule, then just post about it and we'll discuss it.

Update # 1- We'll most likely be doing uploaded draft classes. I'll be testing them out during the early release.

Update # 2- I'll be starting a groupme chat this weekend for anyone interested. It makes it a little easier to contact each other.

Update # 3- I've been contemplating starting the default rosters. It gives everyone the ability to make their own training camp cuts from the 90 man roster. Opinions on whether to do updated or default rosters? EDIT: NVM, I saw a list of the available free agents and there are just too many that are on an actual team. Updated rosters it will be.

Update # 4- I'll be doing a test franchise during the early release, if your interested in participating and are getting the early release, just let me know.

Updates to the Rules:

Late- If you schedule a game and won't be able to make that time, attempt to contact your opponent and update them. There's nothing worse than sitting around waiting for another player. I will give a half an hour window for you to update your opponent. If no attempt to contact your opponent during that half an hour is made, then the person that showed up will be allowed to play the CPU.

Running up the score- Against the CPU: When playing the CPU, either get a lead and sit on it or take advantage of the Supersim feature. Hopefully the difficulty sorts this out, but I don't want to see 700 yards passing against the CPU with 8 touchdowns.

The late rule, I honestly feel like i'm lenient by allowing a half an hour, so at least keep your opponent updated. The running up the score will most likely be more defined after I've had an opportunity to play the actual game.

Full team Ratings

So far, I'm definitely thinking all madden will be the way to go. Especially, since there will be CPU games. Firing up a franchise soon. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

In regards to relocating, it still will be allowed, but there will be stipulations. First, not everyone can qualify. Your stadium has to meet the requirements and has to be crappy enough to justify the move. Second, you have to get commissioner approval before setting up to relocate. This can be done at any point during the preseason and the relocation occurs during the next off season. Lastly, there will only be a restriction on what jerseys you can pick. This is to stop everyone from ending up with the all black "modern" option(every city I've relocated to so far, 3 teams, have had the same "modern jersey"). Team name, stadium and location are all up to the user though.

Lastly for now, the most addicting part of Owner mode for me has been setting jersey prices. It appears that your 5 highest "personality" rated players have individual jerseys that you can set the prices for and it has been fun messing with them to try and get a top 10 seller. Plus who doesn't enjoy saying fuck to the NFL and only charging 1 dollar for a hot dog. Also, beer apparently is not sold to virtual crowds.

i want to dive into owner mode so bad but the defualt rosters they have till main game is out once we get roster update is god awful. from now till monday im playing owner mode just to play the games and testing things out not playing for real.

so many players are missing from alot of teams including my home team packers. i understand young has not been in nfl for over a year but it's not like he is not retired why is he not in the game

Unfortunately, you are correct.
Terrible. Kind of pointless for EA to focus on hotdog prices when you don't even have full coaching options. With the direction my gaming preferences have been going lately, I could see this being my last year with the game for awhile. They seriously need to get their heads out of their asses.

bread's done
Back