(Dead) Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition back in-stock at Gamestop.com $99.99 ($85 with free shipping using code aug15 and SAVER)

Flash Strife

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Mentioned it in the other Xillia thread, but most of the people there already have this. Xillia CE is back up at gamestop.com, can use aug15 and SAVER to get $15 off and free shipping until later today I guess (code is supposed to expire today but I tried the code an hour ago with another purchase and it worked, should work on this though anyone that wants it should hurry before it expires). GS is the last retailer that has it at normal price so anyone that wants a copy should hurry before it's gone.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition/109114?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ZJ5iul1mBENPx0qMLVg0qg

Last edited by a moderator:
Codes are working for me... I was eyeing picking up the vanilla edition with AUG15 anyway... CE for $85... but I don't need any more giant plastic statues >_<

Thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully I can get an undamaged copy since Amazon decided to step on mine before sending it out.

Oh my god, you are a lifesaver OP! I had troubles with my April order where GS was saying that my credit card wasn't going through... hopefully this order goes through and it's great because now I save about $25 from my previous order because I didn't use SAVER or AUG15.

Did Amazon restock this after release? Amazon always re-stocks OoS items after release, due to cancellations, billing errors, etc. but I didn't follow if they restocked this... 

Wished I had ordered from GS though, since I could have saved $15. 

I was planning on getting Xillia once it dropped, but seeing how this is sold out, I have a BUNCH of GS credit I know I'll never use, and I'm a sucker for collectible statues, had to bite, thanks a bunch op!

Did Amazon restock this after release? Amazon always re-stocks OoS items after release, due to cancellations, billing errors, etc. but I didn't follow if they restocked this...

Wished I had ordered from GS though, since I could have saved $15.
At least one copy popped up used from Amazon (Warehouse Deals). I didn't see any new ones but it could have been available for a very short amount of time.

I'm hearing all kinds of praise for this game, and not just this one but I always do for the Tales series. Not sure if I'll bite for the CE but that AUG15 code has got me interested. Thanks OP, I might just do it considering today is the last day for the code. 

Question for veterans of the Tales series. Is it like Final Fantasy where each game sets a different story? Or does this series talk about past events? Curious to know where to start if I want to try it out since there's like a buttload of these games for each console. 

DON'T USE CHROME!

I just spoke with the Gamestop Help Center and they informed me that Chrome has a lot of problems with their online site. Use Mozilla or IE. I was able to place my order over the phone with the discount code and discounted shipped. I must admit, the lady from the Help Center was very nice and actually helped me with my problem.

She was pretty frustrated at first when she saw I tried to place the order a couple dozen times out of frustration.

Another note, every time you get an error message @ gamestop.com during an online order, the system will flag your ISP and credit information making it impossible at that point to place an order. She informed me that after the error, it can take up to 24 hours for the system to clear the flag and try and make another purchase. Since I tried so many times and got so many errors, I'll be locked out for the next week. Just call the Help Center when you get that initial error to figure out what went wrong.

Also got the undefined order submission, which I think is because of the SAVER code. Got a message when I tried to place the order again that it can't be used with my order. What's more, I ended up with that "card doesn't match the financial institution" message when I tried purchasing without the SAVER code. I guess fate just doesn't want me to buy this game =.=

Question for veterans of the Tales series. Is it like Final Fantasy where each game sets a different story? Or does this series talk about past events? Curious to know where to start if I want to try it out since there's like a buttload of these games for each console.
Like Final Fantasy, each main-series game has a different story. There are direct sequels to Tales games, but as with FF, it's pretty obvious when this is the case.

I was able to place an order with Chrome roughly an hour ago (not sure I'll keep it). 

It's probably due to stock issues (low stock and a lot of order transactions). 

DON'T USE CHROME!

I just spoke with the Gamestop Help Center and they informed me that Chrome has a lot of problems with their online site. Use Mozilla or IE. I was able to place my order over the phone with the discount code and discounted shipped. I must admit, the lady from the Help Center was very nice and actually helped me with my problem.

She was pretty frustrated at first when she saw I tried to place the order a couple dozen times out of frustration.

Another note, every time you get an error message @ gamestop.com during an online order, the system will flag your ISP and credit information making it impossible at that point to place an order. She informed me that after the error, it can take up to 24 hours for the system to clear the flag and try and make another purchase. Since I tried so many times and got so many errors, I'll be locked out for the next week. Just call the Help Center when you get that initial error to figure out what went wrong.
How pleasant. Back when I was trying to buy a few Animal Crossing 3DS bundles, I was getting a similar error and when I called the CS lady was positive that because of how large the order was I was trying to steal someone's identity or some garbage. The only incorrect piece of information was the email address, and then she said that my account had been locked from making an order there for 48 hours because I had so many failed attempts. She almost seemed happy that I couldn't carry on with the order, and the only reason I even bothered going to GS was because Amazon was already sold out. I understand that people steal, but her attitude was so terrible she was already certain that I was illegitimate. On a related note, I placed an order for the Tekken Hybrid LE in Chrome from GS the other day and it went through just fine.

How pleasant. Back when I was trying to buy a few Animal Crossing 3DS bundles, I was getting a similar error and when I called the CS lady was positive that because of how large the order was I was trying to steal someone's identity or some garbage. The only incorrect piece of information was the email address, and then she said that my account had been locked from making an order there for 48 hours because I had so many failed attempts. She almost seemed happy that I couldn't carry on with the order, and the only reason I even bothered going to GS was because Amazon was already sold out. I understand that people steal, but her attitude was so terrible she was already certain that I was illegitimate. On a related note, I placed an order for the Tekken Hybrid LE in Chrome from GS the other day and it went through just fine.
The lady I talked to immediately sounded tired and frustrated as she picked up the call. She sounded even more frustrated with the number of attempted I had and how she had to filter through each attempt to figure out what went wrong. Even by than I was pretty frustrated with the entire situation. Thankfully she kept a level head and just offered to do the order over the phone, which went much smoother. By the end of the call, it seemed like her attitude changed. I guess it all just depends on who picks up the phone. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Won't help me over the phone, claimed I am calling from an unknown phone number even though I am using a home phone.  Also said item is backorder and she doesn't know if they will be getting more

I had to call to get this deal. At first they said I wasn't allowed because it wasn't their code. I asked to speak a manager and he gave me the deal so that works. $90.09 after tax is a pretty great deal, thanks OP. I'm a sucker for LE figures.

Does anyone know if GS really accepts Paypal? It says they do in the help center but I see no option for checking out with it and my debit card is tapped at the moment (thanks for taking forever for paypal transfers).

Call the help center! Don't keep trying on the site. Read my last post for more information!
Thanks for the tip. Ended up having to call 3 times until I ended up with someone actually helpful (guess 3rd time really is the charm).

Still wasn't able to place an order because my account was locked from placing multiple failed orders, so the help center guy suggested I try again in 24 hours. However, I told him how today was the last day to use the AUG15 code and that I wasn't sure if the game would still be available tomorrow, so he supposedly noted that on my account and placed a hold for the game. I'll just have to wait til tomorrow to see if I'm actually successful.

Got mine online with no problem at all. Came out to $90.xx after tax.

Thanks OP!
How'd you get it that low? Is there any option to ship to the store? Mine came to $98.XX

$84.XX Game

$07.XX Tax

$06.XX Shipping (paid extra for the 3-5 day shipping, though value [5-10 day] shipping still would have been $3.50)

How'd you get it that low? Is there any option to ship to the store? Mine came to $98.XX

$84.XX Game

$07.XX Tax

$06.XX Shipping (paid extra for the 3-5 day shipping, though value [5-10 day] shipping still would have been $3.50)
You should have used both AUG15 and SAVER and then chose the value shipping (5-10 days). This would give you the 15% discount plus free shipping.

Tax was $5 something and shipping was free.

Did you use both promo codes?

$84.XX Game

$07.XX Tax

Actually cancelled my Amazon order of this a while ago, but I ended up ordering a copy. That 15% off deal is too good to pass up on.

But I kind of ordered it late, so if I don't get it, oh well.

bread's done
Back