[DEAD] Wii Pandora's Tower $19.99 New, $18.99 Used at Gamestop (Also PM'ed at Amazon again)

I got Xenoblade, Last Story and still have $5 on Pandora's Tower (reserved it, never got it). 

Five, ten years from now this game will be worth a decent penny, IMO.

So the consensus is the game is no good? No point in buying something I'm never going to play.
It's pretty good it's just way different than what most people were expecting. Especially after following Xenoblade. It's probably the weakest of the 3 but it's worth a play especially at that price.

Ok, updating the OP with the Amazon link.  And besides a matter of preference and personal taste, the only thing that people can universally agree on are that the programming bugs near the end suck.  Not completely game breaking, but something to keep in mind.

Bad bugs. The European version is fine, this is a straight copy, but something crept in wacky. My guess from reading is a simple mastering bug. I'm half way through right now.

That said, the game is EXCELLENT and worth dealing with the bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, updating the OP with the Amazon link. And besides a matter of preference and personal taste, the only thing that people can universally agree on are that the programming bugs near the end suck. Not completely game breaking, but something to keep in mind.
Wow, that sucks. It's too bad Xseed won't fix it but it would probably cost them a good bit of money to replace all those discs. Too bad the Wii isn't patch friendly.

Based on what's written on an Amazon review though, it sounds like it only prevents some backtracking, and not necessarily make it impossible to beat the game... though I'm not sure I understand the glitch in its entirety.

So the consensus is the game is no good? No point in buying something I'm never going to play.
The main reason I passed on PT (I reserved it) is because of the controls. I am not a fan of using the nunchuck. I am aware that you can use a regular controller but that it is much harder.

Still, I snagged XB and LS LE day 1. If history tells us anything, its that this game will eventually go up in price; it's a cult RPG, limited print that was released toward the end of a system's life cycle. A worthy $20 investment, if you ask me.

I got Xenoblade, Last Story and still have $5 on Pandora's Tower (reserved it, never got it).

Five, ten years from now this game will be worth a decent penny, IMO.

Good luck waiting five to ten years.

The main reason I passed on PT (I reserved it) is because of the controls. I am not a fan of using the nunchuck. I am aware that you can use a regular controller but that it is much harder.

Still, I snagged XB and LS LE day 1. If history tells us anything, its that this game will eventually go up in price; it's a cult RPG, limited print that was released toward the end of a system's life cycle. A worthy $20 investment, if you ask me.

That is just pathetic.. I call video games entertainment not investments. Sure the games can go up in value but you even stated five to ten years. That's a real sound investment you got there.

Saw this myself, anyone know if they have a limited/special edition like they did for the last story or all versions standard? Will pick one up soon at this price point.

That is just pathetic.. I call video games entertainment not investments. Sure the games can go up in value but you even stated five to ten years. That's a real sound investment you got there.

Hey there, angry person! How's it going?

I a gamer through in and through out. You got a hobby? Maybe you fix cars or collect adult grade anime magazines. I don't know and I'm not going to judge. My hobby? Collecting video games. I mainly collect SNES and black label PS1 games, but I do grab titles that I feel will become more valuable in the near future.

You don't even know me and you're calling me pathetic. That's pathetic.

And on a side note, I'm not sitting on games I collect to sell them, either. I just have a collection that I'm proud of and that most gamers would like to have. I'm not waiting five or ten years to make a profit. I just think there's something special about having rare games, guides. It's my hobby.

But hey, go on and judge. You'll get real far in life that way. Nice talking to ya'.

Hey there, angry person! How's it going?

I a gamer through in and through out. You got a hobby? Maybe you fix cars or collect adult grade anime magazines. I don't know and I'm not going to judge. My hobby? Collecting video games. I mainly collect SNES and black label PS1 games, but I do grab titles that I feel will become more valuable in the near future.

You don't even know me and you're calling me pathetic. That's pathetic.

And on a side note, I'm not sitting on games I collect to sell them, either. I just have a collection that I'm proud of and that most gamers would like to have. I'm not waiting five or ten years to make a profit. I just think there's something special about having rare games, guides. It's my hobby.

But hey, go on and judge. You'll get real far in life that way. Nice talking to ya'.

I never said you are pathetic. I said buying video games to call them investments is pathetic.

You're delusional for even thinking that they will appreciate in value. If you thought they would depreciate then I'd agree with you.

The game will get a port or a reprint before it's ever worth anything. Hence why it's $20 bucks.

You're whole its a niche RPG that's is going to be sought after is all fabricated BS that everyone who gets into JRPG's says nowadays. Then a reprint comes along and you guys complain and whine about over paying.

Just look at xenoblade chronicles.

If more people bought games for entertainment purposes and not investments then this site would have half as much bickering and whining.

Bought a copy, reached my price.

After seeing The Last Story drop in price, I knew this wouldn't be hard to find so I waited.

Quite honestly I only really buy RPG's as investments if it's a limited release edition (like Tales of Xillia). I never buy games just for an investment purpose. I buy them to play, but I will spend the extra money on a Limited for a collectors purpose. (but still play them of course).

Although it's slowly turning into I buy stuff and it sits on my shelf because of backlog, lol.

I never said you are pathetic. I said buying video games to call them investments is pathetic.

You're delusional for even thinking that they will appreciate in value. If you thought they would depreciate then I'd agree with you.

The game will get a port or a reprint before it's ever worth anything. Hence why it's $20 bucks.

You're whole its a niche RPG that's is going to be sought after is all fabricated BS that everyone who gets into JRPG's says nowadays. Then a reprint comes along and you guys complain and whine about over paying.

Just look at xenoblade chronicles.

If more people bought games for entertainment purposes and not investments then this site would have half as much bickering and whining.

I'm delusional now? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. And it's not just JRPGs that appreciate in value, either.

Just because a game goes digital, or a platinum hits is released doesn't mean the original - black label, for example, will decrease in value. Chrono Trigger - released on handhelds, smartphones, tablets and PS1 still holds its value. You think current gen games won't follow the same trend?

There was a point when Suikoden II was $8 in the clearance bin because next gen was all the rage.

If more people respected how others game, then this site would have half as much "bickering and whining."

Later dude.

I'm delusional now? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. And it's not just JRPGs that appreciate in value, either.

Just because a game goes digital, or a platinum hits is released doesn't mean the original - black label, for example, will decrease in value. Chrono Trigger - released on handhelds, smartphones, tablets and PS1 still holds its value. You think current gen games won't follow the same trend?

There was a point when Suikoden II was $8 in the clearance bin because next gen was all the rage.

If more people respected how others game, then this site would have half as much "bickering and whining."

Later dude.

If your example of games depreciating in value comes from chrono trigger or earthbound you're going to end up like a comic book speculator from the 90's getting pissed that his collection didn't pay for their kids college.

But good luck to your so called "investment" maybe you are right and in five- ten years you can sell your $20 dollar copy for $40 bucks.

It is good. People are just mad that they paid close to full price thinking it would hold it's value for awhile.

I thought folks were mad because there is an end game glitch in NA copies that might prevent you from completing the game.

I owe the other two "rainforest" games and want this one but not if I can't complete it :cry:

If your example of games depreciating in value comes from chrono trigger or earthbound you're going to end up like a comic book speculator from the 90's getting pissed that his collection didn't pay for their kids college.

But good luck to your so called "investment" maybe you are right and in five- ten years you can sell your $20 dollar copy for $40 bucks.
You clearly don't or can't read. I don't buy the games to sell them. I like collecting rare games. As I said, it's a hobby.

Games like Dead Space, Resident Evil, etc, I buy, play, and then flip. Then there's other games that I hold on to because I feel they're worth something. There's plenty of people like me - who enjoy playing Final Fantasy 7 on a PS1 on an analog TV. Or Mario Kart with some old friends on the SNES.

When everything goes digital - which it eventually will - hard copies will be more valuable. I think that's a logical assumption.

Heck, for all I know my collection will be sold off by my kids when I'm long gone on Pawn Stars for $100.

Anyway, I'm done talking to a brick that can't absorb another person's opinion. Seriously, good luck in life with that attitude. I'm out.

You clearly don't or can't read. I don't buy the games to sell them. I like collecting rare games. As I said, it's a hobby.

Games like Dead Space, Resident Evil, etc, I buy, play, and then flip. Then there's other games that I hold on to because I feel they're worth something. There's plenty of people like me - who enjoy playing Final Fantasy 7 on a PS1 on an analog TV. Or Mario Kart with some old friends on the SNES.

When everything goes digital - which it eventually will - hard copies will be more valuable. I think that's a logical assumption.

Heck, for all I know my collection will be sold off by my kids when I'm long gone on Pawn Stars for $100.

Anyway, I'm done talking to a brick that can't absorb another person's opinion. Seriously, good luck in life with that attitude. I'm out.

That's a counterintuitive way of thinking for someone that called the purchase a investment them-self . Not to mention hypocrisy that you think you other peoples opinion don't count but only yours does.

I think for anyone buying a copy to play, this looks interesting. But if you're buying with the impression that this will be a rare collectible game I think you'll be disappointed.
Games like Xenoblade, Metroid Triolgy, Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, etc were all very highly rated games. Pandora's Tower has been rather average to mediocre in reviews. I doubt anyone is going to be seeking this out years from now. Maybe Last Story, but not this.

Anyways I think it looks pretty good and might check it out.

Yea I've gone on the rant in other threads for this, I play games, and will long after these people sell their worthless collection off.

And if self righteous, egomaniac, judgmental pricks like you weren't on this site there would be none...troll
There's a reason needler was nominated for cag villain last year. Dude absolutely sucks.

Anyway, what is the last wii exclusive game? Is it this one? (I'm not talking Nintendo first party)

Yep, you are right no games from this generation will be worth Chrono Trigger or Earthbound money. That's why I sold my extra sealed Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition for $400, Star Wars TFU Sith Edition (PS3) for $180 or Metroid Prime Trilogy for $250. And Demon's Souls was the only one of those I DIDN'T buy on clearance, bargain bin prices as well. There was even the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition that was selling for 300% its retail price before it even came out, no need to wait 5 or 10 years on that one.

I don't have much time to play games anymore, so combining the deal hunting with making speculative purchases on what may go up in value adds fun to the hobby when I can't sit down and play. And you know what else? I've been right more times than wrong, and the first time I bought multiples speculating a game would go up in value WAS Earthbound back in 1996 when I was 9.

Collecting doesn't seem to be a hobby of yours, but that doesn't mean you can sling names and insults around just because its something you don't agree with or care for. There are MANY people that collect video games, just like there are many people that collect toys, cards, coins, stamps, dolls, etc.

bread's done
Back