Semi-specific, different kind of question

GreatRedDragon

CAGiversary!
A close friend of mine whom I've known for about 25 years just gave me a Super Nintendo for my birthday. It has some sentimental significance because the two of us spent many hours playing all different kinds of SNES games together and bonding during that time.

Now I have a daughter who is five and who loves playing games with me (and whom I love playing games with) and I really want to share some of that history and bonding with her. I've tried letting her play some emulated SNES games on my computer but her problem is that she can't quite get a good grip on the 360 controller that I use for them. So in a way this was the perfect gift for me to receive.

My question is about which games I should get, but I don't want this to be just a regular "Which SNES games should I get" because I've pretty much gotten that figured out. I want it to be more of a discussion on which games would be the best to introduce to and play with my 5-year-old. I know there are a few CAGs out there with kids so any real world experience on what games work best with kids would be great.

For reference, she loves playing the LEGO games with me, and she also enjoys side scrollers, but she can't really cope with anything too fast paced. She is a big fan of Kirby after playing a couple of his games on Wii so I was thinking of checking out some Kirby games on SNES for us to try. I'm also thinking of a couple turn based RPGs (like Super Mario RPG) for her to push the buttons on if I tell her what to do.

What do you folks think?

bread's done
Back