Select PS3 "Greatest Hits" Titles for $15 (PS AllStars, Sly Cooper) @ Best Buy

dvgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Time to price match on amazon folks. Submit those price matches.

I submitted price matches on amazon for

Twisted metal

Sly cooper thieves in time

All-stars battle royale

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting to get Sly or Twisted Metal, but it's that time of year to start avoid buying games like these and wait for Black Friday when they will be even cheaper.

I still need All-stars, Origins and Twisted Metal but I don't know if I like the price point enough yet.

Anyone know if the All-stars still has the vita version in it? Also am I being too much of a CAG wanting to hold out for $10? :p

I still need All-stars, Origins and Twisted Metal but I don't know if I like the price point enough yet.

Anyone know if the All-stars still has the vita version in it? Also am I being too much of a CAG wanting to hold out for $10? :p
Yup, all new copies of PSASBR have the Vita version available to download (1x per disc).

No, you're not being too much of a CAG. There's no such thing as being too much of a CAG. ;)

Since $19.99 appears to be the new MSRP for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, I think I can wait for it to appear at $10 somewhere.

Mad at myself for buying Sly 4 and PSABR when they "went on sale" for $20 in what was actually a well disguised price drop.  More mad that I didn't follow my gut and flip the PS3 versions.

Don't forget 5% cashback with Discover for those that are going to shop BB.

And if you're lucky at Target, LBPK will have the Target exclusive dlc.

Tempting, but I think I'll wait until Sly and PS All-Stars hit $10.

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows, $19.99 is the new MSRP for all these games. Every Best Buy should have 2 cardboard display stands full of these if not more. $14.99 is still a nice $5 off though.

Amazon will match but got PS All Stars since I have $25 in credit. Still have a $50 gift card that I need to use on my PS4 controller. That can wait though.

Finally the wait is paying off for All Star and Sly. 15 for Cross Buy is awesome.Probably grab at Amazon cause I have credit.

Can I get Sly 4, get the Vita version attached to my account (how does that even work?) and then sell the disc away?

Thinking whether to jump at this price or wait for $10

Can I get Sly 4, get the Vita version attached to my account (how does that even work?) and then sell the disc away?
You certainly can - you just load up the disc and redeem digital benefits (it'll show up as a second disc). For what it's worth you'll miss out on being able to get all the trophies for the ps3 version if you don't have the disc anymore.

Assuming that Sly 4 works the same way as PSABR, you insert the game and go to disc benefit (located above the game disc) and click on it. Then it will take you somewhere to claim your Vita version of the game which will be locked onto your account. Once that is done you can just sell Sly 4. You won't be needing the disc ever again if you plan on playing the Vita version.

Edit: Damn... 1 minute too slow.. if only I didn't write a long description.

Also, is $15 for Ico & Shadow a good deal? I hear the game hasn't aged well.

thanks for the response guys! just for curiosity sake, after you claim the Vita version of the game, does something happen to the disc that makes the Vita version not usable on other consoles?

hmm I would say $15 is a good price for Ico and Shadow :)

thanks for the response guys! just for curiosity sake, after you claim the Vita version of the game, does something happen to the disc that makes the Vita version not usable on other consoles?

hmm I would say $15 is a good price for Ico and Shadow :)
Yep, it's a one time use from the disc, but with no code to enter. From what I have read, when you redeem the "disc benefits", the serial number from the disc (or whatever the code near the hold is called) is registered on PSN, which makes the disc benefits void from that disc going forward.

Yep, it's a one time use from the disc, but with no code to enter. From what I have read, when you redeem the "disc benefits", the serial number from the disc (or whatever the code near the hold is called) is registered on PSN, which makes the disc benefits void from that disc going forward.
i see thanks! man I hope Sony does this for all those HD games that will come to the Vita as well :/ like J&D HD Collections.. It's crossbuy in EU but not NA T_T

Well there's a couple interesting games there, KZ3 and ICO collection. I'm just not sure about these prices, especially with the Killzone Collection out there.

Looking at Sly, but anything I buy right now will just sit in the backlog and probably never get played with the next gen, Dark Souls 2 and Arkham Origins around the corner.

Well there's a couple interesting games there, KZ3 and ICO collection. I'm just not sure about these prices, especially with the Killzone Collection out there.
This price on Killzone 3 is laughable especially since the Trilogy was like $20 last fall at Gamestop. Really BB, should have that on sale here. I think Sly is the best deal here as the rest have been around these prices or cheaper before.

I played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2 a few years ago, around the time that GTA4 came out, and i thought the games were great then. The PS3 versions look considerably better, so I would absolutely recommend them. At $15, I'd buy the bundle in a moment if I didn't already own it.

Think I might jump on PS All Stars since it comes with the Vita version also.. And maybe Twisted Metal.  Is that Gran Turismo any good?

I'm in for Ico & Shadow collection. I have a $5 rewards coupon making the deal even sweeter. My backlog is a mile long but I can't help myself. It is this time in the generation when new consoles are on he horizon that my collection of games really start to pile up. Maybe I'll get o them, maybe I won't... Addiction.
LB

These games should be $10 by now.  Wait till Black Friday if you can?  I got Gran Turismo 5 XL for $10 from one of the sales months ago, and yes the game is very good...bullet-proof in fact. 

These games should be $10 by now. Wait till Black Friday if you can? I got Gran Turismo 5 XL for $10 from one of the sales months ago, and yes the game is very good...bullet-proof in fact.
As long as you have something to kill time during loading, and have enough free space for the install. I agree the gameplay istself is good.

I agree Sly and PSASBR seem like the best deals here, but ICO collection is worth it at that price.

Picking up ICO collection to use my $5 reward zone cert.

GT 5 XL was $10 at Best Buy within the past few months as investor mentioned, and God of War Origins is currently $13.xx at Amazon.

I bought All Stars a few days ago for $19.99 but I lost my receipt.. can they still do a price adjustment? I also didn't use my Best Buy card.. I know I know :/

bread's done
Back