Go away Miko, you're not contributing.

Grabbing Karting & PSASBR, thanks, OP.

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#33 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Can I get Sly 4, get the Vita version attached to my account (how does that even work?) and then sell the disc away?

Thinking whether to jump at this price or wait for $10

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#34 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

Can I get Sly 4, get the Vita version attached to my account (how does that even work?) and then sell the disc away?

You certainly can - you just load up the disc and redeem digital benefits (it'll show up as a second disc). For what it's worth you'll miss out on being able to get all the trophies for the ps3 version if you don't have the disc anymore.

MildObstruction.png

#35 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

Assuming that Sly 4 works the same way as PSABR, you insert the game and go to disc benefit (located above the game disc) and click on it. Then it will take you somewhere to claim your Vita version of the game which will be locked onto your account. Once that is done you can just sell Sly 4. You won't be needing the disc ever again if you plan on playing the Vita version.

Edit: Damn... 1 minute too slow.. if only I didn't write a long description.

Also, is $15 for Ico & Shadow a good deal? I hear the game hasn't aged well.

#36 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

thanks for the response guys! just for curiosity sake, after you claim the Vita version of the game, does something happen to the disc that makes the Vita version not usable on other consoles?

hmm I would say $15 is a good price for Ico and Shadow (:

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#37 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

thanks for the response guys! just for curiosity sake, after you claim the Vita version of the game, does something happen to the disc that makes the Vita version not usable on other consoles?

hmm I would say $15 is a good price for Ico and Shadow (:

Yep, it's a one time use from the disc, but with no code to enter.  From what I have read, when you redeem the "disc benefits", the serial number from the disc (or whatever the code near the hold is called) is registered on PSN, which makes the disc benefits void from that disc going forward.

#38 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yep, it's a one time use from the disc, but with no code to enter.  From what I have read, when you redeem the "disc benefits", the serial number from the disc (or whatever the code near the hold is called) is registered on PSN, which makes the disc benefits void from that disc going forward.

i see thanks! man I hope Sony does this for all those HD games that will come to the Vita as well :/ like J&D HD Collections.. It's crossbuy in EU but not NA T_T

#39 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Is Twisted Metal worth getting for the single player?  I have no interest in the online...

I didn't care for it in the least. 

#40 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well there's a couple interesting games there, KZ3 and ICO collection. I'm just not sure about these prices, especially with the Killzone Collection out there.

#41 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Looking at Sly, but anything I buy right now will just sit in the backlog and probably never get played with the next gen, Dark Souls 2 and Arkham Origins around the corner.

#42 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Well there's a couple interesting games there, KZ3 and ICO collection. I'm just not sure about these prices, especially with the Killzone Collection out there.

This price on Killzone 3 is laughable especially since the Trilogy was like $20 last fall at Gamestop. Really BB, should have that on sale here. I think Sly is the best deal here as the rest have been around these prices or cheaper before.

Posted Image

#43 timobkg

timobkg

CAG Maestro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2 a few years ago, around the time that GTA4 came out, and i thought the games were great then. The PS3 versions look considerably better, so I would absolutely recommend them. At $15, I'd buy the bundle in a moment if I didn't already own it.

#44 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Think I might jump on PS All Stars since it comes with the Vita version also.. And maybe Twisted Metal.  Is that Gran Turismo any good?

axlrose4183.png

#45 Laughing Buddha

Laughing Buddha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm in for Ico & Shadow collection. I have a $5 rewards coupon making the deal even sweeter. My backlog is a mile long but I can't help myself. It is this time in the generation when new consoles are on he horizon that my collection of games really start to pile up. Maybe I'll get o them, maybe I won't... Addiction.
LB

#46 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

These games should be $10 by now.  Wait till Black Friday if you can?  I got Gran Turismo 5 XL for $10 from one of the sales months ago, and yes the game is very good...bullet-proof in fact. 

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#47 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

These games should be $10 by now.  Wait till Black Friday if you can?  I got Gran Turismo 5 XL for $10 from one of the sales months ago, and yes the game is very good...bullet-proof in fact. 

As long as you have something to kill time during loading, and have enough free space for the install.  I agree the gameplay istself is good.

I agree Sly and PSASBR seem like the best deals here, but ICO collection is worth it at that price.

#48 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Picking up ICO collection to use my $5 reward zone cert.

GT 5 XL was $10 at Best Buy within the past few months as investor mentioned, and God of War Origins is currently $13.xx at Amazon.

#49 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I bought All Stars a few days ago for $19.99 but I lost my receipt.. can they still do a price adjustment? I also didn't use my Best Buy card.. I know I know :/

#50 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

That's a good price on the ICO collection but I would pass on KZ3 at that price point.  Been available at other times and places for $15 and waiting for a good price on the trilogy myself.

I bought All Stars a few days ago for $19.99 but I lost my receipt.. can they still do a price adjustment? I also didn't use my Best Buy card.. I know I know :/

Did you have them do your Reward Zone?

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#51 mikeda

mikeda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Must resist.  Must believe that many of these games are exactly the kind of games that will end up PS+ soon if they haven't already been there.  I bought discounted cards knowing it would be somewhat mandatory for the PS4, so now I need to get the full benefit out of those cards.  None of these are games I must play in the next few months.  Patience.

#52 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Heh, I just bought All Stars last week...looks like I'll be getting $5 back when I go in Tuesday to pick up Boardwalk Empire S3...

#53 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

That's a good price on the ICO collection but I would pass on KZ3 at that price point.  Been available at other times and places for $15 and waiting for a good price on the trilogy myself.

Did you have them do your Reward Zone?

Nope but I used a gift card.

#54 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Oh I'm even more mad at myself now.  The TIV at BBY are still decent and could have happily unloaded the PS3 versions with the double credit while I was there yesterday.

Nope but I used a gift card.

Hmm, not sure but they might be able to look it up if you have the GC still.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#55 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Does anyone know if these copies of Twisted Metal come with the digital copy of Twisted Metal: Black or was that like a first-print run kind of thing?

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#56 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Does anyone know if these copies of Twisted Metal come with the digital copy of Twisted Metal: Black or was that like a first-print run kind of thing?

I think it was a first print run only.  I know the copy I got packed in with the white DS3 did not come with TM Black.

#57 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

I think it was a first print run only.  I know the copy I got packed in with the white DS3 did not come with TM Black.

Yeah it was first run only.

Trade List

#58 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yeah it was first run only.

Thank you guys :)

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#59 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

$5 down the drain!! :'(

#60 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

$5 down the drain!! :'(

Even though I shop there so seldom it doesn't really add up I still always give them my RZ phone number just so I don't have to worry about what I did with the receipt.

Trade List