PS Vita $199 at Best Buy (and Amazon)

Either Best Buy is price matching Target or this is a price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem like PS Vita with HD coming out soon or Possible new PS Vita version bundle with PS4.  Sony trying clear out they inventory b4 new version!  I holding off this long i can waits for a month or two see what is coming ;)

Vita with HD??? News to me. Looks like I'd better scrape some cash together. I love my Vita but if there is an improved version coming out I'm happy to upgrade.

Vita with HD??? News to me. Looks like I'd better scrape some cash together. I love my Vita but if there is an improved version coming out I'm happy to upgrade.
The next PSVita model will more likely be a PSVita XL. It will have a larger OLED screen by Samsung (6.3" compared to 5", but same resolution), onboard RAM increased to 1gb, and redesigned in line with PS4. It will also be backward compatible. There should be some sort of announcement in Sept, prior to the Tokyo Game Show convention.

If Sony adds a mini-hdmi port, I will upgrade, as well.

The next PSVita model will more likely be a PSVita XL. It will have a larger OLED screen by Samsung (6.3" compared to 5"), onboard RAM increased to 1gb, and redesigned in line with PS4. It will also be backward compatible. There should be some sort of announcement in Sept, prior to the Tokyo Game Show convention.

If its as good of an upgrade as the 3DS XL was I'm definitely in. That sounds awesome. If I can get if for a small net upgrade cost I might do it anyway. The 3DS XL ended up costing me about $20 after combining a special high trade in credit for the original plus a gift card sale and the XL being on sale all at once. I was thrilled to pay so little for so much more.

RUMOR: Japanese newspaper Tokyo Keizai reported a rumor that Sony is set to reveal a new PS Vita model in September before the Tokyo Game Show. The new model PCH-2000 will have a 6.3" display manufactured by Samsung (screen size of the current model is 5"), and the resolution will remain at 960 x 554 pixels. The amount of RAM will increase from 512MB to 1GB, to allow more programs to run in the background, the amount of RAM used by games will be unchanged (meaning games are still compatible between old and new models). In addition, the design of the new model will be more in-line with the PS4 design; and the system will launch with new game titles.

I really hope so, that's the one thing really holding me (and I'm sure many others) back. There is no reason for their memory cards to be so ridiculously high.

RUMOR: Japanese newspaper Tokyo Keizai reported a rumor that Sony is set to reveal a new PS Vita model in September before the Tokyo [SIZE=100%]Game[/SIZE] Show. The new model PCH-2000 will have a 6.3" display manufactured by Samsung (screen size of the current model is 5"), and the resolution will remain at 960 x 554 pixels. The amount of RAM will increase from 512MB to 1GB, to allow more programs to run in the background, the amount of RAM used by games will be unchanged (meaning games are still compatible between old and new models). In addition, the design of the new model will be more in-line with the PS4 design; and the system will launch with new game titles.
Uh, did you want to link that or something?

RUMOR: Japanese newspaper Tokyo Keizai reported a rumor that Sony is set to reveal a new PS Vita model in September before the Tokyo Game Show. The new model PCH-2000 will have a 6.3" display manufactured by Samsung (screen size of the current model is 5"), and the resolution will remain at 960 x 554 pixels. The amount of RAM will increase from 512MB to 1GB, to allow more programs to run in the background, the amount of RAM used by games will be unchanged (meaning games are still compatible between old and new models). In addition, the design of the new model will be more in-line with the PS4 design; and the system will launch with new game titles.
The current PS Vita with the 5" display seems fine for me, can't imagine holding a 6.3" PS Vita for long durations. I'm going to assume a larger Vita will also mean a more expensive Vita.

The current PS Vita with the 5" display seems fine for me, can't imagine holding a 6.3" PS Vita for long durations. I'm going to assume a larger Vita will also mean a more expensive Vita.
If Sony is smart they won't make the thing any more expensive than it is now. If they market a $300 Vita why would anyone buy one when they can get a PS3 for that price or PS4 for only $100 more.

That said, I love my Vita. I don't play it all that much but the sales have been fantastic lately, along with the PS+ stuff, and I got to finally play Persona 4 (never would've tried it otherwise) it's been a great investment. I highly encourage anyone on the fence to jump in, especially with the PS4 on the way.

I'll be in the minority I know, but I prefer my Vita to the 3DS I had a couple of months ago.

If you search for this block of text it shows up on a bunch of different games forums. However, if you search for the newspaper listed, it doesn't exist. This is just some trolls hoping to trick gullible people into spreading this across the internet.

There is no evidence that Sony will release a new version of the VIta any time soon.

If you search for this block of text it shows up on a bunch of different games forums. However, if you search for the newspaper listed, it doesn't exist. This is just some trolls hoping to trick gullible people into spreading this across the internet.

There is no evidence that Sony will release a new version of the VIta any time soon.
Well, that's why it's called a rumor.

A Vita revision would be foolish, the device is nearly perfect as it is. The Memory Card prices are the device's most obvious flaw, and SONY seems completely reluctant to address the issue.

Still not worth the money for a dead piece of hardware.  And it is dead no matter what anybody from NeoGAF says.  

A Vita revision would be foolish, the device is nearly perfect as it is. The Memory Card prices are the device's most obvious flaw, and SONY seems completely reluctant to address the issue.
Perfect? Absolute lie. Its 2013 and uses over priced proprietary memory cards. The thing is a joke. I would say people need to avoid this piece of hardware but from the sales it seems they already do.

Gamescom is in a few days, this could be an effort to get sales at a higher price tag before an incoming price drop.  I'm not interested in Vita at all but I'd wait a few days if I were.  Just a thought, if people are wanting to save some $...

If you don't mind used, Cowboom is still the way to go. Many CAGS have picked it up for $120ish I believe.

I myself am waiting for another good Cowboom deal. Funny enough they are owned by Best Buy. Perhaps $100ish.

Same feeling. 6.3" would also imply heavier body or less battery life. I hope they keep vita comfortable first. I can't imagine if I need to play vita like the wii u gamepad.

I am pretty sure it was a joke, since that will only make the device cost more. No one, not even 1990's Sega would make a more expensive model to prevent a lack of sales that people attribute to cost. The only reason the XL sells is because it's only slightly more expensive, but I doubt we will see a $30 dollar price increase for that Vita.

Good call.  Algertman must not own a 360 either if he hates overpriced, proprietary storage so much.

Price drop on system and memory cards would be huge !!! My vita is my most played system I have. With PSP and playstation one games
It's my travel partner

Any revision would be aimed at reducing the manufacturing cost.
This^

Revisions are always a matter of cost reduction. I've been waiting for "2000/Slim" since I purchased my original Vita. If they can improve the overall unit and then reduce the cost, why wouldn't they?

I think if they announce a new redesigned slim model, and make the design closer to the PS4, and reduce cost, this will be HUGE come the holidays. Especially if they announce some decent games and cross features with the PS4.

The next PSVita model will more likely be a PSVita XL. It will have a larger OLED screen by Samsung (6.3" compared to 5", but same resolution), onboard RAM increased to 1gb, and redesigned in line with PS4. It will also be backward compatible. There should be some sort of announcement in Sept, prior to the Tokyo Game Show convention.

Why the heck would Sony use Samsung when Sony pioneered OLED?

the launch deal is super temping for $200 with memory card and a game, but i'm sticking with my gut gonna hold out till after gamescom hopefully they announce a new model of vita with onboard memory.

the launch deal is super temping for $200 with memory card and a game, but i'm sticking with my gut gonna hold out till after gamescom hopefully they announce a new model of vita with onboard memory.
Careful with the launch bundle if you are expecting the free game:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vita-3g-wi-fi-launch-bundle/2095647.p?id=1218308724397&skuId=2095647

*Free PSN game promotional offer expires May 31, 2012; redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not transferable, nor redeemable; limit one per customer; offer for purchasers of Sony PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only.

Careful with the launch bundle if you are expecting the free game:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vita-3g-wi-fi-launch-bundle/2095647.p?id=1218308724397&skuId=2095647

*Free PSN game promotional offer expires May 31, 2012; redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not transferable, nor redeemable; limit one per customer; offer for purchasers of Sony PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only.
It also required a month of 3G for $15 dollars...

Would think about getting one with the price drop... then I remember it really has no games (retail) and literally nothing coming out for it. 

I am seeing that the 3G launch Vita is gonna be hard to get since it's not available in store or online. I was thinking should I get the Walking Dead Vita Bundle (don't care about the game but comes with 4GB memory card) for $199 or just wait for a new Vita or official Price Drop?

I got the white Vita ACL bundle from Amazon during last holiday's sale.  Other than Guacamelee, I haven't bought any games for it since the PS+ games have kept me busy.  Very happy with the system so far (although I'm still waiting for a price drop on the memory cards).

I am seeing that the 3G launch Vita is gonna be hard to get since it's not available in store or online. I was thinking should I get the Walking Dead Vita Bundle (don't care about the game but comes with 4GB memory card) for $199 or just wait for a new Vita or official Price Drop?
Well TWD bundle does not come out until Tuesday (Gamescom) anyways, so you should be good waiting until then.

what do you guys think about jumping on this just as a backup system? I have a white AC Vita that i use but definitely want a backup in case anything happens. Will it hit $200 o less again later on? My only concern is the rumors of a new model. If thats the case im worried they may just discontinue this one and i wont be able to find one for

I think once the Memory card prices get slashed a bit the Vita will be more adopted even with a bit of a lack of games presently (will likely change once every developer has the ps4/vita connectivity thing and vita becomes more adopted. I felt dirty paying for that expensive as heck Memory Card (32 gig one)....and just hope Sony decides to see what people want for their Vitas or future Vitas (like they did with the PS4) and change some of the downfalls of the system.

what do you guys think about jumping on this just as a backup system? I have a white AC Vita that i use but definitely want a backup in case anything happens. Will it hit $200 o less again later on? My only concern is the rumors of a new model. If thats the case im worried they may just discontinue this one and i wont be able to find one for <$200 around xmas or anything
I wouldn't worry about it.

On an unrelated note, FatBoyInside, where is your avatar and sig from?
Looks like his avatar is from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", and the sig is from "School Rumble". Melancholy is a lot of fun, School Rumble anime was kind of fun, but the manga went to crap when it hit the latter chapters. The ending was utter dung.

Why the heck would Sony use Samsung when Sony pioneered OLED?
Economies of scale. Samsung is a huge component manufacturer, while Sony doens't make millions of small OLED screens. Heck, they could probably get a 6" screen from Samsung for less than Sony makes 5" screens in house.

bread's done
Back