Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Disney Infinity 3-Packs Sidekicks & Villains $14.96, Cars & Lone Ranger Play Sets $19.96 (Available for in-store pickup)

Disney infinity Infinity Walmart

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yep Walmart is generally terrible about getting their stuff stocked on time. I always bug someone and have them check the back.

#32 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yep Walmart is generally terrible about getting their stuff stocked on time. I always bug someone and have them check the back.

But it's a game. They go out on Tuesdays not Sundays... I'm sure that's the reasoning

#33 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

But it's a game. They go out on Tuesdays not Sundays... I'm sure that's the reasoning

It depends on the Walmart I'm sure but it doesn't matter. I'll go for a release of a game or product at midnight (even on Tuesday) and 90% of the time it isn't there. I ask them to check the back. They inevitably "can't find it" or "haven't gotten their shipment" so they take my name and number to call me later. So I then go to a second farther Walmart which also does not have the stuff stocked, but when I ask them to check the back they find the stuff. Happens this way for me most of the time I go to Walmart for release products.

#34 unkleEL

unkleEL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Quick question I bought 2 of the Lone Ranger adventure packs so I could play co-op with my kid ( we have 2 starter sets pre-ordered, 2 separate Xboxes in the house). Does the crystal just unlock the level on the disc like Skylanders did ? if so I could return one because I would still have 2 figures to play on the level, The Lone Ranger and Tonto. Would this work ?

By the way it's described you have to keep them on the portal just like the characters. At least that's what one of their PR folks said in a video on YouTube.

#35 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Not sure why you need two copies of the playset. I think it comes with two characters and can do co-op out the box unless you guys want to both be the Lone Ranger, one set should do.

#36 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

The playsets have to be on the portal the whole time you play it.  If you take it off, it boots you out.  We are keeping our figures in the boxes, so you can sit the playset figure in the middle on the power up disc area, and angle it to where either the lone ranger or tonto is on the player one slot.

#37 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Order placed online. Stopped by WalMart on way to TRU and nothing was out. Came back after TRU and still nothing. Got email that my in store pickup which was in stock for today is bow delayed a week. Cancelled order and pm'd at TRU.

#38 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Order placed online. Stopped by WalMart on way to TRU and nothing was out. Came back after TRU and still nothing. Got email that my in store pickup which was in stock for today is bow delayed a week. Cancelled order and pm'd at TRU.

lol exact same thing here most likely. I'm going to go check a Walmart out first to be sure, but otherwise same story.

How did you PM at TrU? Do you need an ad? Would an online printout of the Walmart price work?

#39 FlopperNewt

FlopperNewt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

I picked these sets up this morning at the sale price also. I bought the starter pack too, and was surprised to find that they gave me a $15 gc with it. I saw that deal online but I figured it was preorder only. So I made it out for just over $100 and a $15 card in the deal - pretty happy with that.

#40 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Tried to hit this deal at Wal Mart this morning. Had to head out that way anyway. Ended up walking out empty handed.

I'll have my girlfriend PM this at Best Buy later today.

#41 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Is it  instore price as well or only at online?

468x60b1-eeae34c8b34e9052a2340416e433ef6

#42 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Should I pick up  DISNEY INFINITY Power Disc Pack?  Each Pack have different SKU or the same SKU ? 

"Evil is Funs"

#43 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Power discs are blind buys.  The TRU ones have an exclusive disc in them right now, 1 out of 10.  It's all the same one right now though.  I bought 5 today at gamestop and ended up with 3 of mickeys car, and 2 of the fish from nemo out of the batch, all others were unique.  But they do add a lot to the game, either weapons, power boosts, vehicles, or world themes.

#44 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I ordered the two 3 packs of characters and the two playsets.  Got an email that all but one character pack was ready for pickup.  The last thing they will ship and I can pickup on August 26th.

I'm still not even sure I want this game.  I ordered them more for the deal and then I'd think about whether I want it.  I know it is probably more a kids game, but I did play the first Skylanders.  Are there reviews up for Infinity yet?

#45 jm821

jm821

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Colma, CA target has the sidekicks 3 pack for 9.49. Don't know if it applies to all targets (1 left as of 9:15pst). Only thing left besides that we're single characters.

#46 unkleEL

unkleEL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP..price matched these at Target without a problem.

#47 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Power discs are blind buys.  The TRU ones have an exclusive disc in them right now, 1 out of 10.  It's all the same one right now though.  I bought 5 today at gamestop and ended up with 3 of mickeys car, and 2 of the fish from nemo out of the batch, all others were unique.  But they do add a lot to the game, either weapons, power boosts, vehicles, or world themes.

Thanks!. Kinda suck & waste money when you don't know what it's inside  Each Pack & keep buying it!  Well talking here is $5 plus taxes here.  How many we have to buy ??  Still i will pick up 2 packs (TRU Exclusive) later this week.  Possible i will ask the employee i able to buy more Packs & swap them later when new pack arrive!!!!

"Evil is Funs"

#48 kingwormer

kingwormer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

We went to our Walmart last night at midnight. I'm in Pearland Tx, the section was empty. Noone was even working electronics. We called a manager to help. He looks confused. He went to the back to find them. Brought out a starter pack and said that's all he had. So me and my friend went to the toys department, and just found the Lone Ranger set sitting there. So odds are your figures are all in the toys department, FYI.

#49 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

And...just got my ready-for-pickup email from the same store whose employee said they'd not yet received their shipment. I had since then been able to go to Best Buy to PM the deal so I could also get RZ points. Now to cancel the Walmart order or let the pickup window expire.

Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#50 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I posted in the trade thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ty-power-discs/

I spent way too much blind buying on the discs but I got some interesting stuff to try out.  It's better to feel the packs though.  I was looking for circles and easily completed that set.

#51 Fearbeard

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

$30 MSRP is insane.

Tempted by the sale prices, but there is no way I'd pay full price for any of the sets.

Games Completed -  2014 - 2013 - 2012 
Game Spending List -  2014 - 2013 - 2012

#52 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

the modular setting usually dont go into their computers until Saturday or Sunday so unless a manager or a decent associate is ontop of stuff(which usually they are not) it wont be set until the dept. manager comes in.

funny my local store was getting shipments daily starting this past Monday . so i believe the we havent got any shipments excuse is bull..its more like "well Walter didn't put the gaming stuff away right and we dont know where they are so you're S O L til he comes back"

so just keep trying.

#53 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Work at a WI Walmart (going back from lunch in a minute). Smaller store; we didn't get any 3-packs or adventure packs in, but I got everything ready for overnights to put out at Midnight before I left at 5pm yesterday, came in at 11am and found everything I had thrown on the cart to go out was literally exactly where I left it, untouched, from the night before.

I'd be tempted if the adventure packs added trophies, but it looks like they're copying Skylanders and making sure none of the trophies require additional figures . . . good to a point, but if I'm spending twice as much on extra figures I want some extra acknowledgement. So looks like I'm passing for now.

Rohsiph.png

#54 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

I had a similar experience -- one Walmart had nothing but the starter sets out, a bigger Walmart had the starter sets and single packs only, while a small run down Walmart had everything stocked properly. Go figure.

Anyway, I was able to pick up one of the 3-figure packs for the sale price. Thanks OP!

As a side note, I was also there day 1 for the Skylander launch. It was almost exactly the same sort of situation. My Best Buy didn't even know what I was talking about. Fast forward to Christmas, you couldn't find the things. Expect the same with Infinity since it's getting really good reviews. I've only seen one negative one so far.

#55 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Colma, CA target has the sidekicks 3 pack for 9.49. Don't know if it applies to all targets (1 left as of 9:15pst). Only thing left besides that we're single characters.

Anyone else run into cheap 3 packs? The villains 3 pack was normal price at my store.

#56 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

ykcq.jpgApparently my Walmart Supercenter (Casselberry/Winter Park?, FL, on Semoran) received *nothing.* The section's empty, waiting to be stocked, but they're still waiting for their shipment.

EDIT: FWIW, I had someone scan the shelf tag, and she was the one who told me they hadn't received their shipment. Then after returning home from having breakfast at McD's, I was able to place an in-store pickup at the same store, supposedly able to be picked up today. We'll see how that turns out.

I'll let you in on a little secret:

Walmart employees tend to wait until noonish before they put out new release stuff.

If the guy scanned it with the scannermabobber, it more than likely had a count but no bin location, which means he didn't want to be arsed to find where they are. So he told you a lie by saying that they haven't received them yet.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#57 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

it looks like my order got cancelled, i guess they didn't have it in stock or it got sold out. It looks like i would have to hit up a couple of walmarts on my to work tonite hoping they still have it.

And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#58 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

it looks like my order got cancelled, i guess they didn't have it in stock or it got sold out. It looks like i would have to hit up a couple of walmarts on my to work tonite hoping they still have it.

Go to target or bestbuy & get them price match it or you can get it from amazon with free shipping ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#59 Rakari

Rakari

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

My local Target ad had both the cars and lone ranger sets for $ 17.46 each. Was able to get walmart to price match both. I also ran into the not stocked issue and had to have a manager go pull them from the back.