Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Toys R' Us Buy 1 Get One 40%

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 RDE80

RDE80

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

I saw in their weekly ad Toys R' Us has a buy one get one 40%.  All 3DS, PS3, and Xbox 360 software. Offer excluded on Skylander and Disney Infinity starter packs.

"I bought the last one yesterday SUCKA!"

#2 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

There is a glitch that worked for me once, bought two of the exact same game and the 40% worked on both. Someone want to try it?

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

There is a glitch that worked for me once, bought two of the exact same game and the 40% worked on both. Someone want to try it?

Just tried it with two copies of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and the 40% off only applied to one of them, so it's a no-go. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4 trock3

trock3

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Saw this coming.

#5 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Wii U excluded?

Ugh.

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#6 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Just tried it with two copies of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and the 40% off only applied to one of them, so it's a no-go. :cry:

Oh wells, thanks.
Edit: did you try online or in store? It was at the B&M for me.

#7 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Seems to work on pre-orders too.

Posted Image

#8 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Oh wells, thanks.
Edit: did you try online or in store? It was at the B&M for me.

Online; I probably won't be able to get to a B&M today, unfortunately.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#9 premather

premather

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

I was looking to get a couple 3DS games but this deal looks to be just an average deal, judging from the full price of TRU's selection.

#10 trock3

trock3

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

CAG, should I snag X and Y at 32 a piece or wait for possible other sales?

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

CAG, should I snag X and Y at 32 a piece or wait for possible other sales?

I have a good feeling there will be at least one other good deal down the road--I'm personally hoping that Josh has TRU do a "Buy 1, get the other for 50% off" deal like he did for Black and White at Kmart when those released.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#12 trock3

trock3

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

I have a good feeling there will be at least one other good deal down the road--I'm personally hoping that Josh has TRU do a "Buy 1, get the other for 50% off" deal like he did for Black and White at Kmart when those released.

Thats what I'm hoping for, I recall getting black and white b1g1 50% off at TRU. With the current deal I'd have to wait 2 weeks for shipping on a pre-order.

#13 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Don't do it on pre-orders. They cancelled Monster Hunter 3 ultimate even though it already was released.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#14 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Don't do it on pre-orders. They cancelled Monster Hunter 3 ultimate even though it already was released.

Yeah, looking at the deal's picture on the site, it says pre-sells (assuming that means preorders) aren't eligible.

http://www.toysrus.c...813_Slide_2.jpg

#15 trock3

trock3

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

It's going through on pre-orders though.

#16 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Doesn't mean they can't or won't have time to cancel it. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#17 Fratty McDouche

Fratty McDouche

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

That or someone will have them for $29.99 each.  Thought about pairing Tales of Xillia with GTA V, but you're still paying $48 per game.  Also, for some reason, Tales of Xillia seems to be excluded online.  Buy 1 get one 40% off ain't that great when you're dealing with regular prices. 

#18 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well that's interesting.

#19 nathan88

nathan88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity Starter Packs, Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS, Star Fox 64 3D for Nintendo 3DS and sale items. Must add to cart 2 eligible items for offer to apply. Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to lowest priced item purchased.

It seems these are the only ones excluded. Should work on Pre-orders.

#20 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

Might be time for Mario Dream Team and Luigi's Mansion. Dream Team and Pikmin 3 would have been nice if Wii U was included.

#21 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM or would that be YMMV due to the % discount?

Miami+Flash15.png

#22 snky_pete

snky_pete

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone know if this applies to wii and wii u games?

#23 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM or would that be YMMV due to the % discount?

Possible, but not 100%.

Does anyone know if this applies to wii and wii u games?

Ad says no, but that never stopped it from working in the past. You could also start a stink and maybe get lucky. I think many managers would be happy to lose some Wii U stock. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#24 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Welp, decided to order Titanfall for X360 and GTA5 for PS3, so $35.99 for GTA5 :)  Let's see if TRU ends up cancelling preorders or not.

Changed my mind and get GTAV with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD.  Quite a combination there.

#25 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Had actually bought the last copy of :3ds: Tekken 3D while I was at TRU last night, and went to another today that still had a few of :3ds: Resident Evil. Thanks OP

#26 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Picked up two copies of Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

#27 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

I recall getting Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red for $24 at Bestbuy when they released. Elsewhere they sold for $30. 

Im tempted to do this deal but these games I WANT on day one. I need X at midnight, I havent been this pumped for a single game since prolly Smash Bros.

#28 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

Yeah at $32 a piece its not worth it imo, I will find it easily for $35 so $3 isnt worth it. I also feel we could buy 1 get 1 %50 off

#29 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

Are peoples preorders still being cancelled?

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#30 wutangonyamind

wutangonyamind

Slums of Shaolin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Any chance of price matching games that are part of the promotion then doing b1g1 40%?