Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

disney infinity

3441 replies to this topic

#1081 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Had to go to TRU today, so of course I cruised the skylander/ infinity section. Got all excited to see probably 30 goldpacks on the shelf. Checked upcs, they were all Mike's Car. :(

#1082 hellboypi

hellboypi

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ha ha, the Mike's Car restock just figures...

I caved and bought one off ebay this week because I figured since they hadn't really shown up since the Tron disc was released that that was it.  Now it seems like they're everywhere.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that the same disc will basically be in the Series 2...

#1083 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Ha ha, the Mike's Car restock just figures...

I caved and bought one off ebay this week because I figured since they hadn't really shown up since the Tron disc was released that that was it.  Now it seems like they're everywhere.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that the same disc will basically be in the Series 2...

Yeah... I'm tossing around selling my set of 22 and the book on eBay, since the same discs will be out in the next series. Kind of takes the fun out of the hunt. :(

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1084 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Really annoying that the TrU exclusives are not really exclusive at all except in color. Sure makes it easy to not care about collecting them now though.

#1085 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Really annoying that the TrU exclusives are not really exclusive at all except in color. Sure makes it easy to not care about collecting them now though.

This was stated before the game came out. Maybe for some this is a surprise, but the limited release was always stated from the get go.

PSN ID: Xplicit84

Xbox Live: Explicit84

NNID: Explicit

3DS Friend Codes: 4484-9799-5674 - ACNL Boxden

1693-1437-8788 - ACNL Yolovile

1719-3521-7445 - All other 3DS games

#1086 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

This was stated before the game came out. Maybe for some this is a surprise, but the limited release was always stated from the get go.

Yeah for some reason I was thinking that was wrong and they were actually exclusive. Saves me some time and money though so I'm not too worried about it.

#1087 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Proof? I read a lot about it and never saw that mentioned anywhere

#1088 io

io

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Actually, I am really, really happy to hear this.  I just want all the pieces in game.  I don't care about the colors and I am always pissed when TRU gets exclusives since you nearly always need to be there first thing in the morning the one time they ever get them.  So I can get a complete set of discs/hexes just from regular packs is what I'm hearing?  If that is the case, I won't even bother checking TRU today for the Mike's Car restock, which otherwise I would want to grab.

#1089 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

John Viggochi (sp?) executive producer at Disney Interactive made these comments. What's thrown everyone off is the shitty release cycle TRU has with these discs.

#1090 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

John Viggochi (sp?) executive producer at Disney Interactive made these comments. What's thrown everyone off is the shitty release cycle TRU has with these discs.

do you have a link of where he is quoted as saying that before release

#1091 Explicit

Explicit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

do you have a link of where he is quoted as saying that before release

If I wasn't out and about for the weekend I'd look for it. Check disneyinfinityfans.com. That's where I read it at.

#1092 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

I haven't heard this either but I think its great news. I just want the discs and not having to plan specific trips to TRU is great. I guess it's like the exclusive window for Jack Skellington then.

#1093 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I haven't heard this either but I think its great news. I just want the discs and not having to plan specific trips to TRU is great. I guess it's like the exclusive window for Jack Skellington then.

Well, not really, because to my knowledge the Jack figure that Gamestop is getting early is identical to the figure that everyone else will get later.

The Toys R Us discs are at least different in appearance.

oIi9lub.png

#1094 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Anyone selling the sorcerer mickey figure?

#1095 sky03

sky03

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

my TRU had a whole bunch of lighting mcqueen

psn= mushh
xbox live= mushx03

bf4= mush03
steam= skylinero3

#1096 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Anyone selling the sorcerer mickey figure?

Been told by TRU employee  TRU exclusive Crystal Sorcerer Figure on wave 2 :)

"Evil is Funs"

#1097 nitzerebb6

nitzerebb6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Added some new deals to the OP including Toys R Us bringing back their 2 for $6 sale on power discs.  Also a reminder for those with BJ's local to them, the B2G1 will expire on Wednesday, 9/18.

Toys 'R Us

Buy 1 Disney Infinity figure or accessory, get one 40% off

2 for $6 on all Disney Infinity Power Disc Packs (cheapest as they have ever been)

Walmart

Disney Infinity: Prima Official Game Guide (great price) - $11.99 (reg. $19.99)

#1098 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Here is a little more info of the next two "Crystal" figures.

Seems the date is 10/13 which makes more sense since its a Sunday.

http://vinylmationki...-mr-incredible/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1099 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Here is a little more info of the next two "Crystal" figures.

Seems the date is 10/13 which makes more sense since its a Sunday.

http://vinylmationki...-mr-incredible/

Crystal Infinite Sulley and Mr Incredible = That's really suck!
"Evil is Funs"

#1100 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Added some new deals to the OP including Toys R Us bringing back their 2 for $6 sale on power discs.  Also a reminder for those with BJ's local to them, the B2G1 will expire on Wednesday, 9/18.

Toys 'R Us
Buy 1 Disney Infinity figure or accessory, get one 40% off
2 for $6 on all Disney Infinity Power Disc Packs (cheapest as they have ever been)

Walmart
Disney Infinity: Prima Official Game Guide (great price) - $11.99 (reg. $19.99)

If I could offer a suggestion, I would move all the pre-order links to a separate section of the OP, similarly to how you did with the expired deals. It's a bit difficult to decipher what's a deal and what isn't immediately.

Also, Kmart has single figures for "Buy 1, get 1 50% off" this week. 9/15 to 9/21

Finally, if you want to include an "Upcoming Deals" section, Target will have the Starter Kit on sale for $59.99 from 9/22 to 9/28 (Reg. $74.99), and Kmart

oIi9lub.png

#1101 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Anyone know of any deals on the friends and enemies pack? That's all I need to complete my set. 😊
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#1102 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

FINALLY Target restocked their Lone Ranger sets. Used my rain check for $17.50. Except for the 2 Incredibles kids, I've got it all. Probably won't bother with the other crystal figures - other than Mickey.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1103 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Good price for the guide at WalMart, but without in-store pick-up, shipping ruins the deal. Guess I'll just go with Amazon. Still a decent price.

#1104 nitzerebb6

nitzerebb6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Thanks maximumzero edited the main post to make it more readable by separating out the pre-orders.  Also added the Kmart deal and upcoming Target deal on the Starter Pack.

#1105 io

io

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Wow, Series 2 isn't out until 11/26?  That seems like way too long of a gap - I have a feeling a lot of people are going to lose interest.  We already kind of have in our household after playing through the MU, Lone Ranger, Pirates, and most of the Cars play sets.  I'm getting kind of burnt out and with very little new content coming (just Toy Story, right?) it seems like my desire for collecting more power discs will be long gone by the end of November.  I realize this is a push for Christmas sales but still, that seems a bit late even for that.

#1106 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Wow, Series 2 isn't out until 11/26?  That seems like way too long of a gap - I have a feeling a lot of people are going to lose interest.  We already kind of have in our household after playing through the MU, Lone Ranger, Pirates, and most of the Cars play sets.  I'm getting kind of burnt out and with very little new content coming (just Toy Story, right?) it seems like my desire for collecting more power discs will be long gone by the end of November.  I realize this is a push for Christmas sales but still, that seems a bit late even for that.

Agreed. I feel like they should've broken things up into smaller waves, and released new figures/sets/discs every 5-6 weeks. Waiting 3 whole months is way too long... It'll still sell well in my opinion, but I really think they messed up staggering sales the way they are and won't keep maximum potential. Kids can be fickle, without new things coming out to keep their attention, they'll just move on to something else.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#1107 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Good price for the guide at WalMart, but without in-store pick-up, shipping ruins the deal. Guess I'll just go with Amazon. Still a decent price.

You can do a price match at Target.

#1108 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Well, if you are getting burned out already, wouldnt it be better having the gap so you have some time away and get back into it when the new stuff is out?

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1109 Heli88

Heli88

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

FINALLY Target restocked their Lone Ranger sets. Used my rain check for $17.50. Except for the 2 Incredibles kids, I've got it all. Probably won't bother with the other crystal figures - other than Mickey.

I took my raincheck to Toys R Us today, because my local Targets seem determined to never restock, and they were willing to price match it.  Might be worth it if you're getting sick of waiting on Target, like me.  I wish I'd thought to try it sooner; those sets have been setting at TRU forever.

#1110 jrutz

jrutz

EIC, SDCCBlog.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

So the TRU exclusive discs will be in wave 2, at least in appearance, but was anyone confirmed they will be exactly the same in-game? Could it be the exclusive discs offer some slight variation from the non-exclusives, aka the Crystal Lightning McQueen?