The "Night of Champions" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
613 replies to this topic

#451 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Any of you guys been following the WWE youtube page for the past week or so? If you havent, they've been posting full matches of some classic stuff like Andre vs Hogan at WM3, Royal Rumble 92, Rock vs Mankind SvS 98, etc. From the matches so far, I dont think they've been edited except maybe for themes.

I was going to post about this. Anyone seeing eventuallyWWE going MLB on YT and just throwing out copyright takedowns to any match/promo video that isn't from their page?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#452 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Leaked footage from the "Presentation Skills" class at the new WWE development center. Somebody's getting fired over this. Watch it before it disappears:

It can't be that bad. 

*watches*

...Well shit. He actually said that. 

I'm still laughing, tho. At the title. "Buddy Murphy will murder his kids" is amusing.

#453 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Apparently, Booker T didn't see this promo before predicting the Wrestlemania 40 Main Event (he said Ambrose vs. Ziggler).

Clearly, it'll be Buddy Murphy defending the WWE Championship against CJ Parker.

MLIFTgM.gif

#454 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

So if you break a finger during a Del Rio match and complain, your new gimmick is Mantaur Jr.?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#455 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

Brie's got those abs though...

#456 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

Tonight was the night! Where a show called Raw happened. Highlight was either terrible commentary, Goldust in a suit, the wacky bull, or Heyman and Ryback being great. Much of it came off as filler and the PPV itself wasn't built up very well even if more matches were made for it. After one day, I'm already tired of the Susan G Komen campaign.

http://jayreviewsthi...aw-9-30-13.html

Screens -

9d3265279047793.jpg

78fc5b279048616.jpg

b4290f279048625.jpg

bb741a279048634.jpg

http://www.imagebam....zwyfgkk5758frz7

So if you break a finger during a Del Rio match and complain, your new gimmick is Mantaur Jr.?

Mini Mantaur is Mascarita Dorada, who was awesome in Lucha Libre USA - not Sin Cara.

#457 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

That son of a bitch Punk cost us a big spinning Heyman/Ryback hug.  One that would have been shown in slow motion with uplifting music next week...it would have been glorious.

#458 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Mini Mantaur is Mascarita Dorada, who was awesome in Lucha Libre USA - not Sin Cara.

Woosh

#459 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Tonight was the night! Where a show called Raw happened. Highlight was either terrible commentary, Goldust in a suit, the wacky bull, or Heyman and Ryback being great. Much of it came off as filler and the PPV itself wasn't built up very well even if more matches were made for it. After one day, I'm already tired of the Susan G Komen campaign.

http://jayreviewsthi...aw-9-30-13.html

Screens -

9d3265279047793.jpg

78fc5b279048616.jpg

b4290f279048625.jpg

bb741a279048634.jpg

http://www.imagebam....zwyfgkk5758frz7

what do you mean   terrible commentary  the best part of the night was when cole said 

when dusty came out  cole goes he had to pick one of his jobs  to get his  son back   :)

instead of one of his sons to get their jobs back    LOL

WOOOO I STINK

#460 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

That mini is about a billion times better than Hornswoggle. If you have seen Kurt Wrestlereunion 3, you would this guy can go. About as fluid as Mysterio back in WCW.

#461 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

You just have got to love a gimmick that combines three of the worse WWE gimmicks ever (Mantaur, El Matador, Aldo Montoya). Sad thing is that it works.

#462 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

That son of a bitch Punk cost us a big spinning Heyman/Ryback hug.  One that would have been shown in slow motion with uplifting music next week...it would have been glorious.

With Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong playing?

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#463 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

El Hijo de Mantaur.

#464 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

You just have got to love a gimmick that combines three of the worse WWE gimmicks ever (Mantaur, El Matador, Aldo Montoya). Sad thing is that it works.

It works day 1. They'll be dead in the water after 2 months. 

11317.png

#465 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

It works day 1. They'll be dead in the water after 2 months. 

It will be interesting to see where it goes. I sort of like it because the gimmick forces Primo and Epico to be more synchronized and I think it makes them look more polished. So even if they go back to something else, I think it will help them develop more as a tag team. I also loved the little bull guy.

Posted Image

#466 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

They're probably better off than they were as Primo/Epico at least. 

Realistically I expect a lot of matches with 3MB and the Real Americans for the next few months as they definitely won't be getting near The Shield.

#467 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

That mini is about a billion times better than Hornswoggle. If you have seen Kurt Wrestlereunion 3, you would this guy can go. About as fluid as Mysterio back in WCW.

Yeah, what surprised me is that the guy can move. He really didn't do a whole lot in the debut match, but you could just tell that there was something special about him. He's not just another small guy whose there as a novelty. 

I looked the guy up on youtube to see him in action against a more standard sized competitor and I was quite impressed. He is quite capable of doing a vertical suplex on any one of the guys in 3mb and I really hope that the WWE uses him to the fullest extent of his abilities and not just as a mascot for Los Matradores. 

(Match starts at 32 seconds)

Posted Image

#468 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Yeah, what surprised me is that the guy can move. He really didn't do a whole lot in the debut match, but you could just tell that there was something special about him. He's not just another small guy whose there as a novelty. 

I looked the guy up on youtube to see him in action against a more standard sized competitor and I was quite impressed. He is quite capable of doing a vertical suplex on any one of the guys in 3mb and I really hope that the WWE uses him to the fullest extent of his abilities and not just as a mascot for Los Matradores. 

(Match starts at 32 seconds)

WOW!

#469 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Magnus came off like a bigger deal after tonight, but the match with Sting is super-rushed. Looking forward to Roode-Angle being built up with next week's EGO HOF deal. Tapa's debut was pretty bad. The idea of this character is okay, but she's not capable of playing it well now. Theme's great though. Joe-Bully could've been good, but wasn't given time and was given a shit ending. I liked Evan Markopolis returning as Ethan - an entitled young prick with a lot of money - so basically an American version of that Eurotrash guy in the Hellfish episode of the Simpsons. Hogan's exit was epic though. My God the comedy... Hogan got paid millions of dollars, STILL GOT TO MAKE OUTSIDE LICENSING DEALS (not just with WWE, but with Slingshot Shirts), and now gets to book his return to WM XXX while having the owner of TNA basically begging to Fuck him to stay. It's impossible not to look up to this man. The crowd should've chanted "you've still got it." after all that.

http://jayreviewsthi...ct-10-3-13.html

Screens -

e52ff8279527317.jpg

851c07279529457.jpg

e945d3279540723.jpg

52da04279527270.jpg

http://www.imagebam....j9rlxtlrnanf04k

#470 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

1ukezW8.gif

#471 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

For any masochists, here's the source.

...I quit.

#472 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

What the Fuck

MLIFTgM.gif

#473 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

Between that ad and Hogan Knows Best, it's clear that Hogan takes great pride in his ass.

#474 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I don't know if I have posted this before, but here goes:

I can honestly see Cesaro and Swagger becoming frustrated for going nowhere as heels, thus losing their minds and turning face. They start coming out to "I Am A Real American" acting totally insane and dressing like different retro wrestlers every week.

Hell, throw Zeb in there also. It's nauseating and insulting but I'd laugh my ass off to see it at least once.

I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#475 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

What was that?  What the hell did I just see?

#476 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Yeah!  Play it again!  Shake your groove thang, Hulkster!

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#477 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

I hope Cesaro keeps wearing a cape once they break up.

#478 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Dont know why they made Del Rio a face a while back, the guy was born to be a heel.

#479 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Dont know why they made Del Rio a face a while back, the guy was born to be a heel.

That was beautiful. I wish they did more of that on TV.

#480 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

That Cesaro Swing on The Great Khali was awesome! 

Posted Image