The "Night of Champions" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
613 replies to this topic

#601 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Wait, by your logic shouldn't Brock/HHH have been Brock/HBK?

I don't want to live in this world anymore....

I mean, I don't want to post in this thread anymore. My head hurts.

By my logic, they didn't build Brock/HBK as having a history.

Second, Brock blind sighted HBK.  HBK practically turned heel: "you little puke". HBK hasn't heeled it up that much since he was going at Hogan. He's Shawn Michaels, god damnit! 

Third Ross, though he is out of the company, is fueling speculation as well: The Daniel Bryan – Shawn Michaels segment: “Loved the HBK-Daniel Bryan segment. Not sure where it’s going but I’d bet ample amounts of BBQ sauce it won’t culminate in a match between the two. If I’m right then creative can’t give me something that they can’t deliver and if I’m wrong…then I’m wrong and we likely get a helluva match with no clearly defined villain at this point in time.”

Brock never interacted with HBK one on one. That entire interaction was to build heat on himself and Heyman against HHH. Why did Bryan attack HBK? Who were they building heat on? To what end were the building heat to? 

Now I'm not saying HBK/Bryan will happen, but if you can't spot the difference between this feud and the build with Brock, that's on you.

EDIT: I want to add that I feel like announcers need to spell out these things clearly. People have supreme difficulty in keeping up with the subtext of things.

#602 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

By my logic, they didn't build Brock/HBK as having a history.

Second, Brock blind sighted HBK.  HBK practically turned heel: "you little puke". HBK hasn't heeled it up that much since he was going at Hogan. He's Shawn Michaels, god damnit! 

Third Ross, though he is out of the company, is fueling speculation as well: The Daniel Bryan – Shawn Michaels segment: “Loved the HBK-Daniel Bryan segment. Not sure where it’s going but I’d bet ample amounts of BBQ sauce it won’t culminate in a match between the two. If I’m right then creative can’t give me something that they can’t deliver and if I’m wrong…then I’m wrong and we likely get a helluva match with no clearly defined villain at this point in time.”

Brock never interacted with HBK one on one. That entire interaction was to build heat on himself and Heyman against HHH. Why did Bryan attack HBK? Who were they building heat on? To what end were the building heat to? 

Now I'm not saying HBK/Bryan will happen, but if you can't spot the difference between this feud and the build with Brock, that's on you.

EDIT: I want to add that I feel like announcers need to spell out these things clearly. People have supreme difficulty in keeping up with the subtext of things.

I read it clearly.

I'm just trolling you.

ddp_savage_nitro_cropped.jpg

Didn't see that coming, did you?

BANG!

MLIFTgM.gif

#603 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

The EDIT had nothing to do with you or HBK. It's just a long-term thing. They'd been doing that HHH is selling himself as a good guy, but is is he really being underhanded? It's almost gone now but a big crux of the story was whether he and Stephanie were ever actually behind anything (RVD setup to be attacked by Del Rio, the referee and the fast count, etc.), but Hunter and Steph never really got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. 

#604 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

The EDIT had nothing to do with you or HBK. It's just a long-term thing. They'd been doing that HHH is selling himself as a good guy, but is is he really being underhanded? It's almost gone now but a big crux of the story was whether he and Stephanie were ever actually behind anything (RVD setup to be attacked by Del Rio, the referee and the fast count, etc.), but Hunter and Steph never really got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. 

It kind of sucks that they "abandoned" the story arc as a whole, as it would have been a nice build to Survivor Series.

Instead, we get Stone Cold Paul Wight.

MLIFTgM.gif

#605 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I  never realized DDP dressed up as LaParka. I was only familiar with the similar Jericho/Ciclope angle, which is epic.

#606 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm re-posting the angle here,  because it's  wonderful, and Jericho's mic work is awesome. i miss this Jericho.

"This guy is  Silver King.  If he wins 12 more matches he'll be upgraded to Golden King" :rofl:

Part 1: 

Part 2:

Final Part: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpm_KbxyLTI"

#607 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Fuck it. Lets enjoy WCW.

#608 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

The latest podcast by Bauer & Pollock covers the potential people who might buy TNA.

http://fightnetwork....-bauer-pollock/

New sig coming soon.

#609 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Does anyone hit the ropes as well as Goldust today?

#610 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

I freely admit I laughed extremely hard at this.

#611 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Vince just said to investors that Summerslam was a swing and a miss. Buyrates were probably much worse than imagined. It's probably why Bryan didn't get the title.

#612 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

#613 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

We are long past due for a new thread, by the way.

Perhaps we should make The "Leave the Memories Alone" Wrestling Thread since this thing feels just like Ric Flair's career -- it's gone on way too damn long, and I'll happily play the role of HBK.

MLIFTgM.gif

#614 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

http://www.cheapassg...estling-thread/

New sig coming soon.