Amazon: Upgrade Xbox 360 Game to Same Title For Xbox One for <$9.99

Miami Flash15

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature....5s_2_VG-HP

Until December 31, 2013, trade in a select Xbox 360 game and get a $25 bonus credit toward the same title on Xbox One in addition to your trade-in value of at least $25.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Select your qualifying Xbox 360 game from the list below and submit your trade in.
2. Send in your item for processing following the instructions provided.
3. Wait for your item to be received and graded.
4. When your trade in is accepted, add a qualifying Xbox One game to your cart.
5. Your bonus credit will be applied automatically to your purchase.

Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions
To receive the Promotion:
• Initiate a video game trade-in between August 18, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
• If the trade-in is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.
• Add a qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart.
• The discount will be applied automatically to your purchase of the qualifying item. 

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer. If there is more than one eligible item in your Shopping Cart, the promotion applies to only the lowest priced item.
• The discount is valid until December 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If your video game trade-in is not submitted in accordance with the instructions, or is not accepted, you are not eligible for the promotion and you will not receive a promotion.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com web site.
• If you return the qualifying item purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void if copied, transferred, or prohibited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! No 30 day limit either? I did't see it at first glance. If that is the case, I'm buying Madden for 360, trading it in on November 15th or so, then getting Madden for One!

Awesome! No 30 day limit either? I did't see it at first glance. If that is the case, I'm buying Madden for 360, trading it in on November 15th or so, then getting Madden for One!
I didn't come across it.

And you don't have the purchase the game from Amazon, like you do at GS, unless I missed that.

Very nice match. Bad white block highlight in op. wish they did this for playstation gamers.
Same here. of course, I also would love it if they didn't confine you to staying with the same platform as I would likely do this with a few 360 games and go to PS4.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Select your qualifying Xbox 360 game from the list below and submit your trade in.
2. Send in your item for processing following the instructions provided.
3. Wait for your item to be received and graded.
4. When your trade in is accepted, add a qualifying Xbox One game to your cart.

5. Your bonus credit will be applied automatically to your purchase.
Depends on your personal situation, but I think this deal is inferior to Gamestop's mainly because you can walk out of the store, same day, with the next gen version at Gamestop. For Amazon's deal, you have to wait for the item to be received and credit applied to your account (usually over 1 week, including shipping time).

Since Amazon will start charging me tax starting in November, I've already placed pre-orders at GS for anything that releases after Nov 1.

Edit:

And you don't have the purchase the game from Amazon, like you do at GS, unless I missed that.
Wow. This might change things if there are good deals at GS and BB.... *wink wink*

It's funny how positive and excited are for this when Amazon is matching Gamestop, but with the Gamestop thread it seemed split between where half the people thought it was a good deal and half the people thought it was stupid. I think this is a great deal and happy to see Amazon matching, especially when online progress will be carried over from current Gen to next. I wonder if this isn't happening on the PS4 because the October 21st release date rumor is true, I guess we will find out tomorrow at Gamescon. Thanks for the post OP! 

best buy has all of these titles (except need for speed) with $10 certs for pre ordering. so you can upgrade to the xbone version for the price of tax

Depends on your personal situation, but I think this deal is inferior to Gamestop's mainly because you can walk out of the store, same day, with the next gen version at Gamestop. For Amazon's deal, you have to wait for the item to be received and credit applied to your account (usually over 1 week, including shipping time).
Great call. If you want the upgraded version Day1, that ain't gonna happen.

(And I suspect one week may be generous.)

Still, this makes the Anniversary deal - with NFL Sunday Ticket package - look better and better. Essentially $110 for Madden for Xbox One or Playstation 4, with 10 week "rental" of current gen versions, and NFL Sunday ticket.

Just took a look at the games on the list. So basically Amazon thinks AC4 will still be worth ~$50 on December 31st. LOL.

(And I suspect one week may be generous.)
Yeah, I was being generous in case someone lives next door to the receiving center and pipes in with "one week." :)

Just took a look at the games on the list. So basically Amazon thinks AC4 will still be worth ~$50 on December 31st. LOL.
That's actually worth noting. Chances are, and they're pretty decent chances. ACIV will be on sale for current gen consoles on Black Friday. Potential ACIV for Xbox One for $40 or less? I think so.

It's funny how positive and excited are for this when Amazon is matching Gamestop, but with the Gamestop thread it seemed split between where half the people thought it was a good deal and half the people thought it was stupid.
Same thing with deals on Slickdeals. When Best Buy puts a sale, people give a meh response. But when Amazon PMs it, it's FP deal. Never understand this logic. :lol:

Same thing with deals on Slickdeals. When Best Buy puts a sale, people give a meh response. But when Amazon PMs it, it's FP deal. Never understand this logic. :lol:
Well it wouldn't apply to this deal, but when games are on sale and Amazon PMs it, then it's a better deal to some, including myself for various reasons. No tax, Amazon credit to blow, Prime shipping, etc.

It's funny how positive and excited are for this when Amazon is matching Gamestop, but with the Gamestop thread it seemed split between where half the people thought it was a good deal and half the people thought it was stupid. I think this is a great deal and happy to see Amazon matching, especially when online progress will be carried over from current Gen to next. I wonder if this isn't happening on the PS4 because the October 21st release date rumor is true, I guess we will find out tomorrow at Gamescon. Thanks for the post OP!
Amazon sells new games as new and GameSlop sells used games as new. You could power through Watchdogs, upgrade it, then sell it as new on eBay. At GameSlop your new game would be used on eBay.

All i've seen in this thread is discussion. The only one who reacted positively is huntt26. Most posters here called it a match more than anything else.

I think it's a better deal than GameStop because the GameStop deal has fine print of 'you must buy the current-gen game within 30 days of buying the next-gen game'.

So, at Gamestop, I can't buy Madden 360 on launch and trade it in for this deal. At Amazon, I can (apparently) 

The only 'flaw' here is that you should mail your item 7-10 days within the release date of the Xbox One version. To allow time to process the trade-in and them credit you the balance + bonus

I think it's a better deal than GameStop because the GameStop deal has fine print of 'you must buy the current-gen game within 30 days of buying the next-gen game'.
I think you misinterpreted. The GS one says you need to buy the current gen version within 30 days of its release. You can trade up to the next gen version anytime before Dec 31st.

Relevant parts quoted:

"To qualify for this offer, a customer must be a PowerUp Rewards member at the time they purchase a new eligible Xbox 360 title(s) within 30 days of its initial release ...

Redemption of the coupon must occur by December 31, 2013. "

(The coupon is what gets you the guaranteed $50 when you trade up.)

Nice match on the Gamestop deal.
this isn't a match this is a vastly superior deal.

Gamestop you have to buy it from gamestop with your PUR in the frist month it's out... aka at full retail.

Amazon's deal you could buy the 360 game on sale (newegg has a lot of $50 preorders, or target does buy 2 get 1 often enough) and use that copy

Second.. Gamestop's deal if you read the fine print (assuming I read it right) says you will get a $50 code sent to you AFTER you do the trade in for the xbox one game (Then, upon trading the game in for the Xbox One version, the customer will be emailed a $50 coupon that must be used before December 31 of this year.), so it's quite possible that you might have to pay full price for the xbox one game and then buy another game with the $50 code... spend $130 on three games (only still having possession of 2 of them) in order to use the gamestop promotion. Mean while the amazon deal is far more straightforward and clearly not a trap to get more of your money like the gamestop one.

just for the record I am not someone who hates gamestop... I honestly think their deal is brilliant. in the end they get customers to pay more than retail for xbox one games ($70 total for an xbox one game if I am not reading the promotion right or $65 per game for two games if i am), and gets them a copy of the xbox 360 game to resell, likely for around the $50 amoount they will be giving in credit, meaning overall the gamestop promotion is likely just pure win for them. The only plus the gamestop one has over the amazon one for customers though is I think it can be done more than once, while amazon says limit one per customer.

I like this much better than the gamestop one, that way i can get my fifa at best buy with the $10 gift card, then trade it to amazon for the one version then. The only thing is theyre will be a couple days without a version of the game.

Second.. Gamestop's deal if you read the fine print (assuming I read it right) says you will get a $50 code sent to you AFTER you do the trade in for the xbox one game (Then, upon trading the game in for the Xbox One version, the customer will be emailed a $50 coupon that must be used before December 31 of this year.), so it's quite possible that you might have to pay full price for the xbox one game and then buy another game with the $50 code... spend $130 on three games (only still having possession of 2 of them) in order to use the gamestop promotion. Mean while the amazon deal is far more straightforward and clearly not a trap to get more of your money like the gamestop one.
Haha. It's nice to know I was not the only one who misinterpreted the deal from Gamestop. I made the same comment you did when it was first announced, but someone corrected me.

The correct interpretation is: you get the $50 guaranteed TIV voucher emailed to you after you buy the current gen version. Then you have until Dec 31st to bring in that current gen game and the $50 voucher to trade up (plus $9.99 if the next gen is still priced at 59.99) for the next gen version.

I see the merits of both deals. With Gamestop, you can walk out that same day with a next gen copy without having to wait 1+ weeks for Amazon to process your trade. With Amazon, you can trade in a game bought from any retailer.

Well it wouldn't apply to this deal, but when games are on sale and Amazon PMs it, then it's a better deal to some, including myself for various reasons. No tax, Amazon credit to blow, Prime shipping, etc.
I don't see why people think it better when Amazon PM's a deal,I get charged sales tax on Amazon, paying for Prime, trying to make orders of $25 or more for free shipping, I have a Best Buy and Target on way home from work that PM's Amazon.com and other websites, I earn Reward Zone points at Best Buy. Best Buy PM's Frys when local Frys is out my normal shopping area yet with 25 miles of Best Buy. I live in the city so I can understand some using Amazon.com if they lived far away from a Best Buy or Target.

bread's done
Back