Redbox: Free 1st night rental (1 game per transaction)

FlawlesslyFatal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
Free 1st night rental when you reserve a game online @ Redbox.

Limitation: One game per transaction. (Although I do not know how many times you can check out game for free during the promotion period.)

Offer expires on August 22nd.

fjq000.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I reserve Saints Row IV, do I have to pick it up at Redbox tomorrow and how does it apply the free night?
Your free rental period starts from the moment you reserve the game, and ends at 9:00 PM the following day, regardless if you pick it up today or tomorrow. The 2 bucks/day fee will be charged to your credit card after every 9:00 PM until the game is returned.

So it's best to pick up the game the same time as you reserve the game, play as much as possible then return to any Redbox location around 8:00 PM the next day; there shouldn't be any fees if you're doing so.

Credit card is required for reservation as it's their only form of collateral.

yeah i always rent just after midnight, and it's due back the next day by 9pm, few hours earlier and it'd be that day.

They are supposed to send a confirmation if a reserve went through, right? I added SR IV to my cart, put in my information, hit check out, and it just took me back to the rental screen. no email or confirmation or anything, but it gave me a credit for "first reserve" marked 8/19 which was yesterday and I didn't use anything to hold SR IV then. Now it says SRIV isn't at the box I was trying to use. So am I going to get charged or something?

I dunno, but your "First Day Price" or something like that should be $0.00 when shown on your e-mail or similar (for the promo). But check it out to be sure...

They are supposed to send a confirmation if a reserve went through, right? I added SR IV to my cart, put in my information, hit check out, and it just took me back to the rental screen. no email or confirmation or anything, but it gave me a credit for "first reserve" marked 8/19 which was yesterday and I didn't use anything to hold SR IV then. Now it says SRIV isn't at the box I was trying to use. So am I going to get charged or something?
Yes, they usually send out emails when you reserve and/or return anything. If you logged in a Redbox account while making your reservation online, your rental should also showed up in the transaction list. Give them a call to see if the reservation went through or not.

Sweet, thanks OP. Was contemplating buying Saints Row all day but saw this and noticed my Redbox down the street had it in stock. I'd much rather spend

yeah so that is pretty weird right fatal? 

I already reserved Saints Row 4, and other games still come up as 0.00 for me on the same account, but Blacklist comes up as 2 dollars. That is unfortunate 

Tips for folks that rented SR IV:

• Finish your free 1-night rental
  • Reserve another copy of SR IV before heading out to return the 1st copy
  • After you return the 1st copy, you can pick up the other copy you just reserved (another free night rental)

Tips for folks that rented SR IV:

• Finish your free 1-night rental
  • Reserve another copy of SR IV before heading out to return the 1st copy
  • After you return the 1st copy, you can pick up the other copy you just reserved (another free night rental)
Yeah I was already gonna do this haha. I was gonna rent it at the 24 hour walmart, play the one I have until midnight and then go pick it up a little after midnight and have it until thursday ><

bread's done
Back