The Admiral's 2013 NFL Pool - Pool is over! We have a draw!

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Welcome to the 2013 NFL Suicide Pool.

Week 8 picks due on Thursday November 7th at 6 PM EST

To enter the pool you must make a post and must make a pick (team or bye) before the closing date. No pick, no participation. Also, don't edit your picks. If you want to change your pick please make a new post with your new pick.

Complete rules are below but it's basically simple. Pick a team each week, never the same team twice, and if they win (or tie 2012 Change: Ties are a loss) you move on. Everyone gets one Bye. Don't be late.

Players must post a pick by Thursday November 7th at 6 pm EST.

I recommend not to post placeholders. Post a team. Then you can always come back and change it. If changing teams please make a new post.

*** Week 10 Games ***

Thursday , Nov. 07 Time (ET) TV Tickets Location
  Redskins at Vikings 8:25 PM NFL   Tickets  Mall of America Field 

Sunday , Nov. 10 Time (ET) TV Tickets Location
  Bills at Steelers 1:00 PM CBS   Tickets  Heinz Field 
  Lions at Bears 1:00 PM FOX   Tickets  Soldier Field 
  Rams at Colts 1:00 PM FOX   Tickets  Lucas Oil Stadium 
  Eagles at Packers 1:00 PM FOX   Tickets  Lambeau Field 
  Bengals at Ravens 1:00 PM CBS   Tickets  M&T Bank Stadium 
  Raiders at Giants 1:00 PM CBS   Tickets  MetLife Stadium 
  Seahawks at Falcons 1:00 PM FOX   Tickets  Georgia Dome 
  Jaguars at Titans 1:00 PM CBS   Tickets  LP Field 
  Panthers at 49ers 4:05 PM FOX   Tickets  Candlestick Park 
  Texans at Cardinals 4:25 PM CBS   Tickets  U of Phoenix Stadium 
  Broncos at Chargers 4:25 PM CBS   Tickets  Qualcomm Stadium 
  Cowboys at Saints 8:30 PM NBC   Tickets  Superdome 

Monday , Nov. 11 Time (ET) TV Tickets Location
  Dolphins at Buccaneers 8:40 PM ESP   Tickets  Raymond James Stadium 

*** Week 10 Players***
goodbyetonight - Tennessee
therealdanhill - New York Giants
kdiddy1989 - Tennessee
dack - Tennessee
Yanksfan - Tennessee
valo2027 - Washington
shane211 - BYE
cleaver - Tennessee
tcbys - Tennessee
DuckDuckKoopatrol - Tennessee
PiranhasInHD - Tennessee
archangelreb - Tennessee
davidb69 - Indianapolis
pab - Tennessee

irishsoccermbw - Out (No Pick/Bye)

*** Week 1 Results ***

*** Week 2 Results ***

*** Week 3 Results ***

*** Week 4 Results ***

*** Week 5 Results ***

*** Week 6 Results ***

*** Week 7 Results ***

*** Week 8 Results ***

*** Week 9 Results ***

See the results of last years NFL Pool.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/292844-the-admirals-nfl-suicide-pool-congratulations-raiden-86-king-of-the-2012-pool/#entry9712203

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 2013 NFL Suicide Pool run by your host, Admiral Ackbar. The rules are the same as every year, Pinky!

*** NFL Suicide Pool Rules ***

This is all done at my whim and leisure and I can alter rules or prizes anytime I want. I don't plan to, but sometimes the unforseen comes up and I need to be flexible. This will be a fair and fun pool where everyone gets equal opportunity. Please don't take this too seriously. Not to mention, there's always the Admiral's Money Back Guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the way this pool is run, you get your money back. Of course, to join is free, so you.... You get it.

Entry Period

Members can only enter the pool until 6PM EST on Wednesday, September 4th. Approximately 24 Hours before the first game of the regular season. Sometime after 6PM EST, I will lock down the pool and there will be no further entrants allowed. In the interest of fairness this is non-negotiable. So I recommend you joing before 6PM EST on Wednesday, September 4th.

Any CAG member may enter the suicide pool. To enter, just pick your team or take a BYE for week 1. Post your pick in this thread. Players who post their interest in playing but forget to place a pick by week 1 will automatically entered with a BYE.

How do I play?

1) Each week pick a team to win. (2012 Rule Change - Ties are now losses. You must now pick a team that wins.)
2) You may not pick the same team twice.
3) Every player gets one (and only one) BYE to skip a week.
4) If you accidentally miss posting a pick your BYE will be automatically spent to keep you in the game. To quote Spider-Man, "Everybody gets one."
5) Make sure you get your picks in before the weekly deadline!
6) You may change your pick up until the deadline. (Make a new post. Please don't edit your posts. Thank you.)
7) If the team you pick loses their game, you're out. (That includes ties)
8) If you don't have a first pick in by the Week 1 deadline you may not join.

When are my picks due?

There's always confusion on this point so let me reiterate. I run a soft closing. In other words, I may say the pool will close after 8PM on a Saturday, but I might not actually lock it down until I sit down at my computer and look over the latest posts. Which might not be until 10PM or maybe 8AM the next morning. I do this because I can't be at my computer 24/7. And there's always someone who's late or forgets.

I will explicity post, sometime after 8PM on the closing date, that the pool is closed for the week. That post will not happen before the posted time. Make sure your picks are in before the closing time to ensure your picks count!

What if everyone is eliminated the same week?

We have a do-over and everyone survives to the next week until we get a single winner.

What about the playoffs

We've yet to have the game survive until the playoffs.

But based on previous discussions, we developed a new system. You can pick any playoff team, but you must also pick a score. If three people pick the same team, and the team wins, then whomevers score total gets closest to the actual total wins that match.

Example
-----------
New England beats Indy 16-9 = 25

Player A picks Indy 13-21
Player B picks New England 14-7 = 21
Player C picks New England 14-9 = 23
Player D picks New England 21-17 = 38

A loses because he picked Indy. C wins because not only did he pick the winner but his total was closest to the actual total score.

When do picks need to be in again?

Picks generally need to be in the night before the first game of the week. Usually Saturday night or early sunday morning at the latest. Wednesdays for weeks when games start on Thursday.

Do not be late!

Once the week is closed, it's closed. After I close the week, I can't allow any more players in. Picks that are late do not count! So get your picks in! If you miss one deadline and you have a bye it will be used automatically. Otherwise, you're out.

*** Last Words ***

So that's it. Get your picks in, don't pick the same team twice, and remember you have one bye week. Couldn't be simpler. And don't forget that at any time I can change or cancel things since this is being run through my good will. But I don't plan to and probably won't.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, nice to see this is going to occur again this year! Hopefully I can make it past the first couple of weeks.

Week 1: Indianapolis Colts

after that Jaguars > Colts comeback last year doomed me, making any pick scares me. Still, I might as well put something down.

Week 1: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

looking like a tough 1st week so no picks yet. i notice that the prize for this year is less than previous years. just wondering not complaining here

bread's done
Back