#1 J7.

J7.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Buy 2 used Wii or DS games get 2 Free

Cost 10,000 points

available until 8-25-13

use by 8-19-13 through 9-8-13

also

When you spend $50 or more on used smartphones, tablets, or media players you get $15 Itunes Card Free.

also

There may be new Xtra Points Surveys currently available.

#2 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

in for 4 copies of xenoblade chronicles?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

if only I had 10,000. Not a bad coupon.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#4 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Was thinking of doing this, but they won't let you add 4 to your cart. Is there another way around this?

in for 4 copies of xenoblade chronicles?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Was thinking of doing this, but they won't let you add 4 to your cart. Is there another way around this?

I don't think this coupon works online anyway.

#6 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

So buy 4 copies at multiple locations, then return and purchase again in one store using the coupon will work? :o

I don't think this coupon works online anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

So buy 4 copies at multiple locations, then return and purchase again in one store using the coupon will work? :o

Yes, though they might give you funny looks =P

#8 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

They should give themselves funny looks for the scam that they pulled with the reprinted "used" copies of XC and MPT. Great deal if all 4 XBC copies were intact.

#9 Zalaki

Zalaki

Worker by night, Gamer by day

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hmm anything worth buying a wii for to use this coupon? I'm trying to keep busy waiting for my ps4 and was thinking about trying out a wii. Btw don't hate but I haven't had anything Nintendo since GameCube and the only game I had was animal crossing lmao

Oh Yah! I will never finish these!

:pc: Diablo 3 :whee:  | :ps4: Outlast :baby:  & COD Ghosts | :xb1: Titanfall & Deadrising  :D/

Looking to rid myself of: (PM ME FOR TRADE)

Skylanders PS4 w/ tons of figurines!, PSP Go White 16GB , Sony Pulse Headset

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008 Model)

#10 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hmm anything worth buying a wii for to use this coupon? I'm trying to keep busy waiting for my ps4 and was thinking about trying out a wii. Btw don't hate but I haven't had anything Nintendo since GameCube and the only game I had was animal crossing lmao

Mario Galaxy 1/2

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Twilight Princess

I'm not a fan of the RPGs even though they're so sought after because of their rarity (Xenoblade, to a lesser extent Last Story, and I certainly don't think they're in and of themselves worth owning a Wii for).

There's probably a few others I'm missing but I had the most fun with those.  Wii sports is still fun to me to this day, but it's probably still a pack-in with whatever system you get.

#11 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

^Add Smash Brothers onto that list. And Mario Kart.

#12 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Wait...reprinted? That kill any value?

They should give themselves funny looks for the scam that they pulled with the reprinted "used" copies of XC and MPT. Great deal if all 4 XBC copies were intact.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Only ebay knows the answer to that.

#14 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

It'll bring the value down but the fact of the matter is the cheapest way to get the games is still 80+ plus. If they price them like they're not cartoon mustache twirling villains someday, then maybe we'll see more of an impact.

#15 kme06d

kme06d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Man I could have really used that coupon. I only have 800 points though. I'm trying to restock my DS collection.

Earn an easy $25 a month in Amazon giftcards here! PM me for more details!

#16 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

If I had the points and the money...  I so would buy 2 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and 2 copies of Xenoblade Chronicles.  Keep 1 Metroid Prime Trilogy and trade back 1 copy MPT with the 2 XC.  I wonder how much credit that would get me.

$190 to run with this adventure, I don't even have that much to my name.  Cursed bills/upkeep costing me most of my paycheck. :(

#17 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

I've checked couple of local gamestop here in ny who had a copy of metroid trilogy. And three of them all had the game only. No steenbook, or manual, or the sleeve cover was with the game. So try your luck. They did have xenoblades complete with everything.

#18 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

As bad as I hammer GS for XC, at least they seem to reprint the game and it comes complete with CN codes. With MPT, they are insane to charge as much as they do for a reprinted used copy and don't even have it complete with steel book and content. You are better buying a complete used copy on AMZ or eBay for a little more. The allure of MPT was the complete package with all content as fan service more than just the game. Seeing that Nintendo seldom does collectors editions of any of their games, this made MPT even more coveted among collectors.

#19 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

GS had the reprints exclusive of Xenoblade and MPT to them only so they gutted them and jacked up the price.

#20 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

anyone know if this works on U or 3DS Games too

#21 guessed

guessed

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Just checked eBay for sold listings, looks like it's generally getting $80-$90 if complete.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#22 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

As bad as I hammer GS for XC, at least they seem to reprint the game and it comes complete with CN codes. With MPT, they are insane to charge as much as they do for a reprinted used copy and don't even have it complete with steel book and content. You are better buying a complete used copy on AMZ or eBay for a little more. The allure of MPT was the complete package with all content as fan service more than just the game. Seeing that Nintendo seldom does collectors editions of any of their games, this made MPT even more coveted among collectors.

I love how GameStop can't win... 

Xenoblade comes back mysteriously and people are suspicious of it being a reprint coming up with whatever proof they can find.

MPT comes back in disc form and people are bitching they didn't "reprint" the whole CE, even though the old XB topics were filled with people pissed they reprinted a CE (though I don't recall MPT being a CE in the first place...) 

Only time will tell. MPT hit $10 dollars new at one point and then went on to be worth 90+. XB was $35 dollars at one point and then went on to be worth $120+ dollars. Might result in lower prices for now and then shoot back up down the road. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#23 Asmith906

Asmith906

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Mario Galaxy 1/2

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Twilight Princess

I'm not a fan of the RPGs even though they're so sought after because of their rarity (Xenoblade, to a lesser extent Last Story, and I certainly don't think they're in and of themselves worth owning a Wii for).

There's probably a few others I'm missing but I had the most fun with those.  Wii sports is still fun to me to this day, but it's probably still a pack-in with whatever system you get.

Metroid Prime 3 costs like $5 so it would be a waste to use it with a coupon like this since you get the lowest value games free. I think Galaxy two is still $40 at gamestop

#24 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Xenoblade and Metroid aren't "used", their "vintage", that's why they're so expensive ;-)

If I HAD 10,000 points - think I'm around 300 - which I just realized GS might be screwing my account over - I'ld get the 2 Galaxy games and a couple of DS games, Probably Inside Bowser and the Time 1. Now to go check my GS account. 

#25 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

Is there any difference though between the original and reprint done by GameStop?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Is there any difference though between the original and reprint done by GameStop?

One case says Wii above the disc and the other say Nintendo. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#27 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Is Xenoblade considered their steal of the year..... o.O

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#28 CrowBro

CrowBro

Alpha Chi Rho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

The only "steal" occurring is Gamestop taking all our monies. 

"That which we achieve too easily, we esteem too lightly." - Thomas Paine 

img-header.png

#29 dominator

dominator

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Nice I have enough points to get this coupon, I may just use it on Pokemon games I have yet to pick up.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#30 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

4 * $89.99 = $359.96 + tax in your area, which could be as high as $40 + gas

That's a lot of money to spend on four of the same video game without promise of selling them for a profit. GS's price on the game reflects ebay's price, and ebay takes at least 15% of your sales value. :x Sounds like a major loss to me.