Gamestop Steal of the Week B2G2 Free Wii/DS, etc

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

I wanted to jump in and say that Metroid Prime Trilogy did get a case/artwork/manual, at least in some stores. In a couple of the ones I've been to recently they had a white wii case with cover art, manual etc.

Same here. Freshly printed cover art for MPT. Games are all mint like the new XCs. Probably would have been too much $ to make new steelbooks and posters. No way these are not reprints. Like I said in the other threads that got deleted, smart move on GS part. Too bad the two sides aren't talking to each other and this B2G2 is costing them some $.

#62 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

You guys should realize by now that KuroPansa is a troll and does this in nearly every thread he/she posts in. Just ignore them.

I'm a guy. And look, it's the old "I don't agree with him so he must be a troll" argument again. How quaint.

#63 vicktor

vicktor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

About this Xeno / MPT reprint...this isn't the first time GS has a reprint of an item and put it out as used. A few PS2 games were reprinted (off the top of my head: Fatal Frame 1-3, Tales of the Abyss, Mega Man X Collection, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2) and a few DS games (Radiant Historia, Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations). The difference is those were available from Amazon and other places. On the other hand Dokapon Kingdom for Wii was $15, they raised the price to $25 and suddenly it appeared at every Gamestop. Strange thing was Dokapon was not available anywhere else and was definitely a reprint (the disc art was color, original printing was black and white), just the game was not popular enough for anyone to notice.

If anyone needs another game around $20 for the B2G2 get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. We have more fun with this than Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom.

#64 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Nintendo should have reprinted MPT and Xenoblade as HD re-makes for WiiU.

#65 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

Nintendo should have reprinted MPT and Xenoblade as HD re-makes for WiiU.

But that wouldn't make either game a reprint. xD

On the other hand Dokapon Kingdom for Wii was $15, they raised the price to $25 and suddenly it appeared at every Gamestop. Strange thing was Dokapon was not available anywhere else and was definitely a reprint (the disc art was color, original printing was black and white), just the game was not popular enough for anyone to notice.

Sadly... this is a common issue with gamers that really needs to stop. Like I wouldn't say it wasn't popular enough to notice, but I would say it wasn't popular enough for anyone to give a shit. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#66 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks OP, used the code to pickup some DS games, saved about $40.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations

Phoenix Wright: Justice for All

Just missing - Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Posted Image

#67 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Do the SotW coupons expire at the end of this week, or are they just available for purchase for this week. In other words can I buy it now, and use it in a few weeks?

#68 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Do the SotW coupons expire at the end of this week, or are they just available for purchase for this week. In other words can I buy it now, and use it in a few weeks?

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Free items must be of equal or lesser value.  Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 8/19/13 through 9/8/13.

I'm assuming you have that amount of time.

#69 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Free items must be of equal or lesser value.  Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 8/19/13 through 9/8/13.

I'm assuming you have that amount of time.

I knew I should have taken a look at the coupon page. Thanks a lot.

#70 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

I knew I should have taken a look at the coupon page. Thanks a lot.

From the OP: available until 8-25-13

use by 8-19-13 through 9-8-13

#71 MootPoon817

MootPoon817

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

*dominic torreto voice* not a bad way to spend 10,000 points

#72 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

*dominic torreto voice* not a bad way to spend 10,000 points

Technically a steal should be free. :twisted:

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#73 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

Is there any difference though between the original and reprint done by GameStop?

For Xenoblade, most (if not all) copies of the game comes in a case that that says "Nintendo" on the inside instead of "Wii". Otherwise, they're completely identical. 

I haven't seen a copy of the Prime Trilogy reprint. They only just started showed up in stores near me... 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#74 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

For Xenoblade, most (if not all) copies of the game comes in a case that that says "Nintendo" on the inside instead of "Wii". Otherwise, they're completely identical. 

I haven't seen a copy of the Prime Trilogy reprint. They only just started showed up in stores near me... 

According to the new people bitching, they don't include the steelbook. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#75 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

According to the new people bitching, they don't include the steelbook. 

Neat, so my copy is still rares then!:D 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#76 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

So can it be used on 3Ds and wii U games and Gamestop CS don't know anything they thought it was a trade in coupon

Edited by starmask2k3, 25 August 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#77 zyk

zyk

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

The coupon says Wii and DS games. I don't see why it would work on Wii U and 3DS games

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#78 Zalaki

Zalaki

Worker by night, Gamer by day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

I got:

Monster Hunter 3 Tri
Super Mario Galaxy
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil the darkness chronicles.

I might take RE back to get The Last Story. They just didn't have it at the store I went too :/

Edit: I am going to take back tales and monster hunter, I just couldn't get into either of those two.

Currenty Playing

:pc: Diablo 3 , Day Z  :applause:   | :ps4: Bound by Flame

:360: Left4Dead  | :vita:Borderlands 2 :D/ |   :wiiu: Windwaker HD

Check out my items for trade!

#79 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

So I'm just going to ask this and hope I don't get flamed relentlessly for it:

Between this deal and the BB b2g2 free deal, anyone found any good flips that can be done through these stores?

Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#80 shadowysea07

shadowysea07

running with cags and I'm on the prowl~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

The game sold about 500,000 in North America alone

Got a link to back that up as I could only find 225k via ign. I highly doubt they printed nearly 3x the numbers jpn sold. also completely laughable that it getting a reprint is out of the question but them somehow getting 25k copies with the majority being like new with unused codes traded in isn't. Thats what a little bit over 10% of what it sold? Wouldn't it make more sense for nintendo to reprint it if it did sell over 500k?

#81 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

#82 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Uh... Because Wii U games aren't Wii games and 3DS games aren't DS games?

You need to reread his post. He's saying that they should NOT work on 3DS and Wii U games.

#83 Guest_KuroPansa_*

Guest_KuroPansa_*

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

You need to reread his post. He's saying that they should NOT work on 3DS and Wii U games.

Oops.

#84 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

I was in gamestop and asked my source to look up the metroid prime trilogy warehouse stock since they are now appearing in every store here where I live. Apparently, they have 1980ish copies available online and with reports of a a new white wii box with regular coverart and no steelbook, this is looking like nintendo reprinted the game. That also means it reprinted xenoblade. I have not see the new metroid yet, but ill be checking it out tomorrow.

I hope this finally shuts up those naysayers who think gamestop managed to get a bunch of people to go in and trade the game in cause the tiv was just too good to pass up. There is no way gamestop would print artwork for a game someone traded in. They would rather sell you the game in those paper sleeves than spent money an making cover art. I will try and post pics when I get them but if someone beats me to the punch, i wouldn't mind.

#85 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Actually thanks to ebay, I don't have to post pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a3088d98b

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19e128808a

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d1153a11d

That last one is the best as it has inside pictures of the case (with the Nintendo logo and not the Wii one). There is no club nintendo code but perhaps they removed it from the auction.

So there you have it. Nintendo reprinted Metroid Prime, and Xenoblade for gamestop to sell at a higher used margin.

#86 Zalaki

Zalaki

Worker by night, Gamer by day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

Why must xenoblade be so damn expensive! I really want to buy it but I don't think anything justifies $80

Currenty Playing

:pc: Diablo 3 , Day Z  :applause:   | :ps4: Bound by Flame

:360: Left4Dead  | :vita:Borderlands 2 :D/ |   :wiiu: Windwaker HD

Check out my items for trade!

#87 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

My GS has one copy each of xenoblade and metroid prime trilogy (both complete with CN codes, MPT is the reprinted basic case) but I have no idea what to buy with them if I did want the pair.
Posted Image

#88 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

I clicked in here expecting a deal for a free Wii/DS, I guess that's my fault for not being realistic.

Still, to have deals like this, Gamestop must be desperate to move the mountains of shovelware they've no doubt assembled over the years.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#89 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

I clicked in here expecting a deal for a free Wii/DS, I guess that's my fault for not being realistic.

Still, to have deals like this, Gamestop must be desperate to move the mountains of shovelware they've no doubt assembled over the years.

If that were really true, they would have not used the steal of the week coupon process vs. having it available to all like the recent B2G1 on Wii titles.  However, it just could mark the start of the phase out and I'm sure that we'll see more B2G2 or BOGOs in the next year or so like the GC phase out a year+ (?) or so back.

#90 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is pissed at GameStop. They can't repring without Nintendo's permission