school/learning program suggestions

floormat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Looking for suggestions on programs to assist in learning.  My wife will be home schooling our kids.  This will incorporate grades 2-8.  My wife is doing the primary teaching not the programs.  This is more just assisted learning or supplemental.  Suggestions from as simple as scrabble to full fledged progs that can provide assistance in learning math to doing tests to drills to whatever.  Progs for any subjects would be grateful.  This is primarily for downtime and gaps but hey if they end up finding a better way to learn in the progress there would be no complaints.  =P

Thank you all for your time and suggestions.

Both of my wives are teachers and we once thought about home school til we found the perfect school for the family.

Did you register with your board for homeschooling? If so - they usually hand out a list of links for each grade you plan on teaching. Some of it is local like science lectures from the local library and other stuff like it. The rest is stuff from groups like Project Kaleidoscope.

As a responsible gaming parent - I applaud your search for more info but I think if you're going to home school your kids some of this stuff should have been researched and secured a long time ago. Unless, the homeschooling is in response to a tragic event than...that's way different.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Both of my wives are teachers and we once thought about home school til we found the perfect school for the family.

Did you register with your board for homeschooling? If so - they usually hand out a list of links for each grade you plan on teaching. Some of it is local like science lectures from the local library and other stuff like it. The rest is stuff from groups like Project Kaleidoscope.

As a responsible gaming parent - I applaud your search for more info but I think if you're going to home school your kids some of this stuff should have been researched and secured a long time ago. Unless, the homeschooling is in response to a tragic event than...that's way different.

Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. We have been teaching for a couple of years. Its the best option for our kids and the best of local choices. I was only looking for ideas for supplemental stuff (but hey I wouldn't turn down full ideas either). We have plenty that we go through. Our one daughter has went thru 4 grades of math in 2 years. 2 of the younger ones are probably at least a year or 2 ahead in spelling, English and reading vs where I was when I was a kid. We make use of several programs at our local library as well as some programs at our local church. We were just looking for things to further help these endeavors is all. To try to make any gap more fruitful etc... Thank you for your time

Any other useful suggestions are welcome. Thanks all.

Found some decent math detective games for grades 3-4, 5-6 & 7-8  some map games as well as a reading game that I was able to load on an older pc.  Things are going well.

Keep any good suggestions coming.  Thanks.

bread's done
Back