Photo
* * * - - 11 votes

Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#61 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

I grabbed one at my local Gamestop....I used a $5 off power up rewards coupon so it was 14.99 for me. Just couldn't hold out for the XBLA version. LOL

#62 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

No joke, I am getting this MAINLY for the pin.

I collect anything Scrooge McDuck, and there isn't a lot of Scrooge stuff being made these days, like pins, shirts, etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#63 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Tempting to pick this up for cool factor and hang next to my DuckTales Dave Perillo Print.

#64 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

so will Xbox get a version of this in a few weeks or XBLA only for us?

#65 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

so will Xbox get a version of this in a few weeks or XBLA only for us?

XBLA only.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us, Outlast: Whistleblower 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#66 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Is there a way to check toys r us inventory? I can't even get it to come up on the website: http://www.toysrus.c...sp?kw=ducktales

#67 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Is there a way to check toys r us inventory? I can't even get it to come up on the website: http://www.toysrus.c...sp?kw=ducktales

Think you have to call your store and give them the inventory number on the first post. They should be able to look it up.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#68 BiGJoEMo

BiGJoEMo

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Is there anything special if you buy this in the box? Or you.... just get the box? lol

#69 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

Is there anything special if you buy this in the box? Or you.... just get the box? lol

It comes with a Disney DuckTales: Remastered pin.

#70 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

^ if GS isn't selling it online anymore (they aren't) and you can't find another reputable online retailer selling it for MSRP at the moment then it might not have been true but it certainly is now.

#71 airblade

airblade

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Got the last one at my local Gamestop :D

#72 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

anyone find this at bestbuy?

#73 BiGJoEMo

BiGJoEMo

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

It comes with a Disney DuckTales: Remastered pin.

Yea, just looked it up right before I saw this. Thanks brotha!

#74 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

If only they did this for 360 too. Could buy some as Xmas presents.all my friends have 360s. Only one with a ps3. But $5 extra fir a case and pin? I dunno.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#75 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

OK, I just bought 1 new @ Gamestop in store and I think it was the last copy because the website said low stock b4 I went there. But now that I look at it, the plastic wrap seems suspicious like it was re-sealed. Should I return it and buy it from somewhere else? I just want one new and factory sealed for collecting.

#76 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

OK, I just bought 1 new @ Gamestop in store and I think it was the last copy because the website said low stock b4 I went there. But now that I look at it, the plastic wrap seems suspicious like it was re-sealed. Should I return it and buy it from somewhere else? I just want one new and factory sealed for collecting.

They all look that way, these aren't y-fold sealed.

#77 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

They are all like that.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#78 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

I picked up one yesterday. Someone posted that the packaging is not y folded and my copy has that same re-sealed look as well. I think you are ok. Well I hope anyway because it seems like we are in the same boat LOL.

#79 dallow

dallow

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Capcom has been cheap with their plastic sealing for years.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#80 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

This is kind of a tough sell for me at $20. I never played the original when I was younger. 

In all honesty, I'd probably buy this just to cannibalize the game case. To switch out with one of my red greatest hits games that has an alternate artwork printed inside the cover.

#81 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

I bought it with my redcard so I have 60 days to decide if I really want it or not.

This is kind of a tough sell for me at $20. I never played the original when I was younger. 

In all honesty, I'd probably buy this just to cannibalize the game case. To switch out with one of my red greatest hits games that has an alternate artwork printed inside the cover.

#82 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

I don't understand the appeal of this. I'm a collector and nearly all my games are 100% complete, besides cartridge retro. I also vastly prefer physical media to digital distribution. Yet I don't understand buying a box for a game when there's no disc to put inside of it. Can someone explain to me what the Fuck is up with this? Is it to give the illusion that you own a physical copy of the game?

#83 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

I don't understand the appeal of this. I'm a collector and nearly all my games are 100% complete, besides cartridge retro. I also vastly prefer physical media to digital distribution. Yet I don't understand buying a box for a game when there's no disc to put inside of it. Can someone explain to me what the Fuck is up with this? Is it to give the illusion that you own a physical copy of the game?

Illuminati.

uc.png

#84 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

The CS at GameStop made a scene because I didn't want to buy their already opened copy of a DLC game. A surreal moment indeed.

#85 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Have an empty case for virtual games makes no sense to me personally.   :no:  :booty:  :wall:

Put me in the crowd of "Would have bought if this was an actual disc". So I'll wait for this to hit $10 on XBLA. 

And the NES versions of Ducktales 1 & 2 should be included in this sucker too. 

#86 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

I got this gifted on Steam and to be honest, it's really not that great of a game. It's pretty much just a nostalgia trip. Pretty short/easy game with ok controls. 

#87 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I would have gotten it just to have a case for it if it wasn't more expensive than the PSN release I had preordered before I found out about this (and PS+ I got it even cheaper).  I have a PS3 case for Marvel vs Capcom 2 as well.

FadeToOne.png

#88 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

The point is the pin. Disney pin collecting/trading is a massive hobby. There are people who go to Disney parks solely to find employees who have the employee exclusive pins and trade with them.

http://en.wikipedia....ney_pin_trading
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#89 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

People really are freaking nuts with their collecting of Disney stuff. I was in the Disney Movie Club thread over on bluray.com looking for info and I swear 70% of the posts are people talking about which blu ray titles come with slipcovers. Different from this pin nonsense, I know, but that is what came to mind when I saw it being discussed here.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#90 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

People really are freaking nuts with their collecting of Disney stuff. I was in the Disney Movie Club thread over on bluray.com looking for info and I swear 70% of the posts are people talking about which blu ray titles come with slipcovers. Different from this pin nonsense, I know, but that is what came to mind when I saw it being discussed here.

The slipcover thing isnt exclusive to the Disney fans, check out how much a Beetlejuice slip goes for. Some people go nuts for slips.

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"