• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

Fellow CAGs,

This is the official Forza Motorsport 5 CAG discussion thread.

My hope is that this thread will be moved when a Xbox One forum is created.

In the mean time feel free to discuss anything about Forza 5, news, what you want, etc.

ENJOY!

Link to Forza 5 official Turn 10 site: http://www.forzamoto....net/en-US/FM5/

For a way to update your Android you may not know about check out this site: http://about.me/forceandroid

#2 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

Limited edition pre ordered!

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#3 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

Yeah I was wondering where its thread was located. So news from Gamescom was that they're returning to Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca and the brand new Spa-Francorchamps. Read about it here.

Some Gamescom footage although it's the E3 demo.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=4jGw3CVwu7I

Edited by Spybreak8, 25 August 2013 - 04:37 AM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I was wondering where its thread was located. So news from Gamescom was that they're returning to Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca and the brand new Spa-Francorchamps. Read about it here.

Some Gamescom footage although it's the E3 demo.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=4jGw3CVwu7I

Yeah I am hoping they continue to add real locations like the Baltimore Grand Prix which has gone on for 3 years maybe they can add that as a track.

For a way to update your Android you may not know about check out this site: http://about.me/forceandroid

#5 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

Random question:

The Forza 5 LE comes with Window Decals like the Forza 4 one did.

Did anyone use them?

I wanted to. But I am not putting a Top Gear decal on a Sedan to get laughed at lol

#6 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

I got the CE for Forza 3 so I didn't get it for Forza 4. I also got a deal buying the base game and the wireless racing controller so that's mainly the reason.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#7 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

LCE not only preordered, but paid off with credit.

Anyone else hear the rumors about new tracks?

Apparently, the company that laser-scanned Prague and Spa for tracks in F5 was listing some other projects on their website and Facebook page, information about which has since been removed.

Other sites this company was working at include Pacific Raceway in Kent, Washington, the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the streets of Long Beach, CA, and....Bathurst Raceway in Australia (Blue Mountain, for fans of Forza 1).

They also did some work at Silverstone...which would make sense as it's rumored that all previous real-world tracks will be laser-scanned for this game.

#8 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I just recently started racing the Yas marina Circuit in Grid 2, I love it for all the different variations they let you do with it. My favorite is overtake on there but just last night I did a custom race, a bit off topic, on that circuit with Tier Four cars and it was really really fun.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#9 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Never played a Forza game before, but preordered this yesterday. Anything interesting a beginner should know?

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#10 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

By now, since this is the 5th installment - not including Horizons mind you - you'll have no problem fitting in, they do a good job of making your racing experience fairly seamless. They've pretty much got the racing experience down for any skill level but you can tweak the settings if or when you want. You can opt in or out of the recommended racing line, automatic braking and shifting as well as ABS braking, automatic steering and traction control assists. In fact Forza is pretty much known for these assists.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#11 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Keep Calm Chive On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Never played a Forza game before, but preordered this yesterday. Anything interesting a beginner should know?

I have personally found that Forza fans transcend video games to real cars.

I mean any random person can enjoy a car game like Gran Turismo or Project Gotham Racing but I have found Forza fans can be the most legit car enthusiasts. 

So as a beginner realize that your not as much joining a game realm, more of a Forza ecosystem.

#12 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Btw apparently there will be a Day One Edition, which includes:

Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Car Pack: This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

• 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.
  • 2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#13 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Greetings, fellow Forza fanatics.

I have two words for you all today:

Bathurst, bitches!

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2Fuk%2Fasset

#14 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Info on the news: http://news.xbox.com...-bathurst-track

Forza5_BathurstReveal_01_1X_WM.jpg

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#15 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I have a pre-order for the Forza 5 LE as well as the 'standard' Day One edition. I owned Forza 2 for a short while but lost interest quickly for one reason or another. But I played the Forza 4 demo off Xbox Live recently and I liked it a lot.

For the LE I noticed, among other things, the mention of "2x player rewards" acceleration.  By this they mean that Forza Rewards program and not in game XP or such (if that's a thing in Forza), right? Is the LE worth it for the tokens and VIP membership/VIP cars?

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2013 gaming marathon was a success! For the Kids!

#16 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

I hope that the 430 Scuderia is not a unicorn car this time around. I have it in my Forza 4 garage but it's such a blast to drive both in the game and in real life, that it better be in 5 without having to deal with the auction house BS.

#17 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

Btw apparently there will be a Day One Edition, which includes:

The LE should include this, right?

I hope that the 430 Scuderia is not a unicorn car this time around. I have it in my Forza 4 garage but it's such a blast to drive both in the game and in real life, that it better be in 5 without having to deal with the auction house BS.

Oh, I love that car. You've driven it?

The 430 was one of my favorite car designs, but lots people I know don't like it...oh well.

#18 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

The LE should include this, right?

Oh, I love that car. You've driven it?

The 430 was one of my favorite car designs, but lots people I know don't like it...oh well.

Yeah, a few times

#19 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Forza 5 demo is playable at MS stores. Choice of F12, P1, Focus, 300SL, and some Audi race car on Laguna Seca.

#20 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Can't wait for the game!

Could anyone answer this question for me, from my earlier post..

For the LE I noticed, among other things, the mention of "2x player rewards" acceleration.  By this they mean that Forza Rewards program and not in game XP or such (if that's a thing in Forza), right? Is the LE worth it for the tokens and VIP membership/VIP cars?

#21 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Sorry you got me. I checked Forza 5's site and didn't see anything on that. From what they say on Amazon I'm guessing it's in-game as it'll help you level your driver profile. As for whether the CE will be worth it, I got the CE of Forza 3 so I didn't get it for 4 (felt it was a worthwhile purchase then).

So the McLaren P1 Design video is sexy as hell.

image_forza_motorsport_5-22122-2721_0003

Forza5_E3_Screenshot_07.jpg

If you grab the Limited Edition Car Pack that comes with the CE then the P1 will have Limted Edition livery and be fully tuned.

Also

Prague

The gorgeous city of Prague is the first announced location in Forza Motorsport 5. The largest city in the Czech Republic, Prague is a capital of history and culture and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The Vltava River runs through the heart of Prague, and citizens and visitors alike cross its shores over several bridges, including the famed pedestrian-only Charles Bridge. Prague is home to a number of world-famous landmarks -- many of which you’ll see while playing Forza 5 – including the Prague Astronomical Clock, Zizkov Television Tower, Prague Castle, and many more. Home to challenging elevation changes, architectural delights around every corner, and stunning vistas, the city of Prague is an ideal setting for the unmatched visual realism and wide-eyed thrills that abound in Forza Motorsport 5.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#22 noahj1102

noahj1102

Mile Highing

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

Played around with racing games over the years and liked some and hated others.

I'm really curious and interested in Forza. I put a preorder down on Battlefield 4, but was tempted to go with Forza.

I guess my biggest question is how does this tend to play with the gamepad?

#23 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

That McLaren Vid (which is on the playlist below too):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y2pesYl8gWk

The Forza games play great either with a gamepad or with a wheel, I've used both and usually use a controller since it's easier to game with (don't have to get the wheel and pedals out and hook everything up - plus you can't really design liveries for your car with the wheel lol).

Some new videos are up on Xbox's Youtube Channel.

http://www.youtube.c...O2AYS-pSBqe6K9y

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#24 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

This game is looking really really good.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YLcjfALaQh0

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#25 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Eurogamer review is a mixed bag

http://www.eurogamer...rsport-5-review

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#26 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

8.8 on IGN.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#27 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

The reviews seem pretty favorable (Polygon & Joystiq). Can't wait to play it Friday!!! :D I haven't played a Forza game since Forza 2 either :P

#28 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Here's Adam Sessler's Forza 5 Rev3Games Review  :bouncy:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rw6_-Q3kXtQ

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#29 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

hoping you guys know this...the Day One cars, are they going to be DLC as well?  I placed an order for the Day One edition on sale at Amazon today but wont have an X1 till early next year.  If the Day One cars will be on the marketplace as DLC I may just to buy this until I get an X1, trying to decide that right now.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#30 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Jesus, the Drivatars pretty much 9/10 just ram into you and screw up your turns. I have also learned how horrible some of the people on my friends list drive :-P

Spoiler