Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Best Buy GTA V - [DEAD] Free Rockstar Game / [LIVE] $20 RZ cert for Gamer Unlocked or $10 cert for RZ members

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#1 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Update (2013/09/02):

The Free Rockstar Game with pre-order portion of the promotion was closed prematurely and is now dead. Orders made while the deal was active will be honored as long as the free game chosen was not GTA V. These pre-orders will also still include the $10 or $20 RZ certificate.

Some Cags who used the glitch to get free copies of GTA V have gotten cancellation emails for glitched orders. Follow the thread's later pages to keep up on news, cancellations, etc.

-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-

[STILL LIVE] $20 RZ cert for Gamer Unlocked members or $10 RZ cert for Rewardzone members

As a Reward Zone® Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

https://myrewardzone...900a76f800bed8a
One of the biggest benefits of your Reward Zone® Gamers Club [Unlocked] membership is this exclusive offer. Get $20 in reward certificates each time you pre-order and purchase one of the unreleased titles below:

2013 Titles:

The Last of Us
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist
    Grand Theft Auto V
    South Park: The Stick of Truth

-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..-

[DEAD] Free Select Rockstar Game when you pre-order Grand Theft Auto V

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat309700050002

f_freerockstar0825_02.jpg

Choose the FREE game from:

Red Dead Redemption

GTA IV

GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City

Midnight Club LA Complete

#2 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Was this the "deal" you all were talking about in the other threads?  Maybe I read it wrong, but I previously thought the "deal" was you could buy two copies of GTA V for the price of one?  A free older Rockstar game is only like a $10-$20 benefit, imo.

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

^ It previously let you add to copies of GTA IV and the second copy was getting zeroed out. In fact if you added just the first copy it would show up at $0.

#4 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

I preordered long time ago in store...can I bring my preorder ticket and tell them and walkout with a free game?

#5 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

I also preordered a while ago.  If anyone knows how we go about taking advantage of this, that would be great.  I guess I could just cancel and re-make the preorder.

Posted Image

#6 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

You also mean $20 cert for gc unlocked. Nice deal, think ill do if.

#7 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Probably just leave this alone... I already own GTA4 and Red Dead, not particularly interested in Midnight Club, and I really don't want to somehow jeopardize my $20 GCU gift cert...

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Is this in store too?

#9 xbltheshadow

xbltheshadow

I Love Guitar Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Is this in store too?

Would love to know this too since I was headed to BB today for other reasons and had preordered GTA V from Amazon. This is a much better deal.

#10 fenz4ever

fenz4ever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

I pre-ordered a long time ago (and am a Gamer's club Unlocked member). How do I get my free game?

ach.png

#11 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Well I already have a preorder at GS and I own GTA IV and Red Dead, but damn this is tempting.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#12 loudlyrandomplay

loudlyrandomplay

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

I pre-ordered a long time ago (and am a Gamer's club Unlocked member). How do I get my free game?

We don't know. We aren't best buy customer service. Try contacting them or going in a store.

#13 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm not going to do this, but you guys could always sell or trade in the free game (or trade your current copy of said game and keep the new/free one) to lower the overall cost for GTA V.  Say, $7 TIV at GS, plus 50% bonus = $10.50 extra savings off GTA V.

#14 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Good deal if I could go pick it up. Closest Best Buy is two hours from me. :(

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#15 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Was debating on getting either from BB or MS. Guess BB it is!
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#16 freakmojo

freakmojo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

I would love for this to apply to the console bundle. I feel it should.

#17 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flat top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

BBY online charges the full amount up front, right?

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time PS3 resell $1

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon | Steelbooks B2G1 | Blu-ray Slipcovers

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991

#18 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

I was really excited about this deal, then I saw the games listed. No GOTY editions? These vanilla versions are virtually worthless at this point. Plus, I already played/adored RDR, and I'll have no desire to play GTAIV if/when I get GTAV. It'd be nice if they added some other R* game like Bully. Still, this is one of the best pre-order deals I've seen if you are GCU.

We don't know. We aren't best buy customer service. Try contacting them or going in a store.

This forum is loads more helpful than Customer Service for most companies, it doesn't hurt to ask. I myself have gotten tons more help here regarding Origin/Nintendo than I did through either of their idiotic CS services.

I preordered long time ago in store...can I bring my preorder ticket and tell them and walkout with a free game?

I highly doubt it, otherwise there's nothing stopping anybody from pre-ordering several times just to get $5 games. I'm sure you get this game after you pick up your GTAV pre-order.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#19 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I highly doubt it, otherwise there's nothing stopping anybody from pre-ordering several times just to get $5 games. I'm sure you get this game after you pick up your GTAV pre-order.

I didn't go through the complete checkout (I'm hoping to match in store since I already pre ordered), but it looks like it should ship right away. My guess is, if you try to cancel or return GTA V, they'll just take the $20 as if you just purchased the free game itself.

Can anyone that ordered confirm?

#20 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Might have to try this in store, would just go for it online but the store I'd want to pick up the game at isn't showing up as an option. So weird. 

I know it isn't much, but seriously, you could turn around and trade Red Dead for $6.30 back to them. Think of it as just getting an extra $6 back on top of the $20 you get back from RZ.  Then just pray to the gaming gods that someone, somewhere, sells the game for a bit less release week (or even that someone throws in a gift card or guide deal or something) that we can maybe match. 

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#21 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

I didn't go through the complete checkout (I'm hoping to match in store since I already pre ordered), but it looks like it should ship right away. My guess is, if you try to cancel or return GTA V, they'll just take the $20 as if you just purchased the free game itself.

Can anyone that ordered confirm?

Wait, what? When I pre-ordered, it was $5 minimum. Now it's $20?

If it's $20 to pre-order I could totally see them letting you take the game now. I didn't realize they'd raised the minimum down for the pre-order.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#22 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

BBY online charges the full amount up front, right?

Yep.

#23 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Wait, what? When I pre-ordered, it was $5 minimum. Now it's $20?

If it's $20 to pre-order I could totally see them letting you take the game now. I didn't realize they'd raised the minimum down for the pre-order.

I think you misunderstood.   online you have to pay full cost of pre-order, in store you can do $5 or pay full price.  Either way, he was saying that if you did the pre-order, go the free game and then later tried to cancel the pre-order they would charge you $20 for the previous free game.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#24 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

I just called Best Buy.  Short answer - if you preordered before this promotion, the only way to get it is to cancel your preorder and do it again. 

Posted Image

#25 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I just called Best Buy.  Short answer - if you preordered before this promotion, the only way to get it is to cancel your preorder and do it again.

Well that's annoying.

#26 midloo

midloo

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

And if you're an @Gamer subscriber you'll get the $20 in RZ points as well if you cancel today and order again? 

Posted Image

#27 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Anyway, I have RDR already and not really interested in GTAIV.  How is Midnight Club?  I have Forza 4. Is it similar to that or does it feel more arcade like NFS?

#28 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

And if you're an @Gamer subscriber you'll get the $20 in RZ points as well if you cancel today and order again? 

I didn't ask about that, but I'm counting on it.  The game is still listed on the Gamer's Club website, and we're still pre-ordering the game, so if they don't give the certificate I'll be spending another 30 minutes of hell on the phone with their support.

Posted Image

#29 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just preordered it plus i am a gamers club unlocked member so this is a sweet deal

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#30 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Midnight Club CE is a great free game If RD was Goty it would be a great free