Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Best Buy GTA V - [DEAD] Free Rockstar Game / [LIVE] $20 RZ cert for Gamer Unlocked or $10 cert for RZ members

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#121 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm emailed Best Buy because I'm too lazy to call and they are giving me a $10 RZ certificate. Not bad I guess.

Posted Image

#122 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

I preordered my copy in store today and put $5 down.

No where onumy receipt does it mention getting a $10gc.

Shouls I be concerned? I never preorder stuff to know.

#123 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

I was wrong, they are actually sending me a $10 gift card with no expiration date. Nice.

Posted Image

#124 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm emailed Best Buy because I'm too lazy to call and they are giving me a $10 RZ certificate. Not bad I guess.

were you trying to adjust an existing pre-order or get in on the deal itself?  If the latter, I may email best buy as well.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#125 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

I preordered my copy in store today and put $5 down.

No where onumy receipt does it mention getting a $10gc.

Shouls I be concerned? I never preorder stuff to know.

Are you a Reward Zone member? Moreover, are you a member of the Gamer's Club Unlocked? If you're a regular RZ member and only a member of the Gamer's Club free level membership(meaning you haven't paid for the $15 level Gamer's Club subscription that gets you the 10% discount on pre-owned games, 10% bump on game trades and coupons delivered to your email for various games/deals), then you should get the $10 certificate after you pre-order and pick up GTA V. I believe it's usually within a month or so of you actually completing the purchase of the game.

If you're a member of the Gamer's Club Unlocked and a Reward Zone member, then you get the $20 pre-order Reward Zone certificate. Again though that's not until AFTER you've picked up/bought the game.

#126 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

Has anyone been able to preorder the Special Edition in store?  I went in today and no one could do it, must be done online and that means waiting for shipping.  My Best Buy is having a midnight opening for it, so I'd love to actually just walk in and get it. 

#127 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

The glitch was being able to add another copy of GTA5 as the free game, right?  So they are still letting you pick another free Rockstar game out when you preorder, or did they just cancel the entire promotion?  I thought if it was in the ad they legally had to honor it rhoughout the week. 

Companies always put a disclaimer in the T&C of offers like these that says something to the effect of 'they reserve the right to cancel, limit or change the terms at any time'. 

Just look at the Toys R' Us deal recently for a prime example of this. When it was originally started, the promotion was 3/$30 on $19.99 and under games and now it's 3/$40 on the same. While not a huge difference, that slight change in the promotion made it more in favor of the company than the consumers.

#128 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Are you a Reward Zone member? Moreover, are you a member of the Gamer's Club Unlocked? If you're a regular RZ member and only a member of the Gamer's Club free level membership(meaning you haven't paid for the $15 level Gamer's Club subscription that gets you the 10% discount on pre-owned games, 10% bump on game trades and coupons delivered to your email for various games/deals), then you should get the $10 certificate after you pre-order and pick up GTA V. I believe it's usually within a month or so of you actually completing the purchase of the game.

If you're a member of the Gamer's Club Unlocked and a Reward Zone member, then you get the $20 pre-order Reward Zone certificate. Again though that's not until AFTER you've picked up/bought the game.

I'm only a RZ member.  I used to be a paying GCU member but they couldn't ever get my GCU linked with RZ right so it didn't work basically.  Never got the benefits outside of the print magazine when they still had that.

#129 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

were you trying to adjust an existing pre-order or get in on the deal itself?  If the latter, I may email best buy as well.

I was trying to adjust my existing pre-order. The rep said I would have to either cancel my preorder and do it again or they will send me a $10 gift card to go against one of the free games.

Posted Image

#130 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm only a RZ member.  I used to be a paying GCU member but they couldn't ever get my GCU linked with RZ right so it didn't work basically.  Never got the benefits outside of the print magazine when they still had that.

I had to post on the BB forums in order to get my RZ account linked properly with my Gamer's Club Unlocked. It took a bit, but they should still be able to do that if you were to re-up.

#131 midloo

midloo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Can the OP stick "[DEAD]" in the title of this thread?  I keep getting my hopes up that it has come back. 

Posted Image

#132 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I posted the glitch deal and Best Buy is free to cancel all those orders and reinstate this correctly - in fact, why aren't they doing that?  The website allowed me to add a copy of GTA V as a free game, so why exactly shouldn't I do that?  I jumped through no hoops, I didn't copy a weird URL into my browser, it was just there.  

Even better, if this free game deal shows up in the ad during release week, the glitch may just be in the system...B1G1 on GTAV's may still be a reality soon.  Although not as good as the B0G1 that was available for a sliver of time (assuming the orders go through)...

Because people who can't afford a $60 game went as far as deleting their copy of GTA5 and kept the "free" copy of GTA5 paying 0 dollars for a copy and screwing the rest of us. Greedy people don't you think?

Oh I can afford a $60 game I assure you, but paying $0 is better than paying $60 don't you think?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#133 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

Does anyone know if BB upgrades the $10 to $20 if you upgrade your membership AFTER you had already preordered the game?

#134 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

Does anyone know if BB upgrades the $10 to $20 if you upgrade your membership AFTER you had already preordered the game?

You get it at time of PICK UP, so renew or upgrade before then you are gold.

#135 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Even better, if this free game deal shows up in the ad during release week, the glitch may just be in the system...B1G1 on GTAV's may still be a reality soon.  Although not as good as the B0G1 that was available for a sliver of time (assuming the orders go through)...

Oh I can afford a $60 game I assure you, but paying $0 is better than paying $60 don't you think?

Yeah but if everything is free then its gonna dry out. Sometimes you have to throw alittle back or atleast try not to make it completely obvious. 2 copies of something for $30 might not raise as many flags as one thats 0. This could lead to limited deals in the future.

#136 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

You get it at time of PICK UP, so renew or upgrade before then you are gold.

Wait... You get the $20 RZ certificate when you pick up the pre-ordered game? I always thought they did it after the normal 2 week return period, so that way at least you don't get some dicks trying to game the system by picking up the game, getting the certificate and then returning the game after using the certificate.

#137 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

Wait... You get the $20 RZ certificate when you pick up the pre-ordered game? I always thought they did it after the normal 2 week return period, so that way at least you don't get some dicks trying to game the system by picking up the game, getting the certificate and then returning the game after using the certificate.

you have wait atleast 30 days, and if you return the games, and used up $20 rz certif. you rz account will show negative points. LOL

#138 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

you have wait atleast 30 days, and if you return the games, and used up $20 rz certif. you rz account will show negative points. LOL

That's what I thought.

What gets me is that the thread for the B2G1 coupon at Target that's glitched got deleted, yet this thread is still sitting here and it too involves people taking advantage of a companies' error in their system. Not all of it is people saying how they tried just ordering a free copy of GTA V, but the people gloating about it should have their posts deleted as it shows CAG in a bad light.

#139 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

That's what I thought.

What gets me is that the thread for the B2G1 coupon at Target that's glitched got deleted, yet this thread is still sitting here and it too involves people taking advantage of a companies' error in their system. Not all of it is people saying how they tried just ordering a free copy of GTA V, but the people gloating about it should have their posts deleted as it shows CAG in a bad light.

Said nobody ever...

#140 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Now they are offering a free steel book with M
arkham origins yet on the checkout screen it says the steel book is $50. What is up with all these website errors?

#141 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

No surprise, but my free copy of GTA 5 from last weekend's best buy glitch was just cancelled.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#142 247

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

No surprise, but my free copy of GTA 5 from last weekend's best buy glitch was just cancelled.

yup, same here

#143 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

*sigh* Yeah, same here. :cry:

Oh well, looks like I'm not getting GTA V at launch after all. :razz:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#144 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Still in Process for me. *Fingers Crossed*

xivpads.png

#145 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Edit: Nevermind.  In another thread someone posted some of the cancellation email, which is what I was asking about.

#146 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

My GCU expires 9/1, so If I already have it preordered online, do I need to renew it to get the $20 certificate, or will I get it by having my order placed before then?

Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#147 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

My GCU expires 9/1, so If I already have it preordered online, do I need to renew it to get the $20 certificate, or will I get it by having my order placed before then?

You need to be an active member of GCU by the time the game is billed to you.

xivpads.png

#148 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

You need to be an active member of GCU by the time the game is billed to you.

Damn it... I wasn't on planning renewing it either this time around. Thanks for the response, Stryder.

Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#149 aguilar_s24

aguilar_s24

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

yup, same here

*sigh* Yeah, same here. :cry:

Oh well, looks like I'm not getting GTA V at launch after all. :razz:

Did you guys JUST get one free copy and not pay for another? If so I'm assuming that's probably why. Praying mine doesn't get cancelled lol.

17445837.png

#150 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I paid for 1 GTA 5 and got one free...just received a cancellation email.