Madden NFL 25 Xbox 360 or PS3 $45 Newegg via eBay

This just shows there's no reason to pay full price for any standard version of a game ever.  $100 for Madden and NFL Sunday ticket, now that's a bargain.  

I wish newegg would just put these on their site so i could get local stores to price match it.... as soon as they see EBay they deny :(

I wish newegg would just put these on their site so i could get local stores to price match it.... as soon as they see EBay they deny :(
If you have a little extra cash, what I sometimes do is

1. Order off ebay.

2. Purchase at local store and keep receipt(Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop)

3. Enjoy game.

4. When ebay copy get in, return with receipt to store.

5. ???

6. Profit

1. Order off ebay.

3. Enjoy game.

5. ???

6. Profit
This is %1000 ILLEGAL!!!!! :twisted: Hahah JK I do it all the time too :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Order off ebay.
3. Enjoy game.
5. ???
6. Profit
5. Enjoy committing Return Fraud.

I find it funny how he put a bunch of ???'s at step 5. :)
About

“PROFIT” is used in numbered lists to explain how to reach a goal. The basic template is:

1. Step one
2. Step two
3. ????
4. PROFIT
!!!

Origin

This meme comes directly from South Park's Season 2, Episode 17 (30th in total) which aired on December 16th, 1998. In this particular episode, the children’s underwear are being stolen from them by gnomes for the purpose of “profit.”

The process, as explained by thee gnomes goes something like this:

Step 1. Collect underpants.

Step 2. ?

Step 3. PROFIT

The gnomes lack of a business plan is used as a foil to the other main theme of the episode, a focus on large corporations. While the character Tweek’s parents are busy trying to figure out how their small coffee shop will compete with the giant Harbuck’s corporation (Starbucks Parody) the Gnomes illustrate a satire on crazy, unfounded money-making schemes.

Almost as soon as the episodes had aired, journalists were already using the South Park reference to describe the shortcomings of companies that failed in the big dot com collapse. In short, those who failed to develop a coherent strategy for collecting profit were behaving like Underpants Gnomes.

Today, the meme is typically used in forums or comments sections as a response that implies sarcastic disregard for the utility or purpose of a post.

tumblr_mmcw8mofwG1r5xzspo1_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The National Retail Federation defines return fraud pretty specifically as returning an item in different condition than was purchased with the intent to retain the original purchased item and fraudulently have the retailer accept a different product.

This is not a different product. It's an identical product in every way, in the same condition as the item that was originally purchased. Unethical? Perhaps. Illegal? I'd like to see how it could even remotely be described as such.

bread's done
Back