Wii U Price drop Sept. 20th/Pre-Order Now

Cindaddy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Price drop September 20th to $299 for deluxe. Nintendo calls this a "limited edition" bundle.

Bundle includes:
  • Zelda Windwaker HD digital download
  • Free Hyrule Historia Book (Digital)
  • Gamepad is Zelda themed
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23041]

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/372742703701696512/photo/1

*Bundle does not include Nintendoland. It is NOT Gamestop exclusive.

GS Pre-Order:Here

Best Buy Pre-Order http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wii+U+Deluxe+-+The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+The+Wind+Waker+Bundle/1654001.p?id=1219058301134&skuId=1654001&st=zelda%20wii%20u%20bundle&cp=1&lp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I didn't buy a Wii, this might make me jump back to Nintendo, but with the backlog I think I should wait for another price drop 

nintendo_2ds.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

LOL a 2DS is coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAExBTWIp3M

That was my initial reaction, but bundling in Windwaker is pretty decent.

Just realized it says free Hyrule Historia book on the box.
Yes, maybe it makes sense to buy the Wind Waker bundle then sell Wind Waker because I've already played it. That reduces the price a bunch more. Maybe I'll be picking up a Wii U after all. Only thing, would there be better Black Friday deals? Maybe with a gift card thrown in by the stores?

edit: mentioned 2ds but HTZ beat me to it so removed that part.

This is still $50 too high.  At least.  The WW pack-in makes it a little more bearable but the base console should be around $200.

The Zelda controller is pretty sweet, but I'm going to hold off until it's much cheaper. Once it starts hitting the $100 mark like the Wii did (will to wait a few more years) then I'll consider it. I'd only buy the damn thing for Smash Brothers and Windwaker. 

Yes, maybe it makes sense to buy the Wind Waker bundle then sell Wind Waker because I've already played it. That reduces the price a bunch more. Maybe I'll be picking up a Wii U after all. Only thing, would there be better Black Friday deals? Maybe with a gift card thrown in by the stores?
It says that Wind Waker is a "Full Game Download" on the box. I'd rather have a physical disc, but I suppose you could sell the Wind Waker download code.

That Zelda controller is awesome, but I think $300 is still out of my price range just because I really don't think I'll turn it on.

You get WW HD 2 weeks early with this bundle, which is a plus, but I'm still going to wait for a better deal and more worthwhile games.

LOL a 2DS is coming.
As ridiculous as it may seem I find myself wondering how the controls and sound perform. The position of the analog stick and buttons in relation to the top screen may be more ergo for long play sessions. I wonder what the MSRP will be?

While that 2DS is ugly as sin, it's actually fairly tempting for me at $130 since I don't give a flying fuck about the 3D.  $80-$100 around Black Friday (assuming this thing catches on and doesn't fail completely) and I may pick it up.  I'm still wondering about the screen size though.

EDIT: LazyTriangle and I share the same opinion on the look of the 2DS haha.

EDIT 2: Screen size is same as the original 3DS.

What happened to "Please understand, we can't drop the price of the Wii U................." ?

This is no where near enough of a drop, wait a couple of months and for an extra $100 you can have a PS4.

It says that Wind Waker is a "Full Game Download" on the box. I'd rather have a physical disc, but I suppose you could sell the Wind Waker download code.
If it is like Nintend's other bundle there is no code, the game is already in the system

edit: mentioned 2ds but HTZ beat me to it so removed that part.
Where is Blaster man when you need him.
2 above you. I'd think waiting for another 50 off is good but if you can sell the Zelda pack in then it would be worth a purchase...except someone here just reported that Zelda is a code and here I thought Nintendoland was the code and Zelda was a physical disk??

Speaking of the 2DS:

Nintendo: "haha you guys are right, 3D is a gimmick!"

Wait that 2DS isn't an Onion joke or something? ...

Don't know if its idiotic or ingenious, since lots of parents refuse to buy a 3DS b/c of the 3D. If its out before Pokemon and its cheaper Nintendo may have hit a home run.

$300 for a console with only kiddie games........ PASS.

Mine is just a dust collector. Hopefully nintendo do a WiiU ambassador. 

is the wind waker WiiU bundle a limited release? or will it be around for awhile, I want to buy it but I'll wait until black friday where there is always the possibility it will be cheaper or at least be bundled with another game/gift card.

Wait that 2DS isn't an Onion joke or something? ...

Don't know if its idiotic or ingenious, since lots of parents refuse to buy a 3DS b/c of the 3D. If its out before Pokemon and its cheaper Nintendo may have hit a home run.
Hey 3d is bad for the kid's eyes. I remember having a heated discussion about this some time ago on the Nintendo board here with you guys. That said, you folks told me that the 3D can be turned off and locked behind a password. If that's true then the only purpose of this is to lower the price. This makes the DSi about as useful as a shoe without a sole.

Any chance those Zelda bundles will still be around when the WiiU hits $200 or so or will this be like the ZombiU bundles that were gone after 1-2 weeks?

Also, that Wind Waker remake is $50 !!!

I don't know what I was expecting, but that seems a lot for a better looking version of a Gamecube game.

They finally realized that the 3D effect was nothing more than a gimmick. Shame they bet the house that for the 3DS, just like they bet everything on the gamepad to move the Wii U. When will Nintendo learn, gimmicks aren't enough to move hardware and games?

I thought it was pretty obvious the 2DS was targeted at a younger audience. It's coming out the same day as the new Pokemon game. C'mon, people.

I wish they would just have made a DS that was the 2DS features in the 3DS body. That's what I wanted the whole time anyway. They didn't need to introduce a stupid 3D feature to get me to buy a new DS, all they had to do was make Pokemon X & Y "next-gen DS" only like they did and I would've bought it anyway.

Hopefully they will realize the gamepad is also a gimmick like the 3D on the 3DS and release a real controller and not some XBOX wannabe controller.

I thought it was pretty obvious the 2DS was targeted at a younger audience. It's coming out the same day as the new Pokemon game. C'mon, people.
uh-oh...you said Pokemon (or any Nintendo game for that matter) is targeted at children. The adult babies are going to come here and cry that they aren't kids.

Nintendo's gone nuts today with news:

- New Wind Waker bundle, $50 Wii U price drop

- "2DS" announced

- Release schedule completely rearranged. Mario 3D World in November now before Black Friday, Donkey Kong to December, Wind Waker to September

- Wonderful101 bombed on a whole new level in Japan launch numbers

Also the Wii U price drop isn't effective NOW - it's September 20th. Which is odd as hell.

It's a better price if you WANT a Wii U, but I still don't feel that it's competitive. $300 is still a lot of bones to drop on a system that is floundering.

2DS seems like some weird Frankenstein system, but I dig weird sometimes. If it gets one of those Black Friday $40 GC or free game bundles, I may be down for it. Plus, it looks like a system that may be easily hardware modified.

What a joke, a grossly outdated system that is less powerful than the 8 years old ps3/360 and with much less games selling for $300, while ps3/360 will be $200 and ps4/xbone at $400. If Nintendo's lucky, maybe it will be enough to raise Wii-U's abysmal monthly sales from ~10k to ~20k temporarily. 

uh-oh...you said Pokemon (or any Nintendo game for that matter) is targeted at children. The adult babies are going to come here and cry that they aren't kids.
Ha! Pokemon X/Y is a day one buy for me, but I'm start enough to know most of it is targeted at kids. Still a great series though, IMO.

What a joke, a grossly outdated system that is less powerful than the 8 years old ps3/360 and with much less games selling for $300, while ps3/360 will be $200 and ps4/xbone at $400. If Nintendo's lucky, maybe it will be enough to raise Wii-U's abysmal monthly sales from ~10k to ~20k temporarily.

Don't worry. You might get one for Christmas.

bread's done
Back