The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

• Please log in to reply
1002 replies to this topic

#271 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

after playing Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Super Mario 3D World (plus seeing the new DK) at PAX, this bundle is the perfect time for me to get a Wii U. 

#272 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

How was super mario 3d world?

#273 doggyflewaway

doggyflewaway

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

So it looks like you can preorder in-store at Bestbuy. Any word on Target? I'm going to try again after work today.

An update to in-store preorder at Target: looks like no go. They only had the preorder cards for just the game and not the bundle which makes me think it's going to be an online only preorder for Target. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for shipping.

#274 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

How was super mario 3d world?

as a bigger fan of 3D Land than the NSMB games, i thought it was great. the level i played had more enemy and platforming elements than 3D Land, and it looked awesome in HD.  

#275 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

An update to in-store preorder at Target: looks like no go. They only had the preorder cards for just the game and not the bundle which makes me think it's going to be an online only preorder for Target. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for shipping.

yup just got back from Target and no in-store preorders. think i'm going to put money down at GS or BBY as a backup just in case i cant score one at Target with the 10% (in-store only) coupon i got from changing my address. 

#276 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

as a bigger fan of 3D Land than the NSMB games, i thought it was great. the level i played had more enemy and platforming elements than 3D Land, and it looked awesome in HD.

Good. I loved 3d land. Ready for it.

#277 ToadKirby

ToadKirby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Glad I went to the store last week.  I would have never guessed that the game would have sold out so fast... I guess I just had a feeling that going early was important.

GL to the non-hoarders out there.  I'm sure there will be a small restock or two in the coming month,

#278 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

So it looks like you can preorder in-store at Bestbuy. Any word on Target? I'm going to try again after work today.

I wasn't able to preorder in store at bestbuy.. do you have confirmation you were able to?

#279 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

I wasn't able to preorder in store at bestbuy.. do you have confirmation you were able to?

Ask them in store and show them the online link.

http://www.bestbuy.c...wii u&cp=1&lp=2

#280 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Ask them in store and show them the online link.

http://www.bestbuy.c...wii u&cp=1&lp=2

yea i already did that with 3 different employees, they put in the sku and it tells them they're not allowed to sell it as a preorder..

but if anyone was able to get them to do it let me know and how.

#281 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

yea i already did that with 3 different employees, they put in the sku and it tells them they're not allowed to sell it as a preorder..

but if anyone was able to get them to do it let me know and how.

ask for a store manager, they have the power to over ride it.

#282 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Nice limited edition bundle -- well worth the purchase for one who can afford it and wants to try out the Wii U. Really digging the gamepad design too. However, I was so disenchanted with my launch Wii U that I sold it and never looked back. And also, judging by all the cool stuff this bundle comes with, it only makes me feel more ripped off at launch. 

#283 247

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

240162 is the regular editon right?

Yes it is. I'm so sad right now. I clearly asked the employee to pre order the limited edition and not the regular edition, I even told him it was the one that was priced $59.99.

#284 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

no I don't think they can do that, if they could, then why wouldn't it work for anyone?

#285 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Stop with the arguing/trolling.  If you have nothing constructive to add, do not post.

#286 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Stupid question, but wouldn't in store pickup work as a preorder? Your CC won't get charged until you pick it up

#287 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

You can't override a street date exclusion. If the computer says no, you're boned.

The computer can be wrong but it needs to be adjusted on a higher level.
Posted Image

#288 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

We don't need people in here posting that they pre-ordered more than one.

If you pre-ordered more than one, keep it to yourself.  All posting about that in here will do is to get people griping and complaining about it and that's something we don't need in here.

#289 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Finally, a mod call on that.  Thank god wooooohoo. 

#290 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Both kids are campaigning for a WiiU for Christmas, so looks like I'll be trying to get one of the Zelda ones. I'd rather get them this one over the Basic or Vanilla Deluxe.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#291 LecherousMonk86

LecherousMonk86

People...Please!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

this Zelda bundle was the perfect incentive to invest in a Wii U. Having never played Wind Waker; the purchase just made sense. I only wish I could have picked up the system on the release date, instead of waiting for Best Buy to ship it. At least shipping was free and I get 6-months no interest with my BB card. Many reasons why I don't shop at Gamestop.

#292 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

this Zelda bundle was the perfect incentive to invest in a Wii U. Having never played Wind Waker; the purchase just made sense. I only wish I could have picked up the system on the release date, instead of waiting for Best Buy to ship it. At least shipping was free and I get 6-months no interest with my BB card. Many reasons why I don't shop at Gamestop.

Im on the same boat as you but I'm not a big fan of the gamepad. Hopefully its a sticker and not actual paint.

Posted Image

#293 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

If it's anything like the 3DS and almost every other LE nintendo I've owner...it's paint

#294 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Why would it be a sticker? Kind if defeats the purpose and all logic. Lol

#295 Joshe

Joshe

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Am I better off waiting until tomorrow to look for the special editions of people not picking up preorders or just go today?
Posted Image

#296 doggyflewaway

doggyflewaway

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Whoa... That sounded better in my head. Should i go scavenge gamestops for the game and figure or am shit out of luck if didn't preorder?

Call ahead and ask very clearly if they are still taking preorders for the limited edition.

#297 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, also keep in mind that this isn't out for another month so there's nothing to scavenge except preorders, if that.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#298 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Whoa... That sounded better in my head. Should i go scavenge gamestops for the game and figure or am shit out of luck if didn't preorder?

You are out of luck unless they restock

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#299 deletedaccount

deletedaccount

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Like I've said in earlier posts, when Nintendo says "limited editon" ANYTHING, they mean it. Most limited edition stuff from Nintendo doesn't last past pre orders. If you want it, don't hesitate and pre-order ASAP. Nintendo isn't known for restocking anything past first shipment of limited editions. The only example I know of that's the exception is Mario All-Stars Wii where they did a second reprint.

#300 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Can anyone speculate on how limited this bundle will be? Will this be more excessively produced like the New Super Mario Bros red Wii bundle and therefor be available for months to come or will it be comparable to 3DS limited edition releases and have more of a single-ish production? I know no legitimate details have been released on this but just wanted to hear other peoples perspectives.

I've got a feeling this is going to be very limited. The Ganondorf figure LE game is already sold out in my local GS, thankfully I reserved it on their website day one just in case. That LE Wii U with special gamepad design is gonna be a highly sought collector's item, unfortunately I already have a Wii U and I want the Ganon figure, and there's no way I'm buying a 2nd Wii U AND 2 copies of Windwaker lol. So I'll skip the special Wii U and just get the Windwaker w/Ganon and call it a day.